Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 72 73 74 75 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Edi_P
Clone Trooper
posted 06-07-10 09:26 AM EDT (US)     2191 / 2270       
i'm not 100% sure on this one... but did you try a looping trigger?

=)
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 06-11-10 06:36 PM EDT (US)     2192 / 2270       
A looping trigger and invisible targets under the building should do it.

I do think, that you are thinking, that my signature, required little thought.
notnattezeb
Clone Trooper
posted 07-29-10 04:41 AM EDT (US)     2193 / 2270       
Hi
Im making a Scenario and at one point I want to have a mech destroyer that switches to your control when you garrosin it so you can use it, but when you unload, it switches out of your control.(like in falcons first flight with the AT-ST's) I had the triggers, but when you change ownership it automaticly unloads any unit in it, which activates the unload trigger and changes ownership back. I cant seem to find a way around this, any ideas?
thanks
Fire Mage89
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-10 01:37 PM EDT (US)     2194 / 2270       
Hi notnattezeb,

It not as hard as you think.
Only need 3 triggers of code for this.
Lets say Boba Fett wants to go into at-st mech.
you put:

Trigger 1 - Leave this the same
Con: Units Garrisson :1 set object at-st
eff1: Change Ownership: player 2 to player 1
eff2: activate trig 2
eff3: Task Boba Fett to at-st
eff4: deactivate trig 1

Trigger2- Display objective-no, Starting state-on, loop-on
Con: Object Visible: set boba fett
eff1: Change Ownership: player 1 to player 2
eff2: deactivate trig 2
eff3: activate trig 3

Trigger 3 - Leave this the same
Con: Bring object to object: set boba fett and atst
eff1: Change Ownership: player 1 to player 2
eff2: deactivate trig 3
eff3: activate trig 1

This will work for you. Good luck in your scenario.
OOM 12345
Clone Trooper
posted 08-03-10 00:25 AM EDT (US)     2195 / 2270       
In first place, I apologize for my English, I'm Venezuelan and I speak Spanish, so I'm not very good at writing in English. Although I am one of the students with the best grades in my English class, I don`t master the language fully.
The Oxford Paperback Dictionary, an English-Spanish dictionary and the Google translator are my only help in times of doubt about the English language.
You will notice the use I give to the aforementioned resources thorough this post.

Well, here´s the thing: I just read Wok´s AI Scripting Guide, and I copied the first AI example and pasted it in a NotePad file, then I saved it as hola.per in the SWGB AI folder and then I made another NotePad file with nothing written on it, and I saved it as hola.ai in the same folder.
I did everything the guide told me, and the results are:
.When I use the AI in player 1 (Either), and nothing happens.
.When I use the AI in player 2 (Computer), an AI Script Error pops out on the screen. Here´s the AI Script Error Message:
"AI Script Error
Player 2
File hola.per
Line 1: ERR3001: Invalid directive: defrule".

So... what this message tells me is that defrule is an invalid directive. This looks like a little bit of contradiction, don´t you think?

Well, this happened every time I tried to fix the problem.
What´s the problem? How can I fix it?

Again, I apologize for my English.
I hope someone can answer my questions.

P.S: The amount of food was greater than 0, and I need more than 0 food to activate the AI.
Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 08-03-10 07:57 AM EDT (US)     2196 / 2270       
I did everything the guide told me, and the results are:
.When I use the AI in player 1 (Either), and nothing happens.
.When I use the AI in player 2 (Computer), an AI Script Error pops out on the screen. Here´s the AI Script Error Message:
"AI Script Error
Player 2
File hola.per
Line 1: ERR3001: Invalid directive: defrule".
You probably forgot to add the left parenthesis before "defrule".

(defrule
(current-age >= tech-level-1)
=>
(chat-to-all "hello world")
)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[This message has been edited by Moff Seedron (edited 08-03-2010 @ 07:59 AM).]

Deepthroat
Clone Trooper
posted 10-16-10 09:13 AM EDT (US)     2197 / 2270       
hi everyone, i'm new here.

I'm having trouble with some trigger, can anyone help?

1.- In some map I downloaded, I see a trigger "change object name" with many targets. When I tried it, it didn't work

2.- I'm trying to upgrade my units from trooper recruit to a trooper but the research technology didn't work. I've enabled the tech at first, is it because I change it's ownership?

here's the detail of q no 1
"the trigger 'Change object name' that contain change object name effect has many objects selected, and when I try the same thing, the only selected object is only 1 and not both units I placed."

here's the detail of q no 2
"one of my unit is a rebel alliance trooper recruit, and it belong to another player with 'post tech lv 4' so he got a bonus to his range. When the game reach a specific place, say 'armory' he will recieve a blaster rifle [(R) trooper]. when I try it, the trigger runs but no change at all."

That's all for now, thank you for the time.
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 10-16-10 01:02 PM EDT (US)     2198 / 2270       
"the trigger 'Change object name' that contain change object name effect has many objects selected, and when I try the same thing, the only selected object is only 1 and not both units I placed."
The easiest thing to try is to hold down the Shift key as you're selecting units. If not then you need to do it individually to each unit.
"one of my unit is a rebel alliance trooper recruit, and it belong to another player with 'post tech lv 4' so he got a bonus to his range. When the game reach a specific place, say 'armory' he will recieve a blaster rifle [(R) trooper]. when I try it, the trigger runs but no change at all."
I'm not entirely sure on this one, sorry. But I think someone else might know.

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 10-16-10 05:05 PM EDT (US)     2199 / 2270       
Okay, it is likely you did the upgrade for the wrong player, so try the following trigger set up... (This will upgrade all trooper recruits belonging to that player from trooper recruit to troopers)

(Trigger Name)
Condition: Bring object to area or whatever that "certain place" is.

EFFECT: Enable tech - (R) Trooper - Player (whoever he belongs to at the time. IMPORTANT)
EFFECT: Research technology - (R) Trooper - Player (Same player!)
EFFECT: Send Chat - Player 1 source - "<Blaster Upgraded>"
EFFECT: Change ownership to Player one.

That can work, but remember that changes all units of that type for the specified player.

If you want a more specific "blaster upgrade" you can always use the Change Object Attack effect in a trigger like this.

Character Blaster Upgrade I

Condition: Bring object to area or the "certain place".

EFFECT: Change Object Attack - Player (whoever he belongs to) - specify object by selecting it and finding it on the list - the number you put in is the amount of attack points he gains, so put in "1" to equal the upgrade from trooper recruit to trooper.
EFFECT: Send Chat - Player 1 Source - "<Blaster Upgraded>"

Hope this helped!

Tappaz.

Edi_P
Clone Trooper
posted 10-16-10 05:19 PM EDT (US)     2200 / 2270       
Not totally getting the point here, but if you already got post tech 4, all techs already have been researched. So if you ask me, the unit won't upgrade at all. Besides, in case you use a different name for a unit, you also can't upgrade it.
[edit]I'd also go rather for a change object attack trigger, but keep in mind that the recruits speed it VERY low, so rather use a t2 trooper...[/edit]
[edit2]As far as the change name is concerned, you need to use multiple effect things as far as i know. also, the scen editor is bugged, so if you create 5 effects first, then try to switch them all to change name, only the first will work. to avoid this, you need to create 1 effect, then put in the name, create another, and so on...[/edit2]

[This message has been edited by Edi_P (edited 10-16-2010 @ 05:27 PM).]

Deepthroat
Clone Trooper
posted 10-17-10 10:40 AM EDT (US)     2201 / 2270       
@-Orrion Carn: Well the thing is, sometimes I can select multiple units when using change object name. Is it somekind of bug?

@-tappaz: Thanks, but that's the same trigger that I use.

@-Edi_P: Thanks, even it didn't solve my problems.

Well thanks for those who answer my questions, but my problem are still the same. Your answers are the same of my mother's answer. In my map my trooper recruit got a blaster rifle, and I use the Empire's trooper recruit, because of my faction is the galactic republic at tech 3.

To get things straight
1. My trooper recruit was isolated from the others and need to meet with the others, the 1st objective is to reach the armory and get some firepower.
2. At the armory he got the blaster rifle and replace his blaster pistol, so it's not a simple attack upgrade trigger.

Can someone tell me how to quote? I really suck at this kind of stuff

I hope someone can help me with this.
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 10-17-10 02:31 PM EDT (US)     2202 / 2270       
Your answers are the same of my mother's answer.
Ummm... I don't believe that's what you wanna say to people who's helping you...
@-Orrion Carn: Well the thing is, sometimes I can select multiple units when using change object name. Is it somekind of bug?
I believe it is, but unfortunately whenever I try it the unit I select first is the only one that gets the name change. So your best bet is to have a seperate trigger for each name. It's tedious, but sometimes it has to be done.
1. My trooper recruit was isolated from the others and need to meet with the others, the 1st objective is to reach the armory and get some firepower.
2. At the armory he got the blaster rifle and replace his blaster pistol, so it's not a simple attack upgrade trigger.
So I believe the best 'work-around' for this situation would be to do as I call it a little Fog Magic. Make it where when the player gets the trooper recruit to the armory, deactivate any death triggers you might have, and change ownership of a full trooper with the name changes and everything already changed.

1. As soon as recruit enters the armory, deactivate any death triggers and remove the recruit.
2. Add text or something of the likes if you want to show that the player is getting a new weapon. Maybe the recruit going like, "Yes, some real firepower."
3. There is already a trooper inside the armory, with all the name changes and HP changes as the recruit and all you need to do is change ownership on the trooper and you should have the fix you're looking for.

Sure, it's not going to be onscreen, but it'll give players the illusion of the recruit upgrading.

Though,
In my map my trooper recruit got a blaster rifle, and I use the Empire's trooper recruit, because of my faction is the galactic republic at tech 3.
This may likely be your problem, I'm not sure what the others will say, but try switching factions. Though if it's already built heavily into your map then my work around will be best.
Can someone tell me how to quote? I really suck at this kind of stuff
To quote, put > [pw]At the beginning of text, and this at the end >[/pw]

And with the quotes, just replace the 'pw' with 'q' and you're golden.

Have fun! Hope everything works out for you

Deepthroat
Clone Trooper
posted 10-18-10 07:40 AM EDT (US)     2203 / 2270       
Sorry about the reply before, I'm a very easy going person.

My mother is an old member of this site, by the ID of Tsukai.

Thanks for the help, though the way you gave me is my current back up plan just in case there is no other way.

I appreciate what you do for me, thank you Orrion Carn.

By the way is there any how to make cannons attack any enemy in it's sight? I tried patrol but it no use...

Another thing, is there a way to open and edit a campaign map?
My mother's 'Silencer Demo' maps gone when she format the data disk. I want to continue what she left, but I don't even have any data about the campaign she was making. I saw 'Silencer Demo' in the download section and download it, so far I have only recreated 15% of the campaign map.

[This message has been edited by Deepthroat (edited 10-18-2010 @ 07:50 AM).]

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 10-18-10 02:30 PM EDT (US)     2204 / 2270       
No problem, though I don't think I was around when Tsukai was here.

For the extracting a campaign, what you need to do is download the Scenario Design Kit, which should have the Campaign Manager in it. http://swgb.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2785

Once you have it, load up the Campaign Manager. If you're on Vista I would recommend reading my guide on getting mod programs (or in this case the Campaign Manager) to work properly in Vista: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=10,9919,,all

Now that you've done that, you can open up the Campaign Manager (Right Click and Run as Administrator if you're on Vista), and the first thing you need to do is find you're mom's campaign file in SWGB's campaign folder.

Select 'File', 'Open' and find SWGB's Campaign folder, if you find the folder but it's not in there, try selecting 'Expansion Campaigns' in the File Types.

Hope that helps, I barely understand the CM so that might not work, but what I told you is what works for me.
Sorry about the reply before, I'm a very easy going person.

My mother is an old member of this site, by the ID of Tsukai.
Don't worry about it. It's just hard to get facial expressions through the internet, sincerity in a voice or any other emotion. So some people could mistake that as an insult if they were in a certain mood, I was just clearing it up.

It's cool that your mom is a SWGB user, or at least used to be. You can get help when she's there

Deepthroat
Clone Trooper
posted 10-20-10 09:14 AM EDT (US)     2205 / 2270       
Thanks for the help.
I'll upload the campaign when it's done.
elfwithsword
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-10 06:16 PM EDT (US)     2206 / 2270       
Hi! I am trying to make a map where the enemy player stays in a Trench, meaning none of them move, they only fire from their staring position. I thought maybe this can be done with AI files, like editing Immobile, but that doesn't work. Any ideas on to how I could do this without triggers? Thanks!
Deepthroat
Clone Trooper
posted 10-25-10 00:52 AM EDT (US)     2207 / 2270       
I don't know if you have this as a backup plan, but here goes.

1. You could trap them inside the trench with asteroid canal or something like that, didn't know the name pretty well. I just played this game 1 week a few days ago.

2. You could also trap them with naboo canal.

3. You could also use light walls to trap them in the trench so they don't go anywhere.

4. Haven't tried it yet, but I guess it could work. You could place a wall on the unit. I've done it many times with other buildings such as the Decimator Laboratory, but never a wall. So if the wall trick didn't work I'm sorry.

About AIs... I can't help you with that, sorry.

Hope those 3 can help you in your map making.
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 10-30-10 00:33 AM EDT (US)     2208 / 2270       
Hi! I am trying to make a map where the enemy player stays in a Trench, meaning none of them move, they only fire from their staring position. I thought maybe this can be done with AI files, like editing Immobile, but that doesn't work. Any ideas on to how I could do this without triggers? Thanks!
You could also try a looping trigger where you task the objects to the same spot, that way, (unlike freeze object) they can still fire their weapons.

elfwithsword
Clone Trooper
posted 11-07-10 05:47 PM EDT (US)     2209 / 2270       
Thanks!
Deepthroat
Clone Trooper
posted 11-15-10 11:08 AM EDT (US)     2210 / 2270       
Hello everybody, got another question for my campaign project.

1. Is there anyhow to set a patrol trigger for a unit that created by another trigger, or the same trigger? (Currently I'm using the attack.AI from the Battlefront map. They attack the base, but in a small groups. Sometimes they came in as a very large group and decimate the base easily.)

2. Is there anyhow to place a map revealer in space or clouds?

About the "Change Object Name" trigger, I found out some bug. When you place another unit from other civilization and delete it, when you "Select Object" and select multiple units using the drag select (Hold the left click and drag it around the units making a square selection, or whatever it called.) you selected the whole units and it was renamed with one trigger. Haven't tried it to much, but it's always works for me.

About my Silencer Campaign, it will take some more time for me to complete it, I decide to remade the whole campaign. Since I'm still a student and re-balance the map is harder than I think, it won't done in a week or two. Aside those two, it always crashed in some point and I need to remake the whole trigger or edit the trigger.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm a japanese like both of my parents.
KageKoton
Clone Trooper
posted 01-29-11 10:48 AM EDT (US)     2211 / 2270       
Hi, I'm a total noob to creating scenarios XD but I'm wondering if there is a relatively easy way (preferrably mod free) to send a player a tribute everytime they kill/destroy en enemy unit.. I was attempting to use

Condition: Accquire Attribute: Kill: 1
But then I don't see any way to either get rid of that count or perhaps increment the initial condition

Thanks
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 01-29-11 04:06 PM EDT (US)     2212 / 2270       
I believe you make the trigger loop. I'll be sure to try and give it a shot later today, if not Zaarin should be on to answer it.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 01-29-11 05:48 PM EDT (US)     2213 / 2270       
if not Zaarin should be on to answer it.
Funny, too, 'cause I rarely check this thread.

Anyway, Orrion is correct; set the trigger to looping, I think. If that doesn't work right (I don't remember exactly if it does or not), then the more tedious and less pleasant object is to have a separate trigger with Acquire Attribute Kills 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc. Not desirable, but it may be necessary if the looping trigger doesn't work.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Edi_P
Clone Trooper
posted 01-30-11 02:39 PM EDT (US)     2214 / 2270       
As far as I know, the accumulate attribute / kills loop works for AoE2 only, but not for SWGB. Maybe I made an error back then, but I don't think so.
KageKoton
Clone Trooper
posted 01-30-11 07:24 PM EDT (US)     2215 / 2270       
Yeah, sadly if the trigger is looped it simply activates the effects continuously as the condition always evaluates to true after a single kill.

I don't really know about any of this but I wonder if perhaps the kill counter used in the accumulate attribute is the same counter as what's used inside a normal game... where as maybe in AoE2 it actually creates a new counter when you activate a condition involving counters lol

Thanks for the help though
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 01-30-11 09:42 PM EDT (US)     2216 / 2270       
Hmm... I think I might have a solution. Try this, if not, you might have to do the tedious route Zaarin mentioned :/

|Trigger 1| {Loop}
|Condition: Accumulate Kill: 1|
|Tribute Resources to Player 1|
|Activate Trigger: Trigger 2|
|Deactivate Trigger: Trigger 3|

|Trigger 2| {Loop}
|Deactivate Trigger 1|
|Activate Trigger 3|

|Trigger 3| {Loop}
|Deactivate Trigger 2|
|Activate Trigger 1|

I'm about to try that myself, one sec.

EDIT: Nevermind... Didn't work. Sorry man. :/

[This message has been edited by Orrion Carn (edited 01-30-2011 @ 09:49 PM).]

KageKoton
Clone Trooper
posted 01-31-11 07:56 AM EDT (US)     2217 / 2270       
No worries, thanks for trying.
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 05-08-11 06:34 PM EDT (US)     2218 / 2270       
Use the condition. "Own fewer objects."

Specify unit type and player, and then respawn the type of object in an unused part of the map. This works without fail for me for kill recognition.

However if they are constantly spawning that complicates matters and I don't think that trigger setup would work.

Tauntaun
Clone Trooper
posted 06-17-11 02:14 PM EDT (US)     2219 / 2270       
One question:how do I do a ''power pack'' thing, where I do some taunt (and I already know how to do that) and my unit gets a temporary (let's say, 30 seconds) boost to HP or attack, and then it ends?
GreenXemas
Clone Trooper
posted 06-27-12 07:37 AM EDT (US)     2220 / 2270       
I guess I am a total noob at scenario editing, but I don't understand how to use the "Change Unit Name" trigger, everything I have tried doesn't seem to work. I'm getting kinda ticked at it, but I feel like i'm not doing it right. I create the unit, then create a trigger, then add the effect, click the unit, set object, then when I click go to object, it doesn't immediately go to that object, I have to click the object again to select it and then click the set object once more and then it sets the object then I type in the name I want for it, but when I click elsewhere the trigger and effect stay red which I guess means it doesn't work, umm, so i'd really appreciate it if someone would help me and tell me what I did wrong/am doing wrong or where I need to look for some help with this problem. Thanks guys.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 72 73 74 75 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames