Bottom
Topic Subject:Mod Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 51 52 53 54  Next Page »
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 02-02-04 08:38 PM EDT (US)         

Mod Help Thread

This is a shameless ripoff of Ech's Scenario Design Help Thread, except it's for modpacks.

Ask all mod related questions here. If you are experiencing a problem with any of the mod tools, post it here. If you have any questions about modding, post 'em here.

Before asking "How do I mod?", please visit the Modpacks page.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MOD INSTALLER, please state which version you are using. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

IF YOU ARE REPORTING AN ERROR, please state more than just the error number. Please post the error number, the error description, and the steps you took to produce said error.

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 07-25-2004 @ 10:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
TruePaladin
Clone Trooper
posted 07-09-11 12:45 PM EDT (US)     1301 / 1351       
i hate repeat myself but, anyone can answer me? :P
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 07-09-11 12:48 PM EDT (US)     1302 / 1351       
Search under author for Sidious Invader and you'll find what you need.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 07-09-11 05:03 PM EDT (US)     1303 / 1351       
Okay i’m making a mod and i want to do some things:

-

1)Separate repeater trooper from heavy trooper. So when you research repeater trooper you can buy both, the repeater and the heavy trooper.

2)Eliminate the damage bonus what mechs received when you research primary focusing coils, coling sleeves and advanced power pack. Also give that damage bonus to bounty hunters.

3)Give bonus damage and defense to aircrafts when you research Elevation tracking, external sensor pod, targeting sensor, light plating, medium plating and hvy plating.

4)Remove armored platework for civilizations who already have shield modifications and allow it for civilization without shields for aircrafts.

-

If someone want write me a patch i will give him credit if someday i release that little mod im making.

Thanks you guys for help and excuse me for my poor english.
This is probably why you were never replied to, TruePaladin, mod requests are against the rules here even if you give credit. But yes, search under Sidious Invader and you'll find what you need to make it.

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-11 02:15 AM EDT (US)     1304 / 1351       
Umm, I don't know if I should ask this, but WHY is it against the rules?

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-11 03:12 AM EDT (US)     1305 / 1351       
1. Don't ask for mods.
Reasons why some people ask, and retorts to those questions:

a. Not worth anyone’s time
No one wants to do mods for you, especially if they're ridiculous and unneeded.

b. Repetitive questions, repetitive answers
The forum is literally bashed by dozens of these threads, and they always turn up being unanswered, so asking would be a waste of time.

c. Take the time and learn it yourself
Learn to do them yourself. There are plenty of tutorials out there. And if you want to know HOW to do them not IF SOMEONE WANTS TO MAKE THEM FOR YOU, then someone will be glad to help out.

d. I want a unit for a campaign
"Specialized campaign units"- Boy, these have been around for ever, if you want a unit "just for your campaign", sorry, tough luck. It's not worth anyone's time.

e. Mods are no simple task
Mods are extremely difficult to construct. Yes, even with poser, these guys take forever. People have to tackle transparencies, shadows, player colors, icons, it's all really a mess just for a single unit.

f. Post in the threads that ask you to ask
If someone offers, ask him or her. No one's not telling you to. In fact the thread encourages you to.
http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=10,3653,,10

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-11 10:44 AM EDT (US)     1306 / 1351       
Thanks for clearing that up. I must say at first I was thinking "what? joking, right?", but what you're saying makes sense. I totally understand why people would get frustrated with greenhorns like me clogging up the forums.

Cheers mate!

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 07-11-11 12:26 PM EDT (US)     1307 / 1351       
Back in the day there were a handful of modders who took requests--I know that Brownboot did from time to time, for example--but now that there are about four of us...Yeah, we're kind of focused on our own projects.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 07-11-11 04:04 PM EDT (US)     1308 / 1351       
Brownboot, hell... I remember Izzy.

And he was the one that came up with the rule when people started to think having him make a mod was a God-given right, not a gift.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
TruePaladin
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-11 07:03 PM EDT (US)     1309 / 1351       
It was not my intention to request a mod. What i want is learn to edit technologies and tech trees but i can't recognize any techage on genied because there is a not a single clue about what tech are you editing. They are all called TECH-AGE1 so if want edit for example ''primary focusing coils'' i simply can not find the right techage.
Anyone can help?
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-11 07:17 PM EDT (US)     1310 / 1351       
If someone want write me a patch i will give him credit if someday i release that little mod im making.
That's a request, unfortunately. But I'm sure SERRIA WOLF can help you out in teaching you if he takes a look in here.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-11-11 07:25 PM EDT (US)     1311 / 1351       
Sierra Wolf might respond better if you spell his name right, though.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 07-11-11 07:28 PM EDT (US)     1312 / 1351       
Or, he might come in here to correct me, and in the process answer TruePaladin's question >_>

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-11-11 07:35 PM EDT (US)     1313 / 1351       
Or maybe... your face!

But yeah, Sierra will be able to help... let's just hope he takes notice of this particular thread. And, Paladin, before you think of it... don't make a thread directly calling to him. That's also against the rules... the big ones, not just the courtesy ones.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 07-11-2011 @ 07:36 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 07-12-11 05:29 AM EDT (US)     1314 / 1351       
I guess I could make them myself. I could use the extra practice.

Sierra Wolf
Omega
(id: Rossk)
posted 07-12-11 02:49 PM EDT (US)     1315 / 1351       
Just call me Rossk.

TruePaladin, I'm sorry but I can't actually help with that. I'm not familiar with the research and techage files. Sarthos definitely can help you though. It seems he doesn't check this thread so I would recommend making a new topic entitled "Need some genie help" or something along those lines, and ask how you do all those things you were asking about. He'll help you for sure.

Sierra Wolf
TruePaladin
Clone Trooper
posted 07-20-11 09:18 AM EDT (US)     1316 / 1351       
Ok thanks you all for you help but i have one more question:
How can i make units to attack air or ground? for example allow anti air trooper attack ground units or troopers to air?
Sierra Wolf
Omega
(id: Rossk)
posted 07-20-11 02:57 PM EDT (US)     1317 / 1351       
There is no flawless way to do that as far as we know, but there is one trick that somewhat works.

What you do is change all of the id values of your unit to that of Simon, which is 1204. So lets say you want to make the Hvy Trooper for the Empire attack both air and ground. It would look like this:

civ_1_unit_412_id: 1204
civ_1_unit_412_id2: 1204
civ_1_unit_412_id3: 1204

Take note that there are three id values to worry about it.

Now, the problem with this method is that sometimes your unit may change into Simon. I'm not sure of any specific causes of this, but I know one time I loaded a standard game I had saved. The first time I was playing it, the unit I changed (AA troopers) worked fine. Then after loading it all the AA troopers turned into Simon. So you can pull it off but just be warned that it has its flaws.

Sierra Wolf
obiwan blue
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-12 12:40 PM EDT (US)     1318 / 1351       
um how do you make your own drs numbers or can i use the genie
to make new drs codes
simonchin
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-12 05:14 PM EDT (US)     1319 / 1351       
Mace, I have problem with mods!

When I wanna install the mod, I do the following step.

1.Open Mod Installer
2.Extract Modpacks
3.Click open mod
4.Click Install mod

By the way, my mod installer is placed in my desktop.Tell me if I'm putting it on the wrong place.

Then, I opened Scenario Editor, i choosed replaced character, and when i put it on the map, it crashed to desktop saying that some error occured, and not responding.

HELP!
Xenvar
Clone Trooper
posted 12-16-13 10:12 PM EDT (US)     1320 / 1351       
removed

[This message has been edited by Xenvar (edited 12-16-2013 @ 10:22 PM).]

DerWolfMann
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 08:42 PM EDT (US)     1321 / 1351       
I am having a problem with ModInstallerAdv2.0. It says that it can not find the game, could someone please help me. If it makes a difference it is run-time error 76.
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 08-19-14 08:48 PM EDT (US)     1322 / 1351       
Try using the installer provided in this thread.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
DerWolfMann
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 08:52 PM EDT (US)     1323 / 1351       
Thank you, it works!
HeadlessMarvin
Clone Trooper
posted 03-20-15 02:29 PM EDT (US)     1324 / 1351       
I'm using mod installer ver 0.91 on windows 8, with SWGB: Saga and I keep getting a message saying that the SWGB data can't be found. I've been searching for an answer to this problem, but still can't find one. Can I get some help with troubleshooting?
Ai_user_101
Clone Trooper
posted 03-20-15 04:03 PM EDT (US)     1325 / 1351       
Sounds like Win8 might not support mode installer? Try SW normally without it or with mods manually installed. The mod installer probably isn't being pointed to the right folder.

You can find me on steam: first_of_few

You can also find me at: www.aiscripters.com as 'Thegreatkazein' or 'Kazein'.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 51 52 53 54  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames