You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2052 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    Expanding Fronts 1.2.1 Now Available!

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 05-26-2018 @ 08:54 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-02-12 04:43 PM EDT (US)     226 / 2052       
    Might as well keep it rolling.

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Anubis63
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-04-12 11:38 AM EDT (US)     227 / 2052       
    Wow great ! If it's finish, this summer i will not much see the sun ! lol
    Megame
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-07-12 03:44 PM EDT (US)     228 / 2052       
    hey guys,i am new.
    good work Dallows,continue it.

(sorry for my bad english i am from Romania)
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-07-12 05:37 PM EDT (US)     229 / 2052       
    Hey, welcome to GBH. Glad you like the mod, thanks!

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Megame
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-08-12 09:03 AM EDT (US)     230 / 2052       
    I very like the hyena bomber!!but in the clone wars it can walk,I think it will be incredible if the hyena bomber will be a cannon unit.
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-08-12 10:06 AM EDT (US)     231 / 2052       
    If it was the unit wouldn't fly

Sarthos |Sovereign of Syrup
    Uber_Mod_Project | Military Dictator of Modpack Discussion
    Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
    Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
    Pfft. We all know Merai is so liberal that he uses his left hand. :p - Moff
    Lady Gaga is a genius, actually - Crazed Ewok
    Megame
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-08-12 11:00 AM EDT (US)     232 / 2052       
    this is a problem.......
    sarthos i need your uber mod,where can i download it??????
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-08-12 12:01 PM EDT (US)     233 / 2052       
    No idea, if you find a copy tell me! The computer it was on fried and I had no idea the links in the thread didn't work.

Winner of the true Canadian Fourmer Award for going above and beyond the call of being Canadian.
    Winner of the EoD award for the most pointless attempt to prove some one wrong at the expense of his own health
    Megame
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-08-12 12:25 PM EDT (US)     234 / 2052       
    might the uber mod is lost 4ever or might not
    Sierra Wolf
    Omega
    (id: Rossk)
    posted 06-08-12 09:06 PM EDT (US)     235 / 2052       
    Ahh it feels good to be back.

Sierra Wolf
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 06-08-12 09:26 PM EDT (US)     236 / 2052       
    Rossk!!!!

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-10-12 07:38 PM EDT (US)     237 / 2052       
    so whn do we get a hold of those mods
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-10-12 08:27 PM EDT (US)     238 / 2052       
    Whenever we actually finish everything.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    (id: Moff Yittreas)
    posted 06-10-12 08:32 PM EDT (US)     239 / 2052       
    Does that "everything" include the campaigns?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
    Sarthos
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-10-12 08:35 PM EDT (US)     240 / 2052       
    I have no idea, probably once we have some really short quick demo scenarios (so people learn how to utilize new units and features, like the first mission in Battlefront II) but I know nothing of larger campaigns.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-10-12 08:50 PM EDT (US)     241 / 2052       
    Depending on how much work they involve, we might release the mod itself before the main campaigns.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 06-10-12 10:49 PM EDT (US)     242 / 2052       
    Well, don't forget the Diablo III-style Secret Pony Level.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 06-10-2012 @ 10:53 PM).]

ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-11-12 11:16 AM EDT (US)     243 / 2052       
    Did you find an AI person then?

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
    The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-11-12 12:16 PM EDT (US)     244 / 2052       
    Nope.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 06-11-12 03:15 PM EDT (US)     245 / 2052       
    We used to have quite a few... LEE_W wrote a good script for my campaign.

Empress Fumiko
    Clone Trooper
    (id: BananaTrooper)
    posted 06-16-12 07:39 AM EDT (US)     246 / 2052       
    Erm, I don't know if this was addressed before, but what about the CIS-Trade Federation connection? Are they still going to be individual factions with sub-factions? Because the Trade Federation is technically a sub-faction of the CIS (Canonically).

Seeing as B1 Battle Droids were used by both factions, will we be seeing them occasionally fighting with and against B2 SBDs? What I mean is, will CIS Players have access to B1s as well? It seems like a major lapse in canonicity (not something SWGB abundantly contains anyway) if B1s are not used by the CIS as well.

Now someone is going to say the inevitable...
    OMG GUIZE TEH ORIGINAL GAEM NO PUT B1 WF TEH CIS
    Actually, they did. In one campaign mission, but I was happy to see that they actually bothered to try.

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
    Take everything I say with a bucket of salt.
    Perpetually hungry and searching for cheese and pineapples.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-16-12 12:56 PM EDT (US)     247 / 2052       
    The Confederacy and Trade Federation are still separate civilizations with full rosters. Addressing the battle droid issue, the Trade Federation builds OOM series droids, while the Confederacy uses B1s. Visually, they're identical. But, the OOMs are tougher, more accurate, more expensive, and don't have voices that sound like nails on a chalkboard.

The Confederacy B1s are complete garbage in almost every way, but they're dirt cheap. The only way you'll even pray to win using them exclusively is if you can swarm 200+ of the damned things at the enemy.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 06-16-2012 @ 12:57 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 06-16-12 01:19 PM EDT (US)     248 / 2052       
    Actually, OOMs were the command, security, and piloting units. The "grunts" were B1s.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 06-16-12 01:39 PM EDT (US)     249 / 2052       
    Not what this says.

Or maybe I just read it wrong. But whatever, TF uses OOMs, CIS uses rubbish.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 06-16-2012 @ 01:43 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 06-16-12 02:27 PM EDT (US)     250 / 2052       
    This says they were. Of course... inconsistency with SW; what else is new? <_<

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames