You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2061 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    More New Worlds of Expanding Fronts

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 12-08-2018 @ 04:52 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 04-14-13 03:46 PM EDT (US)     726 / 2061       
    What have you done to my thread?!

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-14-2013 @ 04:15 PM).]

John the Late
    Jedi Padawan
    posted 04-16-13 02:21 PM EDT (US)     727 / 2061       
    Like the Tatooine screen.

But the heavy Naboo vehicle looks like it had a smiley painted on top.
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    (id: Moff Yittreas)
    posted 04-16-13 03:01 PM EDT (US)     728 / 2061       
    ...Yeah, that's some killer WalMart smile shit there.

Also, Mako needs to be the cheat unit. And Normandy. With Thanix guns. You know you need the Mako.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 04-16-13 04:09 PM EDT (US)     729 / 2061       
    Negatory, ghost rider.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Picklefish
    Clone Trooper
    posted 04-26-13 04:04 PM EDT (US)     730 / 2061       
    As for the new direction trololol.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-01-13 12:30 PM EDT (US)     731 / 2061       

WHAT'S UP?
    Things have been a bit quieter than usual, unfortunately. Many of our members are bogged down by school, family, and life in general, but we're still trucking on, and we've got quite a few surprises planned for you in the not-too-distant- future. We'll start with some great news!

GALACTIC BATTLEGROUNDS HEAVEN IS BACK ONLINE!
    After unfortunately being down for over a month, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Heaven is back online, and every download, article, strategy, and resource available to modders, designers, and SWGB players are now available once more. In addition, a new section dedicated to Artificial Intelligence and Random Map Scripting has been added to our Forum! Stop by and say hello!

SECRET PROJECT...
    We've been working on a very special addition to the Expanding Fronts mod for quite some time now. We cannot say exactly what it is just yet, but it is sure to bring SWGB into an entirely new era. Until next time, we thank you for your patience and support, and once again ask that you post any questions, comments, and concerns you may have in this thread.

HELP WANTED
    If you have experience in terms of 2D/3D art, Random Map/AI scripting, or general editing experience with the AoK/SWGB Genie engine, and would like to contribute to the Expanding Fronts project, please let us know!

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Empress Fumiko
    Clone Trooper
    (id: BananaTrooper)
    posted 05-01-13 12:42 PM EDT (US)     732 / 2061       
    Ooooh, secrets... Please be the JSDF Please be the JSDF Please be the JSDF

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
    Take everything I say with a bucket of salt.
    Perpetually hungry and searching for cheese and pineapples.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-01-13 12:45 PM EDT (US)     733 / 2061       
    You're in for all kinds of disappointment if you're expecting any non-Star Wars stuff.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-01-13 12:49 PM EDT (US)     734 / 2061       
    If the mod's not finished by the end of the month (:P) I'll draw up some 2D concept arty kind of stuff. Buildings, right?

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
    The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-01-13 12:59 PM EDT (US)     735 / 2061       
    Buildings could help. As could any new watercraft/aircraft for the smaller civs.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-01-13 01:14 PM EDT (US)     736 / 2061       
    If there's a secret, you should probably tell me what it is, I wasn't aware anything was a secret

Sarthos |Sovereign of Syrup
    Uber_Mod_Project | Military Dictator of Modpack Discussion
    Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
    Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
    Pfft. We all know Merai is so liberal that he uses his left hand. :p - Moff
    Lady Gaga is a genius, actually - Crazed Ewok
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-01-13 01:16 PM EDT (US)     737 / 2061       
    I would if you'd show up on friggen' Skype.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-01-13 01:18 PM EDT (US)     738 / 2061       
    Oh yah, my computer doesn't automatically start up Skype like it used to do with MSN

Sarthos |Sovereign of Syrup
    Uber_Mod_Project | Military Dictator of Modpack Discussion
    Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
    Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
    Pfft. We all know Merai is so liberal that he uses his left hand. :p - Moff
    Lady Gaga is a genius, actually - Crazed Ewok
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 05-01-13 09:45 PM EDT (US)     739 / 2061       
    Shouldn't the kamas on the ARCs be... lighter? It kinda looks like you just clipped part of Vader's cape. And they're usually a light to medium gray.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-01-13 09:50 PM EDT (US)     740 / 2061       
    Eh, that's how it was on the model.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 05-01-13 09:51 PM EDT (US)     741 / 2061       
    I love the statue and pillars.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-03-13 12:51 PM EDT (US)     742 / 2061       

The Heavy Seraph is a multi-role fast attack vehicle that comes equipped with one of four primary weapons, depending on your Sub-Faction selection. The vehicle can carry a Flamethrower, Heavy Laser Cannon, Anti-Air Missiles, or a Shield Projector.

Artwork by Vector IV
    Model by Warb_Null

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Crazed Ewok
    Mectator
    (id: The Crazed Ewok)
    posted 05-03-13 01:07 PM EDT (US)     743 / 2061       
    Are you calling me fat?

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
    r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
    a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
    z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
    e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
    d ependent on daily tea infusions
    Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Lord Vader672)
    posted 05-03-13 01:12 PM EDT (US)     744 / 2061       
    Nah, you're just big boned.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
    "I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
    "The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
    Sierra Wolf
    Omega
    (id: Rossk)
    posted 05-03-13 11:07 PM EDT (US)     745 / 2061       
    Are you calling me fat?
    More like... fluffy. Like an ewok should be.

Sierra Wolf
    ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-04-13 05:37 AM EDT (US)     746 / 2061       
    It's not fat. He's... poofy.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
    The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-04-13 11:03 AM EDT (US)     747 / 2061       
    Some new units! One for the Confederacy:

And one for... I'm not sure who these belong to...?

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 05-04-13 11:12 AM EDT (US)     748 / 2061       
    ...Seismic tank? How...?

Empress Fumiko
    Clone Trooper
    (id: BananaTrooper)
    posted 05-04-13 12:06 PM EDT (US)     749 / 2061       
    All we need now is a martial arts-wielding Mace Windu. Ah, and a bunch of clones and droids that are too stupid to shoot each other while the other is looking up in awe at the massive thing flying towards them, or when one side decides to dedicate all firepower towards the giant thing instead of the unmoving and more vulnerable things right next to some of them.

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
    Take everything I say with a bucket of salt.
    Perpetually hungry and searching for cheese and pineapples.
    dbiss19
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-04-13 12:20 PM EDT (US)     750 / 2061       
    Hey look I made a post... I love my tanks! They look so finnnne
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames