Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 73 74 75 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 06-27-12 03:14 PM EDT (US)     2221 / 2270       
The Scenario Editor tends to screw up sometimes. Usually things like that can be fixed just by restarting the game. Is 'Change Object Name' the only thing giving you issues like that?

EDIT: Must have missed that.
You click 'Set Object' before you select the unit that you want the trigger to effect.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 06-28-2012 @ 00:34 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 06-28-12 00:06 AM EDT (US)     2222 / 2270       
Usually, I click "set object" then the object. Never gave me a problem... O_o

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Midgard Eagle
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-13 05:50 PM EDT (US)     2223 / 2270       
Heya, don't know if anyone are still alive in here, but I have a question I can't quite wrap my head around.

Is there a way to have a trigger fire when a civ runs out of a specific resource? Ie. when "Player 1 has exactly 0 Nova crystals"?

Thanks in advance!

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 05-21-13 05:52 PM EDT (US)     2224 / 2270       
I wish. Sorry.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Midgard Eagle
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-13 06:01 PM EDT (US)     2225 / 2270       
Pity. I had thought out a scenario where an encircled Imperial division required supplies to keep fighting (represented by nova crystals) that they got from trade vessels. Nova crystals would constantly decrease, and if they reached zero, the Imperial pocket was Out of Supply and either fought more poorly or had to surrender.

Oh well, life goes on. I know there's other ways to accomplish roughly the same thing .

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-13 06:08 PM EDT (US)     2226 / 2270       
There is a "Fewer objects in area" condition; maybe you could represent it with nova stockpiles?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
easymoon
Clone Trooper
posted 05-28-13 03:35 AM EDT (US)     2227 / 2270       
greetings. i'm still new to the scenario making biz. i'm just wondering is there a way to make an uncapturable gaia?. the thing is i want to make a "walled city" and i would like the walls to be the uncapturable. is there anyway i could maybe do this or a workaround maybe?
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-28-13 11:59 AM EDT (US)     2228 / 2270       
Give them to an AI player.

MPK
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-13 09:38 PM EDT (US)     2229 / 2270       
Have a bit of a snag, would be nice if anyone knows of a fix.

I'm making what roughly amounts to a "classical" RPG scenario, meaning you play as one dude, you run around, and you can use taunts to do stuff. At some point during the making of the scenario, one of the AIs, Player 7, seems to have gotten irreversibly constipated.

What I mean by that is, all of his units exhibit extreme reluctance to do anything. He's one of the enemy players, but he only sometimes attacks you (if it's a unit with melee attack I have to force him with a looping Task Object trigger), to the point that he often ignores you even if you're attacking him; he generally hates moving around at all; all of his units tend to stay in place, but they keep flitting back and forth between walking and standing frames, if that makes sense.

The whole thing is quite irritating. I've tried a couple of attempts to fix it, such as changing the AI used by the player, but they seem to have had no effect. If I have to, I suppose I can just substitute one of the other players for him (for some reason 7 is the only one who's constipated), but I figured I'd ask if anyone knows of another way.
John Rambo
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-13 10:58 PM EDT (US)     2230 / 2270       
What sort of change did you do to the AI? I would recommend changing the amount of attack groups/scouts up(or whatever that's called - it's been awhile) in the AI file.

This wont work if you want them to remain immobile when no ones around, they'll be constantly moving. Also try increasing the game difficulty and playing it that way, it can work wonders.

John Rambo
_|_
|

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?”
― T.S. Eliot
MPK
Clone Trooper
posted 07-12-13 08:10 AM EDT (US)     2231 / 2270       
Pardon my vagueness. By "changing the AI" I meant swapping out the particular custom AI that the computer player was using for a different one (i.e, "Immobile Units AI Gold" for "SBI-Defensive"), not editing any AI files themselves (I know nothing about such matters). I thought that perhaps Player 7 was becoming prejudiced against the particular Immobile AI that I had given it, but it seems to not care what it has - even if I set it to "Standard" or "None", it remains constipated.

I'll try tinkering with the difficulty as you suggest, though. Thanks for the idea; if that doesn't work, I'll just repurpose one of the other players to do 7's job.

[This message has been edited by MPK (edited 07-12-2013 @ 08:13 AM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-12-13 12:14 PM EDT (US)     2232 / 2270       
Check over your triggers again. There may be one or more that have been set up incorrectly, and are attempting to affect all of Player 7's units instead of a single or small group.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
DesoPL
Clone Trooper
posted 01-13-14 02:34 PM EDT (US)     2233 / 2270       
Before i will start make maps i have question.

Is there somewhere to find a objects or buildings like snowy or swamp ruins?

I got an idea, to make a map of Rhen Var or my vision of swamps in Naboo, but look for that details.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-13-14 03:25 PM EDT (US)     2234 / 2270       
The closest thing I can think of to swamp ruins would be the Naboo ruins.

DesoPL
Clone Trooper
posted 01-13-14 03:34 PM EDT (US)     2235 / 2270       
Yes i know about Naboo ruins. Also worth to use Yavin 4 ruins?
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-13-14 03:38 PM EDT (US)     2236 / 2270       
Yeah, the Massassi Ruins and Rebel Monument could be useful.

MrMew
Huskarl
posted 04-07-15 02:28 AM EDT (US)     2237 / 2270       
I managed to acquire a copy of SWGB but haven't found the clone campaigns anywhere. Anyway what I actually want to ask is:
Is there any way to place units off-grid, such as the 1.4 patch for Age of Conquerors?

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-07-15 06:07 AM EDT (US)     2238 / 2270       
Nope.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-07-15 04:49 PM EDT (US)     2239 / 2270       
I'm going to take a wild guess that the answer is "no," but could Expanding Fronts manage something like that? It sounds handy.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-07-15 06:31 PM EDT (US)     2240 / 2270       
If we can find somebody that knows how to implement it, sure.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
MrMew
Huskarl
posted 04-15-15 03:10 AM EDT (US)     2241 / 2270       
Ask for info off the creator of 1.4RC for aoe II? The games are very related in modding as we can see with the various versions of AGE.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
Skeleeto
Clone Trooper
posted 07-13-15 01:25 AM EDT (US)     2242 / 2270       
Hello! i created a campaign mission that i wanted to share with the community but i cant seem to figure out how to upload the map.
I also cant seem to find the maps i made in any of the games folders and i am not sure where else they would be located. I do hope someone could help me but i fear this place is to...empty to get a response.

[This message has been edited by Skeleeto (edited 07-16-2015 @ 01:12 AM).]

kiannameiou
Clone Trooper
posted 08-25-15 10:42 PM EDT (US)     2243 / 2270       
game/scenario is where all your custom scenarios are

game/campaign is where the story campaigns and custom campaigns are

and hello everyone

apparently i was signed on here decades ago and never posted a thing

well I've been at swgb on and off and recently got back to it a little wiser now with the scenario editor.

I want to make the story campaigns more fun for myself by upping the pop limit and a few others.

But where can I find the ai scripts for the story scenarios?

The drs only has random map generation script and standard ai

so how does the story scenario run its ai???

like the 2nd confed scenario - the enemy will hit you later if you dawadle

but when extracted and remade in the scenario editor it resigns cause it dont have a worker or command center.

oh and why does the search only search author and subject?

this topic is so long that it should be able to search the posts as well

[This message has been edited by kiannameiou (edited 08-25-2015 @ 11:42 PM).]

John the Late
Jedi Padawan
posted 08-28-15 11:52 AM EDT (US)     2244 / 2270       
But where can I find the ai scripts for the story scenarios?
They are within the campaign files in the respective folder. I don't know if such a utility exists for SWGB, but for AoK you can use campaign manager to extract them. You could try if the tool works, but don't count on it:
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=5613
so how does the story scenario run its ai???
It's set per player, and can only run that AI if it has access to it either via the AI scripts folder or the campaign file.
this topic is so long that it should be able to search the posts as well
Sadly that's a problem plaguing all of Heavengames' sites.
kiannameiou
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-15 06:31 AM EDT (US)     2245 / 2270       
well i have the camp manager but all it extracts is scenarios.

I do have a hex editor so is extracting using hex possible?

just tried using hex editor and no go - too confusing

other than the briefing text everything else is illegible lol

[This message has been edited by kiannameiou (edited 08-29-2015 @ 06:35 AM).]

John the Late
Jedi Padawan
posted 08-29-15 12:37 PM EDT (US)     2246 / 2270       
kiannameiou
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-15 08:03 PM EDT (US)     2247 / 2270       
somehow needed to double install some support vb file - it had the same names then it worked

thanks mate

thx 1138 ready sir

[This message has been edited by kiannameiou (edited 08-30-2015 @ 08:28 PM).]

Hernanpenha1996
Clone Trooper
posted 09-24-15 06:33 PM EDT (US)     2248 / 2270       
I have a serious problem with the editor (Sorry for my badly inglish)

When I make a editor (A campaign) I want the enemy units waiting. For example, like the firts level of the campaign of Darth Vader. The Rebels are waiting for your atack.

I traid with the triggers, with change the IA with None, Standar, etc.

I dont know why is this happening.

Pls, help, I need finish my campaign.

Thkns!!!
jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 09-24-15 08:56 PM EDT (US)     2249 / 2270       
There is an AI file on the site (Immobile Code) that can force the opponent to do nothing with their units.

If you can't download anything, then your best bet is to make some secluded part of the map and put a scout in it. It might get the AI to try and just scout instead of using other units for anything. But that's exceedingly hit and miss.

Currently listening to: Emil Karma
Tann and Reath part two progress
Completely finished: one
Only Narrative needed: five
In progress: two
To be made: six
Mycrofte
Clone Trooper
posted 06-30-16 10:55 PM EDT (US)     2250 / 2270       
Anyone still on here? I need help remembering some of the scenario editor commands.

Main thing is how to export a bmp of an entire map. I have some from a couple of years ago but can't remember how...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 73 74 75 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames