Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 71 72 73 74 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
JajeBlade
Clone Trooper
posted 05-24-09 06:35 AM EDT (US)     2131 / 2270       
hey all its me again...

I have a map and i want P2 to attack P1 with everything he have and gets later... so just a full scale attack no ecomical things needed...

i did some AI scripting guides

i got stuck with this...

(defrule
(food-amount > 0)
=>
(attack-now)
)

i know im doing something wrong but i dont know what... basicly the thing i want with this is when he has more then 0 food attack P1 with everything...

i know there must be something missing with the (attack-now) like groups or wich player he needs to attack but i cant find it...

The map situation now is that I (p1) have 1 unit and the computer (p2) 4 untis, i aslo have another computer (p3) for having some nice buildings arround (allied with p1 and p2). with this AI the 4 units of P2 just walk arround and sometimes shoot when they see the unit of P1... when i attack 1 unit the other 3 come and gonna shoot me too but i want them like constandly to hunting me...

[This message has been edited by JajeBlade (edited 05-24-2009 @ 06:42 AM).]

jordynator
Clone Trooper
posted 05-24-09 10:20 AM EDT (US)     2132 / 2270       
I am working on a campaign I did before but I found it not good enough so now I am making a new version, however I want to update my skill in map making! are there tutorials on how to make realistic factory's or elevators without mods (or without many mods). you know maybe we need a book about it how to make landscapes! And some triggers example for newbie's.
maybe I must write (With help of pro's) one
RoyalCrusader
Clone Trooper
posted 06-23-09 02:05 PM EDT (US)     2133 / 2270       
Hello there, everyone!
I'm new here and I've got a question...This may not be the right thread to ask, but, just in case...
I've just downloaded a scenario file and saved it in the Scenario folder within the Game directory, however, when I start the game, the Scenario that I downloaded doesn't appear in the list, can you guys help me?

Thanks in advance!
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 06-29-09 09:10 PM EDT (US)     2134 / 2270       
Hello there everyone![2]
I'm new around here and I have a "noob question". How can I make dialogues bettwen two characters like this:
Ki-Adi-Mundi:Hello Mace Windu how are you?
Mace Windu:I'm fine, thank you.
i want to do a campaing and I need a dialogue on it. Please help.....

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 06-30-09 05:06 PM EDT (US)     2135 / 2270       
Trigger 0:
-LOOPING: Off
-DISPLAY AS OBJECTIVE: Off
-STARTING STATE: On or off, depending on what you need.

=Condition 0: Whatever action will trigger the event
----------
=Effect 0: Display Instructions
==Message: Ki-Adi-Mundi: Hello, Mace Windu. How are you?
=Effect 1: Activate Trigger
==Trigger 1

Trigger 1:
-LOOPING: OFF
-DISPLAY AS OBJECTIVE: OFF
-STARTING STATE: OFF

Condition 0: Timer
==You can enter any amount of time here, but make sure the player has enough time to read the previous text.
----------
==Message: Mace Windu: I'm fine, Thank you.

You'll have to do this for any additional lines of text.

Basically:

Starting State: ALWAYS OFF. Otherwise the text likely all display at once.
Looping: ALWAYS OFF.

For each additional line of speech you add, you must add an effect to the previous trigger to activate the next one.

Trigger 0 activates trigger 1
1 activates 2, and so on.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 06-30-2009 @ 05:10 PM).]

johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-01-09 01:48 PM EDT (US)     2136 / 2270       
Thank you Gen Rhys.

But....
unfortunately I have another question ^^.
How can I make objectives like "Obi-Wan must survive"?
I know about the description of the trigger, display as objective, things like that. I Set the description but I don't know the conditions and effects.

sorry for my bad English

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-01-09 07:21 PM EDT (US)     2137 / 2270       
Alright. This is pretty simple as well.

LOOPING: Off
DISPLAY AS OBJ: On (Obi-Wan Must survive)
STARTING STATE: Either. Depends on when you need it.

=Condition 0: Destroy Object
==Object: Obi-Wan

=Effect 0: Declare Victory
==Player: The enemy player

That's as simple as the condition can get.

If you want to display a message if he dies, then instead of 'declare victory' do this:

=Condition: Same as above

==Text: Whatever you wish to put
=Effect 1: Activate Trigger
==Trigger 1
==========
TRIGGER 1:
LOOPING: Off
STARTING STATE: Off
DISPLAY AS OBJ: Off

=Effect 0: Declare Victory
==Player: Enemy

Cake.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-02-09 06:11 PM EDT (US)     2138 / 2270       
hey all(You must be thinking: WTF, you again?????)
Yeah it's me again....
Well i have a problem with the game. When I make a trigger,with the effect Damage Object, the game automatically turns off. This happens - sometimes - with Change Object HP, Attack and Name. Maybe it's just with me, I don't know...
Do you guys know how to solve this problem?

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-02-09 09:31 PM EDT (US)     2139 / 2270       
This sometimes happens when you don't correctly specify the unit to be affected. Make sure it is selected properly. If you're trying to modify more than one thing, it's safer to make a new effect for each object.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
ropsy16
Clone Trooper
posted 07-04-09 01:22 AM EDT (US)     2140 / 2270       
2 Questions:
Can do you make units and buildings invincible so they cannot be killed?

Also, when game speed is set to "fast" is that twice the speed as normal?
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-04-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)     2141 / 2270       
I think I have the answer to your first question(I don't know if it's right, but i'm just trying to help)

Make a new triggger and do this:

======Trigger 0======

--Condition: Just set if you like the building to be invencible at a determintated condition.
--Effect: Change Object HP
*Object list: (the object you want to be invencible")
*Object List Type: Buildings
*Quantity: (A giant number like 50.000)
It'll be so hard to kill that the player will desist and don't attack it. Pratically invencible. Maybe there's another way(Easyer way) so wait and maybe someone give you a best answer

Sorry for my bad english

[This message has been edited by johnny595 (edited 07-04-2009 @ 02:24 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-04-09 01:53 PM EDT (US)     2142 / 2270       
There is a way by somehow decreasung the unit's Hp to '0', but it's been a long time, so I don't really remember.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 07-04-09 02:07 PM EDT (US)     2143 / 2270       
Damage object 500, then -500 (doesnt have to be 500)

Then change HP 500, then -500

I thought it was that way. Long time ago though

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-04-09 02:25 PM EDT (US)     2144 / 2270       
I downloaded a mod with various dead bodies. Clones droids, etc. But the problem is: they rot to fast! Is thera a way to stop them roting?

Sorry for my bad english
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-04-09 02:30 PM EDT (US)     2145 / 2270       
I'm afraid not. The only way to make them appear new is to use triggers to create them just before the player enters the area.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 07-04-09 09:07 PM EDT (US)     2146 / 2270       
======Trigger 0======

--Condition: Just set if you like the building to be invencible at a determintated condition.
--Effect: Change Object HP
*Object list: (the object you want to be invencible")
*Object List Type: Buildings
*Quantity: (A giant number like 50.000)
It'll be so hard to kill that the player will desist and don't attack it. Pratically invencible. Maybe there's another way(Easyer way) so wait and maybe someone give you a best answer
That's possible, but they upper limit is something to the effect of 32,000.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
gamesgames
Clone Trooper
posted 07-05-09 06:08 PM EDT (US)     2147 / 2270       
I need help i'm lazey so I did not read 72 pages in case you have seen this before sorry but I don't know how to add nova or ore to my maps in the map builder
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 07-05-09 06:31 PM EDT (US)     2148 / 2270       
Go to the units tab, set player to Gaia, and look under "Other."

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-09 03:04 AM EDT (US)     2149 / 2270       
Hey it's me Tappaz again!

My current issue, or area of unknown is a random AI, document script I can use. Does anybody know of one. One where you can have a selection of outcomes each with a percentage possibility or something.

It's essential for my current campaign.

Cheers, Tappaz.

I do think, that you are thinking, that my signature, required little thought.
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-12-09 12:59 PM EDT (US)     2150 / 2270       
Please use the search function next time.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 07-13-09 02:56 AM EDT (US)     2151 / 2270       
Thanks,

I did search, I guess I searched with wrong criteria?

Anyways thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I do think, that you are thinking, that my signature, required little thought.
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-15-09 04:18 PM EDT (US)     2152 / 2270       
Hello there, it's me again!

I have a new question.

I'm making a map that some dropships (Allies dropships) appear and drop soldiers (allies soldiers) in the battlefield. How can I make the soldiers inside the Air Transport, become player 1 soldiers? And another thing. How can I make the ships LEAVE the place of the unloading?
Thanks in advance

Sorry for my bad english

[This message has been edited by johnny595 (edited 07-15-2009 @ 04:38 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-15-09 04:23 PM EDT (US)     2153 / 2270       
Make sure you've clearly specified where the units will be when they land. If this isn't clear, the game will attempt to convert every unit belonging to that player, and the game will likely crash.

If it's happening when the level starts it means the trigger may be active, or looping.
Make sure it only gets activated when the dropship is in the desired area, and ensure the trigger isn't looping. Ang again, specify the exact area where the conversion will happen.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-15-09 04:41 PM EDT (US)     2154 / 2270       
Thank you Dallows (again) but I made a wrong question XP. I'm sorry about that.I already edited it.

[This message has been edited by johnny595 (edited 07-15-2009 @ 04:43 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-15-09 08:47 PM EDT (US)     2155 / 2270       
It's fine.

As for the ships leaving, just use the Task Object Trigger.

I recently made a campaign that does EXACTLY what you're talking about. Here's how I did it.

TRIGGER 0: (This controls when the dropship will appear)

STARTING STATE: ON
DISPLAY: OFF
LOOPING: OFF

=Condition 0:
==Timer (Whatever amount of time you want in between the ship arriving/leaving)

=Effect 0:
==Task Object (Task the dropship to the point you want it to drop off the troops)

=Effect 1:
--Activate Trigger (Trigger 1)

TRIGGER 1 (Detects when the dropship has arrived, and creates the units. Creating them is more reliable than changing ownership.)

STARTING STATE: OFF

=Condition 0:
==Bring Object to Area (The dropship to it's desired location. Be sure to encompass more than 1 tile, as task triggers can sometimes be off. a good 9 tiles or so should do)

=Effect 0 - whatever-
==Create Object (These will create the units you want. I'll assume you put down 5 soldiers)

=Effect 1
==Activate Trigger - Trigger 2

TRIGGER 2: (This causes the gunship to leave, after idling for a few seconds to give it a more realistic look)

STARTING STATE: OFF

=Condition 0:
==Timer (5 usually works best)

=Effect 0: Task Object (Task the dropship somewhere out of site, where the player can't get to. This way you can recycle it without having to constantly load/unload or create new ones

=Effect 1:
==Activate Trigger (Trigger 0. This starts the cycle again)

So basically, every so often (depending on how much time you put in trigger 0) the dropship will travel to a location, drop off it's troops, and leave.

If you don't want it to be continuous, just leave out 'reactivate trigger 0' at the end. However you'd have to make a new one for every position you want troops to be dropped off at.

My scenario has six of these cycles set up on the map.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-17-09 09:38 PM EDT (US)     2156 / 2270       
thank you dallows.
I didn't know you had a campaing!
I searched and dl all your campaings except Ghost Recon.
They're all great!
Congratulations man, and thank you for everything!
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-17-09 10:34 PM EDT (US)     2157 / 2270       
Thanks. Sadly my computers have a history of being very unreliable pieces of junk. That, coupled with my mild ADD mean I've regretfully never released anything full. But I'm better with just helping people anyway, I think.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-24-09 12:59 PM EDT (US)     2158 / 2270       
Hello SWGB players. Long time no see^^
I have a new question. This is the first time that I don't ask about triggers '

How can I make In game cinematics? I want to make a scenario just for a cinematic. Unfortunately ,I don't know how to do this ^^

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my bad english

EDIT: I don't want the player to walk aroud the scenario while the cinematic is rolling(Did I spelled it right?)

[This message has been edited by johnny595 (edited 07-24-2009 @ 01:02 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-24-09 01:02 PM EDT (US)     2159 / 2270       
That's WAY to vague of a topic for me to be of any help.

You need to be a lot more specific as to what you want happen, otherwise I don't know how to help you.

For that second part, here's what I can tell you.

Ensure that the player has an "Undefeatable Object" (PLAYER 1 - UNITS - UNDEFEATABLE OBJECT) somewhere on the map.

When the player gets to the point where the scene begins, use the "Change Ownership" trigger to change the player's character to a computer player.

Afterwards, use the "Create Object" function to create a "Map Revealer" (PLAYER 1 - UNITS - OTHERS - MAP REVEALER [2-8])

The map revealers prevent the area from being shrouded in fog once the player loses control of the character. Each map revealer offers a different size view, with the largest being '8'

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 07-24-2009 @ 01:17 PM).]

johnny595
Clone Trooper
posted 07-24-09 02:16 PM EDT (US)     2160 / 2270       
ok here's what I want to do:

I dl a jedi council mod and I want to do a meeting between some Jedis with the Jedi Council. I would like to make the cinematic start right in the beggining of the scenario. The player starts the map and then the cinematic start.

That's all.

Thanks in advance
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 71 72 73 74 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames