Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21 22 23 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Tsavong Lah
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-04 10:43 PM EDT (US)     601 / 2270       
Hmm. I got the same problem as Bendak when I added another player to a scenario I was working on... I still to this day haven't figured it out.

Tsavong Lah
Tá Críost éirithe! Go deimhin tá sé éirithe!
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός, Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός, Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος, ἐλέησον ἡμᾶς.
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-04 02:49 AM EDT (US)     602 / 2270       
There is a trigger condition called AI signal. If you could use those signals in an AI you could use more taunts effects, instead of 4. (Because there are 20 AI signals.)

B e n d e r s . . . © 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Jaster The Best
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-04 03:41 AM EDT (US)     603 / 2270       
I need some help here! I did a trigger with display instructions to let people talk to each other ( it worked ). But now it does not work.

Jaster the best Mandalorian! Modder and scenario designer, making some good mods: Dark forces; Planning - Mandalorian; Planning and beginning - Some others too.
Jaster:
mandalorians_mp@hotmail.com
manproduct.2.forumer.com - SIGN IN ONLY IF YOU WANNA JOIN
BloodyBronko
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-04 10:50 AM EDT (US)     604 / 2270       
Hey, I can't b bother reading through all of these so can someone please tell me how to make floods, and washing shores. i download a template from here but i still want to know how to do it...plz tell
Sidious
Clone Trooper
(id: Darth Sidious)
posted 03-31-04 11:55 AM EDT (US)     605 / 2270       
Because this editor doesn't allow you to change terrain in-game normally, the only way you can do that is by constantly creating and removing Bridge Middles and Bridge Ends. The Bridge Middles create water and the Bridge Ends create sand. If you do it right you can give the impression of floods and washing shores.
Jaster The Best
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-04 12:18 PM EDT (US)     606 / 2270       
I can only hear sound when they are supposed to talk, no text, and no other sound!

Jaster the best Mandalorian! Modder and scenario designer, making some good mods: Dark forces; Planning - Mandalorian; Planning and beginning - Some others too.
Jaster:
mandalorians_mp@hotmail.com
manproduct.2.forumer.com - SIGN IN ONLY IF YOU WANNA JOIN
Azreal127
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-04 04:46 PM EDT (US)     607 / 2270       
How do you edit unit stats?????
Aro
AoKH Dictator
posted 03-31-04 05:55 PM EDT (US)     608 / 2270       
You can use the Change Object Name, Change Object Attack, and Change Object HP effects to change the basic statistics of a unit, but that's about all you can change. (Unless you are modding the game information, which is a different story altogether. A lot more complex too.)

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
BloodyBronko
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-04 03:19 AM EDT (US)     609 / 2270       
Hey again sidiuos this does not explain this (download eyecandy here) -> http://swgb.heavengames.com/descpage.php?type=Utilities&id=119i just read it where do i find all units mod.
Sidious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-04 10:06 AM EDT (US)     610 / 2270       
You should have said that!

Here it is. You can only use it when you have Clone Campaigns.

Rixile
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-04 04:11 PM EDT (US)     611 / 2270       
How do i make a trigger where, if your hero dies, you will lose the game, and be defeated?
BobaFett
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-04 04:35 PM EDT (US)     612 / 2270       

Quote:

How do i make a trigger where, if your hero dies, you will lose the game, and be defeated?

Step 1) Create a trigger. (Starting state: ON, and Looping: OFF.)

Step 2) in that trigger create a Destroy Object condition. (Set Object: Your hero.)

Step 3) in that same trigger create a Declare Victory effect. (Source player: your hero's enemy.)

That should do it... Hope I helped! Good luck on your future project!

--------\BobaFett
----------\Rogue Creations
----------\Plague Of Darkness
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 04-01-04 04:39 PM EDT (US)     613 / 2270       

Quote:

Hey again sidiuos this does not explain this (download eyecandy here) -> http://swgb.heavengames.com/descpage.php?type=Utilities&id=119i just read it where do i find all units mod.

You do not need the all units mod to use that scenario. The all units mod just makes units visible, it does not add anything.

Mace
Rixile
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-04 04:39 PM EDT (US)     614 / 2270       
thanks! my project will be posted tonight, or tomorrow.
BobaFett
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-04 04:45 PM EDT (US)     615 / 2270       

Quote:

thanks! my project will be posted tonight, or tomorrow.

n/p. I will be looking forward to your project.

--------\BobaFett
----------\Rogue Creations
----------\Plague Of Darkness
Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 09:21 AM EDT (US)     616 / 2270       
Please, help me with these trash compactors. I've made triggers which control TS. but I still can't make kill trigger by Trash Compactors. The advice from SithKnight didn't help me. A heroe dies too early or too late. Please write and describe the triggers which I must use to do it

Beginner scenario designer from Europe (Poland)
Current Project : Dark Forces II : Jedi Knight
Get it today : Dark Forces II : Jedi Knight Demo
Proud member of Pariah Designs
Scenario designer from Rogue Creations
Member of Grey Raid Production
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 09:46 AM EDT (US)     617 / 2270       
Use the campaign manager in the SWGB design kit on Shadows of the Empire to view Ord Mantell Junkyard. You can find those triggers in there.

BTW How do you make spaces between triggers?

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub

[This message has been edited by Bendak (edited 04-02-2004 @ 09:47 AM).]

Sidious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 10:05 AM EDT (US)     618 / 2270       
In case the Campaign Manager in the Design Kit doesn't work (it didn't on my PC), you can download one that should work here.
Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 10:39 AM EDT (US)     619 / 2270       
I don't know what you are saying. Could you be more precise ? What spaces ? The spaces in trigger list. Well do that :

Create three triggers
Trigger 1
Trigger 2
Trigger 3

Name T1 and T3
Leave T2 without name.

Maybe this will help you

Where can I find this Campaign Manager ?

Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 10:45 AM EDT (US)     620 / 2270       
SWGB design kit

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub

[This message has been edited by Bendak (edited 04-02-2004 @ 10:45 AM).]

Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 10:47 AM EDT (US)     621 / 2270       
Thnak you. And what about my advice ?

Bendak give me instructions about how to use it, because I've some problems. It's campaign manager dedicated to Age of Empires !!! Give me details.

[This message has been edited by Dawidos (edited 04-02-2004 @ 10:53 AM).]

Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 11:16 AM EDT (US)     622 / 2270       
First, you need to change the campaign into a .cpx. (The program doesn't read .cp1 files.). You can do that with changing the name into: Shadows of the Empire-edit.cpx or something.

Then, open the program and click on Open file. Choose Shadows of the Empire-edit.cpx and pick the scenario you want. Select the scenario, and click on Save at hard disk (or something). Save it in your scenario folder and then change the scenario to a .sc1. (Because it is Clone Campaigns). You can now open these scenario's in the Scenario builder.

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Kyed
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 11:25 AM EDT (US)     623 / 2270       
how do you make a 'healing trigger' so when you activate the trigger, your units hp goes back to full?

Kyed: A man among men.

Current Projects:
The Ewok Civil War (40%)
Secret Project (5%)

Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 11:27 AM EDT (US)     624 / 2270       
Damage object (number of HP)
Damage object -(number of HP)

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Sidious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 02:40 PM EDT (US)     625 / 2270       

Quoted from Bendak:

First, you need to change the campaign into a .cpx. (The program doesn't read .cp1 files.).

v3.1 does.
ArnieFett
Banned
posted 04-02-04 04:59 PM EDT (US)     626 / 2270       
K, I'm making a new scenario about the confederacy, and I have one real question, and one that's really dumb:

1: Well, I want to start in post-tech level 4, but not have repeaters or adv fighters for a more movie-like look. I've tried disabling the unit, but they're still repeaters. What can I do?
2: Well, what do you guys prefer: All civs grey, making it realistic but harder to tell who's who, or mixed colours?

UlicQel Droma
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 10:07 PM EDT (US)     627 / 2270       

Quoted from ArnieFett:

K, I'm making a new scenario about the confederacy, and I have one real question, and one that's really dumb:
1: Well, I want to start in post-tech level 4, but not have repeaters or adv fighters for a more movie-like look. I've tried disabling the unit, but they're still repeaters. What can I do?
2: Well, what do you guys prefer: All civs grey, making it realistic but harder to tell who's who, or mixed colours?

1. Theres two ways of doing it. Make their tech level: Tech Level 4 and not Post-Tech Level 4 or you can keep them at standard.

2. It’s all up to you.

UlicQel Droma
Current Project: The Dorssian War
Secondary Project: The Shadows of the Sith

[This message has been edited by UlicQel Droma (edited 04-02-2004 @ 10:25 PM).]

Azreal127
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-04 10:30 PM EDT (US)     628 / 2270       
thanx for the help with the stats editting
Azreal127
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-04 00:15 AM EDT (US)     629 / 2270       
OK I have another question now

I'm in the middle of making a scenario so far it basically has triggers, terrain, and buildings needed for triggers when i try to test the scenario i see the screen for a second then there's a beep and everything goes black i can still here the music and everything tho it just goes black and i cant exit or nething ne body know what the problem could be???

Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-04 04:58 AM EDT (US)     630 / 2270       

Quoted from Yehoshua's guide:

My Scenario crashes seconds after the game starts!

This is a common problem. This mainly deals with either too many units or objects on the screen for the owner’s computer to handle, and/or too many triggers working at once. This can be solved by deactivating major triggers and causing them to activate seconds apart.

I found something in Wok's guide about AI scripts. There is an action called set-signal. If you could use that action, you would be able to have 25 (!) taunt-based effects in your scenario!! Please tell how to use those signals.

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub

[This message has been edited by Bendak (edited 04-03-2004 @ 04:58 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21 22 23 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames