You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2061 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    More New Worlds of Expanding Fronts

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 12-08-2018 @ 04:52 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-28-16 12:13 PM EDT (US)     1476 / 2061       
    Wait, Dallows is that your voice!?

... You sound very different from what I imagined you would sound like.

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-26-2017 @ 02:39 AM).]

MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-30-16 04:37 PM EDT (US)     1477 / 2061       
    I am eagerly awaiting that list.

Also, my screen recently crapped out, and the only replacement I could get had a ratio of 16:9, compared with 4:3 for my old one, which makes the game look weird. Is there any plans for non 4:3 screen ratio support to be added in the future?

[This message has been edited by MatthewII (edited 09-26-2016 @ 04:36 AM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-30-16 05:45 PM EDT (US)     1478 / 2061       
    Every widescreen solution we've come across presents horrible stability issues in one form or another. If/when we find one that works, we'll implement it.

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-30-2016 @ 08:15 PM).]

MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-30-16 06:43 PM EDT (US)     1479 / 2061       
    Ah, right, fair enough.

Also, the 'Change Object Speed' trigger effect doesn't seem to do anything.

[This message has been edited by MatthewII (edited 08-31-2016 @ 01:05 AM).]

obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-31-16 09:58 AM EDT (US)     1480 / 2061       
    Hey Captain Keno I wanted to apologize for my grammar. I type to fast . So Mr Gen_Rhys_Dallows How long did it took you to make expanding front's
    Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-31-16 11:02 PM EDT (US)     1481 / 2061       
    Hey Captain Keno I wanted to apologize for my grammar. I type to fast .
    Oh, well that's alright. I type fast too sometimes, but I usually spell check my posts and make sure the grammar isn't in error.

Although I have made mistakes in typing as well, that's why I usually edit my posts quite a bit. this also applies to grammar as well.
    Tevious
    Clone Trooper
    (id: The Vampire Slayer)
    posted 09-01-16 03:51 AM EDT (US)     1482 / 2061       
    Change Object Speed does work. You just need to enter bigger numbers. Try entering 50 and you'll see a difference then.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
    || OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
    || ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
    @)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-02-16 08:30 AM EDT (US)     1483 / 2061       
    Working on another 3d model if your interested well I was planning to do one dying just front or side making it sort of like a dark forces sprite from the first one the first shooting game dark forces you guy's are right i need to work on the animation . Oh and looking foward seeing the new sprites and cicvilizations can't wait to see the zan cortium heroes and heroins.
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-02-16 08:32 AM EDT (US)     1484 / 2061       
    Man i need to do more reading for my grammar and spelling bleah.
    Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Lord Vader672)
    posted 09-03-16 04:05 AM EDT (US)     1485 / 2061       
    Just out of curiosity; does that trigger in the video make it so you can change a unit's targeting too? Such as making an AA-Trooper fire at ground units?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
    "I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
    "The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 09-03-16 07:44 PM EDT (US)     1486 / 2061       
    Not that I am aware of, but I don't know all of its possible effects yet.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-07-16 02:09 AM EDT (US)     1487 / 2061       

Here is some imperial buildings that i have developed
    Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-07-16 09:40 PM EDT (US)     1488 / 2061       
    obiwan, Seriously, watch yourself.... I'm just sayin'
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-08-16 04:09 AM EDT (US)     1489 / 2061       
    Alright I get youur point I promise it will not happen again.
    T-T sincere apologies.
    MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-08-16 02:18 PM EDT (US)     1490 / 2061       
    One thing that bugs me about this game (bugged me about AoK as well), is the way you need a Fortress to get a Cannon. It makes no sense, it's a heavy weapon, it should be produced at the Heavy Weapons Factory.

[This message has been edited by MatthewII (edited 09-09-2016 @ 03:19 AM).]

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-09-16 02:37 PM EDT (US)     1491 / 2061       
    Yes but the cannon (or Trebuchet if you're feeling medieval) is the best siege weapon in the game. As such I would consider it a special unit like the civ specifics or Bounty Hunters.

Also, I'm not sure I'd consider it much of a heavy weapon since it is far more breakable than simple artillery. Hell at times it feels like it'd be better to just storm a base with pummels.

Also...Siege Rams > all.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
    MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-10-16 02:06 AM EDT (US)     1492 / 2061       
    Except Jedi and Mounted Troopers. Also, the Cannon isn't easily breakable, 150 Hp and 1/150 armour vs 120 hp and 0/7 armour for the Heavy Artillery.

[This message has been edited by MatthewII (edited 09-10-2016 @ 02:15 AM).]

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-10-16 09:35 AM EDT (US)     1493 / 2061       
    I dunno. I've never had a problem breaking them with regular infantry. It just feels like HW factory units are more durable. But the damage output is unquestionably better on the cannon.

MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-10-16 01:16 PM EDT (US)     1494 / 2061       
    Weighed out partially by mobility and attack being mutually exclusive states, and having atrocious accuracy.
    Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-10-16 06:05 PM EDT (US)     1495 / 2061       
    Ugh, tell me about it. One game I played I bombarding a fortress. Missed three times in a row. That's what made me go with pummels. Or bombers if I'm feeling particularly ballsy.

MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-20-16 06:40 PM EDT (US)     1496 / 2061       
    A few ideas I've had for possible additional units:
    * Bongo (Shipyard, Gungan only) - an underwater transport than can carry 3 infantry units.
    * Gunship (Airbase) - an air unit that both carries infantry (2-3) and can attack.
    * Engineer (Fortress) - an infantry unit that can construct walls and turrets and repair units at a greater rate (say +33%) than the worker, plus has a (albeit weak) ranged attack.

[This message has been edited by MatthewII (edited 09-20-2016 @ 07:59 PM).]

NecroRAM
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-21-16 05:46 AM EDT (US)     1497 / 2061       
    Is there a possibility for the units to have their correct star wars names for every faction instead of the generic names like "trooper" or "heavy artillery"? It would add a layer of authenticity to the game and feel like youre playing a unique civilization.
    MatthewII
    Clone Trooper
    posted 09-21-16 06:17 PM EDT (US)     1498 / 2061       
    If you're going to do that, you might want to adjust the stats to match, so Trade Federation troopers cost no food and are built faster, but have reduced Hp, the Gungan troopers cost less-than-normal carbon, but have reduced range and attack, Confederacy troopers cost no food, but cost 55 carbon, etc.

[This message has been edited by MatthewII (edited 09-21-2016 @ 06:42 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 09-21-16 07:08 PM EDT (US)     1499 / 2061       
    Is there a possibility for the units to have their correct star wars names
    We've heard arguments that giving every unit their canonical name could cause confusion during games. Unlike in AoK where every unit looks the same, GB civs are very visually diverse, and it may not be immediately obvious what a unit's role is based on looks alone. I don't think it's too big of a deal, but we're keeping the standard name scheme for now.
    you might want to adjust the stats to match
    That's never going to happen, regardless of which route we take. Trying to make 'authentic' stats for every single unit in the game would be a colossal nightmare to try and balance.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 09-21-2016 @ 07:08 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 09-21-16 07:12 PM EDT (US)     1500 / 2061       
    Trying to make 'authentic' stats for every single unit in the game would be a colossal nightmare to try and balance.
    Not least of all because SW goes out of its way to make the bad guys look incompetent. There goes the TF, Confederacy, and Empire as viable civs. For completely different reasons, that would also nix the Gungans, Naboo, and quite possibly the Wookiees as viable civs.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames