You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2052 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 78 79 80 81 82  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    Expanding Fronts 1.2.1 Now Available!

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 05-26-2018 @ 08:54 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Lord Vader672)
    posted 04-17-18 12:54 PM EDT (US)     1976 / 2052       
    That third one is just obscene.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
    "I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
    "The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
    AFFA the Cleric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 04-18-18 10:06 AM EDT (US)     1977 / 2052       
    Hi All,

I've just sent a message here in order to get rid of an issue, I simply can't run the mod, it doesn't starts...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    (id: The Vampire Slayer)
    posted 04-18-18 12:09 PM EDT (US)     1978 / 2052       
    @Flying Ace And distracting from the last one, it seems, which is the real keynote there.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    || ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 04-18-2018 @ 12:09 PM).]

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Lord Vader672)
    posted 04-18-18 01:37 PM EDT (US)     1979 / 2052       
    Well whose fault is that?

Consortium Worker I take it?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
    "I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
    "The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
    Delta_86
    Clone Trooper
    posted 04-24-18 09:23 PM EDT (US)     1980 / 2052       
    Thank you, but there is one more issue I forgot to bring up, although it's been a while since I last tested it. On map sizes larger than the vanilla game, units won't go where they're told past a certain distance. I right click halfway across the map, and they just stay put, so I had to manually bring them to their destination click by click. Can they only go as far as the vanilla map distance?
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 04-26-18 01:17 AM EDT (US)     1981 / 2052       
    I'm pretty sure that's a known issue and if I'm not mistaken, there is even a warning stating as much in the configurator tool if you enable maps that large.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
    Alino
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-04-18 05:38 AM EDT (US)     1982 / 2052       
    Quick question - What else is being worked on for the mod? It feels pretty complete to me, unless you guys are expanding the civs even farther or adding more civs as a whole. (Or adding more scenario options / more map types / etc)
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-04-18 05:58 PM EDT (US)     1983 / 2052       
    Currently, we're trying to finish the CIVs that we started with our new update this month: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-galactic-battlegrounds-expanding-fronts/news/expanding-fronts-may-update

After that, mayhaps some new CIVs and more heroes/editor stuff.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 05-04-2018 @ 05:59 PM).]

Alino
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-05-18 07:36 AM EDT (US)     1984 / 2052       
    Oh I'm glad to see my favorite faction from this game getting some more love.

Also, if I may suggest another faction (if you guys are truly planning on more), I would recommend Hutt Cartels simply because they've got alot of nice usable stuff already. (All the random aliens from the editor could be used to fill alot of roles. Seeing Hutt Cartels use Tusken Tents instead of Jedi Temples would be absolutely hilarious.)

A big thing I would personally like (not sure how tough it'd be) is unique Jedi / Sith Temples for each faction with maybe unique looking Jedi / Sith. I'm not sure how many other people would want that though, so ya know, I'm fine with whatever you guys are doing.

So, keep up the good work, this mod is great. I can feel like a kid again when playing the new factions and worlds with my father and brother
    MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-06-18 07:22 AM EDT (US)     1985 / 2052       
    Mm, I'd agree with unique Jedi/Sith Temples. Unique jedi Knights aren't quite such a major issue, given that the difference between a Repubican, Nabooan and Rebel Knight would likely be limited (all would be human), the same for the Empire, Confederacy, Zann Consortium etc.
    Alino
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-06-18 11:47 AM EDT (US)     1986 / 2052       
    But what about Darth Jar Jar as a Gungan Sith Lord?
    MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-07-18 03:20 AM EDT (US)     1987 / 2052       
    The less said about Jar Jar in any form the better.
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-08-18 06:20 PM EDT (US)     1988 / 2052       
    I love how this is starting keep up the good work. yall
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-09-18 08:12 PM EDT (US)     1989 / 2052       
    3d modeling is fun to do i like to do things quick though.
    aoeplayer123
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-13-18 04:35 AM EDT (US)     1990 / 2052       
    there is a mod for rey and the rest of the new movies heroes ?
    and of course the first order and the resistance and more...

[This message has been edited by aoeplayer123 (edited 05-13-2018 @ 04:49 AM).]

Alino
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-13-18 11:37 AM EDT (US)     1991 / 2052       
    I'm not sure we'll get Resistance and First Order. They'd just be reskinned Empire / Rebels (Although I guess First Order would have more emphasis on troops instead of sith)

That said, it'd be neat if Resistance just used the Millennium Falcon as their Command Center and the rest of their buildings were like tents XD
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-14-18 01:50 AM EDT (US)     1992 / 2052       
    We have CIV outlines for both First Order and Resistance that would make them unique enough, if added (not just reskinned Empire/Rebels).

We don't have New trilogy heroes in yet, except BB-8, but they are on our to-do list, along with many others.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
    aoeplayer123
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-14-18 02:22 AM EDT (US)     1993 / 2052       
    great i cannot wait !
    MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-14-18 04:26 AM EDT (US)     1994 / 2052       
    Mm, for new Civs I'd rather have Mandalorians or Hutts than Resistance or First Order, and not just because the Resistance and First Order would have to be released together to make any sense, which isn't true for the Mandalorians and Hutts.
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-14-18 05:06 PM EDT (US)     1995 / 2052       
    i would like to see a mon calimari civilization.
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-14-18 05:16 PM EDT (US)     1996 / 2052       
    "Mandalorians"
    "Hutts"
    "mon calimari"

We have outlines for them, too. I think something like 16 possible civs in total have outlines on how they would work, if added.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 05-14-18 05:38 PM EDT (US)     1997 / 2052       
    Have you guys contacted Invertix about using his Mon Cal assets? I ran into him on another board a couple years ago, but sadly that board went down last year. :/

ETA: Here's his Nexus profile, if it helps.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 05-14-2018 @ 05:43 PM).]

obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-14-18 07:32 PM EDT (US)     1998 / 2052       
    we can keep up the age of empire age of king civilizations and rival them.
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-14-18 07:35 PM EDT (US)     1999 / 2052       
    you know from the hutt's I think grands or reyee's race of people would be good foot soldiers. i played them in dark forces 1,2,and mysteries of the sith.
    aoeplayer123
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-15-18 11:27 AM EDT (US)     2000 / 2052       
    i also wish to see the rouge one heroes
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 78 79 80 81 82  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames