Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-03 03:11 PM EDT (US)     301 / 2270       
what ai file is that?

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 1,2 Remaking
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 3
My Site
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS ROCKS!!!

Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-03 03:45 PM EDT (US)     302 / 2270       
Ok, I will answer to your question. I haven't created any sound looping trigger. I have just created triggers which contain Condition (Timer) and Effects (Display Instruction). In my SW GB Ai folder there are only four AI files : Random Results.ai, Random Results.per, Immobile-Random,ai and Immobile Random.per. Pleae help.

PS. I created six players, but I put only one unit from Player 3 on the map. Maybe there is a problem.

roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-03 03:48 PM EDT (US)     303 / 2270       
I have no idea
maybe it's something to do with the ai
since I didn't make the ai and i never used it I can't really help you

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Astro
Clone Trooper
(id: Astro_mech)
posted 12-13-03 00:23 AM EDT (US)     304 / 2270       
I made the Immoble-Random AI, so maybe I can help. My AI does not do anything with sound, so it might be a trigger. If you have a trigger whose condition is:

Accumulate attribute: any resource

and an effect that plays a sound, that might be it. Since my AI does give the player with it resources.

The only other thing I can think of is that the other AI makes the player with it continually say "I have you now." Try taking away the AI from the computers, that might work.

I hope that helps.

- Astro
Knotted maggots
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-03 01:50 PM EDT (US)     305 / 2270       
Try re-writing the AI or reinstalling it
woofter the jedi
Clone Trooper
posted 12-16-03 04:10 PM EDT (US)     306 / 2270       
How does the AI triggered condition work?
(Sorry if I got the name of the condition wrong, I can't remeber what it was called )

________
0/
/|
Darkarrival
Clone Trooper
posted 12-16-03 05:43 PM EDT (US)     307 / 2270       

Quoted from Roee_Co:

Ok, this is what you need to do:
I would suggust using Immobile Taunt AI by Wookiee_Trooper, you can download it here
http://swgb.heavengames.com/descpage.php?type=AI&id=7

After you downloaded it, put this AI in a player other than player 1.
Then, using triggers:
Condition0: Accumulate Attribute: Player # accumulates 10 Nova stockpile
Effect0: What you want to happen

What happens is that when the player type 56, 10 nova is sent to the player with the AI, then using triggers you detect the 10 nova and sends an effect that happens due to the condition.

Hope I helped Good Luck

That should do it.

Darkarrival

woofter the jedi
Clone Trooper
posted 12-17-03 01:31 AM EDT (US)     308 / 2270       
The problem is that i need more than four diffrent recources
EDIT: also I made my own ai to do that
Edit: now I remeber the name of the condition. It was AI signal.

________
0/
/|

[This message has been edited by woofter the jedi (edited 12-17-2003 @ 04:05 AM).]

Geonosian Cook
Clone Trooper
posted 12-18-03 05:58 PM EDT (US)     309 / 2270       
How do you put your own music into your own scenario? (needs an elaborate answer)
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 12-18-03 06:27 PM EDT (US)     310 / 2270       
there is an effect play sound
put your sounds in the sounds/scenario folder in your game folder and use that effect

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Geonosian Cook
Clone Trooper
posted 12-18-03 07:39 PM EDT (US)     311 / 2270       
Okay, but how do you put your own music into the sound folder? Where is it? I know, I'm pathetic...

[This message has been edited by Geonosian Cook (edited 12-18-2003 @ 07:42 PM).]

DK_Viper5
Banned
posted 12-18-03 07:56 PM EDT (US)     312 / 2270       
use winzip to unzip some music from othet games. Thats how I got the Yavin Final music added to my ROTJ campagin.
Elfhelm
Clone Trooper
posted 12-20-03 11:52 AM EDT (US)     313 / 2270       
I was wondering if there is a way to do the following: Make it so that a civilization won't do anything unless they see an enemy unit or are under attack by one. When this happens they should be able to move, attack, do laundry, ect. After the attack has ended though, they return to not doing anything.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 12-20-03 12:20 PM EDT (US)     314 / 2270       
You need to download an Immobile Units AI. Place it in your Ai folder in the SWGB directory and then assign it to each of the computer players in the editor on the 'players' tab .

Click here to get the Immobile units AI.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."

[This message has been edited by Aftermath (edited 12-20-2003 @ 12:21 PM).]

woofter the jedi
Clone Trooper
posted 12-20-03 02:57 PM EDT (US)     315 / 2270       
How does the trigger condition AI Signal work. (I've used up three rescources so there is no alternative.)

________
0/
/|
Reborn
Banned
posted 12-20-03 06:52 PM EDT (US)     316 / 2270       
Wha
Quasipod
Banned
posted 12-20-03 07:24 PM EDT (US)     317 / 2270       
Hello fellow Gungan lovers (all two of you)

This is gonna sound dumber than Jar Jar, but...

I've read the Scenario Editor Guide to try and change the colour of Display Instruction effects, but though trying several different combinations I can't get it to work. Yellow is a very bad colour for the Dyslexic (Green is much better).

Could someone please tell me simply how to do it.

IE RED(Hello Gungan lovers)
(RED: Gungan lovers)
(RED) Gungan Lovers
(RED)(Gungan lovers)

you get the idea...

Thanking you in advance

Quasipod Modius Vonn Sith

roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 12-20-03 08:48 PM EDT (US)     318 / 2270       
Simple, right before the text in the effect “Display Instructions” type:

YELLOW RED BLUE ORANGE GREY GREEN PURPLE AQUA When you have typed this in,
merely surround the name of the color with < and >.

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Thrawnie Hunter
Clone Trooper
posted 12-21-03 03:29 AM EDT (US)     319 / 2270       
So, it would be,

<RED>Hello fellow Gungan lovers

I don't see why you wanted the brackets in there.

:>8o8<:Thrawnie Hunter{-O-}
My site Thrawnie Hunter.com.
<((((((((((I==========================================
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 12-21-03 08:18 AM EDT (US)     320 / 2270       
woofter, If you are talking about Taunt activated triggers, here is an in depth guide from JM -

Quote:

Healing a unit by means of an AI
You can make custom AI's for SWGB (and CC) that allow triggers to detect taunts. This is called the 'Password Trick'. To make such an AI, you can add code such as this to an existing AI:
)
(defrule
(taunt-detected 1 1)
=>
(acknowledge-taunt 1 1)
(cc-add-resource nova 1)
)
In this example (used in Gall Spaceport, and later in Falcon's First Flight):
"1" is the player using the taunt. This is always a human player, usually player 1, just like in this example.
"1" is the number of the taunt used, in this case "1. I got it"
"(cc-add-resource nova 1)" this line adds resources for the player that has the AI (a computer player), in this case it adds 1 nova for the AI player each time player 1 uses taunt 1. In this line:
"nova" is the resource you add for the AI player. You can choose between carbon, food, nova and metal (for ore). I haven't found a way to add misc counters.
"1" is the quantity of the specified resource that is to be added.
In Falcon's First Flight I used this AI for player 6. I'll give a full description of how the healing was handled in this campaign, with full triggers. In FFF, you could pick up HealthPacks by standing next to some PowerPacks. You could the activate a HealthPack by using taunt 1, and receive full healing.
To be able to heal, you need HealthPacks. This is what a typical trigger for picking up a HealthPack looks like:
Trigger: 'HealthPack' ON/NO LOOP
Condition0: Bring object (hero) to area (area around PowerPack)
Effect0: Remove object (PowerPack)
Effect1: Tribute: 100 nova from player 6 to GAIA (in case the player used the taunt before picking up the HealthPack... you don't want him to automatically heal as soon as he picks up the HealthPack)
Effect2: Tribute: 1 food from GAIA to player 1 (This food is mostly for the player to see how many HealthPacks he has)
Effect3: Tribute: 1 misc counter 1 from GAIA to player 1 (This is a hidden counter, to prevent the 'FORCEFOOD' cheat from having an influence on the health points)
Effect4: Send Chat to player 1 : <PowerPack : HealthPack>
When player 1 has HealthPacks, he will have at least 1 food and 1 misc counter 1. And when he wants to heal, and uses taunt 1, player 6 will receive 1 nova. And so, we can make a trigger that detects when the player wants to heal, and is entitled to heal:
Trigger: 'Taunt detected' ON/LOOP
Condition0: Accumulate Attribute: Player 1 accumulates 1 food stockpile
Condition1: Accumulate Attribute: Player 1 accumulates 1 misc counter 1
Condition2: Accumulate Attribute: Player 6 accumulates 1 nova stockpile
Effect0: Tribute: 1 food from player 1 to GAIA (substract 1 HealthPack from the counter)
Effect1: Tribute: 1 misc counter 1 from player 1 to GAIA
Effect2: Tribute: 100 nova from player 6 to GAIA (to make sure the player doesn't get healed twice in a row)
Effect3: Activate trigger: 'Heal Hero' (This activates the actual healing trigger)
Okay, and now for the trigger that actually heals your hero:
Trigger: 'Heal Hero' OFF/NO LOOP
Effect0: Damage object (hero) : 400 (max hitpoints; to reset the current health to '0')
Effect1: Damage object (hero) : -400 (minus max hitpoints; to set the current hitpoints to full health. You can copy/paste in a minus sign. Don't touch this effect again, or you risk reseting the damage to '0')
Effect2: Send Chat to Player 1 : <Healing>

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
woofter the jedi
Clone Trooper
posted 12-21-03 08:51 AM EDT (US)     321 / 2270       
I already know how to do that, but it's not what I want. Never mind, I think I can figure out a way myself.

________
0/
/|
Professor_D
Clone Trooper
posted 12-21-03 03:47 PM EDT (US)     322 / 2270       
Hi, I HAVE TO KNOW! How do you hi-jack mechs in a way that when you get in it becomes yours and when you get out, it's ownership is reverted back to the player who started with it?

Proud member of Tundra Studios! Visit my site
http://www.geocities.com/clone_sergeant_06/
Vengeance is cool!
Don't Vote Bush for Pres.
Quasipod
Banned
posted 12-21-03 07:59 PM EDT (US)     323 / 2270       
Got it now. That's a big help, Cheers Roee-co.
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 12-21-03 10:34 PM EDT (US)     324 / 2270       
You welcome

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 12-22-03 10:57 AM EDT (US)     325 / 2270       
Welcome again. Thanks for help. I have finally done what I wanted. But I have another problem (maybe I can't create scenario). I want to make starfield visible. I downloaded Visible Starfield Template, but I can't use it. Author says - use Map Copy. What map copy ? Where is it ? How can I copy these Map Reavelers to my scenario. Please for help. I' m waiting I'm sure that somebody from you know answer to my question.
Knotted maggots
Clone Trooper
posted 12-22-03 03:01 PM EDT (US)     326 / 2270       
Its in the terrain area
Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-22-03 09:10 PM EDT (US)     327 / 2270       
Ok..Question...

How do I get text to appear in sequential order? So that one text goes off, and someone else responds to it? ive tried puttting a turn on trigger effect after the text but it skips to the last text. Another question, how do i move objects to a certain area or object? Theres conditions for those but no effect. Unless i like put patrol on and then stop them. Oh another question, How can I keep A single unit forzen in place without using the AI type, or do i have to use the AI? Another question is how do I add Objectives in the game? ive tried it so that when someone says somthing, it fires the trigger description (For instance, Kill the 2 sith) but when it comes on, it crosses itself out. Im not sure how to get it on at a certain place without it crossing itself off. If someone could answer these questions id really appreciate it. If you need to you can send and email. Thanks for the help.

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
Robock
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 01:14 AM EDT (US)     328 / 2270       
I got a question. How can I add the pallete to my bitmap?
Yes I made sure it was the exact size.
But I dont know how to add the pallete or where it is!
Do I need a certain version of the pallete for paint shop pro?
This link doesent work right now if at all. http://swgb.heavengames.com/instructionbitmap.php

[This message has been edited by Robock (edited 12-23-2003 @ 01:17 AM).]

Darkarrival
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 01:22 AM EDT (US)     329 / 2270       
For Galaxy's question about the sit is this: you must put it on the trigger that will cause you to beat the objective, then deactivate that trigger and activate it when you want it to pop up.

For Robock, i have no clue.

Darkarrival

Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-23-03 01:48 PM EDT (US)     330 / 2270       

Quote:

Ok..Question...
How do I get text to appear in sequential order? So that one text goes off, and someone else responds to it? ive tried puttting a turn on trigger effect after the text but it skips to the last text. Another question, how do i move objects to a certain area or object? Theres conditions for those but no effect. Unless i like put patrol on and then stop them. Oh another question, How can I keep A single unit forzen in place without using the AI type, or do i have to use the AI? Another question is how do I add Objectives in the game? ive tried it so that when someone says somthing, it fires the trigger description (For instance, Kill the 2 sith) but when it comes on, it crosses itself out. Im not sure how to get it on at a certain place without it crossing itself off. If someone could answer these questions id really appreciate it. If you need to you can send and email. Thanks for the help.

Ok..Would anyone know where to get information on all of these triggers?
Im having trouble with all of them, and they're all pretty important to making a good scenerio or campaign.
Darkarival, I think i know what your saying..ill try it out.

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames