Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 69 70 71 72 73 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
The_Gamesmaster
Clone Trooper
posted 10-16-08 01:07 PM EDT (US)     2101 / 2270       
Hi. I have made a scenario, and intend to give it to my friend, so he can test it. However, when I look in my SWGB scenario folder (C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Scenario) it contains only the scenarios that I have downloaded. I cannot find my scenarios anywhere, out of the game, but when I enter the game, they are waiting for me in the scenarios folder.
I have tried saving the files as different names, but still they don't appear outside of the game.
There is probably a really simple solution to this, but I just havn't found it.
Any ideas?
Thanks, The_Gamesmaster.

Boy... I must have a terrible reputation on this site by now...

[This message has been edited by The_Gamesmaster (edited 10-17-2008 @ 12:17 PM).]

Dash17
Clone Trooper
posted 10-16-08 05:26 PM EDT (US)     2102 / 2270       
Using the Ultimate RPG AI, how would I use the starfighter AI that is part of it?

thanks in advance for your help
wellst
Clone Trooper
posted 10-17-08 11:24 AM EDT (US)     2103 / 2270       
Open the AI or PER file with notepad or an diffrent text editor. Then you can see exactly what it does.

Also, I'm making a RPG campaign, Which I don't want to say too much about yet. In this campaign, I want the gates to stay open and change player, So they're like Laser gates (You die if they turn red while your walking through). I got all units and placed a gate which is open, But when it goes into the game it immediately closes. Could anyone help, Thanks in advance. I know this will work because I saw it in another campaign, I think you have to place a unit in the gate, But which unit?

.\\\') ,``,(`\\\'.
.\\\'),``,And as the darkness consumes me, I am nothing.,`,(`\\\'.
,``,,``,,``,

[This message has been edited by WELLST (edited 10-17-2008 @ 12:24 PM).]

tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 10-17-08 07:09 PM EDT (US)     2104 / 2270       
Wellst, try finding single gate posts in the all units editor, and find the ones that actually work. The majority disappear once u test or start a game, but the ones i'm talking about allow you to do what you're asking. They will look like laser pillars which I think is what you want.
wellst
Clone Trooper
posted 10-18-08 04:14 AM EDT (US)     2105 / 2270       
Yeah, I guess i'll have to resort to that. I like how the gate opens though, It has a little extra bit on the posts which would make more of a laser gate effect.

.\\\') ,``,(`\\\'.
,``,,``,,``,
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 10-18-08 05:38 PM EDT (US)     2106 / 2270       
Wish I could help more.. Sorry.

I'm making a new game for us all to try soon. Keep your eyes out for a new topic by me, it will have all the info.

Guys i need help with my campaign. It is one involving a squad and enterable buildings. I have the units for the squad already placed and a tasking trigger to make em follow the leader on a loop. But the other squad units used for inside buildings are also tasked to this object, so they walk from the entrance to the walls...How do I make the task more specific to one unit without designating an area??

I do think, that you are thinking, that my signature, required little thought.

[This message has been edited by tappaz (edited 10-21-2008 @ 04:41 AM).]

wellst
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-08 06:05 AM EDT (US)     2107 / 2270       
Just deactive the tasking trigger when you don't want the units to follow. That is what you meant isn't it?

.\\\') ,``,(`\\\'.
,``,,``,,``,
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-08 03:38 PM EDT (US)     2108 / 2270       
No I meant that when the first tasking trigger is activated it also tasks the units in the buildings to the leader as well, I want two tasking triggers active at one time, but the first one overrides the last.
Anyway i've avoided having to use that method now, but an answer is still appreciated.

WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 10-31-08 09:07 AM EDT (US)     2109 / 2270       
Hello Tappaz, It has been some time since I was here around.
Now you got another problem. Let's take a look:
Guys i need help with my campaign. It is one involving a squad and enter able buildings. I have the units for the squad already placed and a tasking trigger to make em follow the leader on a loop. But the other squad units used for inside buildings are also tasked to this object, so they walk from the entrance to the walls...How do I make the task more specific to one unit without designating an area??
If correctly your tasking to leader trigger does work.
Only the other squad units are also tasked to the leader, this shouldn't happen.

If you want to task them more specifically and the "other squad" you talk about is also already placed on map, then you would need to use the Select Object of the task object effect and select the units that you want to give a task to, then select the leader person. Now they will walk to him.
Of course if you want them to continuously task to the leader then you have to loop the trigger. But I assume you know that.

Well, if you want the squad and the "other" squad to not both follow the leader, then you might want to make only a task object for the squad with Select object on the units of the squad and location the leader. But don't make a task object effect for the "other squad" units.

I might have misunderstood you now. And best thing would be to sent the scenario over to me, or explain your current triggers you are now using to achieve this, so I or anybody else can see what might have gone wrong. Interesting and both good question too
when the first tasking trigger is activated it also tasks the units in the buildings to the leader as well, I want two tasking triggers active at one time, but the first one overrides the last.
This can happen when you included the "other squad" units in the same task object effect of the squad units which SHOULD be tasked to the leader. I'm not too sure, but this might seem obvious. If it doesn't change things, please list triggers used, and solution will come on easily.

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 10-31-08 04:17 PM EDT (US)     2110 / 2270       
Thanks WizarDBoy.

I had selected the first squad only but I had a hero in both squads, and after mucking around, now only the hero from the other squad is tasked to the leader.

But nevermind, i decided to scrap the whole enterable buildings thing to single unit scns, as the trigger work is multiplied 10 fold for squads. But thankyou for your help kind sir!

Peace out, Tappaz.

Nfamous12
Clone Trooper
posted 11-19-08 08:23 PM EDT (US)     2111 / 2270       
How do I create a 'healing' area??
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-08 03:05 PM EDT (US)     2112 / 2270       
How do I create a 'healing' area??
1. First create a bit of scenery around the area where the 'healing area' comes. Just to make it a little more pretty.
Then you can place some medics in that area. If your wounded unit comes there it will get healed by the medics

2. Same as the first, create some scenery to get an atmosphere to work with. Now make a trigger, and add a new effect called Damage Effect. Set the player to who should be healed. Set the unit type to military. Now drag a line by first clicking on Set Area then drag the line in the 'healing area' where the units will get healed if they enter it. After that click the Goto Area, this will register the location of the area.
Next, put in the quantity box: -20

NOTE: If you want to enter -20 in the box, it wont work at first. To make is possible first select the Trigger name. If its your first trigger its called Trigger0. Now write in the Objectives screen. This is the writing area left of the Starting State option and Looping option. Type in the objectives: -20
Now select the '-20' by mouse and right click on the selection you just created. Choose copy in the quick-menu.
Now go to your Damage Effect. And paste the amount in the Quantity box. At this time you should not click the Effect (name) again or else the value in the Quantity box will be reset to 0.

Im sure this is easy to understand. If problems arise. Come back and tell me what you did to get to the problem. Good luck

Nfamous12
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-08 07:07 PM EDT (US)     2113 / 2270       
Thanks wiz.
If you want the beta on what im doing, its the Halo wars beta.
Nfamous12
Clone Trooper
posted 11-25-08 11:01 PM EDT (US)     2114 / 2270       
Another Question.
How do I make a gaia (for instance) Clone Trooper not change ownership to a Player?
AGENCY_SEACKER
Clone Trooper
posted 11-25-08 11:10 PM EDT (US)     2115 / 2270       
Condition: Set object on object, effect, change ownership, source player: Gaia, select object, loop the trigger. That might work.
wellst
Clone Trooper
posted 11-28-08 04:51 AM EDT (US)     2116 / 2270       
Why don't you just create a trigger like this;

Trigger 1, Loop on
Change ownership : Select Object, Change to GAIA

Done. And when you want it to become player 1's just deactive the trigger with another one.

.\\\') ,``,(`\\\'.
,``,,``,,``,
Xwingjunkie
Clone Trooper
posted 12-03-08 09:10 PM EDT (US)     2117 / 2270       
Have you noticed that the timer condition doesn't work below a value of 3? If you do set the timer to say..1 or 2..the effect will still take place at a time of 3. Is there any way to bypass this? I tried tasking a scout across a straight line and activating a trigger each time he hit a new tile, but unless it took the same time of 3 or higher the trigger didn't occur or was delayed.

XWINGJUNKIE

E = ={|o|}
TJGuy
Clone Trooper
posted 12-10-08 12:01 PM EDT (US)     2118 / 2270       
Hi, how do you create a trigger that does something when a unit reches x hitpoints (eg clone trooper has less than 30 hitpoints changes team)?
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 12-11-08 07:28 PM EDT (US)     2119 / 2270       
Xwingjunkie as far as I know the timer DOES work below 3 seconds, I'm not saying that you are wrong but perhaps that particular scenario has trigger glitch? It is possible as it happens to me all the time.

TJGuy, I don't think there is a condition for detecting hit points, but if you look around in the Ai script help section http://swgb.heavengames.com/scenarioeditor.php,you may find something that you can use in relation to resources every time a unit is damaged. But honestly, I don't think there is a way.

WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 01-14-09 10:27 AM EDT (US)     2120 / 2270       
Have you noticed that the timer condition doesn't work below a value of 3? If you do set the timer to say..1 or 2..the effect will still take place at a time of 3. Is there any way to bypass this? I tried tasking a scout across a straight line and activating a trigger each time he hit a new tile, but unless it took the same time of 3 or higher the trigger didn't occur or was delayed.
@ Xwing

I dont know if you are aware of this. But when you have a trigger with a timer, and you deactivate it, then at a later moment you activate it again. It wont wait till 5 seconds were passed (as set in the timer condition) no if it already could add 2 seconds in the timer, then once it is activated again it only take 3 seconds. So this means it saves the seconds when you deactivate a trigger that is currently keeping track of a timer.

Since the trigger is activated each time it hits the tile, also the timer is counting, so if you deactivate the trigger once it isnt on the tile then that caused the timer to bug. As it kept the seconds and didnt counted like you wanted.

To prevent this from happening, you need to make a new trigger with a new timer, once that timer is used up then use a new trigger, else you get the same problem again.
you may find something that you can use in relation to resources every time a unit is damaged. But honestly, I don't think there is a way.
@ TJguy

As tappaz said, the resource idea can be useful.
But there is no direct and easy way to find out hp values and based on them make things happening. You can try by looking at the thread and use the resoures. If it works, then its awesome! Else get back here, and tell what didnt work.

JajeBlade
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-09 04:04 PM EDT (US)     2121 / 2270       
Hello,

Im new here (No welcome needed :P) and in the last few day i went a little further then just the standard maps and did some triggering.

I hoped that i could use a search function here so i could find the answer alone but couldn't find a search bar so ill ask my question here:

I downloaded the minigame-maps from this site and noticed that the map-zise of the conquest map was really, really small. I don't want to use mods and my pc recognized them without so i hope i can make those small maps too without using mods. Is this possible?

EDIT

Oh WELLST i found your templates but i've also post some questions on you mail and at the download. But maybe if any1 else can help. I need to make these custom sized maps mself. Any1 have done this before?

[This message has been edited by JajeBlade (edited 02-16-2009 @ 04:53 AM).]

STELTH_man
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-09 05:59 AM EDT (US)     2122 / 2270       
no it's not. At least not without moding your self.
Hi,
er... you know the triggers? well i wanted to mack a conversation on one of my Sc's with optinal dialog(E.g
Hi welcome you need anything?
1- no.
2-yeh,where is the canteena?
Reply to 2-: down the hall to the left!
1-thanx
2-goodbye
Reply to 1-: your welcome!Bye!)
but i dont know how can anyone help?
Edit: I also forgot how to change the couler of peoples text in "display instructions" trigger.

Never say never.

[This message has been edited by STELTH_man (edited 03-28-2009 @ 06:07 AM).]

jordynator
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-09 06:20 AM EDT (US)     2123 / 2270       
Hello it's me! believe it or not but now I am remaking an campaign i made before but it wasn't good enough so I worked from the start and remade it (With better eyecandys, more NOT IN ORIGINAL GAME included objectives and more)
but I forgot how to get the bacta trigger I thought it was
*Insert trigger name*
Effect
change object hp -170
Effect
change object hp 170

but when I do this, the character dies and doesn't get healed at all!
What do I do wrong?
efilnikufesin
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-09 06:40 AM EDT (US)     2124 / 2270       
You have to use Damage Object, not Change Object HP.

efilnikufesin | last.fm
jordynator
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-09 11:13 AM EDT (US)     2125 / 2270       
okay
I did
effect
Damage object 170
change object hp 170
person dies again
did...
Effect
Damage object 170
Damage object -170
game crashed

how does i get it right.
BTW also I made a text appear when the person gets healed! maybe that gives a clue
efilnikufesin
Clone Trooper
posted 04-07-09 07:12 AM EDT (US)     2126 / 2270       
I've found that displaying text when a character gets healed can actually cause the game to crash.

The trigger should look like this:

Trigger 1
Condition 1: Bring Object to Area (or whatever you want it to be.)
---
Effect 1: Damage Object (Object: Character, Amount: 170)
Effect 2: Damage Object (Object: Character, Amount: -170)

That should do it.

efilnikufesin | last.fm
STELTH_man
Clone Trooper
posted 04-09-09 10:05 AM EDT (US)     2127 / 2270       
I REPET,
you know the triggers? well i wanted to mack a conversation on one of my Sc's with optinal dialog(E.g
Hi welcome you need anything?
1- no.
2-yeh,where is the canteena?
Reply to 2-: down the hall to the left!
1-thanx
2-goodbye
Reply to 1-: your welcome!Bye!)
but i dont know how can anyone help?
Edit: I also forgot how to change the couler of peoples text in "display instructions" trigger.

EDIT: um... also is there a mod or utilaty ors somthing were you can get 2 maps at onse you know like you can swap between them and put somthing to telaport your people on to the next map. so you can do for e.g uper and lower city.

Never say never.

[This message has been edited by STELTH_man (edited 04-12-2009 @ 12:17 PM).]

efilnikufesin
Clone Trooper
posted 04-13-09 11:49 AM EDT (US)     2128 / 2270       
Use this.

That's how I learnt how to do pretty much everything taunt based.

efilnikufesin | last.fm
STELTH_man
Clone Trooper
posted 04-13-09 01:35 PM EDT (US)     2129 / 2270       
thenx at least someone is helpful.
Er dos anyone know how to stop a unit from being able to attak somthing without changing allyice of owner-ship?

Never say never.

[This message has been edited by STELTH_man (edited 04-26-2009 @ 01:16 PM).]

dkeck13
Clone Trooper
posted 05-14-09 08:02 PM EDT (US)     2130 / 2270       
I'm not sure if this problem has already been addressed, i skimmed over this thread and didn't see anything...

Maybe its vista, but when i download maps for the game from this site and unzip them, they are listed as "real player" files and when i put them in my "scenario" folder, they still do not show up in game with my created scenarios.

I did manage to get one file to work and i could open and edit it in game, but it is a "starcraft" file... i was so confused about that.

If anyone knows what i'm doing wrong (because i'm sure i am), or if anyone knows, please help!!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 69 70 71 72 73 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames