Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 59 60 61 62 63 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-08-06 03:27 PM EDT (US)     1801 / 2270       
Thanks Bandon, that worked!
Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 05:54 AM EDT (US)     1802 / 2270       
That worked ?
All right. I believed that your problem was more serious...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 12:38 PM EDT (US)     1803 / 2270       
Seedron, thanks for replying. Bendack suggestion worked at first, but I made a few small changes to my campaign and now its happening again. Since you seem knowledgeable about whatever the problem is, I'd appreciate your help.

As to your first question, there are eleven scenarios. In case you need to know, each has between 50 and 100 triggers, except for two short ones that have around 30 and a long one that has 170. I currently have sixteen mods installed. I don't know if that matters either but I though it best to tell you as much information as I can. After reading Bendack's suggestion I removed all campaigns from campaign folder except for the 8 ones that came with the game and my own. I hope this helps you help me, and thanks again. You're a lifesaver!

Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 09:22 AM EDT (US)     1804 / 2270       
Bendack is Bandon ?

I'm very busy (I'm a student) so I only can go to the SWGBH forums sometimes in the week-end. Sorry, but I don't have a lot of time to write an answer.

There is this bug in the game as regards unlocking scenarios on compiled campaigns : you must know that even if it works with you, it may not work with other users. In that case, other users should do what Bandon said. But if it already doesn't work with you, no users will unlock scenarios. I know that if a campaign is composed of many scenarios, it often increases the fact that your problem appears.
What you can do :
-Make a campaign with your scenarios without special order and play the campaign. Does that unlock the second scenario ? Does that unlock the third scenario ?...
Then, compile your scenarios in another orders. By this way, you can find the "bad" scenario and modify it.(rename, copy and paste,...)
-Make your campaign using CAMPAIGN MANAGER but all your scenarios will be unlocked. You can find the program in the SWGB Design Kit on the Utilities section.
-Remove the recent changes you've made. I really don't think that triggers or mods generate that problem. Nevertheless, if you use different bitmaps at the instruction screen of each scenario, it generates the problem.
-Do what Bandon said.

I hope this will help you altough this is not a very detailed solution.

Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 08:35 PM EDT (US)     1805 / 2270       
Seedron: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

After finding the "bad" scenarios, as you put it, I renamed their filenames and then compiled my scenarios again. It worked perfectly. I'm gonna post the campaign tomorrow only because I don't feel like writing the whole campaign description out tonight...

Don't feel bad if your too busy to post often or at all. You've done enough for me already. I put you in the credits of my campaign (in the "victory message" after the final scenario) to thank you for all the help you gave me.

Oh, and BTW, Bendak is certainly NOT Bandon. I simply mixed up their names in my haste to post my plea for help. My apologies to all.

Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 09-15-06 03:08 PM EDT (US)     1806 / 2270       

Quote:

I put you in the credits of my campaign.

[This message has been edited by Moff Seedron (edited 09-15-2006 @ 03:10 PM).]

WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-17-06 11:50 AM EDT (US)     1807 / 2270       
There needs to be a Faq cause we get questions here that are too easy. Therefore you should list here the common questions so people could look through the list if there is a question already asked. In that way they will immediately see the answer there and saves up a reply in this topic. Else they have to wait for people to react which takes time and is not very good if this is a topic that needs to be helpful for starters.

Think about this.. Please have a look at this page, its of another game. But you'll see there the list of questions that are asked over time. They might be useful here too.

Faq scenario design aok: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,33254,0,10

Although its less useful for SWGB its far more better then no info!

Thanks in advance

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
Echuu Shen Jon13
Clone Trooper
posted 09-21-06 12:48 PM EDT (US)     1808 / 2270       
Well, here's my problem. One of my maps is 99% dome, only the Boss Battle is left...and I can't think of any ideas! Can someone help?

Environment: Mining Base Supply Room
Battle: between Ki-Adi-Mundi and a Dark Jedi

[ New Project Coming Soon...]
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 09-21-06 03:37 PM EDT (US)     1809 / 2270       
Mining base, eh? Machinery accidents happen all the time in mines due to dangerous machinery. Maybe you could do something where the dark jedi has WAY to much HP for Mundi to fight normally, and you have to lure him near pieces of mining equipment that would harm him somehow. Like, you could put down some droid control programs, rename them "dynamite containers" and if the dark jedi gets too close an explosion trigger goes off and damages him. Or, if there are rocks in a room, set up triggers so that Mundi could force push them into the dark jedi. Or a combo of both; if you lead the dark jedi down a certain hallway and set of dynamite containers it causes a cave in and the dark jedi is crushed by rocks that "fall" by using the create object trigger. Wow, that's a lot of rambling right there but I hope any of these ideas helps you in some way. Good luck, you know I'm looking forward to the campaign!
Echuu Shen Jon13
Clone Trooper
posted 09-21-06 03:42 PM EDT (US)     1810 / 2270       
Thank you! I'll be using those!

GuessWhosBack17
Clone Trooper
posted 10-01-06 01:37 AM EDT (US)     1811 / 2270       
Here's a quick question. I have a unit that is created when i select something. it replaces the main character as if saying thats the new main character. I need to have that new main character be able to garrison in bunkers so he can go from area to area. Can this be done?

P.S.
opening sound still doesnt work. starting state is on, looping is on, etc. I dont see why it wont play. what would be the best condition to have it on?

[This message has been edited by GuessWhosBack17 (edited 10-01-2006 @ 01:41 AM).]

NickBarry
Clone Trooper
posted 10-01-06 04:12 PM EDT (US)     1812 / 2270       
That is a very complicated, but can be done very easily with time. A while ago, I made a map that incleded a subway. Make completely new units outside of the new bunker but make them an AI player until you need them. Once the old heroes enter thwe bunker, mke them AI too. It took me a while to perfect it, but it worked well in the end. If you don't understyand my instructions, e-m,ail me at itsnickbarry@aol.com and I'll send you the map I made so you can examine the triggers.
THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
(id: The Real Bryl)
posted 10-02-06 12:01 PM EDT (US)     1813 / 2270       
If you're creating new units that you want garrison'd, make it so at the start there is already the unit that will replace the main character inside the bunker. If you see what I mean.

I might write a guide for all the little tricks. People need to know how all the 'famous' designers made their scenarios so fun to play.

The "Real" Bryl
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
Echuu Shen Jon13
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-06 02:08 PM EDT (US)     1814 / 2270       
I'm needing some tips on a Kaleesh Civilization/Village.
What kind of units I can put in there?

Here's more about them:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaleesh

Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-06 03:42 PM EDT (US)     1815 / 2270       
Kaleesh? We're dealin' with Grievous's species then, right? The article you linked to described them as reptilian with redish brown scales. Trandoshan units are obviously reptilian, but are the wrong color...

My suggestion, then is to use the GE hero unit Bossk. He is indeed a trandoshan but, unlike most of them, has brown skin. He is the only unit in the game that comes to my mind. Unless you plan to use mods.

BTW, I saw your in your campaign showcase that you're going to take a break from Chronicles of War :-(

What kind of side project are you planning on working on?

Echuu Shen Jon13
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-06 04:18 PM EDT (US)     1816 / 2270       
Yes, I'm making another minor project...but don't worry. Chronicles will be finished.

I can't tell you yet what's the project, try to discover and you gain a cookie.

Zackeous
Clone Trooper
posted 10-07-06 07:42 PM EDT (US)     1817 / 2270       
Hello all. I'm new to scenario design, I'm having a blast creating this stuff, but as can be imaganed I'm having problems too. One of the "themes" going on in a particular scenario are holocrons that provide high resource tributes to players, but I'm also sending out holocrons that are "rigged" to blow up/take out buildings and units when brought to a base.

I've been testing different triggers together, and I can simplify specific buildings, but for randomness, do I have to set area to say the whole base size? If so, would I have to make individual trigger sets for each player? Sorry if this is vague?

I'm also trying to make the holocron dissappear with kill object and remove object. My set building will blow up when the holocron is brought to it, but I can't get the holocron to dissappear as an effect of being blown up with the building.

right now I'm using this...
Trigger 0
Loop off, Start on
Condition: bring object to object(unit to holocron)
effect: activate trigger 1

Trigger 1
Loop off, start on
Condition: bring object to object(unit carrying holo to building)
effect: activate trigger 2

Trigger 2
Loop off, start off
Condition: Timer 5
effect: Kill object ( player 1 building, sith temple)
effect2: activate trigger 3

Trigger 3
loof off, start on
Condition: Timer 1
effect: kill object (holocron)

I can't get the holocron to die/ disappear. I've also tried the kill object(holocron) as an effect in Trigger 2, but to no avail. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been answered on this thread before, I've been looking for something similar but haven't found it, although I'm still searching the threads. Sorry for the essay!

Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 10-10-06 03:54 PM EDT (US)     1818 / 2270       
Ok, Zackeous I think I have a solution for you. You don't need to make any major changes, just tweak the triggers here and there.

First, trigger 1 needs to be set to "start off" Otherwise your sith temple will explode anytime your unit goes to the temple, not only when he's carrying the rigged holocron.

Next, delete trigger three and make it again the same way except use the remove object effect. Now, instead of using the select object tool, click on "set area". Highlight the area just around the temple (only the area where the holocron may appear after the temple is destroyed- the whole map need not be highlighted) Then, click on the object list type bar and select "other". Then go to the object list bar and scroll down until you find "jedi holocron" and click on it. DON'T USE THE SELECT OBJECT TOOL IN THIS TRIGGER! That's very important. I tested these triggers in the scn editor and it worked for me. Let me know if you need any further explaination and good luck!

JackXbox
Clone Trooper
posted 10-15-06 08:19 AM EDT (US)     1819 / 2270       
Ok, I have a question. I sure it cannot be done, but I may as well ask - is it possible to set it so you cannot save your game unless you are in a certain area?

EDIT: Also, is there a way you can put a clock in without having to do it all through triggers?

JackXbox

[This message has been edited by JackXbox (edited 10-15-2006 @ 12:10 PM).]

NickBarry
Clone Trooper
posted 10-18-06 06:52 PM EDT (US)     1820 / 2270       
both, no
Lance O Lot
Clone Trooper
posted 11-06-06 07:28 PM EDT (US)     1821 / 2270       
I have a question = What unit do you guys think is best for using for the invisibility tile?

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
       My Downloads | I m p e r i a l C r e a t i o n s
        Contact Mee Sig Version 1.6

[This message has been edited by Lance O Lot (edited 11-06-2006 @ 07:28 PM).]

Sumo
Clone Trooper
posted 11-07-06 10:10 AM EDT (US)     1822 / 2270       
Explosion trigger found under 'other'.

SUMO
All the bills go by and, initiatives are taken up
By the middle, there ain't gonna be any middle any more
And the cross I'm bearing home, ain't indicative of my place
Left the porch
Left the porch
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 11-07-06 01:21 PM EDT (US)     1823 / 2270       
But be sure to not blow them up accidentally because that will probably let your game crash .

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Lance O Lot
Clone Trooper
posted 11-07-06 04:38 PM EDT (US)     1824 / 2270       
okay thanks. How do you blow them up. Is it just basicly by killing them?

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
Sumo
Clone Trooper
posted 11-07-06 04:52 PM EDT (US)     1825 / 2270       
Yeah, kill object trigger.

SUMO
All the bills go by and, initiatives are taken up
By the middle, there ain't gonna be any middle any more
And the cross I'm bearing home, ain't indicative of my place
Left the porch
Left the porch
Lance O Lot
Clone Trooper
posted 11-07-06 07:20 PM EDT (US)     1826 / 2270       
kk thanks. Just to let you guys know, I'm a Aok designer, and right now I'm trying to convert my prologue of my new campaign into SWGB just for fun. So far it's going good, maybe later i'll post some screenis are maybe even make a new thred about it.

-Lance O Lot

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
Lance O Lot
Clone Trooper
posted 11-08-06 06:46 PM EDT (US)     1827 / 2270       
sorry for double posting but -

Is there a way to get it so that a muja bush [/sp?] doesn't have the outline when it's behind something? Could you edit something in GeniEd?

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
Soyo_Dragon89
Clone Trooper
posted 11-08-06 06:55 PM EDT (US)     1828 / 2270       
My gut tells me no, but I'm not a modder and I don't have any experience with the GeniEd. You might have better luck asking around the modpacks discussion page if no one else responds here.
Wyo_Daniel
Clone Trooper
posted 11-19-06 07:14 PM EDT (US)     1829 / 2270       
How do you do the stunt forming a waterfall that has visibly different elevations as it goes down?
The only waterfall tutorial has all the water on elevation 2.

"I mean, imagine someone screaming 'MAH PANTS' with no pants. Wouldn't that be a truly comical sight?" ---Quaazi
"HOLY CRAP WYO YOU'RE FAT!!!" ---Quaazi

[This message has been edited by Wyo_Daniel (edited 11-19-2006 @ 07:16 PM).]

Daemon Guardian
Clone Trooper
posted 12-09-06 03:58 PM EDT (US)     1830 / 2270       
Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the forums, but I'm really getting the hang of the scenario editor, and playing RPG-styled campaigns.

Well anyway, here's my problem; I can download all of the files fine, but the links to the music packs are usually broken / no longer used.

For example, try the link here.

Thanks in Advance,
Daemon Guardian

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 59 60 61 62 63 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames