Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Shadow999
Clone Trooper
posted 08-28-04 10:51 PM EDT (US)     901 / 2270       
Is anybody able to answer my querries?
Alcoholic_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-04 04:27 AM EDT (US)     902 / 2270       
yes. Download the Air Cruiser v2. You get the death star, tantive iv and a star destoryer. But if you search around enough, you should be able to find one just for a star destoryer

Alcoholic Yoda
Scenario Designer||HC Designs||Drunk On Beer
"Lets Play Ass!"-Mace
Whitefox:is "another system wipe" Dallows speak for "I relise this is going to be shit and im going to start again"?
Life, Gods little way of punishing us....
lthils
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-04 07:23 PM EDT (US)     903 / 2270       
hey I've got a quick question. For my LotR campaign I want Gandalf to walk down a road to where Frodo is, but I dont know what trigger does it. Can anyone help me out?
Pink Panther
Banned
posted 08-29-04 07:24 PM EDT (US)     904 / 2270       
Use Task Object.

Select Gandalf as the object, and then click on a square adjacent to Frodo as the location.

lthils
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-04 07:35 PM EDT (US)     905 / 2270       
thanks alot. I sent so much time tryin to figure that out.
Alcoholic_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-04 04:45 AM EDT (US)     906 / 2270       
how do you capture an object? i've been trying to work it out for ages, but i can't manage it. any help?

Alcoholic Yoda
"Lets Play Ass!"-Mace
Whitefox:is "another system wipe" Dallows speak for "I relise this is going to be shit and im going to start again"?
jmac1492
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-04 02:24 PM EDT (US)     907 / 2270       
I've heard it is possible to change the name of an object, such as a hero unit or one of the special buildings that don't really do anything. How would I go about doing this?
Devious
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-04 02:26 PM EDT (US)     908 / 2270       
You use the "Change object name" trigger. Create a new trigger, then create a new effect, then find the effect "change object name"

Hope I helped
-Devious.

Btw. Welcome to SWGBH

[sub]Yoda:
how do you capture an object? i've been trying to work it out for ages, but i can't manage it. any help?

Capturing is usually done by converting an object with jedi or changing the ownership of a unit with the "Change ownership trigger" or capturing can be done with holocrons too.. I think, I never really use it, but..

-----------:::(=Devious=):::-----------

[This message has been edited by Devious (edited 08-30-2004 @ 02:55 PM).]

lthils
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-04 06:07 PM EDT (US)     909 / 2270       
ok I have another quetion. I'm making a prolouge level for my LotR campaignbut I'm running into a few problems. First the player will not be doing anything in this part. it's a short thing like the opening part to FotR. Anyway I can't stop a samll base for player 1 from spawning. I guess I could work around it but if I could stop all player 1 buildings from spawning that'd be goo. Second, I want the other AI to stop randomly moving around untill I need them to. Anyway to stop the AI from moving. I don't mean like 1 guy, more like 20-50. Any help?
Cradossk
Banned
posted 08-30-04 07:11 PM EDT (US)     910 / 2270       
1. Create a Undefeatable Object as Player 1 (I suggest all players aswell).

2. Use Immobile Units AI Gold to freeze thoughs units.

lthils
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-04 10:57 AM EDT (US)     911 / 2270       
One more question. Is it possible to create a spawn point for one type of enemy to keep making them untill I need it to stop. I want a countinuous stream of or cs to keep forming for like maybe 3-4 minutes.
Danny Himself
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-04 12:34 PM EDT (US)     912 / 2270       
Trigger Looping? I didn't really understand your question.

Who The Hell Is Danny?
Keeping my Comission to Faith's Transmission...
Alcoholic_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-04 12:55 PM EDT (US)     913 / 2270       
How do you use the explosion trigger? I've been to make it look like a volcano erupting, but i don't understand how to use it.

Alcoholic Yoda
"Lets Play Ass!"-Mace
lthils
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-04 01:11 PM EDT (US)     914 / 2270       
ya I didn't think I explained it very well. See I'm making a level where it starts out with X number of enemies. Now as the player is fighting I want more of the enemies to keep spawning out for awhile untill a trigger tells it to stop spawning the units and the player can advance to the next part of the level. Is that any better? I'll try what you said first.
Sidious
Clone Trooper
(id: Darth Sidious)
posted 08-31-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     915 / 2270       
Yeah, you have to loop the trigger and then make another trigger that deactivates the first one after a few minutes.
jmac1492
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-04 03:01 PM EDT (US)     916 / 2270       
Is there a way to target multiple objects with the same trigger? I want to have 2 buildings that are right next to each other have the same name. Do I have to make a seperate trigger for each one?
Devious
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-04 03:04 PM EDT (US)     917 / 2270       

Quote:

Is there a way to target multiple objects with the same trigger? I want to have 2 buildings that are right next to each other have the same name. Do I have to make a seperate trigger for each one?

Yes, you can, you have to select the same team as the turrets on the table where you place units down and double click on them when you rename it, other than that, I dont know any other way

Yoda:
Use the create object trigger to create a gaia explosion trigger, then use the "kill object" trigger to kill the explosion. You need a seperate "damage" trigger to damage the objects in the area.

-----------:::(=Devious=):::-----------
Kronang_Dunn
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-04 06:03 AM EDT (US)     918 / 2270       
Hello everybody. I'm new to SW:GB CC Editing, but I've done some Starcraft maps in the past. I'm learning the Editor basics fast, but right now I'm stuck with some issues. I was wondering if there's a map AI setting that works best for RPG games. Also.... I read the Immobile AI Gold can be used in cutscenes (Where can I download it? I didn't find it in the AI download section...).

I tried using GAIA units instead. At first works fine (they don't move or get attacked at all), but when I try to assign a player to the units, if I give them to a Computer Player and later on it sends those units near a Human Player's Units, If I try to assign only a subgroup of them to Human Control, they all suddenly switch to the Human Player (I guess it has to do with alliances, but hell If I know). Does anybody know a way other than Immobile AI for cutscenes?

I just found out that u need an undefeatable object for the Human Player when doing a cutscene.... Can somebody explain me how does it work (or why it has to be used at all)???

I also discovered a bug. If u try to use a trigger that affects GAIA buildings in a map with many GAIA scenery elements (which are used for eye candy), it crashes at start up. (Don't ask me why...). It happened to me when I did a small map with lots of GAIA debris and tried to damage all GAIA builings in the map (without setting an especific effect area).

Finally, I'd like to know if there's a correlation between Map size, the amount of GAIA scenery elements, the ammount of Players, the amount of units for each Player & the AI that can be used in a Map...

Thanks in advance guys!!!

"Nemo me impune lacessit!!!!"

[This message has been edited by Kronang_Dunn (edited 09-01-2004 @ 06:16 AM).]

Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-04 07:11 AM EDT (US)     919 / 2270       
Welcome to the realm of SWGBH .

The immobile AI GOLD can be found in the SWGB design kit by obi wan (Admiral Ra) in the utility's section . It also contains all modding programs etc.

Undefeateble objects just make you undefeateble, if you have one. Give it to all players. Then, to win the scenario use the Declare Victory effect when the player accomplished the scenario.

Hope I helped .

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
General_Grievous
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-04 01:52 PM EDT (US)     920 / 2270       
Kronang_Dunn: Welcome to SWGBH!!

Quote:

I tried using GAIA units instead

You should only use GAIA units for plants and rocks and such, not for units. The reason for this is when Player 1 (human player) units go near GAIA units the GAIA units convert to player 1.

If you want Imobile AI you can find it here.

PS. Click the link in my sig, and reply!

|||||||||||||Current Projects:
|||||\|/|||||
Um...None...
||||\|||/||||
|||||||||||||Get a Cameo!
lthils
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-04 05:46 PM EDT (US)     921 / 2270       
Does anyone know how many units are made per minute if I made a tigger to create objects and set it to loop? I just need to know because if it makes alot of units there'd be way to many onscreen and I don't want alot of slowdown.

On a different note, anyone know any units that would make good ghost warriors like in Return of the King and what is the best unit for an orc?I was thinking maybe Gammorian Guards(spelling?).

Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 09-01-04 08:50 PM EDT (US)     922 / 2270       

Quote:

Does anyone know how many units are made per minute if I made a tigger to create objects and set it to loop? I just need to know because if it makes alot of units there'd be way to many onscreen and I don't want alot of slowdown.

You'll need a timer.

Whoa.
lthils
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-04 10:36 PM EDT (US)     923 / 2270       
ya but for how long? It depends on if it makes one unit per second for 10 every minute. Anyone know?
Shadow999
Clone Trooper
posted 09-02-04 06:50 AM EDT (US)     924 / 2270       
Hello again. I've never used mods in BG before, and I've recently decided to. Anyway, everytime I try to install an .mpi file I get a 'path/file' error. I'm guessing my .mpi files are in the wrong place. Where are they meant to be placed?
jmac1492
Clone Trooper
posted 09-02-04 11:02 AM EDT (US)     925 / 2270       

Quote:

Yes, you can, you have to select the same team as the turrets on the table where you place units down and double click on them when you rename it, other than that, I dont know any other way

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Where do I select the team in a trigger? Can you (or someone else) try explaining again?

Darth_Smeagol
Clone Trooper
posted 09-03-04 04:43 AM EDT (US)     926 / 2270       
How do you make Turn Based Battles? I've used TVS Turn Based RPG Template, but i dont understand.

Myyyyyyy Prreccccioussssss
The one and only Darth Smeagol
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 09-04-04 11:41 AM EDT (US)     927 / 2270       
It is very difficult, especially when you try to make it random. But i've found a way to make it work in few triggers as possible. But, mine's a secret until I release my campaign.

It is too hard to describe over a post, but if some one made a manual on how ot do it, it would be great for new forumers.

Whoa.
Alcoholic_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-04 02:26 PM EDT (US)     928 / 2270       
How do u make objects heal invincible i've seen a jedi academy campaign where padawans fight each other, but they don't get hurt. how do u do this?

Alcoholic Yoda
"Lets Play Ass!"-Mace
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-04 03:04 PM EDT (US)     929 / 2270       
its not a healing trigger they simpley attacking an invisible object which you can find under units i believe.
just put the invisible object were you want it and task the jedi to it. make sure you're putting the invisible object in the jedis enemy player.

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 1,2 Remaking
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 3
My Site
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS ROCKS!!!

Alcoholic_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-04 03:34 PM EDT (US)     930 / 2270       
i can't seem to get that to work. it just makes them walk over to it, not attack it.

Alcoholic Yoda
"Lets Play Ass!"-Mace
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames