Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1351 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Mod Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mod Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 02-02-04 08:38 PM EDT (US)         

Mod Help Thread

This is a shameless ripoff of Ech's Scenario Design Help Thread, except it's for modpacks.

Ask all mod related questions here. If you are experiencing a problem with any of the mod tools, post it here. If you have any questions about modding, post 'em here.

Before asking "How do I mod?", please visit the Modpacks page.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MOD INSTALLER, please state which version you are using. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

IF YOU ARE REPORTING AN ERROR, please state more than just the error number. Please post the error number, the error description, and the steps you took to produce said error.

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 07-25-2004 @ 10:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-20-05 11:54 PM EDT (US)     476 / 1351       
SHould of asked this also. Once I understand modding, if ever, is it possibly to give a Jedi Knight Jedi Master abilities? For example, Darth Vader can't turn certain objects and such because he's not a Master(possibly the only short fall of the game in my opinion.) I was just wondering.
Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-05 00:12 AM EDT (US)     477 / 1351       
Vicious, You would copy all of a masters stats, then replace them in Vaders id. Next step would be to replace the sound, icon, and graphics back to Vader. Hope that helps!

"Wipe them out, all of them!"
"I must obey my master!"
"At last,we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last, we will have revenge!"

SidiousInvader@msn.com----Instant Message

Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-05 00:17 AM EDT (US)     478 / 1351       
Actually Sidious, that helps a great deal, now could you help me with my other problem? *points up*
Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-05 11:27 AM EDT (US)     479 / 1351       
Vicious, What did you put in your patches file? Sometimes when I do something it will shut down. Do you see a error right before it shuts down? Pay real close attention where it shuts down, during the Graphics phase, tech-age phase, unit data phase, civ_1_units phase, etc. Where ever it shuts down is where your problem is. Copy and paste your patches file here so I can see what you are trying to do!

"I must obey my master!"

Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-05 02:23 PM EDT (US)     480 / 1351       
Actually Sidious, I'm just following Mace's guide, you know crash courses and all, so I'm changing the hit points of a tie fighter.

and here's what the patch looks like, just like Mace said to....

# See GeniEd's Help section for information on how to use this file
civ_1_unit_773_hitpoints: 40

ANd I paid very close attention, no error message of any sort, GenEd just shuts off.

Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-05 07:31 PM EDT (US)     481 / 1351       
Vicious, Where does it shut down? In the very beginning, or do you get to see it recompile the Genie file? The recomiling looks something like this:

Sounds (Total 1420): 0 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 etc.
Graphics (Total 10600): 0 100 200 300 400 500 600 etc.
Tech-age (Total 613) : 0 100 200 300 etc.

If it shuts down in the beginning before it starts recompiling its a problem with the program. If it shuts down in the middle of compiling, say during Civ_1_units, it would be a problem with your patches file. In your case, your patches file looks ok? Hmm?

Answer these questions:

1. When you did the other options in Genied, Decompress Genie, Read Data, & Convert Data to text, you were successful?

2. Can you open the text files with notepad?

3. If you look at the folder with the patches file, do you see a new file called "New Genie.dat?"

Sometimes you may need to delete Genied, and folders, off of your computer, and then reinstall. Try it again.

"I must obey my master!"

Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-05 09:53 PM EDT (US)     482 / 1351       
Ok....this is what I get.

Reading Patches
1 fixed patches found
0 variable pathces found
creating new genie file...
Headers, player colours

and then it quits. and everything else worked, compressing, reading and converting, and yes I can open the text files with note pad. and when looking at the folder with the patches I do not see a new Genie dat file(and I did a seatch of my entire compute just in case)

What's up with it?

Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-05 11:44 PM EDT (US)     483 / 1351       
Ok, So the next file to be recompressed when creating a new genie_x1.dat file would be sounds. Did you change anything, or have a mod installed with a change in sounds. Try uninstalling all mods, and start over again with options 3, 4, & 5 in Genied. Then try making a New Genie file. Good luck! If this doesn't work maybe reinstall the game, and Genied. Don't give up!!! The things you can do with Genied is amazing!!!!

"I must obey my master!"

Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-05 00:54 AM EDT (US)     484 / 1351       
Ok.....uninstalled everything, then redid it. Same results. I'm obviously not meant to mod, I've spent too much time trying to figure this out. As I can't ask for people to mod for me, I say forget it. Isn't worth me getting upset. I'll figure a way around it all with triggers or something. Anyway, Sidious, I want to personally thank you for taking the time to help me through all of this. Currently your 142 more units is the only mod I use....well....did use, now I have to put it back in. *cries* Damnable Jedi....they're to blame for this.....
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-05 00:56 AM EDT (US)     485 / 1351       
P.S. Sidious

thanks for dropping those annoying storm clouds in the next update.......

Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-05 01:23 AM EDT (US)     486 / 1351       
Vicious, Don't give up yet. Try this version of Genied...

http://home.earthlink.net/~bhitch77/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/geniedalt.zip

I had to use this on for a while.

"I must obey my master!"

Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-05 01:25 AM EDT (US)     487 / 1351       
Vicious make sure you uninstall all mods, the game, and genied. Start with a fresh version of the game.

"I must obey my master!"

Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-05 08:23 PM EDT (US)     488 / 1351       
HA HA HA HA.....the other genEd file ya sent did the trick, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! You rock, thanks for all of your help....I'm certain to be begging for help in the future as I try and figure out these mods I want to do. Again thank you thank you.....
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-05 10:29 PM EDT (US)     489 / 1351       
I'm back again.....STOP RUBBING YOUR TEMPLES AND ROLLING YOUR EYES......I don't need help this time....just advice. is changing the skin color of a hero a HUGE pain in the neck? I want to change Tann's skin from blule to something else, is this something that's gonna leave me crying like a baby?
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-05 10:48 PM EDT (US)     490 / 1351       
Ok....now I do need help, I'm trying to change Tann's name to something else......but....which language file do I change? 4543 is Tann.....but then there are others that are tann as well....i'm a bit cunfused.
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-05 00:36 AM EDT (US)     491 / 1351       
forget the last few posts, it is no longer working, doing exactly what the first genEd was doing and just crashing. And yes I am giving up, this has totally frustrated me, I've wasted way too much time on this worthless program. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, and no longer care. Sidious, thank you again and again for all your help, you're great, man.
I love fambas
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-05 07:17 AM EDT (US)     492 / 1351       
I am new to using the genied and I wanted to know where I could find the the Genie_x1. Could someone provide a link for it?

Lover Of Fambaas
Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-05 01:57 PM EDT (US)     493 / 1351       
I Love Fambaas, the Genie_x1.dat file is in the SWGB\GAME\DATA folder where the game is installed. I assume that you need that for the setup screen in genied? Good luck! There is alot that can be done with Genied, though there aren't many people who are patient enough for the quirkyness of this program!

"I must obey my master!"

Darth Bandon
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-05 06:35 PM EDT (US)     494 / 1351       
QUESTION:

Quote:

Did somebody knows how to change a sound from a sword to a lightsaber?

I'm working on a new mod...
I'm making a Sith Wookie ( especially for my campaign )and i just want to know how to change a sound from a Wookie sword to a sound of a lightsaber...

Thanks in advance

:| Darth Bandon |:
:| Free Lance |:
Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-05 08:29 PM EDT (US)     495 / 1351       
Sidious is refering to me, folks, for good reason, I've little patience, that's why I'm a sith.....got it working however, Sidious.....for the most part, I think.
dark miles
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-05 09:13 PM EDT (US)     496 / 1351       
Ok ive made my first mod the SD generator and I made the frames and installed it but when I did and tested it I see the gen but then I see a power core animation how do I make it that I don't see the power animation and just the gen???

You said we where going to Taco bell not
bespin gas platform-Han
Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-05 09:21 PM EDT (US)     497 / 1351       
Actually Vicious I wasn't talking about you at all, afterall you did keep trying, and now you are able to do it. Hope you are able to learn alot, read Mandalorian topic sticky "the Unknowns" it is very helpfull!!! Any help you need let me know!!

"I must obey my master!"

Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-23-05 09:24 PM EDT (US)     498 / 1351       
Dark Miles if you are replacing a Shield generator then the animation is hardcoded along with it. If you need to not have the shield animation with it, have it replace a building.

"I must obey my master!"

Darth Vicious
Clone Trooper
posted 04-24-05 00:13 AM EDT (US)     499 / 1351       
Sidious is far too nice, folks, I've way to little patience. To Sidious, you will listen, mind what He says.....save you it will......ok, Sidious.....how do I give a unit or hero personal shielding? And I know I'm dumb......where is Tann? Need to edit her. Can't find her.....damn blue skinned sith....never trust a blue skinned woman, folks.
Sidious Invader
Clone Trooper
posted 04-24-05 01:52 AM EDT (US)     500 / 1351       
Vicious, Ok there are a few things that you need to do to help you find the info you need to change. First download Genied 2, in this program I mainly use it for finding the unit id's, Sevrance Tanns id=784. There are other things in the utilities download section like the Graphic & icon listings, these tell you where to find the graphics & icons for each unit.

CHANGING a unit to a sheilded unit: I believe I did tell you to read through Mandalorians Sticky "The Unknowns", I wouldn't lead you wrong, listen to me you must, give in to me, each moment you make yourself more mine, soon you will call me master (Evil Laugh!)

Excerpt from Mandalorian sticky:
civ_*_unit_****_unknown02_13:
Contains data regarding Special abilities of units (SHIELDS, DETECTOR, STEALTH), Garrison Display, and the Civ it appears for in the Scenario Editor, whether the unit has a circle or a square when selected, the drawing of the outline when a unit is behind it.
21st Value: Attributes of the Unit
20 Biological
10 Mechanical
40 Self Shielding
04 Stealth
08 Detector
0c Steath and Detector
(Example: A unit with Stealth, Detector, and Shielding: Bio: 6c Mech: 5c)

Tanns old line 02_13
civ_7_unit_784_unknown02_13: 00 be 9b 01 00 0e 5f 02 00 16 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 05 02 20 08 00 00 00 00

Your New Patch:
civ_7_unit_784_unknown02_13: 00 be 9b 01 00 0e 5f 02 00 16 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 05 02 60 08 00 00 00 00

Hope this helps!! Read Mandalorian Sticky it has a lot of good information in it!!!! Good Luck!!!

"I must obey my master!"

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames