Bottom
Topic Subject:Mod Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 51 52 53 54  Next Page »
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 02-02-04 08:38 PM EDT (US)         

Mod Help Thread

This is a shameless ripoff of Ech's Scenario Design Help Thread, except it's for modpacks.

Ask all mod related questions here. If you are experiencing a problem with any of the mod tools, post it here. If you have any questions about modding, post 'em here.

Before asking "How do I mod?", please visit the Modpacks page.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MOD INSTALLER, please state which version you are using. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

IF YOU ARE REPORTING AN ERROR, please state more than just the error number. Please post the error number, the error description, and the steps you took to produce said error.

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 07-25-2004 @ 10:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 04-22-10 02:58 PM EDT (US)     1276 / 1351       
Try uninstalling and DELETING all the files associated with the game, then reinstalling.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Diocleziano
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-10 05:23 PM EDT (US)     1277 / 1351       
Thanks for your advice Zaarin, but i tried to do what you said but it didn't work...there are another kind of solution to this problem, to delete incomplete MOD??? Thank you!
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-10 09:49 PM EDT (US)     1278 / 1351       
I had that problem once, but the solution I just gave worked for me. If uninstalling the game doesn't work, I can't imagine anything short of re-installing your entire operating system...not a particularly desirable solution. Maybe someone else will think of something, though.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
I love fambas
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-10 09:58 PM EDT (US)     1279 / 1351       
This happened to me several times back 5 years ago when I played on my XP. If I remember right, you had to reinstall your game and delete some file... but I dont really remember what that file was. It had something to do with mods or modinstaller I think. Sorry I couldnt of been any more help.

Lover Of Fambaas
Darth_Maul234
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-10 12:18 PM EDT (US)     1280 / 1351       
Mace, how do you replace all of a unit's sounds? I replaced all of the empire air cruiser's sounds in the sounds.drs but I can still hear 2-3 sounds from the original unit. is it possible to replace a unit's sounds that aren't in the sounds.drs? Please respond whenever you can. Thanks for your time.

[This message has been edited by Darth_Maul234 (edited 05-01-2010 @ 12:20 PM).]

Moff Seedron
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-10 12:20 PM EDT (US)     1281 / 1351       
Hi...I've a problem with some MOD...I want to delete MOD, but some MOD are signed as incompleted and I can't delet them. I've alreay try also to disinstall the entire game and reinstall it but, how I had already thought, nothing is changed and MOD are still installed. The MOD Installer send error when I try to delete MOD incompleted...someone knows what I can do do delete incompleted MOD??? Thank you all very much...
Delete the "mods.log" file located in the "(Drive)>Program Files>LucasArts>Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds>Game>Data" directory.
Normally, you must not modify/delete it, but since you've reinstalled the game, doing so should not be a problem.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[This message has been edited by Moff Seedron (edited 05-01-2010 @ 02:32 PM).]

ARC Trooper Echo
Clone Trooper
posted 05-01-10 02:03 PM EDT (US)     1282 / 1351       
Hey,
I'm a newbie here, And I just bought Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: The Clone Campaigns...

After beating the whole game in a day, After a week, I got bored and searched for mods...

After several attempts to install the Mod-Installer to my (Windows Vista) computer, I finally got it.

After a few mods, My Installer got an error saying:
"Run-Time Error 9, Subscript out of range."

Heres what I did:

~Installed SWGB:CC
~Installed SWGB Mod Installer
~Run RegStart.exe
~Install 13 Mods.

Help?

Oh yeah, It also say CC can not be Found.

Thanks in advance,
~Echo

"They don't know why we do this, They never do... They just call us War-Junkies and Blood-Thirsty animals... But that's because they don't understand, We fight for Peace, Harmony and Justice... That's why we fight."

"For the Republic, And the Rebel Alliance!"

"Do NOT click my Website Link!"
knick
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-10 02:44 PM EDT (US)     1283 / 1351       
Hello,

Is it possible to mod a unit, say, the landspeeder and make it carry unit, like a transport?

Thanks.
JoeZStarWars
Clone Trooper
posted 10-23-10 09:04 AM EDT (US)     1284 / 1351       
Hello errm i was wondering if anyone could help me...
all i want to do is reskin a kyle katarn so that his suit is black and his lightsaber is orange

anyone help me...
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-23-10 03:03 PM EDT (US)     1285 / 1351       
Read the other stickies.

Clone Trooper11
Clone Trooper
posted 12-18-10 06:17 PM EDT (US)     1286 / 1351       
I have a friend who made a mod for SWGBCC, he modified units, costs of units, build speeds, and how much of each resource in in each(like from 100 carbon to 1000 per tree), the only problem is, the AI broke with the mod, how would he fix this? thanks.
pbguy1211
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-11 09:40 PM EDT (US)     1287 / 1351       
Man, I haven't been here in YEARS! Anyway, could someone point me in the direction for editing files for widescreen enabling?

I am completely brainfarting here since I haven't done this in ages.

Editing them shouldn't be a problem, but does anyone know which ones they are?

Thanks!

Check out my cool downloadable crap for SWGB!
LOTR Mods: Gandalf the Grey, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf on Shadowfax, Theoden King, Rohirrim, Faramir, Haldir, Gandalf the White, Saruman, The Nazgul, Ugluk, Uruk-hai Swordsmen and Uruk-hai Crossbowmen.
StarWars Mods: Jedi Masters Shaak Ti and Adi Gallia. Padawan Stass Allie and Luke Skywalker from A New Hope!

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-11 10:36 PM EDT (US)     1288 / 1351       
Oh my freakin' goodness it is pbguy1211!!!

Fear Me Dear
Clone Trooper
posted 04-18-11 11:43 PM EDT (US)     1289 / 1351       
Ok I have a problem which I saw an another forum that was archived so let me get to it. I downloaded mods for CC. Everything went fine til I DLed the Shaak Ti 4.0 I believe, which replaces Jor drakas with ( guess who ). I used the ModInstallerAdv 2.0 by zayner productions. It didn't install correctly and displayed a file path error. ( I'm sorry I can't be specific as I did not copy down this error because I thought my problem would already be solved somewhere online ) So after that I couldn't remove the mod ( which was installed incomplete 3 times) I tried to remove it and it said "do you wish to unistall" and I said yes to which it then said "error cannot remove mod" (no numbers). So I installed another mod and then when I went to use it all the icons for everything were gone and I crashed a few minutes later ( game crash not system) so I looked online to troubleshoot it after it happened 2 more times and it said to un-install and re install , so I did, Then That didn't work so it said to delete the mod text document in C/ program files/ game/ data/ so I did and I started the modinstaller and all the mods were gone so I thought ok good fresh start. So I then put on the mods I liked and when I re installed the Holo Darth Sidious mod it said incomplete so I tried to removed it and it was de ja vu. So I thought instead of deleting the whole mod document I'll just backspace out the darth sidious mod despite the warning "do not change this file or bad things will happen". So now the game lauches and shows the opening cutscenes then crashes before the main menu pops up. I'm using Windows XP service pack 2. I just restored the system so all I have on it is mods, SWGB, CC, Avast anti virus, google chrome, and gameranger. I appreciate your help.

*EDIT* ok I uninstalled and reinstalled no I can play but when I go to instal a mod it gives me "Run-Time error '75': path/file access error" and lists the mod as incomplete and I can't remove it. I get "Error Removing Mod!" when I try. The mod is "holo darth sideous" and other mods are installing but when I use them the game crashes. HELP I LOVE MODS AND I NEED THEM FOR A SCENARIO I"M MAKING!!!! DX

*EDIT* ok this is just stupid..I lauched the game and now the mods work...WTF this is maddening.

FearMeDearForIamDeath
You Reap what you sow...I Reap you.
"All ye on me cast an eye, As you are now, So once was I, As I am now so you shall be, Prepare for death and follow me?"

[This message has been edited by Fear Me Dear (edited 04-19-2011 @ 00:30 AM).]

Vikraswg
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-11 12:14 PM EDT (US)     1290 / 1351       
Does anybody have Mod Installer 0.91? I really could use it, email is pjroast@gmail.com
DePa
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-11 04:54 PM EDT (US)     1291 / 1351       
I didn't want to ask "How do i mod", but for some reason i can't see the mod guide in the modpacks page...can somebody helps me?
TruePaladin
Clone Trooper
posted 06-22-11 01:42 AM EDT (US)     1292 / 1351       
Okay im making a mod and i want to do some things:

-

1)Separate repeater trooper from heavy trooper. So when you research repeater trooper you can buy both, the repeater and the heavy trooper.

2)Eliminate the damage bonus what mechs received when you research primary focusing coils, coling sleeves and advanced power pack. Also give that damage bonus to bounty hunters.

3)Give bonus damage and defense to aircrafts when you research Elevation tracking, external sensor pod, targeting sensor, light plating, medium plating and hvy plating.

4)Remove armored platework for civilizations who already have shield modifications and allow it for civilization without shields for aircrafts.

-

If someone want write me a patch i will give him credit if someday i release that little mod im making.

Thanks you guys for help and excuse me for my poor english.

[This message has been edited by TruePaladin (edited 06-22-2011 @ 01:50 AM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-11 10:23 AM EDT (US)     1293 / 1351       
Ok, people, I know this has probably been done before, but I am going to start on a Jedi Knight II Campaign. So I'll need a few mods of some characters to get me going. I'd make them myself, but at this moment in time my time and resources are... limited.

Here's who I need:
-Kyle Katarn (gun)
-Kyle Katarn (lightsaber)
-Jan Ors
-Tavion
-Desann
-A few types of Reborns
-Shadowtrooper
-Chiss barman
-Galak Fyarr (normal)
-Galak Fyarr (cortosis armor)
-Imperial officer
-Stormtrooper with the golden shoulder pad

If you know where I can get them or would like to make one, please contact me at parkinsonj07@chengelo.sch.zm
Thanks

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 07-07-11 10:59 AM EDT (US)     1294 / 1351       
A mod request? Oh boy.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-11 11:11 AM EDT (US)     1295 / 1351       
Some of those have been done; search the downloads. The rest you'll have to improvise. In case you hadn't noticed, mod requests are against the rules.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-07-11 11:15 AM EDT (US)     1296 / 1351       
Pretty much every single thing you just asked for already exists as a mod. Please search the download section next time.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-07-11 03:21 PM EDT (US)     1297 / 1351       
But do we have the mod I asked for, years and years ago?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
TruePaladin
Clone Trooper
posted 07-08-11 01:35 AM EDT (US)     1298 / 1351       
My resquest where already done? i can not find any mod than changes technologies or tech trees. Also i havent found any mod that seperate repeater from heavy trooper...

[This message has been edited by TruePaladin (edited 07-08-2011 @ 01:36 AM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 07-08-11 10:13 AM EDT (US)     1299 / 1351       
Sorry, hadn't realized it was against the rules.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-08-11 02:57 PM EDT (US)     1300 / 1351       
Yeah, it is. But it's okay.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 51 52 53 54  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames