Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Darkarrival
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 01:56 PM EDT (US)     331 / 2270       
For the first question you need to do this, if it is an intro you don't have to deactivate anything or you can but here is how it works:
Trigger 1
Condition: timer:1
effect: deactivate talk 2
Talk 1
Condition: Bring object to Area(for an example)
Effect: Display Instructions: "Hey What's up?"
Effect2:Activate Talk 2
Talk 2
Condition: timer 8 seconds
Effect: Display Instructions: "O nothing much."

That's the first question now on to the second.

Task Object is this effect to make them go some place, Task object can also make it where a NPC follows your unit.

The third question is, that you could make a seperate player and have it have an AI, but that's the only way I can think of.

Already answered the last one.

Darkarrival

Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 02:07 PM EDT (US)     332 / 2270       
Thanks Dark

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 02:11 PM EDT (US)     333 / 2270       
Hey..What unit will the Exur Kun MOD replace? and will i need a MOD installer? (should be asking this in MOD thread...)

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
DK_Viper5
Banned
posted 12-23-03 03:18 PM EDT (US)     334 / 2270       
....Yes you should have asked it in the Mod thread. Exar Kun= PLo Koon. And when you have MODS you allways need a MOD INSTALLER.

How do you make Transports patrol?

Darkarrival
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 03:44 PM EDT (US)     335 / 2270       
A patrol trigger....

Darkarrival

Dr_Froid
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 03:47 PM EDT (US)     336 / 2270       
I dont think you can patrol transports.

Dr Froid
DK_Viper5
Banned
posted 12-23-03 03:55 PM EDT (US)     337 / 2270       
Sote..
woofter the jedi
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 04:20 PM EDT (US)     338 / 2270       
You certainly can patrol transports!!!

________
0/
/|
Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 06:16 PM EDT (US)     339 / 2270       
Yeah thats what i did in mine. Then i just removed it when it was out of sight. OK heres another question, how do i make explosions? i tried creating explosion triggers for gaia, p1, and p2, but i still dont see anything.

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 12-23-03 06:24 PM EDT (US)     340 / 2270       
You then need to use the effect 'kill object' for them to explode.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 06:33 PM EDT (US)     341 / 2270       
ok so

Condition: timer: 0
Effect: Kill object: Objects in area: explode

right?

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 06:36 PM EDT (US)     342 / 2270       
ok that worked. Now..umm

after that it fires a blank trigger with the objective "Get to town" Then i try deactivating it so that it doesnt cross itself out, but it complety removes the objective from the list. Solution?

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 12-23-03 06:37 PM EDT (US)     343 / 2270       
Yeah, bear in mind that the condition dictates when the effect fires. So in that case the explosions would go off straight away.

A f t y

A A R S

Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 06:38 PM EDT (US)     344 / 2270       
Ok but what about the objective?

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 12-23-03 06:39 PM EDT (US)     345 / 2270       
Ok then, if you want the objective to not be crossed out, you set the condition for when you want it to be crossed out (In this case the condition might be bring object to area, i.e. the town, then when the unit goes in that area, the objective will be complete and will cross out, or if you don't want it to ever cross out, make an impossible condition, like player 1 accumilating a rediculous amount of carbon for example.

A f t y

A A R S

Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 06:41 PM EDT (US)     346 / 2270       
Well i want it to appear after the explosion, but not cross out.

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 06:42 PM EDT (US)     347 / 2270       
I cant figure out how to make it appear after, but without copleting itself.

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
woofter the jedi
Clone Trooper
posted 12-26-03 02:21 PM EDT (US)     348 / 2270       
While editing the scenario;go to messages and in objectives
write whatever you want or do the false objective whith somthing impposible to do (eg.Carbon stock pile =999999).

________
0/
/|

[This message has been edited by woofter the jedi (edited 12-26-2003 @ 02:22 PM).]

Robock
Clone Trooper
posted 12-27-03 08:37 PM EDT (US)     349 / 2270       
So there's no way I can put in my bitmap?
Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 12-29-03 02:00 PM EDT (US)     350 / 2270       
Ok, another question. So :

1. How can I regain life of my hero, using trigger ? Something like in SOTE campaign. There we collect Health Containers and after that we use Taunt (example Taunt 1) to regain our life. How can I do this ?

2. I want to insert in my scenario a bitmap (logo which appears on the Scenario Instruction Map). I downloaded one logo from Internet and I used it. When my scenario begins, the logo looks badly - colors dissapear etc. Maybe resolution of this jpg creates that problem. Please for help.

Ok, that'all. If I have more problems, I will write here.

PS. Sorry for my English. I am learning it.

Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-29-03 02:31 PM EDT (US)     351 / 2270       
Your english is fine. =). To your first question, You have to download a special AI script. As to your second, I'm here to ask about the same thing =) only i dont know how to insert it...

Ok i got a couple of questions myself.

1. I'm having trouble doing < CYAN > Text, i put that in and it doesn't come out as cyan color.

2. How do i get a specific ranged unit to attack another specific unit? I imagine it has SOMTHING to dowith task object.

3. How do i put the big ships like imperial star destoryers and correlian corvetes in?

4. How do i inssert picutres ^ ^

5. I'm havin trouble getting it to send white text (chat, not display instructions,) Which would be suseful for save points. I tried sending it from Gaia put that didn't work well =)

ok well anyway i hope i can get some answers

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 12-29-03 04:17 PM EDT (US)     352 / 2270       
What is this AI script name ? Do you know ?

I will try to answer to your questions.
1.It seems that's impossible to do this. Have you seen in any scenario or campaign cyan text ? If yes, ask the author.

2.It is very difficult to do that. Well, maybe not difficult but you have to listen me carefully. You have to use effect called Change Alliance. For example - On the map, you have three units (Unit 1 called - Rahn, Unit 2 - Jerec, Unit 3 - Kyle.). You want to attack Kyle (Unit 3) using Jerec (Unit 2). All units belong to another player. Everybody are ally. So you use trigger, where you put effect called Change Alliance. Player 3 (who has Kyle on the map) must to be you enemy. So your trigger with Effect Change Alliance looks someting like that :

Example
Trigger 1
Condition - Timer 10
Effect - Change Alliance : Source Player - Player 2; Target Player - Player 3; Alliance - Enemy. When you do everything alright, Player 3 will be you enemy, so Unit 2 (Jerec) attack Unit 3 (Kyle). You don't have to use Task Object, because when Player 3 is you enemy, Player 2 Units automatically attack opponent units. Good luck !

3.You need to install mod. You find them on SWGGB Heaven Game (Section Download - Mods).

4. When you are creating scenario, on the top there is button called Cinematics. There is option, probably called Scenario Instruction Map. You must have one file (put it in your Star Wars Galactic Battlegrouns/Game Folder). Acha, files has to have format bmp (bitmap).

5.Really good question. I want to also ask about it. Hmm, maube AI script.

Ok, I hope that I helped you.

Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-29-03 11:28 PM EDT (US)     353 / 2270       
Yes you did. =) One thing though is that with the ranged attack is in the Shadows of the Empire capmaign he used several times a specefic unit attacking another,a SPECIFIC unit, although he might have done it how you suggested. And actually....yeah i think The Shadows of the empire had Cyan text. Same with Dark Rising II. Ok so if i get a MOD i can add ships? Know the name of it? well ok that helped some. oh yeah..i just forgot the other question i was going to ask again. =\ well ok thanks for the info..

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-30-03 02:15 AM EDT (US)     354 / 2270       
ok um...in addition to my previous predicament. (spelling) I am having some SERIOUS trouble with these two things..

1. I'm trying to make Map Revealer's out in space at Timer: 0 But nothing happens. Frustrating to say the least.

2. How can i make it so that if player 1 has no buildings or units it doesn't just tell you you lost? its really iritating in trying to make a intro.

3. I remembered a thrid question, How do i make it so that you can be tech level 4 and at times (maybe not tech level four) but at times you are allowed to use the LOS of your allied units (Holonet Transiver) Or maybe just a secific unit? Well anyway i've already compiled a ton of quesions between this and my last post. Let me know if anyone can solve these =)

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 12-30-03 05:16 AM EDT (US)     355 / 2270       
Specific target, you say ? Well, there is another one option. Have you finished this campaign ? If yes, you know that on the end you fight against Guri and Price Xizor. When you first met them, Xizor attack Luke and Luke using lightsaber to block blaster blot. I think that author used in that case a object called Unvisible Target. He put it in front of Luke and use trigger called Change Ownership (I have in mind, change Unvisible Target). So it probably looks that :
There are four player - Player 1 (with Luke) Player 2 (with Xizor) Player 3 (with Unvisible Target) and Player 4 (Unknown). Everybody are ally, but Player 4 is enemy for others. Author uses effect Change Ownership and switch Unvisible Target from Player 3 to Player 4. Now Unvisible Target is enemy for others. When you are creating scenario you see that object, but when you are playing you don't see it. It looks like battle between Xizor and Luke, but both just attack this unvisible target . Of course ,you have to much combine (with time also). Good Luck.

About mods. You have to install special program. It is called Mod Installer (or something like that). It is very easy in interface. You have to also read readme file about these mods. There you will find information about installing etc. Specific mod replaces specific unit. Example :

Kyle Katarn - Jor Drakasa.

So in this case Jor Drakas disapears, but Kyle Katarn replaces him. Good Luck

Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 12-30-03 05:25 AM EDT (US)     356 / 2270       
1. I have got the same problem. You have to download Starfield Visible from SW GB Heaven Game. But after that I don't know what to do. Somebody told me that I had to use Map Copy ? But where is it and how can I use it - these questions haven't got answers.
2. Easy. You must put on the map object called Undefeatable Object (red circle). But watch out - you have to put it in safe place (from away your enemies).
3. Simple. Use effect called Research Technology.

Good Luck.

Do you know NAME of this AI script I am asking.

Sidious
Clone Trooper
(id: Darth Sidious)
posted 12-30-03 09:37 AM EDT (US)     357 / 2270       
I will try to answer some of your questions:

You can make cyan text in a scenario. Typ <AQUA> instead of <CYAN> and it should work.

If you want to let two specific units attack each other, create a task unit effect. Set the player that you want to attack as source player, the unit that you want to attack as set object and the unit that you want to be attacked as location.

I you want to place the units you can get with cheats, you can install the All Units Mod, download it here. If you don't want to install mods, you can download the All Units template here and you can map copy manually.

To send a chat, create a "send chat" effect. Set the player that you want to get the chat as source player. It should work.

To make a map revealer on a starfield, download the Improved Visible Space Template here. You can Map Copy the Map Revealer to your scenario. You can find Map Copy in the Terrain section of the Scenario Editor. Select a Map Area and click on "Copy Selected Map Area", then go to your own scenario and place the copied area on the right part of the map.

Hope I helped you out.

EDIT:

Oh, Dawidos, the name of the AI that you want to get is the Healing Taunt AI, you can download it here. For explanation on how to use it, look here.

For instructions on how to make and place a bitmap, look here.

[This message has been edited by Darth Sidious (edited 12-30-2003 @ 09:46 AM).]

Astro
Clone Trooper
(id: Astro_mech)
posted 12-30-03 12:05 PM EDT (US)     358 / 2270       
Does anyone know of a way to make tributes be silent? In a scenario I am making, you get tributes alot, and the sound they make gets annoying. I think I could use a mod to take away the sound, but I was wondering if there was a trigger trick. Thanks!

- Astro
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 12-30-03 12:40 PM EDT (US)     359 / 2270       
I'm not sure, but I know it has nothing to do with mods. though I believe there is an AI script that let you do it.

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 1,2 Remaking
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 3
My Site
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS ROCKS!!!

Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-30-03 12:54 PM EDT (US)     360 / 2270       
Ok...so i copied the star map..now i umm..umm let me work with it..How do i turn on the map revealers that came with the map?

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-

[This message has been edited by Galaxy Falcon (edited 12-30-2003 @ 01:03 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames