Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37 38 39 40 41 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
arc trooper
Clone Trooper
posted 03-17-05 02:28 PM EDT (US)     1141 / 2270       
I see thankyou.
arc trooper
Clone Trooper
posted 03-17-05 02:44 PM EDT (US)     1142 / 2270       
Ok two more things:
1. I didn't understand the answer to my first question. Could someone please take me throught that step by step?

2. After I have destroyed an object, I want to declare victory. However I want some speech before this so I put two seperate triggers. One had the condition destroy object and then the speech. The other had the condition destroy object then the condition timer 10 then the effect declare victory. However after the object was destroyed, victory came up straight away. How do I stop this?

Darth Fett
Clone Trooper
posted 03-17-05 02:52 PM EDT (US)     1143 / 2270       
ok, the first trigger is correct, but add "Activate trigger" (the declare victory trigger). on that 2nd trigger, set timer 10, starting state off, and then declare victory...

You rock dood - Nanosaur
"CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROLL FOR COOL" ~ Hobo
Freyen
Clone Trooper
posted 03-17-05 05:15 PM EDT (US)     1144 / 2270       
Erm...I take it that the lack of response means I'll figure it out myself?
Galactic_Warrior
Clone Trooper
posted 03-17-05 06:49 PM EDT (US)     1145 / 2270       
What load command?

Galactic_Warrior

Yes. . . I'm still alive
Freyen
Clone Trooper
posted 03-20-05 06:03 PM EDT (US)     1146 / 2270       
Specifically? Trying to get the Immobile AI to load.
(load "Immobile Untis AI GOLD")
And it says invalid identifier.

the "Immobile Units AI GOLD.per" file's right in the AI folder, too, so it shouldn't have trouble finding it. When that didn't work, I tried
(load "C:/Program Files/Lucas arts" And so on and so forh, but still, no dice.

[This message has been edited by Freyen (edited 03-20-2005 @ 06:09 PM).]

Galactic_Warrior
Clone Trooper
posted 03-20-05 09:10 PM EDT (US)     1147 / 2270       
Do you have both the .per and the .ai files in there? If you don't have both those files in there, it won't work.

Galactic_Warrior

Yes. . . I'm still alive
Han Katarn 425
Clone Trooper
posted 03-20-05 10:31 PM EDT (US)     1148 / 2270       
How do I get the cliffs to be deleted?

₪══════Freelance Forever!══════₪
▓┼┼┼H@ Ktn 45┼┼┼▓
▓┼┼Father of ark Forces ┼┼▓
₪════════════════════════════════₪
The ability to destroy a planet is insignifigant next to the taste of a kiwi.

Mont
Clone Trooper
(id: Montamo)
posted 03-21-05 01:13 AM EDT (US)     1149 / 2270       
Use the delete feature in the Objects section, and delete as you would a normal unit. If you're talking about a cliff you've made invisible, copy a cliff-free piece of you map and paste over it.

<|N|>
//_\\
Revan
GreenFan PAO 13
(id: LOrd_REvan)
posted 03-21-05 03:34 AM EDT (US)     1150 / 2270       
I have a question too. I want: every time your amount of NOVA crystals goes zero activate an other trigger.

This is not working :
Condition : Accumulate 0 Nova
Effect : Activate Trigger 1

-- Revan--

u called down the thunder...
...now reap the whirlwind !
Freyen
Clone Trooper
posted 03-21-05 11:00 AM EDT (US)     1151 / 2270       
Yeah, I have the .per and .ai both in the folder already. What I wrote was this:

(defrule
(game-time == 1)
=>
(load "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\AI")
)

I'm pretty sure there's nothing worng with the file name, since no matter what I type, it gives me the same problem:

Line 4: ERR2005: Invalid Identifier: load

[This message has been edited by Freyen (edited 03-21-2005 @ 11:04 AM).]

Freyen
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-05 11:35 PM EDT (US)     1152 / 2270       
And the reason I was wondering... One of the main reasons I'd like to have the Immobile AI to load is because of the computer's diplomacy. Ten minutes in, they'll automatically find an excuse to surrender and forfeit the game. If anyone could help, it'd be much obliged...
Obi Gon Windu
Clone Trooper
posted 03-27-05 03:33 PM EDT (US)     1153 / 2270       
How can I stop a unit being converted? Thanks.
Nanosauromo
Clone Trooper
(id: The Nanosaur)
posted 03-27-05 05:57 PM EDT (US)     1154 / 2270       
I think the best you can do is research Faith in the Force and Jedi/Sith Purge.

That and make sure the other player has no Knights or Masters.

"I fully agree with Nano's logic." ~Desere
"Nanosauromo wins this thread." ~Xicon
"LONG LIVE THE SOLAR-POWERED WEAPONSMITH!" ~Cheapy the Hutt
"Nano was an old, valuable and indispensable forummer and voice of wisdom." ~Merai
"I really don't know you that well, but you watch LOST so you're awesome." ~Sierra Wolf
youtube.com/nanosauromo
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-05 02:06 PM EDT (US)     1155 / 2270       
Alright, I've looked and I've looked and no where in this galaxy can I find a more indepth description of triggers. I'm attempting my very first scenario, but I'm none to bright about the works of triggers. Now I've figured out a few on my own through trail and error. A few things I've tried to work my way through have constantly given me headaches.

The first, for one of the scenario's a person is going to "die" and be replaced by another. That's the easy part, the tough part is I want this to happen AFTER victory is declared. Sort of like, the one killed/turned changed to the Dark side did so in a battle. Anothing thing, I want the one to "die" and be replaced by the new one somewhat in the same area if not the exact area. How do I do this?

The next, going with the first, the one to "die" needs to do so in battle, I can't just have him walking along and poof, he's dead, enter new guy. I need it to happen during a battle or near an explosion to make it look better.

And last, but not least, I'm sure I'll be having many questions in the future. I need to figure out the triggers that will allow a shuttle to land on a planet, and have a commander and troops seem to step off the shuttle. How dod I do this?

Any help you people can offer will be wonderful, now remember, I'd stupid for the most part, explain answers in small words as though I were 5.....seriously, I understand some of the trigger stuff, but you're talking to a guy who uses triggers to improve HP's, Attack and Name because modding is so far beyond me the Falcon couldn't get there in a year at hyperspeed.

Devious
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-05 02:59 PM EDT (US)     1156 / 2270       
Er... I dont really understand what you want to do....

-----------:::(=Devious=):::-----------
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-05 05:20 PM EDT (US)     1157 / 2270       
Which part wasn't clear? At times, I tend to babble and my point, or in this case, my question, gets lost, sorry about that.
Devious
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-05 08:01 PM EDT (US)     1158 / 2270       
Most of it, I was kinda.. .half asleep

Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-05 09:30 PM EDT (US)     1159 / 2270       
Okay, I'll break it down so I don't have to type so much. in an example, we'll say I'm using Anikin, and he's in a battle and is wounded, at that point I want to replace him with another, for the time being we'll say Vader. How do I do this, replace Anikin with Vader during a battle AFTER victory is declared.

and then another example, the Emperor's shuttle landing on the second Death Star, the shuttle lands, Palpatine and his guards emerge. I want the shuttle to fly, SEEM to land, and then the character and whoever else appear to be coming out of it.

Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-05 01:45 AM EDT (US)     1160 / 2270       
1. You cant do anything after you've won the scenario (victory is decleared)..
But task Anakin to a certain place (Task Object, then (when he has arrived, Bring Object to Area), remove him (Remove Object) and then create Vader (Create Object).

2. Task the shuttle to the bay (Task Object), then in a new trigger, use Bring Object to Area to detect when the shutttle is arrived. In the same trigger, use Remove Object on the shuttle, and with Create Object your create the landed one on the same spot as the normal shuttle was removed.

Hope that helped .

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub

[This message has been edited by Bendak (edited 04-01-2005 @ 01:45 AM).]

Devious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-05 05:34 AM EDT (US)     1161 / 2270       
Bah, Bendak beat me, you scumbag

Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-05 09:02 AM EDT (US)     1162 / 2270       
Heheheheh owned u mothabitch!!11

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-05 09:53 PM EDT (US)     1163 / 2270       
Ok, so now I did that, and as soon as I begin the scenario, my system crashes back to the desktop but I can still hear the star wars music. I've uninstalled in, put it back on loaded up all the patches......I think my computer has turned to the Dark Side with me. I can play other scenarios just fine, so long as I don't mess around with too many triggers. About to give up and let the damnable Jedi win.
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-05 04:09 AM EDT (US)     1164 / 2270       
You have done summin wrong, look at YY's guide (in the article section) and see what crashes ur scn.

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-05 10:55 PM EDT (US)     1165 / 2270       
Which article section?
Freyen
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-05 11:46 PM EDT (US)     1166 / 2270       
Or, do what I do... save the scenario first (duh.) Then, saving it under a different file name as to not lose the original, try deleting some of the triggers, starting with the most recent. If you delete a trigger, test it, and it doesn't crash, then you narrow it down to which trigger went wrong. That's at least half the problem solved...
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-05 03:09 AM EDT (US)     1167 / 2270       
Thank you Freyen, that seemed to help some. However, I'm thinking this Sith has bitten off more then he can chew in creating my vision. And though I realize this might not be the proper place to ask, I ask for help in creating this vision. A scenario that does the Star Wars universe some real justice.

The Rise of the Sith, now for those who enjoy fielding large numbers of sith warriors and sith masters to wipe out the enemy, this (rather large and extensive campaign) is not for you, perhaps a nice game a sabbac. The Rise of the Sith(which I'm not even sure is gonna be the name) is based on reality(Star Wars Reality of course). To quote a great although small jedi master, "There is always a master, and always an apprentice, never more, never less." And so while in this campaign you'll research sith abilities, you will not be able to create other sith. (Turning is a different matter) Also the enemies ability to create Jedi will be deminished as well.

I can't mod worth a @#$%, but the ultimate goal I wanted to do was to create the Sith Empire, not very realistic however as this would take....well a long time. I do however need a Master and an apprentice. In this it would be Darth Vicious(I don't do autographs) and his apprentice, Darth Malice, whom I envisioned as female.

This campaign will span the course of the Rise of Palpatine, the Galactic civil war, and the birth of the New Republic, and (if you're a good little Sith) the final destruction of the Jedi and the fall of Luke.....and his little wife too.....not to mention the possible death of some other well known heros (if played right) and finally the take over of the entire galaxy (place evil laughter sound file here).

So if anyone is truly interested in making a scenario that is worthy, please jump on board. Another thing in closing, this is SWGB.....this isn't role playing, this isn't anything then what it is. A lot of the scenarios involve that pesty drawn out process of getting resources, building an army, yada yada yada yada....so if you're looking for role playing, I'd suggest Knights of the Old Republic. Palpatine slowly came to power and used trickery and deception.....an so shall Vicious. This is the way of the Sith.....the Way of the Dark Side.

Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-04-05 10:21 PM EDT (US)     1168 / 2270       

ok then....nevermind....I'll move this to a different thread.

nerf123
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-05 08:06 PM EDT (US)     1169 / 2270       
I'm making a campaign Naboo Life and I was wondering in all those realy good campaigns they have the bitmap for the campaign above the instructions or something. How do you do that? Help!

Checkk out my campaign here: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=6,7423,0,365

Oh yeah and I'm looking for someone to make me a bitmap for it so if you make one you get these cookies...

Nerf123

STAR WARS Birth of Grievous

Fan Film

"If there was one thing I could say to you it would be ... GET A LIFE!" - Nerf123
Viewers wanted for our Website!
The Salska
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-05 11:12 PM EDT (US)     1170 / 2270       
Well you can make a bitmap yourself if you know how to work with pictures and all unlike me lol. If you want to do it yourself use this-

http://swgb.heavengames.com/descpage.php?type=Utilities&id=2

but if you dont wana do it yourself just ask sombody like Blackmoon who is good with bitmaps .

Priceless Quotes!

Haha, crazed, you're such a biggles. - Scarlet

Looking like a gay immitation of Willy Wonka is illeagal too. Well, at least in my culture - BlazerBoy

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37 38 39 40 41 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames