Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 21 22 23 24 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
ArnieFett
Banned
posted 04-03-04 06:18 AM EDT (US)     631 / 2270       
Thanks, but I want all the techs, I guess I could use research tech triggers, but I was wondering if I could do it more quickly. And as for number 2, I know it's up to me but I wanna know what you guys prefer.
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-04 08:37 AM EDT (US)     632 / 2270       
Huh? If I start a random map game it says something with invalid line UNIT-FASTBIKE or something. This never happened to me before. Anyone knows how to fix it?

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-04 11:57 AM EDT (US)     633 / 2270       
I've the same problem Gamer_Hl (I like calling you that, because I think that this "names" is better than Bendak ).

Beginner scenario designer from Europe (Poland)
Current Project : Dark Forces II : Jedi Knight
Get it today : Dark Forces II : Jedi Knight Demo
Proud member of Pariah Designs
Scenario designer from Rogue Creations
Member of Grey Raid Production
BobaFett
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-04 01:51 PM EDT (US)     634 / 2270       
Huh? If I start a random map game it says something with invalid line UNIT-FASTBIKE or something. This never happened to me before. Anyone knows how to fix it?

I had the same problem with every map I loaded... I am sorry to say that your problem lies in Mod packs... If you uninstall all your mod packs it should work... If it doesn't work then you will have to uninstall and re-install the game.

Sorry, but that is what fixed it for me...

--------\BobaFett
----------\Rogue Creations
----------\Plague Of Darkness
Sidious
Clone Trooper
(id: Darth Sidious)
posted 04-03-04 01:53 PM EDT (US)     635 / 2270       
I think it only has to do with modpacks that change the 'genie.dat', so only Genie mods have to be uninstalled.
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 04-03-04 01:54 PM EDT (US)     636 / 2270       
You don't need to uninstall all of your mods, just the ones which change the genie.dat.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Azreal127
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-04 04:19 PM EDT (US)     637 / 2270       
Does anyone know of an AI file i can download to make the computers units just stand still and not move the whole game?
Reborn
Banned
posted 04-03-04 04:21 PM EDT (US)     638 / 2270       
Download an AI called Immobile Units Gold (or something along those lines).
Azreal127
Clone Trooper
posted 04-04-04 01:13 AM EDT (US)     639 / 2270       
thanx it worked i got another question now im tryin to edit names of units i chose the change object name effect and typed in the name in the box and selected the unit but it didnt work and the effect stayed red on the scroll menu did i do something wrong? or is there abetter way to edit names?
BobaFett
Clone Trooper
posted 04-04-04 01:50 AM EDT (US)     640 / 2270       

Quote:

thanx it worked i got another question now im tryin to edit names of units i chose the change object name effect and typed in the name in the box and selected the unit but it didnt work and the effect stayed red on the scroll menu did i do something wrong? or is there abetter way to edit names?

I have said it before and I'll say it again: The game is not error free. So your problem either lies in a "bad unit." or a "bad trigger.

"Bad Unit."

If it is a bad unit then you must delete the unit and recreate him (In some cases it will make the game crash so save before deleting.) then try it and if it does not work than it is a "Bad Trigger."

"Bad Triggers."

Sometimes triggers just don't work, but just deleting the trigger and recreating it can fix that.

One of those two should work... So you are set... I hope I helped and good luck on your future project!

--------\BobaFett
----------\Rogue Creations
----------\Plague Of Darkness
Apheal
Clone Trooper
posted 04-04-04 07:35 AM EDT (US)     641 / 2270       
Yeah hi, im a newb and i need a bit of help with making my campaign, it envolves a conversatio between two Jedi's, i did the triggers, but when the convo is suppose to begin i only recieve the last message said in the convo, not the rest. HELP!!!
Sidious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-04-04 07:43 AM EDT (US)     642 / 2270       
Welcome to our community, Apheal.

You probably didn't set the starting state to 'off'. Click on the triggers and set the starting state for all the triggers to 'off', except maybe the first one, if the convo takes place at the beginning of the scenario.

[This message has been edited by Darth Sidious (edited 04-04-2004 @ 07:44 AM).]

Icetiger
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 05:49 AM EDT (US)     643 / 2270       
It's me again.

I want to integrate a cheat-protect. What should happen?
When a player enters the cheat "simonsays" and simon appears, then a msg appears that says that cheats ruin the fun. Then the game should end and the player lose.
Now my problem. I creat a trigger called "Cheat-Protect". After that i creat e new condition and select "object in area". But when is earch for "Simon the Killer Ewok" i didn't find him in any list of units. Where can i find him to complete the cheat protect?

If you wanna suicide, take your worst enemy with you!
ArnieFett
Banned
posted 04-05-04 06:47 AM EDT (US)     644 / 2270       
Download the thing by Mace in the mods section, all units scenario editor or something. Install it, and every unit will be there. But if someone that does not have themod and they look through the trigger, it will mess it up (reset the trigger).

I have a question: is there a way to make AA units attack invisible targets? Also, how do you make buildings be created and killed instantly, with not building showing at all? If the building appears for a split second it runis it, it looks stupid. Thanks.

Darth Halcy0N
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 07:13 AM EDT (US)     645 / 2270       
ive got a question: on some campaigns the start has the story and that, and its in the centre of the screen, so is their something to typ for that or do they just use spacing?

| D A R T H - H A L C Y O N |
===========[===]===========
CAMPAIGN / MOD DESIGNER
Completed Projects: Mod - Landed Jedi Starfighter
I may be insane, but im not stupid!
Wok
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 07:16 AM EDT (US)     646 / 2270       
To align the text horizontally, you have to use spacing. To align it vertically, you can change the little number above the text (that defaults to 0) to 1 or 2, to move it downwards.

Wok?
Darth Halcy0N
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 07:18 AM EDT (US)     647 / 2270       
ok thanks

| D A R T H - H A L C Y O N |
===========[===]===========
CAMPAIGN / MOD DESIGNER
Completed Projects: Mod - Landed Jedi Starfighter
I may be insane, but im not stupid!
Icetiger
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 07:45 AM EDT (US)     648 / 2270       
@ArnieFett

I've found it, but its only for SWGB+CC.I don't have CC. Only the Orig SWGB. Is there also a mod fpr SWGB only?

Wok
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 07:49 AM EDT (US)     649 / 2270       
Unfortunately, it only works if you have CC installed (I'm pretty sure you need CC to install mods anyway).

Wok?
nerf123
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 07:53 AM EDT (US)     650 / 2270       
You dont need CC to install mods. The mod just needs to replace an original unit from GB. It cant replace one from CC because he wouldnt have the unit to replace.

Nerf123

STAR WARS Birth of Grievous

Fan Film

"If there was one thing I could say to you it would be ... GET A LIFE!" - Nerf123
Viewers wanted for our Website!
Icetiger
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 08:18 AM EDT (US)     651 / 2270       
How can i install this mod? there is only a *.mpi file.What have i to do with this file?

ArnieFett
Banned
posted 04-05-04 08:32 AM EDT (US)     652 / 2270       
Well you'll need the mod installer, look in the utilities but it won't work since you don't have CC

EDIT: What about my explosion problem?

[This message has been edited by ArnieFett (edited 04-05-2004 @ 08:33 AM).]

Icetiger
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 09:00 AM EDT (US)     653 / 2270       
The mod installer produces a runtime error. Is that because i have the german version of the game?

ArnieFett
Banned
posted 04-05-04 09:05 AM EDT (US)     654 / 2270       
Maybe, I don't know, make a topic in Modpack Discussion.
Sidious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 10:25 AM EDT (US)     655 / 2270       

Quoted from Igetiger:

The mod installer produces a runtime error. Is that because i have the german version of the game?

It's because you don't have the Clone Campaigns expansion. The Mod Installer needs it, otherwise you'll get the runtime error.

The only thing you could do is search for someone who still has a version earlier than v0.80. Those aren't uploaded to the site, but should work for the original game without the add-on.

Icetiger
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 11:03 AM EDT (US)     656 / 2270       
If anybody has this file please inform me over ICQ.

[This message has been edited by Icetiger (edited 04-05-2004 @ 11:05 AM).]

ArnieFett
Banned
posted 04-05-04 11:14 AM EDT (US)     657 / 2270       
Soz to ask again but can anyone help me about the explosion problem?
junot
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 03:53 PM EDT (US)     658 / 2270       
hey i was just wondering if neone could tell me how to change the names in a custom scenario. im a noob when it comes to scenario designing and i am making a waterloo and trafaglar scenarios from the napoleonic wars. any help would help a lot. thanks
UlicQel Droma
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 03:58 PM EDT (US)     659 / 2270       

Quoted from junot:

hey i was just wondering if neone could tell me how to change the names in a custom scenario. im a noob when it comes to scenario designing and i am making a waterloo and trafaglar scenarios from the napoleonic wars. any help would help a lot. thanks

Well what you do is create a trigger and then create an effect. Near the bottom is a effect called: Change Object Name, and then select the object you want to rename and then type what name you want.

UlicQel Droma
Current Project: The Dorssian War
Secondary Project: The Shadows of the Sith

[This message has been edited by UlicQel Droma (edited 04-05-2004 @ 04:01 PM).]

junot
Clone Trooper
posted 04-05-04 04:11 PM EDT (US)     660 / 2270       
thanx a lot
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 21 22 23 24 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames