Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1351 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Mod Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mod Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 02-02-04 08:38 PM EDT (US)         

Mod Help Thread

This is a shameless ripoff of Ech's Scenario Design Help Thread, except it's for modpacks.

Ask all mod related questions here. If you are experiencing a problem with any of the mod tools, post it here. If you have any questions about modding, post 'em here.

Before asking "How do I mod?", please visit the Modpacks page.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MOD INSTALLER, please state which version you are using. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

IF YOU ARE REPORTING AN ERROR, please state more than just the error number. Please post the error number, the error description, and the steps you took to produce said error.

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 07-25-2004 @ 10:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Vandaliser_88
Clone Trooper
posted 10-23-05 02:49 AM EDT (US)     726 / 1351       
Actually you could use 3dMax or Doga, for me they are the best choices.

By the way, thanks for your help people, you took so long that I found the solution for that myself.

*-------Vandaliser--------*
(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*88*........>>
lord vladek
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-05 03:08 AM EDT (US)     727 / 1351       
how in the world do you get the mods onto ur game i cant figure out how?!?!? im confused plz help when u get a chance
i really want to no ........
lordbodin99
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-05 03:12 AM EDT (US)     728 / 1351       
Lol, here!
^ There you have all training material you need ^

====:[ BODiN ]:====
====:[ Space Commander|Core Conquest ]:====
====:[ EAW DEMO Modding Guide for Newbies ]:====
lord vladek
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-05 03:48 AM EDT (US)     729 / 1351       
no no no i mean how do i like 4 entance get the arc trooper mod to work ..how do i get it to be the arc trooper instead of reapeater how? like greavios mod how do i get it to be the mod?
lordbodin99
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-05 03:57 AM EDT (US)     730 / 1351       
There is all you need, read carefully!

====:[ BODiN ]:====
====:[ Space Commander|Core Conquest ]:====
====:[ EAW DEMO Modding Guide for Newbies ]:====
Ultric Sandov
Clone Trooper
posted 10-25-05 06:35 PM EDT (US)     731 / 1351       
I have all of the versions and all of them give me a run-time error that says something about a automation error and a missing module. Any help would be great.
darthsteve0
Clone Trooper
posted 10-31-05 02:32 PM EDT (US)     732 / 1351       
can anyone tell me how to use wings 3d files in mods
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 10-31-05 02:40 PM EDT (US)     733 / 1351       
You need to take a screenshot of the model and use that.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
darthsteve0
Clone Trooper
posted 11-01-05 07:06 AM EDT (US)     734 / 1351       
I tried but it won't let me
Master Shannon
Clone Trooper
posted 11-01-05 08:55 AM EDT (US)     735 / 1351       
It's been a while since I posted my question on changing a mod's footprint, and/or changing a mod's building surface. Since nobody responded, I'll have to assume that nobody has the answer. Too bad. I had a great idea for a senario trap that would have required it. I'll just have to rethink the concept. Thanks to those who offered thier help to me on other issues. I really appreciate it.

Tom A. Wright

Sarthos
Clone Trooper
posted 11-04-05 07:35 PM EDT (US)     736 / 1351       
Does anybody know the slp# for the green lights on the Confederacy command center?

Sarthos |Sovereign of Syrup
Uber_Mod_Project | Military Dictator of Modpack Discussion
Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
Pfft. We all know Merai is so liberal that he uses his left hand. :p - Moff
Lady Gaga is a genius, actually - Crazed Ewok
DvL
Clone Trooper
posted 11-11-05 07:08 PM EDT (US)     737 / 1351       
What's up everybody?
I've used GeniEd to allow certain buildings to garrison units that weren't previously able to.
Anyone know what you change to make the "Garrison Flag" appear. Apparently changing them to be able to garrison isn't enough. I've looked for similarites in the unknowns but can't find it.
The Slp for the flag is "Graphics.drs SLP 3242 - 335". Thanks
Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 11-13-05 03:04 AM EDT (US)     738 / 1351       

Ok, I would like to know whats the procedure to modify an Icon and also to change the unit or building's name in the game (making all this in a mod of course) because that's different than modifying the unit's slp

Please someone explain me exactly what to do for this.

Sarthos
Clone Trooper
posted 11-13-05 01:46 PM EDT (US)     739 / 1351       
Dvl Unknown 35_07, copy that from a unit that can be garrisoned in, and change it to the unit you're modding.

Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
DvL
Clone Trooper
posted 11-14-05 05:10 PM EDT (US)     740 / 1351       
Hey Sarthos,
Thanks for the reply. Unknown 35_07 doesn't seem to be in any of the building types. They all seem to go from 33 to 36. According to the Unknowns guide by Mandalorian 35_07 contains hero data.

"civ_*_unit_****_unknown35_07:
Hero data.
There is either a 2, 3, 4, or 5 here.
If you add 256 to what ever number is here, this unit is a Hero."

I've made it to where you can get in the buildings but the flag won't pop up. I'm pretty sure the only buildings you can garrison in are the turretts, command centers and fortresses. I think the small energy collection repository lets you as well but that may just be a glitch.
Thanks again.

Sarthos
Clone Trooper
posted 11-14-05 08:21 PM EDT (US)     741 / 1351       
oh, it's a building you're working with...I don't remember the unknown for that.

DvL
Clone Trooper
posted 11-16-05 07:38 PM EDT (US)     742 / 1351       
Has anybody experienced any problems with GeniEd 1 when they have decompressed, read and converted the data with another genie mod installed?

I did the other day and it may have just been a coincidence but GeniEd was not happy about it when trying to compile the new genie. All the data was there, including the new changes but when it went to create the new genie it would tell me it couldn't locate "carp/heavy.pm" and shut down. I had to delete all the genied files and re-install the whole game to get it to successfully create a new genie again.

I was just wondering if anyone else had run across this problem before. I know the "carp/heavy.pm" issue was brought up in this thread before by "MaStEr_0_RaZ0R" but there never was a fix posted about it. Ykkrosh had posted something about it not needing "carp/heavy" and to try an alternate version of genied but that didn't solve the issue I had.

Any thoughts here would be great, Thanks.

Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-05 05:07 PM EDT (US)     743 / 1351       

I would like to know whats the procedure to modify an Icon and also to change the unit or building's name in the game (making all this in a mod of course) because that's different than modifying just the unit's slp.

I know many persons know how to modify icons so please don't ommit my question. Thanks.

(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*88*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
---The Movie's Game Begins---
Member Of FLD
Sarthos
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-05 07:16 PM EDT (US)     744 / 1351       
Does anybody know the slp# of the power lights (they're red when a building has no power, green when they do) for the Naboo command center?

[This message has been edited by Sarthos (edited 11-20-2005 @ 07:17 PM).]

DvL
Clone Trooper
posted 11-21-05 12:02 PM EDT (US)     745 / 1351       
Sarthos,
Graphics.drs #2695-2700 are the red and grays. #2701-2706 are the greens. I'm assuming since those are the only ones in the entire file that they apply to all civs. Graphics_x1 #4479-4782 are for the other two civs. Hope it helps.

Lord_Bane,
Changing a units name is done by changing the text that refers to it in the language.dll or language_x1.dll. You need resource hacker to do that. Get it here.
As for modifying an Icon... what specifically are you trying to modify about it? There are different procedures for different tasks.

trex517
Clone Trooper
posted 11-21-05 06:17 PM EDT (US)     746 / 1351       
how do I download scenarios and Modpacks
DvL
Clone Trooper
posted 11-22-05 10:14 AM EDT (US)     747 / 1351       
Trex,
You can use the Advanced Search function or visit the main page, look at the column on the left for the download section.
trex517
Clone Trooper
posted 11-22-05 12:53 PM EDT (US)     748 / 1351       
I know were they are but were do I put them extras, data, or scenario
Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 11-22-05 02:41 PM EDT (US)     749 / 1351       
I want to modify the (E)Adv. AntiAir Turret icon, this icon appears on the Interfac.Drs, but it doesn't appears as an independent frame, it appears with the whole Empire's icons slp. It is the frame No. 33 and I want to know how to change only THAT icon without making any changes in the others, because every time that I just modify that one, and then after compiling it as an mpi, it appears an error when Im going to install.

I just want to make a simple icon modification with it thats all, Instead of that icon I want another image(icon) to appear, and I have taken into consideration that the image I'm using for replacement is 36 X 36.

(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*88*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
---The Movie's Game Begins---
Member Of FLD

[This message has been edited by Lord_Bane88 (edited 11-22-2005 @ 02:41 PM).]

DvL
Clone Trooper
posted 11-23-05 11:09 AM EDT (US)     750 / 1351       
Sorry Trex, I thought when you asked

Quote:

you actually meant

Quote:

LoL.
Ok, Custom Scenarios go in the "Game/Scenario" folder. Custom Campains go in the "Game/Campaign" folder. When you start the game just go to "Single Player" and either select "Custom Campaign" or "Standard Game" and select "Scenario" under "Game Type".
For Modpacks... You must have the Mod Installer Advanced v2.0 You simply use that program to install the .mpi file and you'll be on your way. Visit Mod Central for many useful Guides and tools to help you with the modding process.

Bane, Ok, Try and follow me. The Empires Adv Anti Air Turret is in "Interface_x1" slp "53241" frame "33". Extract the slp, add it to your .mpr, convert to slx. Replace frame 33 with the new frame. "Display Graphic" to make sure its there, Convert back to slp. Add the new slp to your .mpr.
Here's where I got the same error you did. You have to tell it to replace "Interfac" not "Icon" not "Graphics". I got the same error when using anything but "Interfac". Hope this helps. Good luck.

-Edit-
Up untill you asked I had never even tried to replace an icon. I guess theres another (easier) way as well. Add your readme and new icon (must be a .bmp) to your mpr, select "Icon" in the "Replace" window (it should default to it), put 33 in the box to the right, select "building" from the drop down list, check the box for the Empire, Save, Compile, Install and Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by DvL (edited 11-23-2005 @ 12:40 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames