Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1351 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Mod Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mod Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 02-02-04 08:38 PM EDT (US)         

Mod Help Thread

This is a shameless ripoff of Ech's Scenario Design Help Thread, except it's for modpacks.

Ask all mod related questions here. If you are experiencing a problem with any of the mod tools, post it here. If you have any questions about modding, post 'em here.

Before asking "How do I mod?", please visit the Modpacks page.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MOD INSTALLER, please state which version you are using. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

IF YOU ARE REPORTING AN ERROR, please state more than just the error number. Please post the error number, the error description, and the steps you took to produce said error.

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 07-25-2004 @ 10:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 06-19-04 01:08 PM EDT (US)     226 / 1351       

Quote:

I'm not sure what unit id I should give the new unit. Does it have to be a whole number or are decimals okay.

I'm 100% sure it wouldn't recognize a float.

Mace
turbo6398
Clone Trooper
posted 06-21-04 10:29 AM EDT (US)     227 / 1351       
What's a float?
Wok
Clone Trooper
posted 06-21-04 10:44 AM EDT (US)     228 / 1351       
A number with a decimal point
Galaxy Falcon
Clone Trooper
posted 06-21-04 04:50 PM EDT (US)     229 / 1351       
When I try to install my mod it pops up a window saying..

.mpi file is invalid or corrupted! Installation Incomplete. Make sure you have the latest version of the mod installer.

Anyway, its kinda anyoing since I spent 2 hours replace Ki-Amandi sprites with Jedi Master's.
Somthing else I was wondering is, how could i change the language_x1.dll So I can change the Unit name? One other problem im encountering is changing Icons. I got my own, resized it, and put it on. I'm not sure what frame number its supposed to replace, though.Anyway... im just having a hard go at it. *sigh*. And then I was wondering, if I finish the mod, can I edit its stats? (IE, Attack, Armor) anyway, if one of you experianced modder's could help, id really appreciate it a lot. If a reply would take too much space email me a solution.

| GalaxyFalcon |

Current projects:
-None-
peterj1991
Clone Trooper
posted 06-21-04 09:23 PM EDT (US)     230 / 1351       
I explained most of your questions in your thread, to edit a units stats (ie HP, Attack, Reload time,) any of that stuff you could try the main page news And if you'd just like the link to the program you need here it is... GeniEd2 There is a complete description of what it does and what it is at the bottom of the screenshot If you need help on figuring out how to use it and save what you edited read this

Quoted from Wok:

Question I asked: I am a little confused about two things... 1st when I save something I edited in geni ed2, how do I insert what I edited?
Answer From Wok: Righto. All the data editable by GeniEd2 is stored in a file called Genie.dat (hence the name of the program). When you use GeniEd2 to edit values, all you are doing is editing a .dat file. To get it to be read by the game, you just need to make sure that the updated .dat file is in your SWGB\Game folder (Clone Campaigns expansion uses a file called genie_x1.dat instead).

If you have any other questions just ask! SWGB encourages questions on the forums.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, Knowledge is what we know, Imagination is what creates ideas"
-Albert Einstein

Proud Member of Epic Designs

Wok
Clone Trooper
posted 06-22-04 02:27 AM EDT (US)     231 / 1351       
Just a small error. It should be SWGB\Game\Data rather than just SWGB\Game.
Wisee
Clone Trooper
posted 06-24-04 03:25 AM EDT (US)     232 / 1351       
How do I change the units name so that is how it'll be in the game.

Wisee a proud member of Shadow Jedi Productions.

westd105
Clone Trooper
posted 06-27-04 10:38 AM EDT (US)     233 / 1351       
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME i DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE MOD PACK INSALLER I HAVE ONE MADE BY MACE I THINK IT SAYS MOD PACK INSTALLER ADVANCE SO COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL THE MODPACKS I DOWNLOAD.
Bendak
Clone Trooper
posted 06-27-04 03:04 PM EDT (US)     234 / 1351       
Hey, calm down .

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
IA Gold Leader
Clone Trooper
posted 06-27-04 07:45 PM EDT (US)     235 / 1351       
Can you change the area of the circle when you select it? as well as changing the area the unit has effect? Because my wall segments are smaller than the ones in the game. I would think they would pop up as gigantic spaces between each other...

"They're the workhorses of this outfit, I can tell you that."
- Rebel Y-Wing Pilot Tiree
Current Projects: Planned Releases..
Currently part of the Imperial Academy Clan (IA)
Cradossk
Banned
posted 06-29-04 11:16 PM EDT (US)     236 / 1351       

Quote:

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME i DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE MOD PACK INSALLER I HAVE ONE MADE BY MACE I THINK IT SAYS MOD PACK INSTALLER ADVANCE SO COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL THE MODPACKS I DOWNLOAD.

Dude, calm down, all you need to do is select "Open Mod" then find where you unzipped the mod, then double click it, then click Install.
Mateus_Skywalker
Clone Trooper
posted 07-01-04 04:27 PM EDT (US)     237 / 1351       
Do anyone knows the number of the Icon of the Rebel Air Cruiser. Because I wish to replace it but I don't know the number.
westd105
Clone Trooper
posted 07-02-04 04:18 PM EDT (US)     238 / 1351       
I have tried opening the mods but it says "invalid command-line arguments. Unable to continue" what should I do?
Cradossk
Banned
posted 07-03-04 02:15 AM EDT (US)     239 / 1351       

Quote:

Do anyone knows the number of the Icon of the Rebel Air Cruiser. Because I wish to replace it but I don't know the number.

I beleive the correct number is 850 (Standard Air Crusier) but just make it for the Rebel Alliance.
moda4
Clone Trooper
posted 07-05-04 05:24 AM EDT (US)     240 / 1351       
hey ive got all versions of the mod installer but each time i try to run one it comes up with run-time error 53 file not found. ive got all required files but it still wont work
Devious
Clone Trooper
posted 07-05-04 06:12 AM EDT (US)     241 / 1351       
Welcome, try reinstalling Clone Campaigns and SWGB again and download the files/ put them into the windows folder.

A newbie who actually posted in the Mod help thread! A first!!

Wingo
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 01:58 AM EDT (US)     242 / 1351       
OK, so how do you get to the unit icons so you can edit them?
Wingo
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 02:45 AM EDT (US)     243 / 1351       
Wait... I think i might have gotten it. But if any1 knows for sure lemme know.
Wingo
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 03:25 AM EDT (US)     244 / 1351       
Ok, i solved my icon problem *Sorry for so many posts*
But now i dont know how you would change name of a unit. I know it has something to do with the language(_x).dll file, but i cant seem to get that open. HELP?
moda4
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 04:39 AM EDT (US)     245 / 1351       
so do you need to have clone campains for the mod installers to work
Devious
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 04:42 AM EDT (US)     246 / 1351       
I dont think so... the Mod Installer Advanced does but the first version dosent.

-----------:::(=Devious=):::-----------
dark miles
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 06:25 AM EDT (US)     247 / 1351       
I need help at making mod frames so far how do you make them corettly and how do you change a frame?
please help.

You said we where going to Taco bell not
bespin gas platform-Han
Devious
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 06:31 AM EDT (US)     248 / 1351       
how do you change a frame? what do you mean? If you want to change a frame edit it in Paint or Photoshop...

-----------:::(=Devious=):::-----------
dark miles
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 06:42 AM EDT (US)     249 / 1351       
I mean like chaning (R) anti air mobile copy frame
so (R) hvy artillary can look the same

bespin gas platform-Han
dark miles
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-04 07:05 AM EDT (US)     250 / 1351       
i thot slc frames made in photoshop looked bad but
its logical.

bespin gas platform-Han
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames