You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2061 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    More New Worlds of Expanding Fronts

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 12-08-2018 @ 04:52 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Sevsherer
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-24-12 10:12 PM EDT (US)     26 / 2061       
    Mostly paint stuff. Although I used to know a bit about genie editing(Have since forgot it, but I can pick it back up again depending on what you guys need). As with most of my scenarios, the beginning and the idea were great, the finishing never really happened. I've got a lot of time now though and the fact that so much is already put together makes it pretty exciting(enough to actually finish stuff, lol) As for 3d stuff, I've never actually tried it, so I don't know how good or bad I am at it.
    ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-25-12 09:26 AM EDT (US)     27 / 2061       
    All I do is paint editing. I've made a few mods; it's not all that hard, but I've only done, some basic, graphics editing ones.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
    The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-27-12 02:01 AM EDT (US)     28 / 2061       
    Cool cool, if you guys have MSN add me crazyharrydude(at)yahoo(dot)com, otherwise email that address.

Sarthos |Sovereign of Syrup
    Uber_Mod_Project | Military Dictator of Modpack Discussion
    Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
    Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
    Pfft. We all know Merai is so liberal that he uses his left hand. :p - Moff
    Lady Gaga is a genius, actually - Crazed Ewok
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-02-12 02:16 AM EDT (US)     29 / 2061       
    Main post has been updated with an image gallery. Enjoy!

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Lord_Bane88
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-02-12 02:30 PM EDT (US)     30 / 2061       
    Hey guys! Thought there had to be something about this around here so I needed to make a visit

I'll send you the links for the planets I made to see what do you think. =)

Edit: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=6&tn=9920&f=6,9920,0,0&st=60

There you can find sneak previews of the planets.. You should remember those shots back in time, arent perfect but are preety decent I think =P

*-------Vandaliser--------*
    (__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
    <<........*88*........>>
    Episode IV Full Campaign
    ---The Movie's Game Begins---
    Member Of FLD

[This message has been edited by Lord_Bane88 (edited 03-02-2012 @ 03:12 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-04-12 00:47 AM EDT (US)     31 / 2061       
    Glad to have your support. We managed to salvage a lot of stuff from your older mods a while back.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-12-12 01:36 AM EDT (US)     32 / 2061       
    There's a new picture up for the Empire

Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
    Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
    Farlander
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-12-12 01:49 AM EDT (US)     33 / 2061       
    First, I'd like to say that this is insanely cool. First I learn about an expansion-modpack for Age of Kings (called Forgotten Empires which adds new civilizations and stuff into the game) and now this

BUT. But.
    while at the same time staying true to the original feel, and art style of the game.
    This... Most of the GB mods DO NOT stay true to the original art style of the game. And on the screenshots, the ones that just stand out and don't look right, there are quite a few of them: Aayla Secura, Scout Troopers, Felucia Trees, pod racers, Anakin's Clone Wars starfighter, and the beta version of the speeder also stands out (the beta/unused buildings though look cool)... and I think that pretty much covers it.

ALL THAT SAID.

I wish the best of luck to you
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-12-12 06:40 AM EDT (US)     34 / 2061       
    Hey, I was adding civs to GB before those guys even learned to pick their noses

The element of stealth is great sometimes, wouldn't you agree?

[This message has been edited by Sarthos (edited 03-12-2012 @ 06:41 AM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-12-12 07:37 AM EDT (US)     35 / 2061       
    Secura was a placeholder to take that shot, I agree it looks jacked up. I'm not seeing the problems with any of the other stuff you mentioned, and we're being extremely strict about what we're using.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Farlander
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-12-12 08:30 AM EDT (US)     36 / 2061       
    Well, ultimately it's your mod, I'm just giving my onion. But Secura and Felucia trees are the worst offenders in that regard, IMO. The trees look... well... how to explain it... too cel-shaded, you know? Like they were actually drawn by hand.
    Hey, I was adding civs to GB before those guys even learned to pick their noses
    Well, GB modding community was always more advanced. But AoK community always had bigger advances in scenario editing. Like, Trigger Studio was there first (and for a really looooong time wasn't even available for SWGB), and now you can write AoK triggers directly in LUA. So I guess it balances out

Also, AoKH still has an actual, living, breathing and pretty big community
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-12-12 09:00 AM EDT (US)     37 / 2061       
    I can... kinda see what's up with the Felucia trees... but they're really the only ones available to us. If you could point us towards better ones, or at least somebody capable of making them, they can easily be replaced.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-12-12 12:15 PM EDT (US)     38 / 2061       
    I can see the problem with the Felucia trees. They're a little sketchy and don't blend well. I think I can fix that quite quickly if someone can point me to the original mod.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-12-12 12:24 PM EDT (US)     39 / 2061       
    Right here.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Star Wars Guy
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-19-12 09:27 PM EDT (US)     40 / 2061       
    Awesome! Great work.
    Maybe you can add more units and stuff from the Clone Wars TV series like the super tank pic you posted. Also some heroes such as Starkiller (from Force Unleashed).
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-19-12 09:32 PM EDT (US)     41 / 2061       
    The CIS SuperTank will be featured. Because the Clone Wars show is an ongoing series, and LucasFilm seems absolutely determined to add as many new pages as possible to the Essential Guide to Aliens/Vehicles/Planets/Smells/Anything We Can Stamp A Price Tag On/Etc, it is difficult to add every new vehicle, weapon, or character that pops up, so they're a low priority at this point.

Heroes - especially Jedi heroes like Starkiller - require a lot of extra work, and since they aren't really essential to the core gameplay, they're pretty low on our 'to do' lists.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 03-20-2012 @ 04:13 PM).]

Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-19-12 10:50 PM EDT (US)     42 / 2061       
    Yes, our "to-do" list consists of

1. Units that make sense for use in standard games (various tanks, aircraft, a few forms of troopers)
    2. Easy eyecandy
    3. Units that are too specific for standard games, but useful for various campaigns and custom scenarios (like snowtroopers, swamp troopers, etc)
    4. Popular heroes
    5. Less popular heroes.

I think Starkiller lies in the 5th tier.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-24-12 05:24 PM EDT (US)     43 / 2061       
    Image gallery updated.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Farlander
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-24-12 05:42 PM EDT (US)     44 / 2061       
    The new space looks very cool

Although, how does it look like when the surface is 'hilly'? What I liked doing in my scenarios is make different elevation on space to simulate some kind of '3Dishness' since starships wouldn't fly on one plane. It looked well because the texture for space was just black with white dots and it wasn't noticeable that it's actually elevated.
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 03-24-12 06:24 PM EDT (US)     45 / 2061       
    I was going to suggest that it could transition better, but then I realized, "It's GB; no it couldn't." Looks great. Snow carbon looks nice too.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-24-12 06:46 PM EDT (US)     46 / 2061       
    The various nebulae and stars are overlay objects that can be placed in the editor, just like flowers and rocks. The elevation of the terrain shouldn't interfere with how they look.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-29-12 04:44 PM EDT (US)     47 / 2061       
    so did you use 3d max or adobe photo shop to do these
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-29-12 05:26 PM EDT (US)     48 / 2061       
    couple more new pics up.

Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 03-29-12 05:46 PM EDT (US)     49 / 2061       
    I appreciate the size of the capital ships.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-29-12 05:46 PM EDT (US)     50 / 2061       
    Those look great, and seeing the confederacy ships I thought of a new unit to add. Commando droids? Maybe you could design a canon unit which can be in the landed position and in flight? Just throwing it out there...

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames