Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 61 62 63 64 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
game_designer_VI
Clone Trooper
posted 12-10-06 06:53 AM EDT (US)     1831 / 2270       
hey there everyone!

I'm sorry for being such a newbie but i have a few questions about things I generally don't understand.

1) when I set for gates to lock, I set the object (the gates of course) but the effect is still in red.

2) How can I get units to move without command?

3) How can I stop units from moving? (So far I've been using a "change diplomacy" method for my battlezones but it's not ideal)

4) When I use the "Kill unit" effect, what is the "set area" for?

5) does anyone know any good agressive modpacks for large warzones? When I create them, often a bunch of units just stay separated and they won't kill each other

6) how can I make it so that when my leader is killed the game is lost?

7) How can I get the "bring object to area" trigger to work for all my units like in the campaigns?

(phew) that's all for now. I'm sorry, but if yoiu could answer I'd be really really really really grateful.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by game_designer_VI (edited 12-10-2006 @ 06:55 AM).]

StuckInDaSouf16
Clone Trooper
posted 12-10-06 11:23 PM EDT (US)     1832 / 2270       
I have some questions

1. my music wont play, but I borrow it from other campaigns so it has to be formatted right. What's the deal?

2. I have the same problem as the guy above me, I'm not sure how to use immobile ai yet. If somebody would through that for me it would be appreciated.

3. How do I make a star wars opening where it scrolls down like in the moveies?

Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 12-11-06 10:15 AM EDT (US)     1833 / 2270       
1) when I set for gates to lock, I set the object (the gates of course) but the effect is still in red.

Dunno. I think you have to click "Set Object" and then the gate, and then click the "Go to object" to make sure it works.

2) How can I get units to move without command?

The Task Object effect. You set the object (or use "Set Area" and click and drag around the units you want to move, but they all have to be the same player) and then set the location on the map for where you want them to go.

3) How can I stop units from moving? (So far I've been using a "change diplomacy" method for my battlezones but it's not ideal)

Immobile AI. It's available in many different versions in the download section, and you put it in the AI folder within your SWGB directory. Then while in the editor, go to the players tab, select the other computer players, then on the bottom right there should be a tab where you can change them to Immobile.

4) When I use the "Kill unit" effect, what is the "set area" for?

"Set Area" is so you can choose which area on the map you want to kill the object in (ie. if you created the object through triggers, it'll allow you to kill that object when it gets to a certain area.) Set area, once again, is used by clicking and dragging, and then use the "Go to Area" button to verify you did it correctly.

5) does anyone know any good agressive modpacks for large warzones? When I create them, often a bunch of units just stay separated and they won't kill each other

There is an Aggressive AI (I think it comes with the game) where if there are units of one player being attacked, all the other units will start moving towards the fight to join in. I think.

6) how can I make it so that when my leader is killed the game is lost?

There's a condition called "Destroy Object". Set the unit to the leader, and then make the effect Declare Victory, and then set the player to anyone other than Player 1.

7) How can I get the "bring object to area" trigger to work for all my units like in the campaigns?

You want ALL your units? I'd suggest "Objects in Area" instead of "Bring object to area". Objects in area allows for more units to be in the area for the desired effect.

1. my music wont play, but I borrow it from other campaigns so it has to be formatted right. What's the deal?

Sometimes some PCs won't play the music. I know my other PC won't play tracks within SWGB. You'll have to convert them, likely. There is a convertor in this file.

2. I have the same problem as the guy above me, I'm not sure how to use immobile ai yet. If somebody would through that for me it would be appreciated.

Quoted from earlier in the post:

while in the editor, go to the players tab, select the other computer players, then on the bottom right there should be a tab where you can change them to Immobile.

3. How do I make a star wars opening where it scrolls down like in the moveies?

Trigger work. It's done with the Display Instructions and Clear Instructions effects. It's hard to exactly explain how to do it, but it's fairly simple to figure out on your own.

Whoa.
AllEyezOnMe7
Clone Trooper
posted 12-13-06 11:48 PM EDT (US)     1834 / 2270       
How do u take pictures in the scenario

what is the print screen button?

sorry for stupid questions

[This message has been edited by AllEyezOnMe7 (edited 12-14-2006 @ 07:20 PM).]

Boba Fettuccini
Culinary Mandalorian
posted 12-14-06 00:02 AM EDT (US)     1835 / 2270       
the 'print screen' key. then, go into wherever you have the game installed, go into the 'game' folder, then into the 'screenshots' folder, and your picture will be there.

Boba Fettuccini
(¯ (_) (_ | (\| (-\ (¯\ / ----- (\/| (-\ (\| |¯) (-\ (_ (¯) (¯\ | (-\ (\|
Slow dancing is more fun when you treat it like bumper cars.

Boba-Fettuccini.com - Music, Comics, and a Really Swell Guy
Delta62
Clone Trooper
posted 12-27-06 09:06 PM EDT (US)     1836 / 2270       
I need help doing cut scenes, like in "Fett chronicles".
¿How I create it? Please, if someone can tell me Step-by-step, I will be pleased, and how i can make the characters talk? Again, like in "Fett chronicles".
Sorry for my bad english.

[This message has been edited by Delta62 (edited 12-27-2006 @ 09:15 PM).]

compactmac
Clone Trooper
posted 12-28-06 10:26 AM EDT (US)     1837 / 2270       
does anyone know how to make there be chat? i choose "Chat" as an effect, choose a player its coming from, I dont choose any MP3 files but when the Trigger is fired in the game, there is no chat. Any ideas? (it's for my Last of the CIS campaign)
Sir Orion
Clone Trooper
posted 01-24-07 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1838 / 2270       
I have a simple question about the policies of using others' sounds, music, etc.

Do I have to ask the original maker/poster of the files or are they free game?

I would really like to know this, and I thank anyone who would give me some insight.

__|__
|
|
(<<<<<SWGBH Wiika>>>>> )
"It is better to fail with honor
than to succeed by fraud."
-Sophocles

[This message has been edited by Sir Orion (edited 01-24-2007 @ 07:20 PM).]

THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
(id: The Real Bryl)
posted 02-17-07 06:06 AM EDT (US)     1839 / 2270       
You can use other people's sounds in your campaign, but I would advise keeping the same name and crediting them.

The "Real" Bryl
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
Sir Orion
Clone Trooper
posted 02-26-07 09:07 PM EDT (US)     1840 / 2270       
Thanks Bryl, I'm glad someone actully reads these.

BTW what does "keeping the same name" mean? Do you mean the name of the sound?

__|__
|
|
(<<<<<SWGBH Wiika>>>>> )
-Sophocles
THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
posted 02-27-07 11:59 AM EDT (US)     1841 / 2270       
Yeah.

The "Real" Bryl

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
d_a_n_kendal
Clone Trooper
posted 03-22-07 12:02 PM EDT (US)     1842 / 2270       
again, someone is in need of help, and this time it is me. i need to know how to make explosion triggers.

anyone?
thank you

THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
posted 03-22-07 12:51 PM EDT (US)     1843 / 2270       
Trigger 1,

Effect 1: Create Object: Explosion Trigger

Effect 2: Kill Object: Explosion Trigger.

The "Real" Bryl

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
CC_1119
Clone Trooper
posted 03-22-07 06:36 PM EDT (US)     1844 / 2270       
i'm a terrible newb to this game, so i jsut have 2 measly questions

1. How can i copy large platoons of soldiers in "Scenario" i select the forty troops i want to copy, but ctrl+c doesn't work

2. I'd like to make elite troops, like advancing their damage and health quantities, i select the trigger, effect, then i click done, but i have no idea what i'm doing, a simple explanation would help alot

help a newb in need!

Sir Orion
Clone Trooper
posted 03-22-07 10:43 PM EDT (US)     1845 / 2270       
Alright CC, you can't use Ctrl+C in the game but you can go to the terrian tab in the senario editor and Select the "Copy Map" option. After a little playing around you can get it from there.

For Number 2 you have to select the "Change Health or Attack" and then select specific unit(s) that you want to upgrade by either using the "Select Unit" button on the far right of the options scren or use the unit type on the left side.

Hope I Helped.

-Sir Orion

__|__
|
|
(<<<<<SWGBH Wiika>>>>> )
-Sophocles
Tsukai
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-07 10:30 AM EDT (US)     1846 / 2270       
Sorry for another silly question, but this is really important for my campaign.

1. It's about "place foundation"

a. what is this trigger's function?
b. is this the trigger that used by lucas art in wookies campaign level 2? (When we found the abbandoned wookie base, there's a monument's foundation placed and the workers start working it)

2. In the menu bar, there's cinematic tab, what is the function of this tab

3. When I use the kill object trigger in an area, it's crashed the game, the same as damage object (in area)

4. What is the diference between 'Freeze Object' and 'Stop Object'? And if i want a specific unit to stand still, which trigger should I use?

5. Can I copy a trigger, cause it's frustating when you want to create many troops with trigger or destroy many objects as condition.

6. What is trigger 'turn input on' and 'off'?

[This message has been edited by Tsukai (edited 03-28-2007 @ 10:37 AM).]

Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-07 02:18 PM EDT (US)     1847 / 2270       
Well, I can't answer all the questions but I hope I can help you kinda half at it. `

Quote:

is this the trigger that used by lucas art in wookies campaign level 2? (When we found the abbandoned wookie base, there's a monument's foundation placed and the workers start working it)

Exactly

Quote:

In the menu bar, there's cinematic tab, what is the function of this tab

You can add a bitmap in there or a video to appear at the beggining before start playing your campaign (Any image you want to place at the beggining of your campaign must be paletted and sized correctly 'I can say you donno how to do that so you can learn from a tutorial in Here or make a request in that same thread' After the image is ready you must place it in your SWGB Game folder. You can also insert a small video it must be .avi and must be in your Game/Avi folder.

Quote:

Can I copy a trigger, cause it's frustating when you want to create many troops with trigger or destroy many objects as condition.

Normaly, that can't be done but I know that someone began working on a way to do that, until what I know it just works for SWGB by now, not CC yet. But not really sure.. you can check the Scenario Design recent threads and look for more information.

I'm not really sure about the other questions, but hope I helped a little

*-------Vandaliser--------*
(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*¨88¨*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
---The Movie's Game Begins---
Member Of FLD
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-07 06:30 PM EDT (US)     1848 / 2270       

Quote:

3. When I use the kill object trigger in an area, it's crashed the game, the same as damage object (in area)

Answer: The only things I can tell you to do to fix this is to make sure the effect is set up exactly how you want it, and that it kills the right units of the right player/damages the right player. Also, attempting to damage/kill a large number of units at once is also a possible cause of the game crashing.

Quote:

4. What is the diference between 'Freeze Object' and 'Stop Object'? And if i want a specific unit to stand still, which trigger should I use?

The Stop Object effect stops the object if it is moving. (Like you can stop the character's unit from moving if he walks towards a certain spot.)

Freeze Object simply changes the unit's stance to "Stand Ground".

Quote:

6. What is trigger 'turn input on' and 'off'?

They don't do anything. They were left over in the editor, and LucasArts either never came around to fixing them, or removing them.

Whoa.
hyperlion
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-07 05:30 PM EDT (US)     1849 / 2270       
I have a couple of questions:

I'm making a really difficult campaign about the Republic war effort around the Alzoc 3 area, and I've been needing to use a lot of triggers etc:

1) 'Place foundation' I just tested the campaign, but when I got to this point the command centre appeared already built. Was this a bug, or a systematic error?

2) The computer likes scouting with scouts and fighters, but I need the scout for a speeder bike chase. I tried Stop unit, but it doesn't always work - is there an AI to stop this?

Okay, maybe more than a couple...

3) I've noticed that whenever you give a 'hard' difficulty lots of units, those units freely wander the map (sometimes) and also rush in if you attack 1 unit of that player. Is there anyway to stop that?

4) 'Failsafe' triggers of the type:

Trigger 1: Activate Trigger 2 | Activate Triiger 3
Trigger 2: [e.g. taunt input] Output effect | Deactivate Trigger 3
Trigger 3: Timer [e.g. 20 seconds] Deactivate Trigger 2

don't work because if you wait 5 seconds before activating T2, the next time you activate T1 the T3 timer is down to 15 seconds. Is there any way to avoid this, reset them?

5) Finally, is there a way to stop the computer resigning - like when you stick a scout in a corner and he reisgns after about 20 minutes, AND/OR a way to stop player 1 resigning with no units? I've seen this last done (or thought I had) in loads of conversation-campaigns and it really stuffs the realism if you have one scout in a corner for the whole game...

Please help!

Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-07 06:08 PM EDT (US)     1850 / 2270       

Quote:

1) 'Place foundation' I just tested the campaign, but when I got to this point the command centre appeared already built. Was this a bug, or a systematic error?

You need to lay down "Undefeatable Objects" for each player. The game automatically puts a Command Center, a scout, and 3 workers for each player, if other units are not present on the map. The Undefeatable Object is what fixes this.

Quote:

2) The computer likes scouting with scouts and fighters, but I need the scout for a speeder bike chase. I tried Stop unit, but it doesn't always work - is there an AI to stop this?

Yes there is. Here. Any of the "Immobile" AIs will do the trick. After you place one of these in the appropriate folder, you go to the "Players" tab in the scenario editor, and set "Personality" to the AI you just put in the AI folder.

Quote:

3) I've noticed that whenever you give a 'hard' difficulty lots of units, those units freely wander the map (sometimes) and also rush in if you attack 1 unit of that player. Is there anyway to stop that?

I believe that the AI may clear that up. Other than that, I have no idea.

Quote:

4) 'Failsafe' triggers of the type:

Trigger 1: Activate Trigger 2 | Activate Triiger 3
Trigger 2: Output effect | Deactivate Trigger 3
Trigger 3: Timer Deactivate Trigger 2

don't work because if you wait 5 seconds before activating T2, the next time you activate T1 the T3 timer is down to 15 seconds. Is there any way to avoid this, reset them?

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to do with this, other than it is using taunts.

Quote:

5) Finally, is there a way to stop the computer resigning - like when you stick a scout in a corner and he reisgns after about 20 minutes, AND/OR a way to stop player 1 resigning with no units? I've seen this last done (or thought I had) in loads of conversation-campaigns and it really stuffs the realism if you have one scout in a corner for the whole game...

The Undefeatable Object will clear this one up, too.

Whoa.
hyperlion
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-07 10:12 AM EDT (US)     1851 / 2270       
Thanks for taking the time to help. It seems to work OK now.

The trigger part - I shouldn't have put that in, I was just being stupid:

Trigger 1: Activate Trigger 2 | Activate Trigger 3
Trigger 2: Output effect | Deactivate Trigger 3
Trigger 3: Timer Deactivate Trigger 2

is what I had.
Because T2 cannot be a timer (then T3 would be pointless) then there's no need to deactivate T3 - by the time it fires the T2 effect will already have happened. So if I take 25 out of 30 (T3)seconds to use the trigger, I should just let T3 run its course - and next time I use it it will be reset.

Bad Example then. Here's a better one:

Trigger 1: Condition (unspec) | Effect Activate T2, T3
Trigger 2: Timer (e.g. 30) | Effect Deactivate T4
Trigger 3: Condition (unspec, e.g. object to area) Effect Activate T4
Trigger 4 (looping): Timer 5 | Create object (eg droideka)

So it creates droidekas until your time runs out as per T2.

Say that it takes you 22 seconds to Activate T3. Then you'll get 1 droideka, at 27 seconds. At 30 seconds, the trigger will deactivate, so that in only 2 more seconds (32) ytou would have got another droideka but you won't now. T4 is now stuck at 2-seconds-to-next-droideka so that the next time Trigger 1 is activated (if T1 hasn't got that possibility then there's no problem) the first droideka will come out only 2 seconds after T4 activates.

It's a trivial example, but it could easily be made more important. I'd need to reset it to 5 seconds again. Any ideas?

Edit: One last annoying question: How do you stop the Hard AI changing alliances?

[2nd] Edit: Once again it seems like I've wasted everyone's time...I found a solution to the trigger thing, you just set it up with something like this:

T2 Effect: [NOT Deactivate T4 but] Activate T5
T4 alteration, new effect: Create Object [in some corner] | Activate T6
T6: Condition timer 2 Effect Remove created object
T5: Condition Objects in area (created object in that area) Effect Deactivate T4.

The Alliances Q, though, I really do need help with...anyone?

[This message has been edited by hyperlion (edited 03-31-2007 @ 02:29 PM).]

Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
(id: master silver)
posted 04-15-07 10:07 AM EDT (US)     1852 / 2270       
How do I make a trigger that when a player enters a taunt to the AI it heals their unit fully? (The unit is a jedi master)Thank you for your help.

Amity/Enmity
hyperlion
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-07 01:32 PM EDT (US)     1853 / 2270       
That's been answered quite a few times... you need an AI to detect taunts, like the Ultimate RPG AI. (you could even cut out all the bits except for one if you're using just the one taunt, e.g.

; Start
(defrule
(true)
=>
(set-goal 3 0)
(disable-self)
)

; Activate taunts
(defrule
(event-detected trigger 6)
=>
(set-goal 3 1)
(acknowledge-event trigger 6)
)

; Taunt 1
(defrule
(taunt-detected 1 1)
(goal 3 1)
=>
(acknowledge-taunt 1 1)
(cc-add-resource food 1)
(cc-add-resource nova 20)
(set-goal 3 2)
)

Put the AI in the Game/AI folder.

and then you set up your triggers like:

First: say you can only heal the unit when it's selected. You don't have to but if you don't want to use it work the relevant bit out.
Second: I'm not sure how important the AI script goal is. Sorry. At least the stuff below works, even if it isn't exactly elegant. But no-one else has answered...

Make sure Player (N) can't gather resources! You might want to create a new player with an undefeatable object just for this purpose.

Trigger 1:
Looping OFF (you could have this on and ignore T2 Effect 5)
Condition 0: Object selected (Jedi Master)
Effect 0: AI script goal 6, Player (N)
Effect 1: Activate Trigger 2
Effect 2: Activate Trigger 3

Trigger 2:
Looping OFF
Condition 0: Accumulate Attribute Player (N) food=1
Condition 1: Accumulate Attribute Player (N) nova=20
Condition 2: Object selected (jedi master)
Effect 0: Deactivate Trigger 3
Effect 1: Tribute Player (N) to GAIA food=1
Effect 2: Tribute Player (N) to GAIA nova=20
Effect 3: Damage Object (jedi master) = max hit points
Effect 4: Damage Object (jedi master) = -max hit points
[this minus sign has to be copied and pasted from somewhere else, like the messages section. DO NOT open that effect afterwards because the program will detect the minus and reset to 0, forcing you to set it up again. Label it on the trigger menu!]
Effect 5: Activate Trigger 1

Instead of this, if you want a condition before you can reactivate this heal, you MUST have T1 looping OFF and simply Activate another trigger with this Effect, which has the correct conditions, and an effect to activate T1 again. Like a timer for a jedi, or whatever.

Trigger 3: (anti - bug trigger. not sure about it. won't have any bad effects if you put it in though. It's to prevent someone from activating Trigger 1 but then not typing in a taunt until the jedi isn't selected anymore. If the selection isn't important, just use Trigger 2 without Condition 2, and ignore Trigger 3 here. Remember I don't know about the AI script goal... if it is permanently activated or not important you need this anti-bug on all the time, as below.
Looping ON
Condition 0: Accumulate Attribute Player (N) food=1
Condition 1: Accumulate Attribute Player (N) nova=20
Effect 1: Tribute Player (N) to GAIA food=1
Effect 2: Tribute Player (N) to GAIA nova=20

You COULD have this on all the time, in which case you don't need to bother with T1 Effect 2, BUT you'd have to add an Effect 6: Activate Trigger 3 at the end of T2.

I hope that sorts things out. If not, search for 'heal' or 'bacta' or somesuch in the forums.

Question of my own:

Regerneration works very well with jedi masters and garrisoned units but is there any way of using triggers (probably with an AI) to accomplish the same effect?

(I mean so that it doesn't go over the max. hit. points limit, and you don't know beforehand how damaged it is.)

Roland Darc
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-07 11:06 PM EDT (US)     1854 / 2270       
Is there anyway anyone could do a mod pack for my 300 scenario I have an awesome greece on a giant map but I really wanted something for spartan look a likes and xerxes. It would be a huge favor.
hyperlion
Clone Trooper
posted 04-24-07 01:31 PM EDT (US)     1855 / 2270       
Mod request = not a good idea. Read the rules and kick yourself... You can always read the guides and start yourself; chances are other people will be worried about their own projects more. Added to that, campaign-specific units are just not worth the effort (in most cases) and show a lack of creativity... as well as trying to shoehorn incompat. games together (sorry halo conversion! no insult intended as FPS =|= RTS => different strats)
Tsukai
Clone Trooper
posted 04-28-07 11:16 AM EDT (US)     1856 / 2270       
This is my second question about trigger.

I've played Captain Panaka's STAR WARS - The original trilogy, the one I want to ask is...

1.a) When Luke skywalker came to Bespin and fight Vader, he must fight Vader to appear the power droid to unlock thegate, what is the trigger that Captain Panaka Use ?

This one came from the Wookiee campaign scenario 1

1.b) When we damaged enough to the Trandoshan building, there's some wookiees that recruited, what kind of Trigger or Trick that Lucas Art use ?

2) Is there any trigger that useable to create this conditions

A) If this unit HP is ... activated a trigger / If this
unit deals ... damaged to this unit activated a trigger

B) If this player kills @ ... Kills, display instruction
( Mega Kills ) and will be done like that again if he
kills the exact number [ loop ]
( Like in Star wars battle front )

That's all for now but maybe more of them later, thanks for the help before. May the Force be with you all

[This message has been edited by Tsukai (edited 04-28-2007 @ 11:23 AM).]

hyperlion
Clone Trooper
posted 04-28-07 12:01 PM EDT (US)     1857 / 2270       
1(a) I haven't played this, so I can't help. Too many different possibilities involved. An object has target trigger might be easy to cheat with. If the fight goes as a time limit or in stages just use an object in area or timer (as long as it can't go wrong, so more likely object in area). I don't know if projectile detection would work with short-range lightsabers either. <shrugs>
(b) They 'cheated' by garrisoning units inside the building. At a certain % of max HP it bursts into flame and lets out all garrisoned units. Then they changed the alliances of the wookiee units, and flashed them if I remember right.

2.(a) Don't know. Certain Úmage activates flames on buildings so it should be possible but I don't know how to do it. I'd really like to find this out - convoy missions come to mind, but its very useful generally.
(b) Easier than you think. Accumulate Attribute (kills) works fine. You can't loop the trigger without 'dumping' the kill count which I don't know how to do, so you're stuck with repeating the trigger up to a large number of kills. Kill 20, display instr. "cool" or whatever, kill 40, disp instr; etc. Boring, but as long as the scenario doesn't go on for 10 hours you should be able to cover it. Just imagine all the work that goes into dialogues - esp interactive ones, and esp ones that try to stamp out bugs!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, y'know?

Why does taunt 5 crash the computer?

Tsukai
Clone Trooper
posted 04-30-07 09:21 AM EDT (US)     1858 / 2270       
Hmmm I don't know if taunt 5 could crash the game, ting tong another question in the forum

1) If this unit die, create object / unit with Hp less than 100%

2) If this Cannon deployed, create a unit

hyperlion
Clone Trooper
posted 05-04-07 05:05 PM EDT (US)     1859 / 2270       
2) Own Objects (player the cannon belongs to) cannon might work because 'undeployed cannon' and 'cannon' are seperate units. Adjust to taste. effect is, of course, create unit. That isn't perfect of course.

Another option is, which only works when the cannon is going to target something specific (but has the advantage of only using that cannon) is:

Trigger 1 looping on starting state on: Condition 0: object has target (cannon, target) Effect 0: Activate Trigger 2 Effect 1: Deactivate Trigger 3 Effect 2: Deactivate Trigger 4
Trigger 2 looping off starting state off: Condition 0: timer 12 (or 13, the cannon deploy time) Effect 0: Activate Trigger 3 Effect 1: Activate Trigger 4
Trigger 3 looping off starting state off: Condition 0: Oject has target (cannon, same target) Effect 0: Deactivate Trigger 4 Effect 1: Create unit (what,wher-ever you want)
Trigger 4 looping off starting state off: Condition 0: Timer (2 or 3) Effect 0: Deactivate Trigger 3.

There may be a slight problem there: if you want it bug-proof you need a chain of timers instead of timer 12 for trigger 2. The reason is that if you activate the object has target trigger but immediately back off, the next time you activate the timer will have already ticked down a bit. See this problem in above messages in the thread. I.e:
Trigger 2a starting off loop off: condition 0 timer 1 effect 0 activate trigger 2b
Trigger 2b starting off loop off: condition 0 timer 1 effect 0 activate trigger 2c
Trigger 2l starting off loop off: condition 0 timer 1 effect 0 activate trigger 3 effect 1 activate trigger 4

And then have Trigger 1: effect deactivate all of these, from 2a to 2b, THEN activate 2a again. I hope this would work.

Oh - you might want to extend the 12/13 timer if the cannon has to actually approach from somewhere. An object in area sub-trigger with that object could help everything along. I.e. you could have a loop on trigger condition object in area (cannon in range of set building) effect activate trigger 1 (aforementioned). Or some other set-up of your choosing.

1) Errr...Condition kill object, effect 0 create unit effect 1 damage object. This should be near-instantaneous. I don't know about creating objects which look like they have 100% green health but have 7 hit points (or whatever), though.

repeat: why does taunt 5 crash the game?
New Question: Is there any way of making sure a certain prefab shelter appears in scenario - say you're using map copy to string together some prefabs and it only looks right with one type of that civ's prefabs.

[This message has been edited by hyperlion (edited 05-04-2007 @ 05:27 PM).]

Darth_Noobo
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-07 07:48 AM EDT (US)     1860 / 2270       
I've got a really weird problem...

Whenever i set patrol and do a street theme everything walks BUT stam reath (who i changed name to citizen in the same and different trigger) WONT MOVE

WHATS HAPPEND?

"I'm living in a dream I can't wake from."
-Spike Spiegel
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 61 62 63 64 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames