Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
antpocas
Banned
posted 07-29-03 06:09 PM EDT (US)     31 / 2270       
Go to the Player tab in the editor. There, choose the AI.
neo262
Clone Trooper
posted 07-29-03 06:10 PM EDT (US)     32 / 2270       
A big thanks to everybody!
RoguePlayer
Clone Trooper
posted 07-30-03 10:46 AM EDT (US)     33 / 2270       
THE QUESTION EVERYBODY KNOWS AND HATES. Yes, taunt AI stuff. OK, so I made the taunt.per file that said this:

(defrule
(taunt-detected 1 1 )
=>
(acknowledge-taunt 1 1)
(cc-add-resource nova 1)
)

and then I made a blank .ai file because, um, the guide told me to. I put them in Game\AI folder, and I go into scenario editor. Lo and behold, ai option is taunt. So I make player to have that AI. OK, so I set up a trigger where the condition is:
Accumulate Attribute
Nova Stockpile
Source Player: Player 2
Amount: 1

OK, so I go in to test, and I type "1" in the chatbox. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? (Please be gentle, I've NEVER EVER used AI w/ taunt before, so if I am wrong in every single aspect, please be gentle.)

~THE ROGUEPLAYER~
Upcoming Project: MYNOCKS(Find the trailer at www.freewebs.com/rogueplayer
Trigger Man for Oni Jynn Wanoshi's group Underground Designer's League.
"I think therefore I get headaches."

MagnumJEDI@aol.com

Striker_
Clone Trooper
posted 07-30-03 11:00 AM EDT (US)     34 / 2270       
This came straight from this thread

Healing a unit by means of an AI

You can make custom AI's for SWGB (and CC) that allow triggers to detect taunts. This is called the 'Password Trick' (read EO's description of this method here). To make such an AI, you can add code such as this to an existing AI:
)
(defrule
(taunt-detected
1 1)
=>
(acknowledge-taunt
1 1)
(cc-add-resource
nova 1)
)
In this example (used in Gall Spaceport, and later in Falcon's First Flight):
"
1" is the player using the taunt. This is always a human player, usually player 1, just like in this example.
"
1" is the number of the taunt used, in this case "1. I got it"
"(cc-add-resource
nova 1)" this line adds resources for the player that has the AI (a computer player), in this case it adds 1 nova for the AI player each time player 1 uses taunt 1. In this line:
"
nova" is the resource you add for the AI player. You can choose between carbon, food, nova and metal (for ore). I haven't found a way to add misc counters.
"
1" is the quantity of the specified resource that is to be added.

In Falcon's First Flight I used this AI for player 6. I'll give a full description of how the healing was handled in this campaign, with full triggers. In FFF, you could pick up HealthPacks by standing next to some PowerPacks. You could the activate a HealthPack by using taunt 1, and receive full healing.
To be able to heal, you need HealthPacks. This is what a typical trigger for picking up a HealthPack looks like:

Trigger: 'HealthPack' ON/NO LOOP
Condition0: Bring object (hero) to area (area around PowerPack)
Effect0: Remove object (PowerPack)
Effect1: Tribute: 100 nova from player 6 to GAIA (in case the player used the taunt before picking up the HealthPack... you don't want him to automatically heal as soon as he picks up the HealthPack)
Effect2: Tribute: 1 food from GAIA to player 1 (This food is mostly for the player to see how many HealthPacks he has)
Effect3: Tribute: 1 misc counter 1 from GAIA to player 1 (This is a hidden counter, to prevent the 'FORCEFOOD' cheat from having an influence on the health points)
Effect4: Send Chat to player 1 : <PowerPack : HealthPack>

When player 1 has HealthPacks, he will have at least 1 food and 1 misc counter 1. And when he wants to heal, and uses taunt 1, player 6 will receive 1 nova. And so, we can make a trigger that detects when the player wants to heal, and is entitled to heal:

Trigger: 'Taunt detected' ON/LOOP
Condition0: Accumulate Attribute: Player 1 accumulates 1 food stockpile
Condition1: Accumulate Attribute: Player 1 accumulates 1 misc counter 1
Condition2: Accumulate Attribute: Player 6 accumulates 1 nova stockpile
Effect0: Tribute: 1 food from player 1 to GAIA (substract 1 HealthPack from the counter)
Effect1: Tribute: 1 misc counter 1 from player 1 to GAIA
Effect2: Tribute: 100 nova from player 6 to GAIA (to make sure the player doesn't get healed twice in a row)
Effect3: Activate trigger: 'Heal Hero' (This activates the actual healing trigger)

Okay, and now for the trigger that actually heals your hero:

Trigger: 'Heal Hero' OFF/NO LOOP
Effect0: Damage object (hero) : 400 (max hitpoints; to reset the current health to '0')
Effect1: Damage object (hero) : -400 (minus max hitpoints; to set the current hitpoints to full health. You can copy/paste in a minus sign. Don't touch this effect again, or you risk reseting the damage to '0')
Effect2: Send Chat to Player 1 : <Healing>

Well, this is basically how healing with an AI works. This is how it was done in Falcon's First Flight, and pretty much how it was done in Gall Spaceport. Easy, huh?
Many thanks to The Vampire Slayer for teaching me this heal method, and for letting me use his Immobile Heal AI.
Have fun implementing it in your scenario, JamesMartigo

VEDI, VENDI, VECI, I came, I saw, I conquered.
-- Julius Caesar

[This message has been edited by Striker_ (edited 07-30-2003 @ 11:03 AM).]

RoguePlayer
Clone Trooper
posted 07-30-03 09:21 PM EDT (US)     35 / 2270       
OK, lets say I needed to dumb that up a bit.

First off, I dont want to heal anyone, and this particular thing will only ever be used ONCE. So only one time does the palyer ever need to type in the taunt, and the ONLY tihng that taunt needs to do is activate a trigger. No healing, no keeping track of how many x things you have, etc. And it should only be able to take effect once. How do I dumb that up to do that? Like in the original GOOD Phantom Menace, where there was simply a number that when typed in activated a certain trigger.

~THE ROGUEPLAYER~

MagnumJEDI@aol.com

neo262
Clone Trooper
posted 07-30-03 09:47 PM EDT (US)     36 / 2270       
Does anybody know any sound manipulator programs that could make voices have a stormtrooper effect?
Boba Fett
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-03 09:56 AM EDT (US)     37 / 2270       
how do i reaserch a technology during the game, but without actually having the means to do so? (sorry if that was unclear) i.e in 'The Battle For Alaris Prime' tutorial scenario, Qui-Gon gets the 'Jedi Concentration' power by stepping over some sort of invisible marker. Could someone explain how this works please?
Striker_
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-03 10:52 AM EDT (US)     38 / 2270       
RoguePlayer

Trigger: 'Taunt detected' ON/LOOP
Condition0: Accumulate Attribute: Player x accumulates 1 nova stockpile
Effect0: Activate trigger: 'Whatever' (This activates the trigger of your choice)
Effect1eactivate Trigger: 'Taunt detected' (This makes it a one time activation)

Boba Fett

Use 'Enable Tech' to make said tech available, and then "Research Tech' to research said tech.

Hope that helps,

Happy Designing

VEDI, VENDI, VECI, I came, I saw, I conquered.
-- Julius Caesar
Boba Fett
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-03 11:17 AM EDT (US)     39 / 2270       
cheers striker
Sidious
Clone Trooper
(id: Darth Sidious)
posted 07-31-03 04:36 PM EDT (US)     40 / 2270       
Okay, I have a question:

I'm making a trailer for my new campaign, showcase soon, and I want a beginning with 'STAR WARS in a galaxy far far away' in space. I did the map, but I can't place map revealers in space to 'reveal' the space. What can I do to fix this? Or is it just me? Any help would be appriciated

Echuu
Jedi Padawan
posted 07-31-03 04:45 PM EDT (US)     41 / 2270       
What you need to do is download YYKrosh's visible starfield template, and use the Map Copy to copy a Map Revealer. Open up your own scenario, then paste it into your starfield.
Scn Jedi
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-03 04:45 PM EDT (US)     42 / 2270       
Download the Visible Space Template by Ykkrosh. Map copy the map revealer onto your scenario. I don't have a link but it's in the SWGB Design Kit. Good luck with the campaign.
Sidious
Clone Trooper
(id: Darth Sidious)
posted 07-31-03 04:53 PM EDT (US)     43 / 2270       
Thanks!

Would you two, Master Echuu and Scn Jedi, mind playtesting? It's just a little scenario!

[This message has been edited by Darth Sidious (edited 07-31-2003 @ 04:56 PM).]

RoguePlayer
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-03 07:07 PM EDT (US)     44 / 2270       
OK, please help. I went and downloaded a Utility from Blacksmith AOK, in order to be able to see Scenarios in the editor from campaigns. But it don't work. I click on the campaign, then it just gives me back a report that it detected each scenario, but it was "unable" to get them seperated.

Did I download the wrong one? Which one SPECIFICALLY should I have downloaded?

~THE ROGUEPLAYER~

MagnumJEDI@aol.com

neo262
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-03 08:44 PM EDT (US)     45 / 2270       
RoguePlayer,
Download the SWGB Design Kit from the Utilities section. I did the exact same thing.

Does anybody know of a sound manipulator to make voices have a stormtrooper effect?

[This message has been edited by neo262 (edited 07-31-2003 @ 08:53 PM).]

Echuu
Jedi Padawan
posted 07-31-03 09:07 PM EDT (US)     46 / 2270       
You set whatever AI you want as the "Personality" of the player.
neo262
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-03 10:03 PM EDT (US)     47 / 2270       
???? To make recorded voices have a stormtrooper-type effect? That doesn't sound quite right...

Nevermind. I found out myself.

[This message has been edited by neo262 (edited 07-31-2003 @ 10:36 PM).]

Darth753
Clone Trooper
posted 08-01-03 01:30 PM EDT (US)     48 / 2270       
Master Echuu, you probably know why i've come here. For every one else, i'm looking guides and suchlike on how to Random Map Script.
Wok
Clone Trooper
posted 08-01-03 02:11 PM EDT (US)     49 / 2270       
There's a guide in the utilites section, I think. It's by RF_Gandalf.

Wok?
Tholm Mosou
Clone Trooper
posted 08-01-03 02:42 PM EDT (US)     50 / 2270       
RoguePlayer, to use it you need to create a folder in Program Files called Microsoft Games/ Age of Kings/ Game/ Scenario . If that doesn't work, tell me and I'll check my theory.

Tholm Mosou
Master Echuu- Tholm was one kickass scenario designer who dissapeared without a trace.
How true... how true...
RoguePlayer
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-03 09:46 AM EDT (US)     51 / 2270       
Tholm, no dice, had no effect.

Neo, doesnt the Design Kit require CC? I don't have CC, will it still work?

~THE ROGUEPLAYER~

MagnumJEDI@aol.com

neo262
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-03 12:36 PM EDT (US)     52 / 2270       
Yes it will RoguePlayer. Sadly, I don't have CC either. Too bad you can't buy them seperately anymore, or CC would be around $10!
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
posted 08-02-03 05:48 PM EDT (US)     53 / 2270       
You might still be able to find a good deal on Ebay.
neo262
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-03 06:13 PM EDT (US)     54 / 2270       
Yeah, I checked Ebay and they had for $20. That is what the Saga is worth!
Tesla Trooper
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-03 09:13 PM EDT (US)     55 / 2270       
Can someone post a link to a Heal AI thread and a link to a Flame burst trigger trick thread, or if you know these can you post them

Tesla Trooper
Jango Fett 18
Clone Trooper
posted 08-02-03 10:46 PM EDT (US)     56 / 2270       
I don't know about the Flame thing but I have the AI one.

Healing AI

Hope I Helped .

// \\
//Havoc\\
//Leader of XGI\\
//XGI Main Site | XGI Forums\\
Wtf is up with Hillary Clinton and her dead turtle?!
neo262
Clone Trooper
posted 08-03-03 00:22 AM EDT (US)     57 / 2270       
What do you mean by "flame burst trigger?" The explosion trigger, possibly?
Tesla Trooper
Clone Trooper
posted 08-03-03 00:26 AM EDT (US)     58 / 2270       
Yes, the explosion trick used in SOTE.

Tesla Trooper
Morbe Fileu
Clone Trooper
posted 08-03-03 00:52 AM EDT (US)     59 / 2270       
Hi peoples, I'm aware of how intrinsically stupid this question must sound to a campaign editor master, but how can I make transmissions stay up without using sound? My campaign, "A Dying Breed", is still unstarted because I can't figure this out. I have a storyline, a setting, characters, the lot, but I can't figure this out. Can you help?
UlicQel Droma
Clone Trooper
posted 08-03-03 01:06 AM EDT (US)     60 / 2270       
Set the time as long as the music.

UlicQel Droma
Current Project: The Dorssian War
Secondary Project: The Shadows of the Sith
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames