Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 22 23 24 25 26 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
junot
Clone Trooper
posted 04-18-04 08:47 PM EDT (US)     691 / 2270       
hey how do i turn my scenario file into what is required to post it? i am brand new and i have made Waterloo and Trafaglar scenarios and i wanna submit em.
Kyed
Clone Trooper
posted 04-18-04 09:26 PM EDT (US)     692 / 2270       
Miles: Create a trigger first. Click on it in the Trigger list and several options will appear on the bottom. Type what you want the objective to be in the box and click YES under "Display as Objective" As soon as you have met the conditions, it will cross out.

Arnie: No idea. Try playing around with the Create Object Trigger. And as for the explosions, try the create foundation instead of create object

Junot: Open up your SWGB game folder on your hard drive and look in the folder labled scenerio. Drag the scenerio and all AIs and mods into a zipped folder and send the folder to the site

Kyed: A man among men.

Current Projects:
The Ewok Civil War (40%)
Secret Project (5%)

[This message has been edited by Kyed (edited 04-18-2004 @ 09:28 PM).]

junot
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-04 06:49 PM EDT (US)     693 / 2270       
does that work on a macintosh? i dont know what u mean by put it into a zip file.... i have stuffit expander not winzip so maybe i cant submit? i dunno
Jango Fett 18
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-04 08:44 PM EDT (US)     694 / 2270       
Well, you can get winzip at http://winzip.com.1. I think there is a version for Macs. 2. You can then compress the files into a .zip file using one of winzip's tools.

I hope I helped.

// \\
//Havoc\\
//Leader of XGI\\
//XGI Main Site | XGI Forums\\
Wtf is up with Hillary Clinton and her dead turtle?!
ArnieFett
Banned
posted 04-20-04 01:48 PM EDT (US)     695 / 2270       
Jango thanks for the response but that doesn't work, the buildings just disappear (I think buildings that are 0% completed just disappear) What else can I try? I'm gonna download it again and decompile it and see.
Mateus_Skywalker
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-04 11:30 AM EDT (US)     696 / 2270       
See this example:

Master Skywalker's attack is 15. I wish to become it 12. What I have to do? When I use the trigger Change Object Attack, there ara are just how increases the attack, there aren't how decreases the attack. So explain me please, what I have to do in cases like that?

Sidious
Clone Trooper
(id: Darth Sidious)
posted 04-21-04 11:49 AM EDT (US)     697 / 2270       
You can do that by placing a minus sign in front of the number (in your case 3). You can't type in a minus sign there though, so you have to copy and paste it from somewhere else. Don't touch the effect again, or it will be reset.
Mateus_Skywalker
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-04 11:53 AM EDT (US)     698 / 2270       
THANK YOU!
Mateus_Skywalker
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-04 12:11 PM EDT (US)     699 / 2270       
I'm sorry Sidious, but I don't got it. I opened programs like notepad, wordpad, etc... I type - and then copy. When I went to the effect, i tried do paste, but nothing apeared.

What I have to do?

Sidious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-04 12:21 PM EDT (US)     700 / 2270       
You can just do it in-game, at the trigger description. Also, you have to use right-mouse button and cut and paste instead of Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

I hope that helps.

Mateus_Skywalker
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-04 12:56 PM EDT (US)     701 / 2270       
Thanks for the help Sidious. I only decreases the HP, but I didn't decreases the attack because I don't got it.

But, my true problem is:

I am doing a single player scenario, and in this scenraio you can increases the attack of your Fighters and Bombers. I can increases the attack of the Fighters and Bombers that I have in the moment, but when I created more fighters, they still with the basic attack. I asked you to know how decreases the attack because I was doing this: Put triggers "Activate Triggers" so the attack won't stop of grow. But, the attacks became more than 15999 and so I had to decreases the attack at the same time. But I don't got it.

All right, do you know how to change the attack of an object when you create it?

dark miles
Clone Trooper
posted 04-24-04 10:21 PM EDT (US)     702 / 2270       
How do you make moving walls like in falcon first flight?
or death star ecsape????
dark miles
Clone Trooper
posted 04-24-04 10:25 PM EDT (US)     703 / 2270       
Keyd but i did that and as soon as misson start it says objective is complete like this must survive and it says complete.
Wok
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-04 05:39 AM EDT (US)     704 / 2270       
You need to have a condition for the trigger. The objective will be crossed off when the conditions are met, so with no conditions, the objective is crossed off straight away.

Wok?
dark miles
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-04 09:24 AM EDT (US)     705 / 2270       
ok but how do you make moving walls?

You said we where going to Taco bell not
bespin gas platform-Han
Wok
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-04 09:31 AM EDT (US)     706 / 2270       
Well, the trick is that they don't actually move. It's just a series of remove object/create object effects happening one after another, to give the effect of animation.

Wok?
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-04 11:25 AM EDT (US)     707 / 2270       
Ok, i'm back designing I guess. I have this weird bug(again Echuu lol):

Well, I have these artileries shot a guy, and next to the guy there are some mechs that are allies to the artilleries and to the guy. I want those mechs not to move after the artilleries shot the guy, but they move to the place where the guy was killed.

I have the right AI, and I didn't tell them to move with triggers.

Thanks in advance

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 1,2 Remaking
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 3
My Site
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS ROCKS!!!

dark miles
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-04 12:56 PM EDT (US)     708 / 2270       
ok but how then can i make them be abel to kill?

You said we where going to Taco bell not
bespin gas platform-Han
Clone Trooper 16
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-04 06:53 PM EDT (US)     709 / 2270       
Ok. I think I understand some of this AI stuff, and I've read the AI Scripting resource guide by AoErat, but I still cannot get this to work in my scenario. Can anyone help me make a gate-opening, taunt 56 based AI or trigger group like in the Phantom Menace?

-Clone Trooper 16

[This message has been edited by Clone Trooper 16 (edited 04-26-2004 @ 07:04 PM).]

IA Gold Leader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-04 08:42 PM EDT (US)     710 / 2270       
I have a question. It's a little technical but here it goes. Triggers do crash the game if there are too many acting at one time right? But does this include total number of triggers? I've had 1 condition, 1 effect with one trigger at one time and it crashes. It even happens in game of the built in scenarios with the game. Is it my programming? Or is it something wrong with the game?

"They're the workhorses of this outfit, I can tell you that."
- Rebel Y-Wing Pilot Tiree
Current Projects: Planned Releases..
Currently part of the Imperial Academy Clan (IA)
Darth Monty
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-04 11:20 PM EDT (US)     711 / 2270       

I figured out a few things that will cause SWGB to crash to desktop:
  • If you have miss-selected an object or area in the following effects, remove object, change object HP, task object and a few others. The best way to fix this would be to select the object or area again and make sure you've selected them correctly by pressing the View Object button, which is under the Set Object button.
  • If you delete a unit which has numerous triggers attached to it.
  • Random crashing, this happens in the editor. If you've been in the trigger section of the editor and then move into the terrain section or any other, it's known to happen.

EDIT: Wtf...?

MONTE
MEC - SD - JA - HoA

[This message has been edited by Darth Monty (edited 04-29-2004 @ 03:36 AM).]

mAStER_PLO_KOON1
Clone Trooper
posted 04-28-04 09:36 PM EDT (US)     712 / 2270       
Is It possible to change the Name of a unit after It's been created with triggers?

Unproud Creator of Campaign which got lost when I wiped my computer, Return of Dash Rendar!
Looks like I pwned myself...
"Plo, I am awed by your 1337 paint skills. Funny s*** too."-KevintheKing
SWGBH - The Comic: Episode II: Sorry Mace, we're a little short...
Darth Monty
Clone Trooper
posted 04-29-04 03:35 AM EDT (US)     713 / 2270       
Unfortunatly, no.

MONTE
MEC - SD - JA - HoA
BloodyBronko
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-04 06:07 AM EDT (US)     714 / 2270       
Hey, I got a question, when making cut-scenes how do u make it so ur civ does not die when u have no characters on the screen, while watching the other comp civs doing the scenes
if you understand what i mean?
Sidious
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-04 06:22 AM EDT (US)     715 / 2270       
Place an Undefeatable object (it's in the units section) for every player in a corner of the map.
BloodyBronko
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-04 07:10 AM EDT (US)     716 / 2270       
thank you sidious, have a good one!
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-04 01:01 PM EDT (US)     717 / 2270       
Hey I've got a problem an unit (Mace Windu) doens't respond to Task Object, but normally he did. I checked everything, setting area's or details. I even removed him and placed a new one.

Please help.

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
mAStER_PLO_KOON1
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-04 04:43 PM EDT (US)     718 / 2270       
How do you make buildings look like they are one? Like how do you mash them together like in Coruscant Life?

Please tell me because It drives me NUTS!

Unproud Creator of Campaign which got lost when I wiped my computer, Return of Dash Rendar!
Sidious
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-04 05:06 PM EDT (US)     719 / 2270       
mAStER_PLO_KOON1
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-04 07:36 PM EDT (US)     720 / 2270       
I can't map copy because It's in a campaign and i might need some of the buildings that aren't available for map copy. Thus i must know how to do It myself.

[This message has been edited by mAStER_PLO_KOON1 (edited 05-01-2004 @ 07:36 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 22 23 24 25 26 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames