Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68 69 70 71 72 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
DevissPL
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-08 05:40 PM EDT (US)     2071 / 2270       
Hi guys. Got one question. How can i change name of more then one object? I know its a bit nooby question , but dont laugh at me. xD I just started scenario design with SWGB.

EDIT: And one more question. Is there any tigger that allow units to move from one area to another? So for example when my tropper comes to bunker he moves to other bunker on the other part of the map.

"The Space Marines of the Adeptus Astartes are Humanity's ultimate warriors, dedicated to the defence of the Emperor and the Imperium of Man. They are barely human at all, but superhuman, having been made superior, in all respects, to a normal man by a harsh regime of genetic modification, psycho-conditioning and rigorous training."

[This message has been edited by DevissPL (edited 09-06-2008 @ 08:59 AM).]

JCdemonshuriken
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-08 10:10 AM EDT (US)     2072 / 2270       
can you ask any questions like triggers here?

and how can i get campaigns and scenarios to work in my SWGB folders it says access denied (i think)
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-08 10:14 AM EDT (US)     2073 / 2270       
And one more question. Is there any tigger that allow units to move from one area to another? So for example when my tropper comes to bunker he moves to other bunker on the other part of the map.
Using the task object effect you can move unit(s) from one area to another.
How can i name multiple units?
Make a new change object name effect. Select "select object" button. Now hold ctrl and drag a box around the units you want to name the same name (up to 40 max, if correct) then type the name. Click Goto objects button to confirm the objects. The change object name effect should now turn green if you select the effect or trigger name.

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
DevissPL
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-08 10:16 AM EDT (US)     2074 / 2270       
Thanks mate.

"The Space Marines of the Adeptus Astartes are Humanity's ultimate warriors, dedicated to the defence of the Emperor and the Imperium of Man. They are barely human at all, but superhuman, having been made superior, in all respects, to a normal man by a harsh regime of genetic modification, psycho-conditioning and rigorous training."
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-08 09:41 PM EDT (US)     2075 / 2270       
WizarDBoy have you discovered what laser types suit which units yet?
If so, please post some or the method you found them out with.
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-07-08 01:40 PM EDT (US)     2076 / 2270       
WizarDBoy have you discovered what laser types suit which units yet?
If so, please post some or the method you found them out with
To know which laser type suit which unit, you need to test the unit in question shooting (attacking) another unit. Then take a good look at the shape of the beam that the unit shoots. If you then look up that same beam in the editor you will find a match.

I can help you more easily if you can tell which unit you want a projectile detection for. Meaning if it shoots, then his beam is removed in an area. So for which unit you need to know its laser type?

I hope to hear from you. I really need that info because it is specific for the triggers to work.

tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-08 07:18 PM EDT (US)     2077 / 2270       
i really want it for all units but bounty hunter units is the most necessary. I don't want snipers to be able to shoot through walls!
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-08 05:34 AM EDT (US)     2078 / 2270       
i really want it for all units but bounty hunter units is the most necessary. I don't want snipers to be able to shoot through walls!
Alright, I will look in the editor and tell you about what projectile the Bounty Hunter uses.

Now that i think about it. That so-called RPG AI which also detect projectiles, might become of use. I think the method i got in mind will have a little more success.

So Tappaz, have a little patience, and I get you a sample

tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-08 04:53 PM EDT (US)     2079 / 2270       
kk thanks man
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-11-08 08:27 AM EDT (US)     2080 / 2270       
@ Tappaz

Im sorry, I forgot. I'll try to remember it for today.
Then i'll be testing the right projectiles.
Bah, much delay now. I also wished i could remember it.
Right, i'll try my best to not forget it.

DevissPL
Clone Trooper
posted 09-11-08 10:40 AM EDT (US)     2081 / 2270       
WizarDBoy , u didnt unrestod me with my question about tigger. "Task object" tiger makes unit to move from one area to another. I want unit to directly teleport to another area without moving. ;p I can use remove/create unit tiggers but i cant change the name and attack/hp of unit created can't I?

WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-11-08 02:31 PM EDT (US)     2082 / 2270       
WizarDBoy , u didnt unrestod me with my question about tigger. "Task object" tiger makes unit to move from one area to another. I want unit to directly teleport to another area without moving. ;p I can use remove/create unit tiggers but i cant change the name and attack/hp of unit created can't I?
That is right. It has always been an issue for a long time.
Well, i suppose the reason for me not explaining it the right way, might be because you never mentioned teleport.
It is sad, but there is no way to change name and attack/hp after unit creation. However, you can change the attack/hp of the unit, as long as you know where it will be created. But you really can't change the name of a created unit with trigger. You got to deal with it. And it is not that easy.

@ Tappaz

Man, if you read this reply the first time. I was under the impression that it wasnt possible.
BUT, I got it to work

I finally found out which projectile the bounty hunter uses.
So, test this out. You must have the modpack to have access to all the units.

Trigger needed:

trigger:
start: yes Loop: yes
condition: object in area !MISSILE-ARROW3 (in the area near the wall, remember you needed this to avoid damage to the wall)
remove object: !MISSILE-ARROW3 (same area as object in area)
NOTE: Be careful to not use a too small area as it may fail.

Also keep in mind that it takes around 1 min: 2x sec before it takes effect. Just test it, you will see it works for the bounty hunter. Also keep in mind I was using a (E) Bounty Hunter

I tested it some more, but now it happens on rare ocassions. This means it is half decently working.
I dont know how to detect shots by AI and then remove the projectile with triggers, because I rather dont like to use AI signal. Hm, I will try to use the add resource command in the AI, and see if it works that way

[This message has been edited by WizarDBoy (edited 09-11-2008 @ 03:32 PM).]

tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-08 03:48 AM EDT (US)     2083 / 2270       
WizarDBoy you know you're a legend right? Thanks man...now that I know it will work i will try to find out lasers for other units. I was just hesitant because i was unsure it would work. Cheers again, you need any help just ask!
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-08 12:04 PM EDT (US)     2084 / 2270       
WizarDBoy you know you're a legend right? Thanks man...now that I know it will work i will try to find out lasers for other units. I was just hesitant because i was unsure it would work. Cheers again, you need any help just ask!
Like i told you it doesnt work that effective.
Reason is because the unit Bounty Hunter has a rate of about 1.70 this means that it takes some time before it hits in seconds. Like: 1 sec or 2 sec or 3 sec or 4 sec or 5 sec.
To give you a better idea:
After ten shots of 1.70 delay it finally works.
Because 1.70X10 = 17 seconds
But i think the reason why it sometimes not work is because the triggers are parsed in 1 second.
So sometimes it cant grab the detection of the projectile as the trigger cant detect stuff appearing or moving faster then a second, that is the only reason why it might fail.

So a solution is to use Genied and give the units a fire rate that doesnt have a decimal number, but rather integer.
Im more then sure that the whole projectile detection will work as it should.

But, have you tried the projectile detection i explain to you at all? If you did, then you probably also saw where it flawed. Yeah im also curious if you can manage to find the other projectiles for the other units. I think it should not be a problem though.

Good luck

TJGuy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-08 02:34 PM EDT (US)     2085 / 2270       
How can I make it so that every time something dies a player recieves x ammount of resources?

Thanks for any help.

(Edit: before you say anything I know how to do it the long way, I was just wondering if there was a short cut or quick way to do it without doing it individually)

[This message has been edited by TJGuy (edited 09-12-2008 @ 02:42 PM).]

tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-08 04:38 PM EDT (US)     2086 / 2270       
Trigger on loop/off
Condition: Own fewer objects (x)
Effect: Tribute (a) amount of (b) resource to player

That's the quickest type but will only work if you know how many of that unit there will be for that player.

WizarDBoy i have an idea. Why not remove the condition of object in area...and leave the trigger to loop, cos i know that the condition slows down the triggers replay time.

[This message has been edited by tappaz (edited 09-12-2008 @ 04:41 PM).]

WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-08 09:20 AM EDT (US)     2087 / 2270       
WizarDBoy i have an idea. Why not remove the condition of object in area...and leave the trigger to loop, cos i know that the condition slows down the triggers replay time.
@ Tappaz

That is indeed a good idea. And i also tested it right after the trick worked with the object in area.
But it still doesnt trigger right. Like i said the trigger cant remove it because the unit shoots faster then a trigger can be executed. So to solve this, you need to modify the rate of fire of the unit, so that it will shoot in seconds and not with seconds having decimals, like 1.70
That should solve the problem.

tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-08 06:14 PM EDT (US)     2088 / 2270       
hmmm...rather than doing that i have the projectile detection ai...i'll have a muck around with that before i muck around with genied....

I've seen scenarios where they can get cover...i just wish they would tell us the secret!!!

WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-08 01:09 PM EDT (US)     2089 / 2270       
I've seen scenarios where they can get cover...i just wish they would tell us the secret!!!
So there are scenario's in which it works?
Well, that must be because they took units that dont have a fire rate of faster then a second, like 1.70 or 1.65.
As long as the unit shoots per 2 sec or 1 sec the detection with the triggers i told you would work, okay.

Im not sure how projectile detection would work for you.
But it is okay to do it. It is just that it will be a different experience for you, as it doesnt work flawlessly, imo

DevissPL
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-08 01:37 PM EDT (US)     2090 / 2270       
Hey , its me again. I need help. ;p How do i move unit to area like bridge or clouds?

WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-08 01:47 PM EDT (US)     2091 / 2270       
Hey , its me again. I need help. ;p How do i move unit to area like bridge or clouds?
To move to a bridge by moving, that means no teleport, you can use the effect task object.

To move to a bridge by moving, that means no teleport, you can use the effect task object. Also keep in mind that only flying units can fly over clouds!

If you need more help, please tell how I can improve in answering your question. Seeing it is about moving a unit the simplest way is by using the task object effect.

DevissPL
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-08 02:26 PM EDT (US)     2092 / 2270       
You didnt understood me again xD I want to place unit in scenario editor.

WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-15-08 04:34 AM EDT (US)     2093 / 2270       
You didnt understood me again xD I want to place unit in scenario editor
No. You wrongly typed the question. If you want to move a unit to a bridge then you arent placing it in the editor on the bridge. And if you tried to put a unit on the bridge in the editor and it didnt worked. Then you simply know it isnt possible.

Like previous time, you need to watch on how you ask questions, because if you ask how to move a unit, we simply refer to it by triggers or when ingame by moving the unit around by mouse. This is the main reason why i tell you to be more specific as else these misunderstanding happens.

Ninjasintheskies
Clone Trooper
posted 09-27-08 04:05 PM EDT (US)     2094 / 2270       
Yo, maybe you should try and make it retract. So you hit a switch and every 2-3 seconds the start/end of the bridge moves back a section and once it reaches the final section, you can make it extend. Is that what you want it to do?

((((((((((((((____Station THX311____))))))))))
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 09-30-08 00:33 AM EDT (US)     2095 / 2270       
Guys, a quick question.. how do you put your own music into a campaign? Like long sound files playing without the normal Battlegrounds music turned on...
Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
(id: master silver)
posted 09-30-08 03:18 PM EDT (US)     2096 / 2270       
Its been a while since I have done something like that but you have to have the music you want in an mp3 file. Then you need to copy the mp3 file into the Swgb folder under game/music/ and then I think it is the scenario music folder. Then you have to have a trigger that says play sound and select the file from the drop down list on the effect.

Amity/Enmity
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 09-30-08 05:32 PM EDT (US)     2097 / 2270       
is there a size limit cos anything over 1 minute seems to crash swgb...
Tsukai
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-08 10:06 AM EDT (US)     2098 / 2270       
I don't think so.
I have a 3 minutes mp3 on one of my map, and it doesn't crash the swgb
Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
(id: master silver)
posted 10-04-08 04:25 PM EDT (US)     2099 / 2270       
No, no limit. Maybe something with the sound file is wrong?

Amity/Enmity
wellst
Clone Trooper
posted 10-11-08 05:41 AM EDT (US)     2100 / 2270       
Perhaps its your trigger-work rather than the mp3. You've probably looped the play sound trigger without a timer condition, And therefore it keeps playing the sound over and over again and eventually has an overload.

.\\\') ,``,(`\\\'.
.\\\'),``,And as the darkness consumes me, I am nothing.,`,(`\\\'.
,``,,``,,``,
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68 69 70 71 72 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames