You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2061 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    More New Worlds of Expanding Fronts

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 12-08-2018 @ 04:52 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    (id: Moff Yittreas)
    posted 08-12-12 05:27 PM EDT (US)     476 / 2061       
    Why no flying buildings?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-13-12 07:50 PM EDT (US)     477 / 2061       
    Negative.
    Anyways, here's some old stuff from Kowe:

EDIT:
    And some not so old stuff from our pals in the Google Trimble 3D Warehouse:

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-16-2012 @ 06:40 PM).]

Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-19-12 00:25 AM EDT (US)     478 / 2061       

Here, have a present.

Sarthos |Sovereign of Syrup
    Uber_Mod_Project | Military Dictator of Modpack Discussion
    Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
    Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
    Pfft. We all know Merai is so liberal that he uses his left hand. :p - Moff
    Lady Gaga is a genius, actually - Crazed Ewok
    Sierra Wolf
    Omega
    (id: Rossk)
    posted 08-19-12 02:21 AM EDT (US)     479 / 2061       
    Wow, that AT-AT Swimmer and AT-XT are absolutely extraordinary!

Ugh, that landed Moldy Crow is bad though. Something about it doesn't like quite right. It's just so grainy.

Sierra Wolf
    Orrion Carn
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-19-12 03:23 AM EDT (US)     480 / 2061       
    Fantastic!

Moldy Crow looks meh, too grainy like what Wolf said.

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
    I play games there, what else did you expect?
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-19-12 11:36 AM EDT (US)     481 / 2061       
    If we can find a better one we'll replace it.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    jordynator
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-19-12 02:39 PM EDT (US)     482 / 2061       
    you could also try to remove the grain yourself, since it is a mech I guess it doesn't have that many frames.
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-19-12 03:12 PM EDT (US)     483 / 2061       
    Oh, if you guys are interested in some technical data on the weapons... I could help. And not guidebook crap; my stuff is straight from the movies. <_<

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-19-12 03:16 PM EDT (US)     484 / 2061       
    I wasn't aware there was any sort of technical data in the movies apart from "x weapon fires y-colored laser and makes z sound. Unless the next scene says otherwise."

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-19-2012 @ 03:16 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-19-12 04:41 PM EDT (US)     485 / 2061       
    Don't you want to have rapid-fire weapons in the game? <_<

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-19-12 05:16 PM EDT (US)     486 / 2061       
    Depends on the unit. Increasing a unit's rate of fire also speeds up their attack animation - provided one is present. So with a lot of troops and walkers, giving them movie-style rapid fire weapons would result in a lot of weird Benny Hill animations. On top of that we'd have to slice down the attack strength of those units significantly so they don't just shred everything they can get a bead on.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-21-12 11:30 AM EDT (US)     487 / 2061       
    I think this is all turning out great i was wondering can you make forces of corruption vehicles and units oh and my mods i use maya
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 08-28-12 01:27 PM EDT (US)     488 / 2061       
    Another genie question. Can heroes be "upgraded" to other heroes via technology?

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-28-12 01:34 PM EDT (US)     489 / 2061       
    can you make forces of corruption vehicles and units
    Not much use for them outside of maybe a couple heroes.
    Can heroes be "upgraded" to other heroes via technology?
    Yeah, that's a thing. As far as I know.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-28-2012 @ 01:55 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 08-28-12 01:51 PM EDT (US)     490 / 2061       
    Sweet, thanks.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-28-12 04:10 PM EDT (US)     491 / 2061       
    The fire rates aren't actually all that high. They're roughly half to a third of what a decent WW2 machine gun can do at the infantry level... fighter cannons can get up there, but still not as fast as other things.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-29-12 08:04 AM EDT (US)     492 / 2061       
    Eh, we'll see what happens. Anyways, have a thing:

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-29-2012 @ 10:57 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-30-12 08:12 PM EDT (US)     493 / 2061       
    Giggity... how are the TX-130s armed?

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-30-12 08:50 PM EDT (US)     494 / 2061       
    Primary weapons consist of the dual anti-infantry guns. When a trooper is garrisoned inside of the tank it enables the secondary beam cannon weapon, which can cause significant damage to mechs and buildings.

Still trying to figure out a way to implement the rocket attack.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-31-12 08:23 AM EDT (US)     495 / 2061       
    I don't suppose you're expanding the AT-AT's troop capacity? And did you split its guns between heavy cannons and anti-infantry blasters?<_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 08-31-2012 @ 08:25 AM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-31-12 08:37 AM EDT (US)     496 / 2061       
    Yes/Yes.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-31-12 12:18 PM EDT (US)     497 / 2061       
    40 troops or 2 AT-STs to an AT-AT?

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-31-12 12:52 PM EDT (US)     498 / 2061       
    Capacity is to be determined. Can only carry infantry and light scout mechs.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-31-12 01:23 PM EDT (US)     499 / 2061       
    Isn't that what I just said?

Megame
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-12-12 07:57 AM EDT (US)     500 / 2061       
    post 500
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames