Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 63 64 65 66 67 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 01-06-08 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1921 / 2270       
Ooh, one more thing, I have a few random Gaia heroes scattered around for players to discover, is there any way I can have a message appear when a hero is discovered?
<Trigger 0>
<Condition 0=If object captured, set object to hero>
<Effect 0=Show instructions(Text)>

I think that's how you do it... I'm away from my XP computer(That's why I'm not making progress on mods right now... Be back soon) so I can't test to see if it works.

Hope I helped.

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?
thepunkguy
Clone Trooper
posted 01-06-08 07:45 PM EDT (US)     1922 / 2270       
While i create my force powers in my new taunt based menu scenario i came to think of using a random system, that will randomly choose between 2 forces.

Example:
Force power one:
The unit will shoot frozen bullets (+att 5)
Active for 1 min. Then the attack add is deducted.

Force power one:
The unit will shoot Fire bullelts (+att 8)
Active for 2 min. Then the attack add is deducted.

The thing is that i like to know how i can make a random system that once i activate my force power it randomly chooses one of these two force powers. But i have no idea how i can make a random system. I hope you can help me, because this could be good for dynamic gameplay.

Is this a possible trick to find a suitable answer for?

Thanks in advance
Sorry If I was too late in replying to this, but yes, there is a way - and its suprisingly easy aswell.
All you need to do is download one of the RPG ai's from this site - personally I reccoment either Ultimate RPG Ai or Immobile RPG Mega V4.
I dont know how knowledgable you are about ai/trigger interactions, so I will try to give you an idea as to how this works, however I think there is an explanation of how to use each section of the RPG ai within the script. Anyway once you have activated the specific ai command using the trigger condition "ai script goal" (the description in the script will tell you specifically which trigger number to use) the ai will randomly send out 1 out of 4 possible values (in the form of an attribute). You will have to then have a trigger for each of the 4 possible numbers which will use an "Accumulate Attribute" condition to detect the ai has given a number (Again you will have to read the descriptions within the script for the amounts of food/nova/ore/carbon that the ai will use for each random number). Then you just attatch whatever your force powers will be as effects for the random number triggers. Since there are 4 random numbers, and you only need two force powers then you will have to have two triggers with the same effect for each power.
As with taunt based systems, make sure you remember to send the resources the ai player has gained to gaia once the ai has fired, and to have the appropriate activation/deactivation of triggers so that bugs do not occur.
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 02-05-08 10:31 AM EDT (US)     1923 / 2270       
Thanks, i do am knowledgable in the taunt based trigger world. I have made some menu's and know of it. But the whole random choice for a force was nice. And im surprised that the AI you tell me can create 4 random numbers when the goal script is activated by the triggers. Well, this might be a bit difficult to understand. Im just typing this while thinking about how it should work. So uhm.. im really thankfully you told me this. I am seriously better off with the whole explaination you gave me while i do have to say i was skilled. But that is another story.

Thanks.

-WizardBoy-

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
(id: master silver)
posted 02-11-08 02:41 PM EDT (US)     1924 / 2270       
How do you make an object indestructable? (no HP but it can still be attacked/selected).

Amity/Enmity
thepunkguy
Clone Trooper
posted 02-12-08 12:55 PM EDT (US)     1925 / 2270       
Use the same trigger setup you would use to heal an object (explained in this article), and then loop that trigger.
Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
(id: master silver)
posted 02-13-08 04:51 PM EDT (US)     1926 / 2270       
Thank you very much. Oh and I have one more question. How do you play/ what is the purpose of Senate games?

Amity/Enmity

[This message has been edited by Red Revolution (edited 02-13-2008 @ 04:53 PM).]

Darth Cracken
Clone Trooper
posted 02-14-08 08:58 PM EDT (US)     1927 / 2270       
OK, I've seen hundreds of scenarios where there is a Star Destroyer, just like the one you get by typing "Imperial Entanglements" in a campaign or random map. How the hell do you put it there?
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 02-15-08 10:39 AM EDT (US)     1928 / 2270       
OK, I've seen hundreds of scenarios where there is a Star Destroyer, just like the one you get by typing "Imperial Entanglements" in a campaign or random map. How the hell do you put it there?
Use this. Simply map copy whichever unit you want into your scenario, and the map copy function gives you the opportunity to change the player it belongs to so that shouldn't be a problem.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 02-15-08 12:37 PM EDT (US)     1929 / 2270       
Thank you very much. Oh and I have one more question. How do you play/ what is the purpose of Senate games?
Senate games are quite different from normal. Generally, you start off on different "planets" around the map, and in the center is the Senate planet (usually Coruscant or something). You periodically meet to discuss things, make decrees, declare war, etc. It's really what you make it, although most Senate games have tons of special triggers and options to help the gameplay along (check out my Senate maps (Galactic Republic Senate) or DK_Hardbody (known here as Hman or Darth Hardbody)'s Senate maps in the Downloads section.)

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions

[This message has been edited by Crazed Ewok (edited 02-15-2008 @ 12:37 PM).]

Tsukai
Clone Trooper
posted 02-20-08 04:44 AM EDT (US)     1930 / 2270       
Hi I have a question, maybe a little stupid but, I just want to know how to do it right.

1. Can we change a few object name with one trigger ?

2. Is there anyhow to make a unit healed, but when it's reach
the maximum health of the unit, it's stop

3. Is there a way to make a unit that created by triggers to
patrol to a destination ?

4. Can we order a unit to garrison a building with trigger ?

That's all I think, for now.
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-08 06:21 PM EDT (US)     1931 / 2270       
In SOTE, Tevious made it so everytime you grab a healthpack, you gain 1 food, but the message "GAIA paid 1 food in tribute to you" is not displayed. How do you do that trick?

NEW QUESTION: When I use certain custom sound files, the game crashes! Why?

Oh, and Tsukai:

1. Yes, if you view the scenario editor from that player's perspective, and you use the change object name trigger, it works like selecting a bunch of the same units at once in game.

2. First, damage the unit's maximum hp number, then damage the unit it's maximum hp in negative numbers.

3. Yes, but you'll need two triggers. Trigger 1 detects where the created unit is and then tasks it. Then, in the next trigger, detect where the unit is tasked to, and task it back.

4. Task the unit (Task Object) to the building.

Selur|"Are you watching closely?
Why you should play AoE3

[This message has been edited by Selur (edited 03-25-2008 @ 02:45 PM).]

Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-27-08 08:27 PM EDT (US)     1932 / 2270       
Well, I do hate to admit the fact that I sorta suck with anything photoshop related. Mostly cause I never use it for anything. Can someone explain in a little more detail how exactly I apply the color scheme to an existing photo so that it can be used as a proper instruction display photo in the campaigns? If it makes any difference I'm using Photoshop CS3 (yes, envy me~! lol)
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-08 08:53 AM EDT (US)     1933 / 2270       
Wrong thread, Darth_Zelus.

That post belongs in "Bitmap Request Thread". I wish I could help you, but I don't know anything about bitmaps. I haven't seen your name around. So welcome to SWGB heaven.

Someone please answer my questions from my prievous post!!

Why you should play AoE3
Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-08 10:10 PM EDT (US)     1934 / 2270       
Bleh, my bad, that's what I get for typing without having slept for a day or 2, hehe. Photoshop sux, seriously. Why the hell can't everything just run out of Paint :P

Edit:

Ok, so now I need some Scenario help. Triggers mainly. I spent an hour or so last night messing with an introduction "movie" for one of my scenarios. Basically, character A and B are having a little convo, then character A is supposed to run off to do what he was just talking about. I

can get the basic scene to happen, but the problem I'm having is that if the characters are controlled by player 1 then they can be moved and it messes with what I want to happen. I can't make it so that they belong to Gaia for the scene, because then not only do I not know how to make the area visible at the start, but the internal-AI automatically creates a base and workers if you have no units or buildings for a certain player.

And while the "freeze unit" option may be logical, I can't seem to make it work.

In short...HELP. I want a scene, 2 chars talking, and I don't want the player to be able to interact with them until the scene is finished.

[This message has been edited by Darth_Zelus (edited 03-29-2008 @ 09:54 AM).]

Arbiter_of_Hal0
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-08 12:20 PM EDT (US)     1935 / 2270       
Okay, Darth Zelus, here's how you do it. Set the character as whatever player you want he/she to be. Then create an Undefeatable Object in the Scen Design menu for player 1. (I think it's found in the Units) Then use a Trigger which should be:
Effect 0: Create object for player 1 (Object Map revealer 8)

Then, when you don't want it to be visible anymore, remove the Object or change it's ownership using triggers.

Make since? Hope I helped.

PS: I'd like Paint over Photoshop too.

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see,
Our war would yeield countless dead, but never victory,
So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath,
Thou in faith will keep us safe whilst we find the path.
-Greeting of the Holy Covenant
Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-08 02:25 PM EDT (US)     1936 / 2270       
Oy...ok, so that part makes sense. Now all I'm not getting is how the hell I make it so that the characters are non-interactive, so that the schmuck playing my scenario can't wander away and ruin the effect, lol.

**side note, OMG schmuck is a real word? the auto-spell didn't correct it...wow**

"Chewie and me got into a lot of pants more heavily guarded than this."

Just one of the many Star Wars lines that can be improved by switching one word for pants
Arbiter_of_Hal0
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-08 02:53 PM EDT (US)     1937 / 2270       
Just change the character's ownership to another player. Like change the ownership from Player 1 to Player 2 for example. (You can change it to any Player and have the same effect, though) And the Undefeatable object will keep Player 1 from spawning those droids and command center.
**side note, OMG schmuck is a real word? the auto-spell didn't correct it...wow**
LMFAO!

Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-08 03:06 PM EDT (US)     1938 / 2270       
BAH..I knew before I asked the question it was going to be like those times I had to call tech-support for my PC. Every time it happens, the answer makes me feel stupid because it's so simple that I should have figured it out myself

And yea, schmuck..who'd have thought it was actually a word :P

Edit:

OMG..look up the word schmuck, lol. I'd write the def, but I probably shouldn't.

Just one of the many Star Wars lines that can be improved by switching one word for pants

[This message has been edited by Darth_Zelus (edited 03-29-2008 @ 03:07 PM).]

Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-08 03:23 PM EDT (US)     1939 / 2270       
The fact this guy's questions are being answered and mine are being ignored is tickin' me off...(gives grin of death)

Why you should play AoE3
Arbiter_of_Hal0
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-08 05:01 PM EDT (US)     1940 / 2270       
Sorry bout that, Selur.
Chances are you've played the sound files in some type of media player. Just copy the file, delet it, and paste a new one with the same name. DO NOT OPEN IT IN ANY MEDIA PLAYER.

Hope that was helpful.

Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-08 05:29 PM EDT (US)     1941 / 2270       
Huh. I tried what ya did and it didn't work. The game still crashed when I started it up with the music triggers.

My friend made my sound files, and I know he got them here, and had to convert their format, but I'm not sure of he used a media player or not.

Why you should play AoE3
Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-08 08:04 PM EDT (US)     1942 / 2270       
It's totally because I'm a "Darth" and you're not, lol. BTW, if anybody figures out what Zelus means I'll be all impressed, most people seem to think it's something I picked randomly :O

Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-08 12:56 PM EDT (US)     1943 / 2270       
WHAT!?! Someone being more arrogant than me in the forum?!? I won't allow it!

Why you should play AoE3
Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-08 02:07 PM EDT (US)     1944 / 2270       
o.O...well it's nothing personal, arrogance is just one of my strong points :P. It's part of the reason I chose the name Darth Zelus. Zelus is a greek god, who among other things personifies the attributes of zeal and rivalry, hehe.

Noobo
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-08 01:50 AM EDT (US)     1945 / 2270       
We'll your gonna have to pit your zeal against the massive ego of Red Revelution.

in00b
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-08 11:24 AM EDT (US)     1946 / 2270       
We'll your gonna have to pit your zeal against the massive ego of Red Revelution
And secondly, he should think about the thread too. If you havent any questions or can't help another out. There is nothing for you to say here. You can say something, but what you can say is not that much.

darktroop3
Clone Trooper
posted 05-06-08 07:09 PM EDT (US)     1947 / 2270       
There is a trigger if you type something it does something else what would the name of that be?
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 05-06-08 07:21 PM EDT (US)     1948 / 2270       
lol, that question is way too general. Can you go into detail?

Why you should play AoE3
darktroop3
Clone Trooper
posted 05-06-08 10:31 PM EDT (US)     1949 / 2270       
Okay say you have to type something in chat to say open a gate that help.
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-08 06:24 AM EDT (US)     1950 / 2270       
Okay say you have to type something in chat to say open a gate that help.
There is no single trigger condition or effect for that. You need a couple of triggers to make it work.

This trigger combination work to open a gate by typing something in chat.

Srigger0
Starting state: on
Cndition:
Accumalate attribute:
Player: Player 2
Quantity: 1
Resource type: Carbon
Effect:
Tribute:
Source player: Player 2
Target player: Gaia
Quantity: 1
Resource type: Carbon
Effect:
Unlock gate (click: "select object" then click the gate, now click "goto object" to verify the gate)

Next, is the AI script.

(defrule
(taunt-detected 1 1)
=>
(acknowledge-taunt 1 1)
(cc-add-resource carbon 1)
)

Now save this AI script under sample.per be sure that it is saved using: File > Save As > enter sample.per as file name
Now select All Files in the dropmenu of Save As Type.

Now make a clear text document. Repeat the progress for saving an AI script. When you need to type the filename write sample.ai this time.

Last thing to do is to add the script to player 2 in the editor.
Also be sure to set some units for both players and the gate that is locked, else you cant test this. When you type enter to open the chatbox and then type the number one: 1 pressing enter once again you will see that the gate have opened.

Good luck, i am quite sure this is what you were asking

[This message has been edited by WizarDBoy (edited 05-07-2008 @ 06:26 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 63 64 65 66 67 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames