Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 66 67 68 69 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-08 10:01 AM EDT (US)     2011 / 2270       
cheers 4 da help BleXese.

I have incorporated sum of that into my triggers. Thanks for da help.

[This message has been edited by tappaz (edited 08-02-2008 @ 10:02 AM).]

BleXeze
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-08 12:30 PM EDT (US)     2012 / 2270       
Youre welcome
Sierra Wolf
Omega
(id: Rossk)
posted 08-02-08 01:17 PM EDT (US)     2013 / 2270       
Thanks Sierra, that really helped me out
Glad to hear it. Just out of curiosity, did you notice any differences in the triggers (or anything really) between your scenario and my template?
Althought when i make a 3rd option to Log Out of the computer terminal, it works just fine, but i also set a effect to reactivate the first Dialogue Options trigger incase you wanted to use the computer again, but then it just executes the Log Off trigger instantly like it did with my earlier triggers >_>
If you want it to work like that, then you need to make it so you have to type in 1 to use the terminal. So basically instead of just a "Bring Object to Area" Condition, you'd have that one, and the taunt conditions, and set it on looping. Deactivate that trigger, but then after you've chosen any of the options you would activate again. Be sure to tribute all of the resources back, too.

*hopes that makes sense*

Sierra Wolf
BleXeze
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-08 02:20 PM EDT (US)     2014 / 2270       
Well yeah, our trigger sets looked identical as for the conditions, effects, etc.

And with "type in 1 to use the terminal", I'm guessing youre referring to adding Accumulate Attribute and Tribute to the trigger?

I played LOrd_REvan's KoTOR campaign not so long ago, he had a working 3 option system But if i cant get it to work I'll just stick with 2 options then. And thanks again!
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-08 07:31 PM EDT (US)     2015 / 2270       
That's exactly what he means....I think.

[This message has been edited by tappaz (edited 08-04-2008 @ 05:02 PM).]

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
(id: master silver)
posted 08-09-08 00:03 AM EDT (US)     2016 / 2270       
Look up WELLST in the utilities section. He/She has it all.

Amity/Enmity
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 08-11-08 03:45 AM EDT (US)     2017 / 2270       
Is it possible to use the "less than" sign in the "Objects in area" trigger? I want it so I can say if there is one less of a unit within a certain area it fires an effect.

Say.... "less than"3 troopers in an area and it fires when there are less than 3 troopers in the area.

Help would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by tappaz (edited 08-11-2008 @ 03:47 AM).]

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
posted 08-11-08 02:42 PM EDT (US)     2018 / 2270       
No but you can use the "Own fewer objects trigger" the only problem is that you can't select the area.

Amity/Enmity
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 08-11-08 04:58 PM EDT (US)     2019 / 2270       
I know that....
It just would be real handy if you could use the "less than" sign in the objects in area trigger.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 08-11-08 05:56 PM EDT (US)     2020 / 2270       
It just would be real handy if you could use the "less than" sign in the objects in area trigger.
It would be extremely helpful in "Accumulate Attribute," too. Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's beyond the scope of the engine.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
thepunkguy
Clone Trooper
posted 08-12-08 06:16 AM EDT (US)     2021 / 2270       
It would be extremely helpful in "Accumulate Attribute," too. Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's beyond the scope of the engine.
I think this is possible using negative tributes, i'm not really an expert on it but its something you might want to look into.

tappaz: If you describe exactly what sort of context your using it in, I'll try and come up with something.
THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
(id: The Real Bryl)
posted 08-12-08 07:38 AM EDT (US)     2022 / 2270       
I think I tried a thing once where I had an objects in area with the number set to 5, and another one with the number set to 6, which would deactivate the first one. I then created another trigger which had a timer of a few seconds that was activated by the first trigger. This would ensure that the player could only have 5 objects in the area, and no more. I'm not sure how effective it was, but it did work.

The "Real" Bryl
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 08-12-08 03:52 PM EDT (US)     2023 / 2270       
tappaz: If you describe exactly what sort of context your using it in, I'll try and come up with something
@thepunkguy

He wishes to know about the 'own fewer objects in area' method that exist.

This sample can be used for that method.
The own fewer objects in area method:

trigger0 start: off loop: off
(what you want to happen if there are less then 10 in the area)

trigger1 start: on loop: yes
activate trigger0

trigger2 start: on loop: yes
object in area 10
deactivate trigger0

This will do it. Note: this is when the check should be done multiple times, well, more like endlessly.

Hope it helped

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)

[This message has been edited by WizarDBoy (edited 08-12-2008 @ 04:02 PM).]

tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 08-12-08 05:07 PM EDT (US)     2024 / 2270       
KK thanks guys.

The context I'm using it in is a scenario (which will be out soonish) where civilians can be killed and can respawn. I've set certain areas where they can patrol and in those areas I want this trigger to be able to recognise when there is LESS not more of a certain object.

WizarDBoy and The Real Bryl's techniques I will try for now. Thankyou for your help...hopefully when Im done you can playtest it .
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 08-15-08 11:24 AM EDT (US)     2025 / 2270       
WizarDBoy and The Real Bryl's techniques I will try for now. Thankyou for your help...hopefully when Im done you can playtest it .
Im more then sure that it will work. I tried it for my own scenario and it didnt gone wrong. Bryl his method may sadly go wrong. Since im a bit unsure of Bryl his method, please tell which method did worked

[This message has been edited by WizarDBoy (edited 08-15-2008 @ 11:27 AM).]

Ninjasintheskies
Clone Trooper
posted 08-15-08 11:31 AM EDT (US)     2026 / 2270       
How do you make a created object go to an area? Like it spawns then moves to the area.

idk if it was asked, there 41 f***ing pages and I'm not gonna go through them all.

((((((((((((((____Station THX311____))))))))))
Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
posted 08-15-08 03:00 PM EDT (US)     2027 / 2270       
41 f***ing pages and I'm not gonna go through them all.
Your very lazy. I am also offended by your language, just think of all the little children who will be blinded for life by reading the stars in your message. Oh and I am very offended by the language in your signature. If your not careful and change it soon you will be smite (No not by god but probably by the Christian Evangical "Were gonna convert or kill you" Church).

Yea so to anwser your question you evil person, you need to have an effect: Task object, right after the create object. When setting up the effect choose the area and the unit type from the drop down menu to make it work.

Amity/Enmity
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 08-15-08 04:22 PM EDT (US)     2028 / 2270       
WizarDBoy yours was the one that worked but I modified it a bit. Bryls was for detectin ABOVE a limit yours detected BELOW which was what I wanted.

EDIT: Does ANYONE know how to use the "Selected Objects in Area" Trigger?? And yes i know about the objects in area trigger and selected object one. I just need the otha one.
"Selected Objects in Area"

[This message has been edited by tappaz (edited 08-15-2008 @ 04:24 PM).]

Ninjasintheskies
Clone Trooper
posted 08-15-08 05:28 PM EDT (US)     2029 / 2270       
RR, I'm Agnostic and I DON"T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway, thank you for your help.

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
posted 08-15-08 08:14 PM EDT (US)     2030 / 2270       
lol... I can't believe your still taking me seriously. Dosen't my name pretty much give away my religious beliefs.

"Selected Objects in Area"... Exactly what version of SWGB do you have? I don't even have that condition. Does anyone else?

Amity/Enmity
Ninjasintheskies
Clone Trooper
posted 08-15-08 11:14 PM EDT (US)     2031 / 2270       
Objetc selected is what I think he means.... I'll go check.

Holy crap, there actually is one. I took a pic, so tell me how to post it.

Edit: NVM. It didn't work. I just deleted every pic in the folder cuz it had over 350 of them. I'm sorry that my bro was in the room and watching me take screenies. He took 99% of the crap in there.

[This message has been edited by Ninjasintheskies (edited 08-15-2008 @ 11:21 PM).]

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
posted 08-16-08 04:51 PM EDT (US)     2032 / 2270       
Man I actually went back and there was a trigger like this. It was almost as exciting as that time I found big foot in my backyard!

*Denotes Seriousness* I regret to inform you that the trigger you are trying is dead and no longer functional.

Amity/Enmity
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 08-16-08 05:15 PM EDT (US)     2033 / 2270       
WizarDBoy yours was the one that worked but I modified it a bit. Bryls was for detectin ABOVE a limit yours detected BELOW which was what I wanted.
Well, let me just be this curious. What did you modified in the triggers?

Ninjasintheskies
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-08 02:01 PM EDT (US)     2034 / 2270       
I have another question.I want to have a Lambda Shuttle spawn and go to an area, drop its troops and be removed from the map. I know how to make it go to the location I want, and create the troops, how do I remove an object that is created 5 minutes in the game?

TJGuy
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-08 02:50 PM EDT (US)     2035 / 2270       
Ninjasintheskies, I think you just task the lambda shuttle to location "x" after you have done what you wanted it to do, and create a new trigger and put the condition as "objects in area". Put the player as "x", the unit as the lambda shuttle, the quantity as "x", the area as the location used at the beginning of this paragraph ("x"). Now set the effect as "remove object". Set the player as "x", the unit as the lambda shuttle and the area as "x". Hope this helps.

("x" means the area, location or number that you need)
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-08 07:14 PM EDT (US)     2036 / 2270       
WizarDBoy I modified it so it only took 2 triggers instead of three.. it cuts out a few things you can do with it but it was suitable to what i wanted done.

As for the "Selected Objects in Area " trigger, it may not be dead....Somehow, miracle maybe, I got it to work for a player one unit. I ordered him into an area and a message played that i had assigned to that trigger. But minutes later my game crashed and I forgot how to do it!!! It had to be very specific.....have a play around with it like I do when I can, whoever works it out gets a free trial of my Battlefront game coming out.
Ninjasintheskies
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-08 09:35 PM EDT (US)     2037 / 2270       
Yeah, I kinda thought it would work in the same way as the task object trigger.

Lord_Magiku
Clone Trooper
posted 08-18-08 10:15 AM EDT (US)     2038 / 2270       
Back again, because my scenarios are crashing with frequency. Even when I only hgad two triggers, one was an instant rename/stats trigger, and one was a two-second delay instructin/chat trigger. The INSTANT the instructions play, It craches, and I get the Blue Screen of Death. Disabling that trigger, I got ahead and make two, One that tells a transport to go to a location if a unit goes in it, and one that tells it to unload if it reaches it's destination. When it tries to unload, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. It was a 98se I was using, btw.

Sith Drummer, Rock On.
The Grey Jedi
Want a conflicting opinion? Join a forum.
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 08-18-08 03:41 PM EDT (US)     2039 / 2270       
@ lord

Im really curious whether there are loads of effects activated after the condition in one or both of the triggers are met. If there are +30 task objects happening at the same time, it might cause a huge lag, which can in your case result in a blue screen. On my pc, which was a bit older. A MHZ133 it ran age of empires fine. No blue screen even when doing things really bad in aoe2.
So i guess you can tell us/me how many effects you put in both or one of the two triggers?

It would be too important to know if those are task object effects(alot!), rename object effects(alot!)

Because these two are quite limited if you like using them.
They make crashing happening quite soon if you use more then an amount of say 30 or more being renamed or tasked all on one activate. This means if you have to rename a lot, you may want to put them in smaller amounts in seperate triggers, using a timer to delay it a bit.

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
posted 08-18-08 03:41 PM EDT (US)     2040 / 2270       
Blame the computer. Sounds like you need a new one or to reinstall SWGB.

Amity/Enmity
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 66 67 68 69 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames