Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-29-04 04:56 PM EDT (US)     451 / 2270       
yeah, i always make a decativtaion trigger and deactive all the triggers in the beginning, it helps to decrease bugs, such as you have

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 1,2 Remaking
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 3
My Site
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS ROCKS!!!

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 01-29-04 04:59 PM EDT (US)     452 / 2270       
Okay, thanks!

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
ArnieFett
Banned
posted 01-30-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     453 / 2270       
OK, hi, I'm new here. Sorry if this sounds a really newbish post, but here goes: I'm making a scenario where you don't have any units, and it's all a cinematic. But when I start, it automatically gives me a command centre and 3 workers. I know it does this because I don't have any units, but I don't want to have any. I've seen this done before, but I don't know how. I guess I could make a looping "snap view" trigger, but that would require alot more trigger work (all this activating and deactivating) and where I've seen it done, I could scroll about freely. Sorry if this is dumb, but I'm a newb! :P Thanks! :-)
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-30-04 02:11 PM EDT (US)     454 / 2270       
Hello and welcome to the fourms

all you need is an "Undefeatable object" found in the units section in the editor.

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

ArnieFett
Banned
posted 01-30-04 02:47 PM EDT (US)     455 / 2270       
Thank you very much for the quick response. Man, these forums are cool... anyway, I better go and do that. I have some good ideas... involving explosion triggers ;-)
Ketro Fett
Clone Trooper
(id: Ketro_Fett)
posted 01-30-04 03:23 PM EDT (US)     456 / 2270       
Welcome. Finally, a newbie with good grammar, spelling, and manners! Be sure to read the newbie guide in Mos Eisley Cantina by The Crazed Ewok. Enjoy your stay here!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

2004 by Ketro Fett. Winner of two Most Extensive Star Wars Knowledge and Best Sig awards, and the Best Strategist and Being Nice to a Racoon awards. Runner up for Most Underrated Forumer ('02). SWGBH Ladder.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-30-04 04:07 PM EDT (US)     457 / 2270       
Roee_co, I tried what you suggested, double checked the triggers, and it still happens! Now what?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-30-04 06:05 PM EDT (US)     458 / 2270       
are you sure you didn't activate it someplace else??

i can't really know, i need to see the set of the triggers in my eyes

sorry

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-30-04 09:07 PM EDT (US)     459 / 2270       
I set a trigger to activate these triggers 30 seconds after the game begins, and as soon as they activate, it tributes me! I'm quite certain you don't start the game with 19 complementary kills.

Vile
Clone Trooper
posted 01-30-04 11:10 PM EDT (US)     460 / 2270       
The best way to tackle a problem you cant solve is to calm down, wait a day and recheck absolutely everything.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-31-04 00:31 AM EDT (US)     461 / 2270       
Zaarin, i'm really sorry, I just don't know it by explanations, i'm sorry, but the problem could be the way each trigger is set up, look at the conditions and find out. maybe deactivate each trigger and active it in a special trigger. if you stuck, send it to me. Since I believe its your Corucant campaign it will ruin the suprise for me, but I rather help you finish it faster than not finish it at all

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

mAStER_PLO_KOON1
Clone Trooper
posted 01-31-04 10:01 AM EDT (US)     462 / 2270       
Hi, I just wanna thank Master Echuu on caring so much about us n00bies. Thanks!

Unproud Creator of Campaign which got lost when I wiped my computer, Return of Dash Rendar!
Looks like I pwned myself...
"Plo, I am awed by your 1337 paint skills. Funny s*** too."-KevintheKing
SWGBH - The Comic: Episode II: Sorry Mace, we're a little short...
Night Conqueror
Clone Trooper
posted 01-31-04 11:25 PM EDT (US)     463 / 2270       
To Admiral Zaarin:

Chances are, you're just overcomplicating the triggers. Go back and look at them, and try to simply them. Try not to have lots of triggers activating different things. It tends to become confusing, and then can lead to serious bugs if one Active Trigger effect is activating the wrong thing.

Night Conqueror
ArnieFett
Banned
posted 02-01-04 11:46 AM EDT (US)     464 / 2270       
Hi again, I need some more help I guess most of you have played that Battle of Hoth scenario, the one that won the Lucas Arts contest (at least I think it did) and how did they C-3PO follow Chewie? I hope it was not hundreds of triggers, with the condition "objects in area" and "task object" :P. Thanks!

P.S. The undefeatable object thing worked well, I have a cool cutscene done.

roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 02-01-04 11:56 AM EDT (US)     465 / 2270       
Not hard, all you need is to set a loop trigger with somekind of a condition and effect that tasks C-3PO to Chewie.

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

ArnieFett
Banned
posted 02-01-04 01:48 PM EDT (US)     466 / 2270       
Thanks! I thought it was something like that, but then I thought that would only work with some sort of melee fighter or something that was an enemy... lol, what a moron I am :P
Vile
Clone Trooper
posted 02-01-04 01:54 PM EDT (US)     467 / 2270       
Arnie your campaign your making sounds really cool, can I playtest?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
ArnieFett
Banned
posted 02-01-04 02:03 PM EDT (US)     468 / 2270       
Em, well, not really, because just now I'm only messing around with ideas and triggers. But thanks for the interest anyway And BTW, I was jsut using 3PO following Chewie as an example, that's not mine incase that's what you think.

EDIT: OK, sorry to ask another question, but here goes: I've started making a proper scenario now, and at the start, you're in Tech Level 3. But, I don't want to share my allies' LOS. So, duh, disable Holonet Tranceiver. But, disabling it doesn't really help, because it's already been researched. The reason I don't want it is that I've walled in some scouts for the computer players with cloud tops, so that they think they can explore, but can't, so my formations won't run away or anything. But I don't want them to see that. It is kinda vital to start in Tech level 3, so can anybody help? Thanks

EDIT AGAIN: Oh no, not another question! Anyway, I tried using that"hikack mech" trick mentioned earlier in the thread, but as soon as I garrison inside, I automatically ungarrision (is that a word?) I tried using the immobile taunt AI, but it still ungarrisons me when I go in

[This message has been edited by ArnieFett (edited 02-01-2004 @ 03:39 PM).]

Darth Monty
Clone Trooper
posted 02-02-04 00:53 AM EDT (US)     469 / 2270       
First Question - Go to Options in the editor, now to the tab "Techs," then select which tech/s you don't want to upgrade. To get rid of your ally's line of sight, disable the Holonet Tranceiver.

Second Question - Make sure the mech is allied to you and you to it.

MONTE
MEC - SD - JA - HoA

[This message has been edited by Darth Monty (edited 02-02-2004 @ 00:55 AM).]

ArnieFett
Banned
posted 02-03-04 01:51 PM EDT (US)     470 / 2270       
Thanks! Also, about the mech... it was allied to me, but after a second, I was ungarrisoned, then a second later it changed back to player 2. In that second I could move it, and also, if I garrisoned my unit in it, the trigger worked, but only if it was still under my control. When I got out, it went to player 2. Again, thanks!
Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 02-03-04 06:19 PM EDT (US)     471 / 2270       
I wanna give thanks to everybody, who helped me and answered to my questions. I've started creating my first campaign. Now I'm working on demo of it. Anyway, you have to wait some time for announcement, but be patience. Soon you will be able to download demo and see announcement. Greetings

Beginner scenario designer from Europe (Poland)
Current Project : Dark Forces II : Jedi Knight
Get it today : Dark Forces II : Jedi Knight Demo
Proud member of Pariah Designs
Scenario designer from Rogue Creations
Member of Grey Raid Production
Robock
Clone Trooper
posted 02-03-04 06:44 PM EDT (US)     472 / 2270       
When I played the imperial endor bonus mission I had already played it and I study trigger's by watching. But when there were several ewok's around the area of wicket I saw several more apear and fly toward's me when he already had other's! The only thing I know of how to do this is task object without selecting any specific unit. But that make's them all do it. Please explain?
Vile
Clone Trooper
posted 02-03-04 09:12 PM EDT (US)     473 / 2270       
1.) Create each unit (by trigger) individually in a preset spot.
2.) Create multiple task object effects each using the in area option.
3.) Make sure that each create object trigger location matches exactly with each task object area.
4.) Enjoy.

Hman
Clone Trooper
posted 02-04-04 08:53 PM EDT (US)     474 / 2270       
All right, I'm working on my senate and there's a trigger that activates itself.

The starting state is off, and nothing activates it at the point where it does activate. I've checked and rechecked, I've even deleted that trigger to see the triggers connected to it turn red. Only the correct one turned red.

There's a seperate trigger exactlly like this one for every player. And it works for all of them except player 2. And I've compared player 2's trigger to the other players triggers too. They're exactully the same.

Hman |Member Since: 09-06-2002| SWGBH | EaWH
Winner of the 'Funniest', 'Weirdest', and 'Most Likely To Be Molested By Boris' SWGBH Forum Awards '04.
Jedi Guardian
Clone Trooper
posted 02-05-04 01:35 PM EDT (US)     475 / 2270       
Check and check again!

~~~~~Jedi~~~~~
~~~Guardian~~~
Respect Awards:
Bronze-Ethoian
Silver-
Gold-
mAStER_PLO_KOON1
Clone Trooper
posted 02-07-04 06:00 PM EDT (US)     476 / 2270       
Hey Echuu, I have a bitmap for a campaign i'm making, and It won't show. I know that I have to change how It looks and like that, but I have no access to such programs to do that. But i don't know how to display It in a post. Could you tell me how, then I'll show It.

Unproud Creator of Campaign which got lost when I wiped my computer, Return of Dash Rendar!
Looks like I pwned myself...
"Plo, I am awed by your 1337 paint skills. Funny s*** too."-KevintheKing
SWGBH - The Comic: Episode II: Sorry Mace, we're a little short...
JediKatara
Clone Trooper
posted 02-09-04 04:23 PM EDT (US)     477 / 2270       
Hey, I've started a custom campaign, and this looks like just the place to go for my probably multitudinous questions.

Sorry guys, another newb to bug ya.

Anyway, my first question- I'm in the process of creating the map right now. I don't want a random map, I don't want a seed map, I want to create my very own map. However, I can't find any way to add Nova and Ore, as well as fish (which I want on the map). I know there must be a way to do this...right?

KNown as Connemara to many...but unfortunately I just happened to register here during a brief period where I decided to be "different" and this is what I got. So just consider me General Connemara, even though the screen name says JediKatara. Ah hell, not like I really care.

Live journal of teh General Connemara : http://www.livejournal.com/users/caitlan/

Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 02-09-04 06:10 PM EDT (US)     478 / 2270       
yeah, you are right. It's simple. In Player menu choose Gaia. The objects you are looking for are probably in Others section. Good Lock. Sorry for my Engilsh.

JediKatara
Clone Trooper
posted 02-10-04 04:44 PM EDT (US)     479 / 2270       
Thanks man, that was exactly what I was looking for.

As for my next question, this is probably covered in a tutorial somewhere, and if so, I woudl appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Anyway: how do you change the hit points of a unit? I know it can be done, but I am not sure how. Thanks.

KNown as Connemara to many...but unfortunately I just happened to register here during a brief period where I decided to be "different" and this is what I got. So just consider me General Connemara, even though the screen name says JediKatara. Ah hell, not like I really care.

Live journal of teh General Connemara : http://www.livejournal.com/users/caitlan/

Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 02-10-04 06:28 PM EDT (US)     480 / 2270       
No problem. I'm beginner too, so I understand your pain . Back to you question. Use effect called Change Object HP. In this small box write HP, set object etc. Good Lock.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames