You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2061 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68 69 70 71 72 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    More New Worlds of Expanding Fronts

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 12-08-2018 @ 04:52 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-15-17 05:37 PM EDT (US)     1726 / 2061       
    It's staying as-is. The minor differences between them are not worth the effort it'd take to build and animate new models.

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    TyranicRex
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-15-17 07:20 PM EDT (US)     1727 / 2061       
    On a separate note is the mod complete or are you guys still adding content and new additions to the game?
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    (id: The Vampire Slayer)
    posted 05-16-17 04:25 AM EDT (US)     1728 / 2061       
    We're still adding stuff. I'm guessing we'll have another update this summer, or at least a small update sometime soon.

I won't say what Dallows and others have been working on, but I've got some new props for the editor. There are new interior wall sets for Yavin IV base and Bespin Cloud City. I also made some new props for Otoh Gunga, since I'm doing an all new scenario there for my TPM campaign (now separate from "The Planet Core" scenario). The next update will get the new version of Swamps of Naboo and maybe the new Otoh Gunga scenario if I finish it in time for the update.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    || ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 05-16-2017 @ 04:41 AM).]

TyranicRex
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-16-17 08:35 PM EDT (US)     1729 / 2061       
    Awesome! Can't wait to see it. I have been enjoying Expanding Fronts and the new unit's especially, as well as the resolution options in the configurator.
    In an earlier post you told me that the Expanding Fronts Interfac.drs file could not be edited, why is this? I love Expanding Fronts and would like to add some extra Icons! haha
    Ramsky
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-17-17 02:29 AM EDT (US)     1730 / 2061       
    Hi all... Excusme i wanna ask something, in this mod is many new unit created. But only can use in edit scenario. Why that's new unit is cannot use in standard game.. well just ask, thank you for answer.

Btw, i new in here.. My nickname is ramsky.. Nice to meet you guys !!

May the force be with us
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-17-17 03:40 AM EDT (US)     1731 / 2061       
    ^ Because of balance issues. There are many new Empire and Rebel units, but not so much for Gungans or Wookies, etc. It'd make the game unfair to play. However, scenarios have the ability to add these editor only units to buildings with triggers. So if you want to test out the new units in a build and destroy type game, you can create or maybe download a scenario/campaign that does that.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
    TyranicRex
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-17-17 06:05 PM EDT (US)     1732 / 2061       
    Oh okay, balance issues for multiplayer? What about if we use the mod for single player and want to edit drs files, is there a way to bypass whatever is blocking us from doing so?
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-18-17 09:30 AM EDT (US)     1733 / 2061       
    There is nothing 'blocking' anybody from altering EF's data.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    TyranicRex
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-18-17 01:14 PM EDT (US)     1734 / 2061       
    Okay thanks I must have been editing the wrong interfac file.

The last issue I have run into is the Expanding Fronts battlegrounds_x2 will not play in game music while the battlegrounds_x1 plays the music from the music file just fine, without a disc, I have the gog version.

I have seen similar posts about this but the solution was simply that the game used the disc to play the music so you need the disc, but I don't use the disc and my music works fine.

So if the x1 version plays the music fine then why might the battlegrounds_x2 not be able to play the music?
    Darth Kiro
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-18-17 01:48 PM EDT (US)     1735 / 2061       
    FIRST: BUG REPORT
    For my own purposes I was changing AAT(OOM 224)'s stats (ATK, Blast Radius etc.) and found out that if he attacks while having changed stats, they are set back to their original quantity (which shouldn't happen obviously). However, if the stats are changed while AAT(OOM 224) shoots at something, the stats won't be set back to their original quantity (there is no bug then). This happens with AAT(OOM 224) who is a new unit and perhaps some other new units may have the same problem.

SECOND: PROJECTILE ID'S
    I found out how to change the units' projectiles. However, some projectiles have numbers like 2000+ so I have to randomly set to different quantities in order to find new projectile types. Is there a way to define what would be the projectile according to the entered number?
    Vardamir
    Huskarl
    posted 05-18-17 06:14 PM EDT (US)     1736 / 2061       
    The bug is a side effect of OOM-224's (secondary) weapon swapping system, where he switches between three different units when ordered to attack infantry, vehicles, or buildings/ships. If he's a single hero, this can be worked around by unhiding his other two variants and using triggers to detect when he changes.

For identifying projectiles, the easiest way is to download Advanced Genie Editor and find the Projectile Unit ID of a unit that has the projectile you want.

AoK: Realms
    Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times
    TyranicRex
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-19-17 06:52 PM EDT (US)     1737 / 2061       
    Nevermind about the sound issue, I got it working.
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-23-17 04:13 AM EDT (US)     1738 / 2061       
    Just thought I'd show you guys a new peak at the TPM Remaster:

(Click to enlarge)

Remember, Otoh Gunga is it's own scenario now. It's not just a cut-scene in the Planet Core scenario anymore.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 05-23-2017 @ 04:18 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 05-23-17 11:00 AM EDT (US)     1739 / 2061       
    Nice.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Darth Kiro
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-23-17 11:54 AM EDT (US)     1740 / 2061       
    And I guess the Otoh Gunga's mission will be a cinematic anyways, huh?

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiro (edited 05-23-2017 @ 11:55 AM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 05-23-17 12:21 PM EDT (US)     1741 / 2061       
    No, it is playable.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-23-17 06:10 PM EDT (US)     1742 / 2061       
    I did not expect this! Is it available for download or a work in progress?
    Vardamir
    Huskarl
    posted 05-23-17 08:37 PM EDT (US)     1743 / 2061       
    Work in progress

AoK: Realms
    Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 05-24-17 05:26 AM EDT (US)     1744 / 2061       
    Yes, it's playable and it will focus on solving puzzles to advance. It will be available with the next EF update along with Swamps of Naboo, assuming I finish it in time. I'll probably just release the scenarios in batches with our updates, so depending on when our next update is, you might even see a new version of The Planet Core, or even Theed City.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 05-24-2017 @ 07:02 AM).]

MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-12-17 05:44 AM EDT (US)     1745 / 2061       
    What terrain are you using for the main floor of Otoh Gunga?
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-12-17 08:45 AM EDT (US)     1746 / 2061       
    The Otoh Gunga floor is a tile-set prop, at least until new terrains can be added, if possible.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
    MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-13-17 05:59 AM EDT (US)     1747 / 2061       
    And how do you access it? I can't seem to find it in the 'other' section of the nit menu in the scenario editor. Oh I've found the highlights, but not the floor panels themselves.
    Darth Kiro
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-14-17 00:11 AM EDT (US)     1748 / 2061       
    Look for them in GAIA/others.

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiro (edited 06-14-2017 @ 00:12 AM).]

MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-14-17 04:25 AM EDT (US)     1749 / 2061       
    I was talking about the black panels, not the highlights, I already know how to find the highlights.
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    posted 06-14-17 05:48 AM EDT (US)     1750 / 2061       
    Its a new prop not released yet. Should be in the next monthly build. It will be under the name Otoh Gunga Floor Tile.

Anyway, I'm basically finished with the Otoh Gunga scenario. I just need to polish it up a bit more. You guys should definitely see it in the next EF update. Maybe The Planet Core, too. I'm considering doing a major overhaul to the map of Theed City, so I'm not sure if that one will be ready in time for the next update.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 06-14-2017 @ 08:30 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68 69 70 71 72 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames