Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 64 65 66 67 68 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
skirata
Clone Trooper
posted 05-08-08 07:33 PM EDT (US)     1951 / 2270       
Having some problems with my new scenario The Invisible Hand. I set a trigger for Dooku and Kenobi to talk, but all that's said is Kenobi's final line "You won't win this time." Also, I uploaded the test version of Invisible Hand and Battle for Tatooine from my desktop, and it said Submission accepted or whatever, but no files. Feed back appreciated.
darktroop3
Clone Trooper
posted 05-08-08 08:01 PM EDT (US)     1952 / 2270       
Okay two things one My Ramsees Hed map I don't know what happend with the holocrons turns out it was a trigger thing and second How do you make a person talk right after someone else does?
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 05-08-08 08:06 PM EDT (US)     1953 / 2270       
Both of you need to know how to set up a "Basic Conversiation".

Selur|"Are you watching closely?
Why you should play AoE3

[This message has been edited by Selur (edited 05-08-2008 @ 08:06 PM).]

skirata
Clone Trooper
posted 05-13-08 04:34 PM EDT (US)     1954 / 2270       
My maps are up now in the Sngle plyr section. Please check em out and tell me what you think so I can improve in the full Alternat History campaign.

"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Don't mess with Mandalorians
Mandalores Fury
Clone Trooper
posted 05-15-08 04:28 PM EDT (US)     1955 / 2270       
hello.........

im new to the whole "Scenario Design" thing.

I have a scenario ready to upload, however i cant find the file of it.

Any help would be appreciated

"We will not surrender...We will not die...Like we did on Malachore V..."
-Canderous Ordo-

if you want to read my books go to http://authorcafe.forumotion.com/

[This message has been edited by Mandalores Fury (edited 05-16-2008 @ 09:08 AM).]

skirata
Clone Trooper
posted 05-18-08 06:56 PM EDT (US)     1956 / 2270       
Fury, search in your C/Program Files/LucasArts/Starwarsgalacticbattlegrounds/Game/Scenario folder and click "Compatibility files". it should show all your made scenarios, assuming you saved it in the game. Then send the scenario to the desktop, right click on it, and send it to a zipped folder on your desktop. Then go to the Submit file section of this site and fill out everything and select the compresed folder friom your desktop and upload it. It should be on the site in a few days. At least that's what I did. Whoo that was a lot of writing.

Mandalores Fury
Clone Trooper
posted 05-19-08 03:10 PM EDT (US)     1957 / 2270       
ok skirata, first things first.
mind if i call ya Kal?
and ive looked into my swgb folder but i cant find anything like what your talkin about.

-Canderous Ordo-

skirata
Clone Trooper
posted 05-19-08 03:48 PM EDT (US)     1958 / 2270       
Ha! Youve read Republic Commando Series I see and yes you can call me kal lol. Are you running Vista? Cuz that's the OS I use. Also I have the saga edition of SWGB, so mine might be different. Anyway in your SWGB file folder, there should be 3 sub-folders (Game, Install, and Clone Campaigns{If you have Saga edition}) and one program with a vader icon called swgbg.exe. Click on the Game folder. you should now see several other sub-folders and language files and 2 .exe files. Click on the Scenario sub-folder. If you've installed any custom scenarios from the 'net they should be the .sc1 files. Now you have to click the Compatibility Files button in the window and all the missions you've made should be there in place of the downloaded missions. If you're not running Vista it could be a different process. If you need additional help, you can open a new thread in the scenario section.

Mandalores Fury
Clone Trooper
posted 05-22-08 10:47 AM EDT (US)     1959 / 2270       
two things kal,
i got all three of the republic commando books so far
and second,
i have windows xp

-Canderous Ordo-

skirata
Clone Trooper
posted 05-22-08 02:34 PM EDT (US)     1960 / 2270       
Osik. Don't know what to tell you. i've never uploaded a file with XP. Sorry.

darktroop3
Clone Trooper
posted 05-25-08 05:09 PM EDT (US)     1961 / 2270       
Is there a way to put pictures in scenario messages?
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 05-25-08 07:08 PM EDT (US)     1962 / 2270       
The pictures you are speaking of are called "Bitmaps". Questions regarding them should be posted in the Bitmap Request thread. As for putting them in the instructions...
Q: How do I put bitmaps into my instruction screen?

A: First you insert the BMP into the: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds\Game" folder. With that done, enter the game’s (SWGB.) Scenario Editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab then use the down bar labeled: "Scenario Instruction Map" to select your bitmap!

(BMPs are the required format of the pictures you put in the instructions screen).

Why you should play AoE3
darktroop3
Clone Trooper
posted 06-09-08 05:20 PM EDT (US)     1963 / 2270       
I have two problems one when a play a level or a while is just seems to close all by itself and the other thing is In sceniro editor testing I cannot place Prefab Shelters what should I do for these thins?

[This message has been edited by darktroop3 (edited 06-12-2008 @ 06:37 PM).]

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
(id: master silver)
posted 06-28-08 10:42 PM EDT (US)     1964 / 2270       
Sounds like you have a serious problem. I would try making all triggers starting state to off to see if it is a trigger problem, and if it is not then it could either be because you have overloaded the map with units or it is a problem with the game and you need to reinstall SWGB.
Based on your second problem I would say it is most likely the reason I mentioned above and that you need to reinstall. Oh I just recalled that the shelters could also be caused by a modification problem, so I would recommend removing mods. Hope that helped. and remember better RED than DEAD!

Amity/Enmity
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 06-29-08 10:10 AM EDT (US)     1965 / 2270       
No, its better dead than red.

Why you should play AoE3
darktroop3
Clone Trooper
posted 06-29-08 08:35 PM EDT (US)     1966 / 2270       
This is simple question can you give an object under the create object trigger an effect or condition?
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 07-02-08 01:49 AM EDT (US)     1967 / 2270       
Hey fellas. Now i'm newish to scenario design but i know a bit of Ai and most of Triggers. However... i wish to make a group of units "Stand Ground" for a scenario im making. I can't stand it when they move around and muck up my setup.

So does anyone know how to make em stand ground? (Not "Freeze or Don't move)
The Crazy Person
Clone Trooper
posted 07-02-08 01:54 AM EDT (US)     1968 / 2270       
You should use Immobile Taunt AI available in the download section here: http://swgb.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2607

Its a general purpose AI that, simply put, makes all computer controlled units stance as "Stand Ground". It also prevents the AI from surrendering prematurely and constructing or otherwise doing things that muck up a scenario. It also includes built in support for taunt-based triggers.

Generalissimo TCP | FREE SYRIA!
Xaph's Forumer of the Year '08, Best Thread and Most likely to be sigged, '08
"I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 07-02-08 02:02 AM EDT (US)     1969 / 2270       
Awesome! Thanks dude.

Now to have some designing fun!
VideoGameNerd777
Clone Trooper
posted 07-04-08 09:43 PM EDT (US)     1970 / 2270       
I'm trying to make a campaign that includes a good amount of talking. The problem is, I have to constantly make it to where you must click on a unit to make speech appear. For example:

"Blah blah blah". But then, I have to say this:

"Blah blah (click on unit to continue"

I always have to keep making speech like that. If I don't, the different texts I have in the game overwrite themselves. For example, if , at the end of the mission I have a guy say "Hurrah!". If I don't make it to where you have to click on him, instead of saying hurrah, he may say another thing that I had in the middle of the scenario, such as "I will defeat you!" Does anyone understand/know what to do?
Ai_user_101
Clone Trooper
posted 07-04-08 10:43 PM EDT (US)     1971 / 2270       
Ever try ending a trigger with an action that enables another trigger that is initially disabled?

You can find me on steam: first_of_few

You can also find me at: www.aiscripters.com as 'Thegreatkazein' or 'Kazein'.
VideoGameNerd777
Clone Trooper
posted 07-04-08 11:50 PM EDT (US)     1972 / 2270       
I never thought of that. I'm not completely sure how to do something like that, but I think I know how. Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, I don't know how to do that lol. Does anyone know how to use triggers the way 101 said?

[This message has been edited by VideoGameNerd777 (edited 07-06-2008 @ 00:16 AM).]

tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 07-05-08 06:00 PM EDT (US)     1973 / 2270       
Does anyone know how to use taunts to activate triggers?
Like if you want to answer a question with multiple choice.
Eg.
AI: "DO you want bread or milk?"

Replys: 1. Bread
2. Milk
You type 1 u get bread etc.

Also do you know how to click on a unit and make an explosive trigger activate on them?

I think it might involve scripting but i wanna know what type.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh and i'm wondering about a trigger that detects when a unit is damaged to a certain point. DOes it exist? And I need some help with taunt detection triggers also. I'm such a nooby. :P

I do think, that you are thinking, that my signature, required little thought.

[This message has been edited by tappaz (edited 07-07-2008 @ 08:08 PM).]

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-08 01:31 PM EDT (US)     1974 / 2270       
Ok I will try to anwser as many questions as I can. First off for the taunt trigger there is a current topic about it by Wellst, so look there for your anwser.

Second question about the explosive triggering. I am not sure about scripting but you can make a similar trigger.

Condition: Objected Selected
Effect: Create Object gaia Explosion trigger
Effect: Destroy object gaia Explosive trigger. (Make sure you set the area so that it works properly)

There is one draw back to this and that is that you must always have the explosion occur in a certain area, so you might want to ask someone else about scripting but that is the only way to do it with triggers.

The last question, the anwser is no I don't think that there is such a trigger condition.

Alright I have a very hard question that I need some help on. I would really appreciate if I could get the anwser here but if not I will just make a separate thread because the question is very hard and requries specific knowledge.

The Question is: How do I make a unit invisible? I know that you can make invisible anti-air turrets that still fire using the map copy button. But how would I make a unit like the Death Star invisible?

Amity/Enmity
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-08 03:00 PM EDT (US)     1975 / 2270       
The most efficent way of making a unit invisible is replicating the (time-consuming) Invisible Tile Trick by Berserker Jerker.

Why you should play AoE3
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-08 09:25 PM EDT (US)     1976 / 2270       
Thanks Red.

Yeah, I learnt the taunt system a couple days ago. And that damage thing I can live without.

I was making a scenario where civilians weren't killed but were made out to be, so that they could keep their name. Eg: Civilian Health = 10% give Player 1 some credits for the kill etc.
But obviously that cannot happen. So I gave up on that "Names" thing and now I just make em respawn a minute later with their normal names. However I do need some assistance with GeniEd2. I want to make some vehicles garrisonable, but I have no idea where to start. I see the garrison limit but I know there is something else.

Any experienced editors around that can help me?

Thanks again Tappaz
Sierra Wolf
Omega
(id: Rossk)
posted 07-12-08 03:22 PM EDT (US)     1977 / 2270       
I'm trying to figure out the ammo system using Astro's Ammo Template. After doing some research I decided to use Ultimate RPG AI instead of the Immobile RPG Mega included in the template.

I'm trying to figure all this out myself by looking at the triggers used in Astro's Ammo Template. It's confusing me, though. First of all, I don't even know if this is the best one to learn from. Second, I'm really confused about certain things in that template. Mainly the Data Building and the random units in the corner of the map. =/

EDIT: Ok, I've figured it out myself I think. I've got it to where you can pick up the weapon, and when you type in 2, you can use it and have the better attack. Then if you type 1, you switch back to the regular gun. And to make it so when you run out of ammo you can't use the gun, I made it so each time you shoot it not only takes away from you, but adds to another player, so when that player has the amount of the resource you originally had, it changes alliances (I did this because just making it have 0 for P1 didn't seem to work...).

Now what I need help on is something I'm not sure can be fixed. How can you make it so it takes away the resource RIGHT when you shoot, instead of starting when the object has its target? When I was playing around with it, if the character was in range when I first told him to attack it would work fine, but if I told him to attack and he was out of range of the enemy, it starts taking away resources right then. =/

Sierra Wolf

[This message has been edited by Sierra Wolf (edited 07-12-2008 @ 04:15 PM).]

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
posted 07-13-08 00:42 AM EDT (US)     1978 / 2270       
To anwser Tappaz's question the simple anwser is I can't. However there is a better place where you can probably get your anwser. That question really belongs in the Modpack discussion section under the modding help thread. Hopefully you can get your anwser there!

Rossk, I am afraid I really can't help you that much either. You seem to have very advanced knowledge of the interfacing of the Ai with the ammo system. However their just isn't a condition (beside the one you mentioned) that really has the detectability you want. The only thing you could possibly do is just have a trigger that takes away amo after the unit is killed (Assuming that you measure out how many shots of amo it takes to kill the unit before hand). This could lead to the error of a player being able to kill a unit they were fighting after they ran out of amo, not to mention all that would be very tedious to trigger but that is the only other possiblity.

My question is a bit simpler this time (Oh and thank you for the excellent anwser last time Selur). Is there an AI that doesn't do ANYTHING at all? I mean like an AI even more docile than the AI type "None". So for example if this Ai shared a civilization with a player then the player would be in complete control and not even notice the ai?

Amity/Enmity
tappaz
Clone Trooper
posted 07-13-08 02:57 AM EDT (US)     1979 / 2270       
The only Ai i can think of is the Immobile Ai which you can find in the downloads section. If that's not enuf. Try modifying it to your needs.
Other than that I have no idea.
Lord_Magiku
Clone Trooper
posted 07-15-08 11:40 AM EDT (US)     1980 / 2270       
How you you keep players alive (particularly the human player) when they have nothing on the map? ex: the hero starts in a cutscene, owned by another player

Sith Drummer, Rock On.
The Grey Jedi
Want a conflicting opinion? Join a forum.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 64 65 66 67 68 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames