Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 71 72 73 74 75 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-24-09 03:54 PM EDT (US)     2161 / 2270       
Again, I can't really help without more detail.

But here's what I can offer:

Download THIS folder.

It contains several unfinished projects by NightConqueror (The mastermind behind the "Jedi Legends" campaigns. If you haven't played them, I highly recommend you do.)

These are mostly cinematics, which feature various scenes of dialogue, events, and battles. They are all in .sc1 format so you can view the trigger workings behind them in the scenario editor. It's easier to learn firsthand than reading text on a forum.

Take a look at them, and if you still have any problems, get back to me, and I'll help in any other way that I can.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 07-24-2009 @ 03:56 PM).]

johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-24-09 07:28 PM EDT (US)     2162 / 2270       
I tried to do the same as NightConqueror(don't put any units of mine in the battlefield) but it didn't worked. The command center always appear in a random area of the map T.T
I don't know how to stop this

Now I'll try to specify a little more what I really want to do:

1. The scenario starts( the map is completelly black - like in NightConqueror movies)
2. A message appears explaining what happened before and what is gonna happen(the screen stills black)
3. Then a map revealer is created in the Jedi Council Meeting room and the cinematic starts(The Jedi Council meeting)
4. The chat begin (This part I know how to do ^^)
5. After the whole meeting the cinematic is already over.

As you see it is really short. I needed to make a new scenario, because I didn't had space to put the Jedi Council Meeting room in the previous scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad english

¬¬
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-24-09 08:12 PM EDT (US)     2163 / 2270       
I see you didn't catch the message in my previous post:
Ensure that the player has an "Undefeatable Object" (PLAYER 1 - UNITS - UNDEFEATABLE OBJECT) somewhere on the map.
That will prevent the command center from appearing. This needs to be done with every player.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-27-09 12:55 PM EDT (US)     2164 / 2270       
Hey guys!
I have a question about hitpoints this time.

I read the Conditions and Triggers help tread from the homepage. I read that part about Change Object Hp. I understanded about increasing, but I didn't understanded about decreasing. Can you explain me?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my bad english

¬¬
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-27-09 02:18 PM EDT (US)     2165 / 2270       
To decrease HP, you have to use a negative ( - ) symbol.

However, the game doesn't allow you to type this into the HP box, so you have to copy and paste it in.

Let's say you have a unit whose default HP is 400.

You want to make it 100.

type "-" somewhere in the trigger description (without quotations) select it, and copy it.

create the Change object HP effect and paste the "-" into the box, and write 300 after it. Done.

HOWEVER, if you ever touch that effect again, the game wont recognize the value, and it will be erased, meaning you have to do it again.

This can also be used to Heal a unit.

only you make 2 damage triggers:
Damage unit: 100
Damage unit: -100

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 08-15-09 06:54 PM EDT (US)     2166 / 2270       
Hello my friends.

I come back to you with a new question.

How can I make a map revealer in the sky or space?

Before someone asks me I will already say what I want to do.

It's in coruscant, people are chating and then someone hears a noise and look at the sky. Then there they are.TF Landers.

I know how can I make it look like it's fliying but I don't know how to make them appear to the player.

The place is far from land so the player couldn't see it.

I would like to add a new question too.

I downloaded the Phantom Menace Campaign(SCN Punk l TVS)and I wish to know, how did he maked enemies attack the player while he pratically defends the blaster with it's lightsaber?

Thanks in advance.

¬¬

[This message has been edited by johnny595 (edited 08-17-2009 @ 04:48 PM).]

Swish_Swish
Clone Trooper
posted 08-22-09 11:52 AM EDT (US)     2167 / 2270       
is there an AI to make workers agressive (like they see you they will attak you?) i need this for one of my scen's any help will be grate (i know i spelled that rong but WTF!)

Zaarin: And don't forget Vrook's famous bedside manners. It'd be more like, "Woman, if you don't stop that screaming this instant, I swear...And look how you got blood on my robes. Can't you see that bleeding on people messes everything up and leads to the Dark Side? No, of course you can't; you're too selfish to see that just like you always were."
SWGB Color FIX: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=61817&st=recent&f=1,61817,0,10
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 08-24-09 03:44 PM EDT (US)     2168 / 2270       
is there an AI to make workers agressive (like they see you they will attak you?) i need this for one of my scen's any help will be grate (i know i spelled that rong but WTF!)
Well I searched around the dls section and I didn't found anything related to aggressive workers.

But, you should try to dl the Attack AI and make a Civ. just for the workers. Then you set their AI to the Attack one that you dl.

P.S.:Could someone answer my question please

Another P.S.: Is your Avatar from Dead Space, swish_swish?I was searching around the web for dead space, and that game looks great!

Good luck on your campaing!

¬¬

[This message has been edited by johnny595 (edited 08-24-2009 @ 03:48 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 08-24-09 03:48 PM EDT (US)     2169 / 2270       
There's something called the 'visible starfield' scenario. Search for it in the download section, then just copy the revealer from the appropriate player into your scenario.

As for the 'deflecting'

That was just an invisible target placed between the Jedi, and the attacker, then changing the ownership to a player they're are both enemies to.

That way, it looks like units are shooting at each other, but none get hurt (unless using a unit with splash damage)

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Swish_Swish
Clone Trooper
posted 08-25-09 05:47 AM EDT (US)     2170 / 2270       
thank's guy's. and yeh my av is from dead space.

Zaarin: And don't forget Vrook's famous bedside manners. It'd be more like, "Woman, if you don't stop that screaming this instant, I swear...And look how you got blood on my robes. Can't you see that bleeding on people messes everything up and leads to the Dark Side? No, of course you can't; you're too selfish to see that just like you always were."
SWGB Color FIX: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=61817&st=recent&f=1,61817,0,10
Swish_Swish
Clone Trooper
posted 11-08-09 02:46 AM EDT (US)     2171 / 2270       
sorry for duble post but hay, i need help.

can anyone gie me 2-3 links to some good scenareo desine threds and/or scenareo creating tutoreals, i just need this to help on my projects so i can get better and all you dont have to look at my god wafull work at the mome!

i have made 1 thing that i think is brill but it took me over a year so anyway some links would help.

-Thanks in advance Swish

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 11-08-09 02:10 PM EDT (US)     2172 / 2270       
Oooohoo Swish. There is a lot more than just 2-3 Links

• A Designer's Guide to Creating a Quality Scenario by Echuu
  • Scenario Guide - Part I by Leon Kennedy
  • Scenario Guide - Part II by Leon Kennedy
  • Scenario Guide - Part III by Leon Kennedy
  • Scenario Guide - Part IV by Leon Kennedy
  • RPG scn making guide by The Crazy Person
  • Map Design Guide by Sumo

All of those are essential to making a good campaign. And the 'RPG scn making guide' is essential to your campaign, Dead Space. All of those tutorials combine triggerwork, Terrain and How to make an RPG. Which your Dead Space is an RPG, so you'll need to study The Crazy Person's Tutorial, 'RPG scn making guide'.

The Results of using those tutorials... Look at my Campaign
    i just need this to help on my projects so i can get better and all you dont have to look at my god wafull work at the mome!
    At least you've reconized that you don't have any talent at the moment. I didn't reconize it until I got back to SWGB two months ago. And I've been using SWGB for about Three.
    But now that you've reconized it, you now know where to improve on! And we're here to help you along the way!

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
    I play games there, what else did you expect?

[This message has been edited by Orrion Carn (edited 11-08-2009 @ 02:16 PM).]

• Swish_Swish
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-09-09 01:19 AM EDT (US)     2173 / 2270       
    thanks dude! this will help (ps i need spelling help so any "helpers" or something that will auto correct for me would be apresheated but for now im getting priveit spelling lessons.)

Orrion Carn
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-16-10 10:56 PM EDT (US)     2174 / 2270       
    Anyone have any suggestions on an RTS AI that doesn't switch to be neutral or other things that ruin a scenario.

Or could someone share a tip with how to get it to not do that kind of stuff, while it builds units like an RTS AI?

Swish_Swish
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-17-10 02:50 AM EDT (US)     2175 / 2270       
    you can make a trigger to make them your enamy or ally and vice verca and make it loop and then evein if the game changes ther statis the loop kicks in and the are back to ally/enamy again.

Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 02-17-10 08:03 PM EDT (US)     2176 / 2270       
    @Orrion: Can probably be done with an AI, but I know nothing of AI scripting. swish_swish's idea might work for an RPG if one were seeking to avoid Immobile AI, but not in an RTS.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Orrion Carn
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-17-10 11:20 PM EDT (US)     2177 / 2270       
    Thanks guys. Swish's idea seems to have worked. I'll have to keep running tests on it to make sure it continue to works like that.

The one thing that bugs me, is I keep looking into the story missions in the scenario editor to try and find out how it works (Campaign Manager, for swish), but I see nothing that helps me get an idea on how to do that stuff.

Anyways, thanks swish and Zaarin.

Swish_Swish
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-18-10 03:40 AM EDT (US)     2178 / 2270       
    CP maniger? huh i think that gives me a C-T09D error subruted to callabrate with command R-4NBD however this makes some problems..... so best leave it unless your good at scripting or willing to have bug's*.

* only some minor ones E.G. unit disapears for a split second but it would not happed again untill you over-clock the game timer which most likly would not happen.

qwen
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-31-10 09:42 AM EDT (US)     2179 / 2270       
    Qwen,
    I tried to figure out how to do this but I can't. How do you heal a unit instantly like when you stood on the ultimate map reveiler in 'Life in the Big City'. I would like to know, please.

A real quote from an officer during D-Day!
    His men were trapped and getting’ killed. He shouted inspirationally, “boys, were getting’ killed out here. Let’s move inland and get killed.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-31-10 01:02 PM EDT (US)     2180 / 2270       
    You have to cause negative damage to a unit.

Use the 'Damage Object' effect, and make the amount the unit's health (A unit with 400 HP would take 400 damage)

Now add a second Damage Object effect, and enter the '-' symbol, and then the amount of health (-400 in our example)

You won't be able to type '-' directly into the box, you you'll need to copy it from somewhere else and paste it into the box. Once you've pasted the value, don't touch it again, otherwise it will reset to 0.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 03-31-2010 @ 01:03 PM).]

qwen
    Clone Trooper
    posted 04-02-10 09:53 AM EDT (US)     2181 / 2270       
    qwen,

In Sumo's Map Design Guide an {invisible cliff} is mentioned. How do you get it?
    Fedbots
    Clone Trooper
    posted 04-10-10 11:07 AM EDT (US)     2182 / 2270       
    I dont really feel like going through 77 pages, so I was wondering how do you make a trigger were for example there is a large Republic army fighting a large CIS army and I want them both to keep spawning endlessly, I tried doing it but it didnt seem to work, I created a trigger which had a timer condition which had an a effect of spawning battle droids every five seconds but it only spawned one and no more after that, and I did set the trigger to looping. any help guys?
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 04-10-10 12:20 PM EDT (US)     2183 / 2270       
    qwen,

In Sumo's Map Design Guide an {invisible cliff} is mentioned. How do you get it?
    Place a cliff as usual, then go into the units section and rotate it. Move your screen away and when you come back over it it will be invisible.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Fire Mage89
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-27-10 11:08 PM EDT (US)     2184 / 2270       
    Hey guys. I'm farely new to making scenarios but I've played many scenarios so far and I wanted to know if its possible to put a map revealer in a starfield map. I saw it done in SOTE and I wanted to know if it can be done because it would help my new scenario. Thanks all.

-Fire Mage89
    Plastic
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-03-10 08:12 PM EDT (US)     2185 / 2270       
    Hey guys, how do you get your units to self heal and stop at their limit (like some of the heroes and Jedi Masters)?

I know it can be done, because I've seen it in Revan's KOTOR campaign and his KOTOR II Demo. (by the way, is he still working on that? Or has he left.)

I made a trigger something like this:

trigger
    loop on

condition: timer 1

effect: damage unit -1

And the effect was: My unit kept on gaining health! lol but that wouldn't go down well in a scenario.... :-(

-Plastic
    AOEO player (Gamertag: Plasticcaz), and beta tester.
    AOKH blacksmith fan.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-03-10 08:45 PM EDT (US)     2186 / 2270       
    You have to damage the unit to the value of their hitpoints, as well as deal the negative damage.

For a unit with 400 HP, you need 2 effects:

Damage object: 400
    Damage object: -400

That will completely fill their health.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Plastic
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-04-10 00:53 AM EDT (US)     2187 / 2270       
    Thank you, but how do you get it to only do one point at a time up to like 500 hp?

-Plastic
    AOKH blacksmith fan.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-04-10 01:31 AM EDT (US)     2188 / 2270       
    You mean like natural regeneration?

If you want this for the protagonist, just use a hero unit. They regenerate health automatically.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 06-04-2010 @ 01:31 AM).]

Plastic
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-04-10 07:24 AM EDT (US)     2189 / 2270       
    ok thanks.

-Plastic
    AOKH blacksmith fan.
    Plastic
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-07-10 06:20 AM EDT (US)     2190 / 2270       
    ok, I have another question,

--How do I get all enemy units to target one specific building? I tried tasking them to the desired building, and once they go close to it, they stopped and attacked whatever they wanted! lol

Please help me out.

Thanks.

-Plastic
    AOKH blacksmith fan.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 71 72 73 74 75 ··· 76  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames