Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 08-15-06 01:37 PM EDT (US)     1771 / 2270       
Yes, and for the record, you could have just checked it yourself.

Trials of a Jedi - Coming Never.
n3crosis
Clone Trooper
posted 08-16-06 04:14 PM EDT (US)     1772 / 2270       
Ok this may be very easy but i am a nooby with the triggers

I am trying to find the easiest way that whenever a charactor gets 5 kills they get 1 more attack or whatever.
my problem is that if i loop the triger that allows you to get 5 kills and gain 1 attack then it constantly gains 1 more attack and i cant stop it

JackXbox
Clone Trooper
posted 08-16-06 04:33 PM EDT (US)     1773 / 2270       
Have a trigger (trigger 1) that has the condition acumulate attribute 5 kill. Then have an effect that increases your attack by +1. Have another effect that activates a second trigger and a third which deactivates trigger 3. In this second trigger have starting state off, with two effects in - deactivate trigger 1 and activate trigger 3. In your third trigger have it deactivate trigger 2 and activate trigger 1.

Have none of these triggers looping and have trigger 2 and 3 with a starting state off.
Hope I helped!

JackXbox
Admiral Fowler
Clone Trooper
posted 08-16-06 04:39 PM EDT (US)     1774 / 2270       
JackXbox means to repeat the first trigger contstantly whilst activating the trigger ahead and deactivating the one behind.

It's simple after a while .

Admiral Fowler

Fav. Things #8: Canada, 1867 - Present
Were you expecting a funny quote? Too bad. WALUIGI TIME.
n3crosis
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-06 00:12 AM EDT (US)     1775 / 2270       
i dont know if you undestand me right i only am trying to make it so every 5 kills my guy gets stronger and gets more health
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-06 05:42 AM EDT (US)     1776 / 2270       
That's difficult. None of the explanations above work (sorry) because kills cannot be altered, deactivated or activated. It just adds up with every kill you make, regardless of the triggers involved. You CAN try to do it with the Kill Ratio condition but you'd have to create and destroy units in order to keep it working, and that is tedious (I know it, I did it in HL and took me a full day to figure).

The easiest option would be to create a bunch of triggers, with condition 5 kills, next one condition 10 kills, next one 15... etc. That's pretty fast to do and everyone can do it.

So..

Trigger - 5 kills
Condition:: Accumulate Attribute 5 kills
Effect: Change object attack +1
Effect: Change object HP +50
Effect: Whatever you want more

Then repeat this trigger and change 5 kills to 10 kills etc.

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Admiral Fowler
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-06 10:07 AM EDT (US)     1777 / 2270       
This is what happens when I'm tired and post .

Thanks for correcting, Bendak.

Admiral Fowler

Fav. Things #8: Canada, 1867 - Present
Were you expecting a funny quote? Too bad. WALUIGI TIME.
n3crosis
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-06 03:00 PM EDT (US)     1778 / 2270       
Thanks a lot i was afraid u would say that... I dont know if u play age of empires, but there is a scenario somebody made that is exactly like mine is
going to be
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 08-18-06 04:43 PM EDT (US)     1779 / 2270       
I'm working on a campaign and I'm thinking about including my own music. Can anyone tell me how this is done? I've seen other designers do this in their campaigns but I've never tried it myself... any help would be appreciated.
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 08-21-06 03:11 AM EDT (US)     1780 / 2270       
Put music into your Sound/Scenario folder . Make sure its mp3 or wave. Then use the 'Play Sound' or 'Display Intructions' effect.

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 08-21-06 10:15 AM EDT (US)     1781 / 2270       
Thanks Bendak!
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 08-24-06 07:01 PM EDT (US)     1782 / 2270       
Sorry for double posting. I did this by mistake.

[This message has been edited by Soyo_Dragon89 (edited 09-01-2006 @ 12:30 PM).]

toa nuva
Clone Trooper
posted 08-28-06 02:13 PM EDT (US)     1783 / 2270       
I am making a senario and I have a small problem. I need a trigger that makes it so that when I destroy a certain building an enamy unit is created, and when that unit is destroyed I win. Can sombody help me please!

"Once more the sith shall rule the galaxy."-Darth Sidious
Sumo
Clone Trooper
posted 08-28-06 02:45 PM EDT (US)     1784 / 2270       
Is it the only unit of its type?
If so, do the following:

Trigger 1: Starting State On | Looping: No
Condition: Kill Object
Effect: Create Unit
Effect: Activate Trigger 2

Trigger 2: Starting State Off | Looping: No
Condition: Objects In Area - Set the area for the whole map and set it to the object you created then put the value to '0'.
Effect: Declare Victory: P1

I think theres some way of doing it with the 'Own Fewer Objects' condition too, but for some reason I can never get that one to work.

SUMO
All the bills go by and, initiatives are taken up
By the middle, there ain't gonna be any middle any more
And the cross I'm bearing home, ain't indicative of my place
Left the porch
Left the porch
Magna Guard
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-06 09:15 PM EDT (US)     1785 / 2270       
How do you make it so you can see the landscape without having any units there? I know it involves triggers, but I'm not sure which ones to use
APPO117
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-06 10:22 PM EDT (US)     1786 / 2270       
No triggers. You have to put an undefeatable object down. One for each player.

<<< A p p o 1 1 7 >>>

"Were it so easy...
Magna Guard
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-06 07:20 PM EDT (US)     1787 / 2270       
You Sure?
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-02-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     1788 / 2270       
Magna Guard, use "map revealers." They're listed under Units->Other in the scenario editor. There's three of them: map revealer 2, 4, and 8. The bigger the number, the more of the map it uncovers. Don't use "ultimate map revealer." That one doesn't work...

Hope this helps.

APPO117
Clone Trooper
posted 09-02-06 05:50 PM EDT (US)     1789 / 2270       
Yeah, I don't don't even know why they're even classified as map revealers. But, they do work very well in RPG Scenarios.

<<< A p p o 1 1 7 >>>

"Were it so easy...
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     1790 / 2270       
I'm just about finished with an Episode III campaign I've been working on and am preparing to submit it. I used some music files in a couple of the scenarios. What I want to know is, am I allowed to submit the music files for download along with the campaign file? Or is that illegal since I don't own the music? Thanks to anyone who can help!
Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 06:24 AM EDT (US)     1791 / 2270       
If you use a copyrighted music file, you must have an authorization of its autor to release it to the public.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 10:04 AM EDT (US)     1792 / 2270       
Honestly, I'm not sure if it's copyrighted. The sound's I'm using are from The Vampire Slayer's Episode I campaign, which is already posted in the downloads section. I noticed that some of sounds he used in his campaign were the same ones I needed. I'm using 4 sounds from that campaign that are clips of songs by John Williams, but not the songs in their entirety. Since these are only clips of the songs, is posting it still illegal?

[This message has been edited by Soyo_Dragon89 (edited 09-05-2006 @ 10:05 AM).]

Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 11:32 AM EDT (US)     1793 / 2270       
First, I'm sure you have not visited this thread about the use of such music :
Scenario Music
Everyone can download short clips of the Star Wars' songs on Internet. Indeed, some Web sites allow you to download and listen freely these clips so as to make you buy their songs.
Generally, 20 or 30 seconds is the length of these clips, but you have noticed that in the The Vampire Slayer's Episode I campaign, it is not the case. So, TVS (The Vampire Slayer) USED copyrighted musics. There is a good chance that he has picked up some songs in CDs, video games or on Internet thanks to illegal means. As a matter of fact, I'm sure he has used the songs of the game "STAR WARS EPISODE I RACER".
Why is it illegal ? To use a CD or a video game, you must accept a contract. It is said : ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,PRIVATE USE ONLY or UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, PUBLIC PERFORMANCE, BROADCASTING, HIRING OR RENTAL OF THIS RECORDING PROHIBITED. Moreover, you know that record music from movies is prohibited. So, even if you post short parts of songs, it is illegal.

Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 12:45 PM EDT (US)     1794 / 2270       
Thank you so much, Moff Seedron! What I think I'll do is not include the music files in the file I post, but mention in the campaign description that the music/sound files from TVS's Episode I campaign also work with my campaign. This way I don't post any illegal music myself but the music will still be available to those who want it. Thanks again.
Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)     1795 / 2270       
You're welcome.
mmm... As TVS has got no authorization to post and use his copyrighted clips, that is him who will have problems. I don't know if what you plan to do is legal, but it is a clever idea.
Probably I will review your campaign.

Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 02:00 PM EDT (US)     1796 / 2270       
Thanks in advance, Seedron. I plan on posting it by Saturday at the lastest. I want to check the dialog for spelling errors and have a friend of mine playtest first...

Arg! Just when I thought I had fixed all my problems, I've run into yet another! I've used the campaign editor to put all of my scenarios into one campaign. I decided to play it myself to make sure everything worked. The problem is, when I finish the first scenario, the next one is not unlocked! What gives?!

[This message has been edited by Soyo_Dragon89 (edited 09-06-2006 @ 06:12 PM).]

Magna Guard
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-06 07:09 PM EDT (US)     1797 / 2270       
But how do you put it in space? (starfield)
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-06 07:22 PM EDT (US)     1798 / 2270       
Magna, unfortunately you cannot put map revealers on starfield terrain. However, I believe there is a mod in the downloads section that lets you do it. I have not needed it myself, so I am not sure. BTW, can anyone answer my question from my previous post?
Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 09-08-06 05:27 AM EDT (US)     1799 / 2270       

Quote:

The problem is, when I finish the first scenario, the next one is not unlocked!

When you played campaigns made by other users, I'm sure you noticed that issue in their campaigns : you finish the first scenario, but the second is always locked... I will do my best to help you but it is possible that your issue remains... Step by step, we will try to remove that issue.
First of all, how many scenarios are included in your campaign ?

Darth Bandon
Clone Trooper
posted 09-08-06 09:08 AM EDT (US)     1800 / 2270       

Quote:

The problem is, when I finish the first scenario, the next one is not unlocked!

If you have many campaigns or scenarios in the game try to delete some of them. If not try playing the first scenario again by typing "skywalker" so you can win the scenario and procced to the next one.

(steals 1800th post )

:| Darth Bandon |:
:| Free Lance |:
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames