You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2061 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    More New Worlds of Expanding Fronts

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 12-08-2018 @ 04:52 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    DJeronimo
    Banned
    posted 11-08-13 07:47 AM EDT (US)     976 / 2061       
    could you add a spy to the game, a light unit, hard detectable, and maybe some saboteurs with some damage against buildings, perfect for the rebels...
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-09-13 12:32 PM EDT (US)     977 / 2061       
    So gen reys dallows do you like the dark forces storm trooper
    i made
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 11-09-13 01:19 PM EDT (US)     978 / 2061       
    I haven't installed or looked at any mods outside of EF for a while.

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-09-13 04:27 PM EDT (US)     979 / 2061       
    So what is your next plan dallows ?
    DJeronimo
    Banned
    posted 11-10-13 11:40 PM EDT (US)     980 / 2061       
    i tested the game over weekend, and it seemed ok, but the GE sniper is a building? cause one can see the outline of other units nehind him. also i would say it is absolut the experience with those subfractions and if there would any for the naboo, especially - colaborating governement versus naboo rebels, and if all the civilisations get subfractions? this beta is already a very good start and i hope to see the whole expansion.
    also a notice - the techtree is not fully edited yet
    obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-11-13 02:27 PM EDT (US)     981 / 2061       
    I also played your game dallows There were some glitches
    with the sounds but i know you will fix it i give your
    game a five star keep up the good work.
    Seanbb
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-12-13 08:08 AM EDT (US)     982 / 2061       

This is the last AoE2 patch, now whit the HD patch the game are better.

If SWGB is build from AoE2 can someone make the same patch for star wars?

[This message has been edited by Seanbb (edited 11-12-2013 @ 08:16 AM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 11-12-13 09:00 AM EDT (US)     983 / 2061       
    That isn't a patch; it's a complete HD remake of the game by a professional development studio.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Seanbb
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-12-13 11:33 AM EDT (US)     984 / 2061       
    OK, you're right.
    sorry.

PS sometimes the game crash when I select a save file to load.

[This message has been edited by Seanbb (edited 11-12-2013 @ 11:35 AM).]

obiwan blue
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-14-13 09:53 PM EDT (US)     985 / 2061       
    So dallows do you still have graphic designers and if you do
    I would like to meet them because I like to learn things
    to make my 3d art improve.

Sorry for been a annoyance.
    RC1136 Darman
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-18-13 06:00 PM EDT (US)     986 / 2061       
    As I've said on the download page, this mod is amazing! But, there are a few major things that have been left out:

- Republic Commandos (Republic)
    - AT-APs (Republic/Empire)
    - T4-Bs (Alliance)
    - T3-Bs (Alliance)
    - Crab Droids (Confederacy/Trade Federation)
    - Tri Droids (Confederacy/Trade Federation)
    - all of the Clone commanders that have been ignored here (Cody, Bly, Gree etc.) (Republic)
    - more frigates/starships (e.g. Nebulon-B, Lukrehulk Battleship, Victory I, Victory II, Acclamator II, etc.)
    - MPTL-2As (Alliance)
    - heroes/villains (Grievous, Dengar, 4-LOM, Ahsoka, Thrawn, etc.)
    - a fixed Darth Vader - we all have mods already installed, and you know that the Darth Vader has been messed up for a lot of us, although I don't know what caused it, so I have to resort to using "Imperial Commander" thus, I can't play the Darth Vader campaign!

I know this is a long list, but these things are important! But, anyways, the mod is still looking great, and I could possibly work on some maps if needed - although I'm better at desert maps (Geonosis, Tatooine, Ryloth, etc.) snow maps (Hoth, Rhen Var, Alzoc III, etc.) and savanna (Naboo, Carida, Thyferra, etc.) maps. So, yeah. Lemme know!
    ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-18-13 06:06 PM EDT (US)     987 / 2061       
    This Beta is only for the Empire. The fact that some things from other civs have been left out does not necessarily mean that they won't later be implemented. The modders are working to build it civ by civ, and the Empire is the only one that's ready for testing with the Beta.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
    The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
    DJeronimo
    Banned
    posted 11-19-13 04:45 AM EDT (US)     988 / 2061       
    guys, do you know how to have more than 40 buildings available for the building menu, it could help me a lot. thanks
    RC1136 Darman
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-22-13 04:51 PM EDT (US)     989 / 2061       
    OK, I know I already told you some of the stuff I'd like to see added, but I have another request. You know how some of the Rebel and Imperial units are from Empire At War? Well, I was hoping you could add some of the other units, like:

REBEL
    - T4-B
    - MPTL-2a Artillery
    - Gallofree HTT
    - A more to-scale GR-75 Transport
    - A more to-scale Corellian Corvette [AKA: Blockade Runner]
    - Nebulon-B Frigate
    - Corellian Gunboat
    - Marauder Cruiser
    - Assault Frigate
    EMPIRE
    - Tartan Patrol Cruiser
    - Acclamator II
    - Victory I
    - Broadside Cruiser
    - Immobilizer 418 [AKA: Interdictor]

And, there are some others that are not from Empire At War.

REBEL
    - Katana Dreadnaught
    - Nebulon B-2
    - T3-B
    - Skipray Blastboats
    EMPIRE
    - Dreadnaught
    - Carrack
    - IPV-1
    - Victory II
    - AT-AP
    - XR-85

Yeah, I know this list is probably as long as the other one, if not longer, but the fact that you guys already got some stuff from EAW, it makes it seem like you could easily do more. I know this is still a beta, but these are just requests. I mean, since it IS still a beta, I will take advantage of this time period to give you ideas. Thanks.

"Begun, the Clone War has..." - Master Yoda
    Stick to training Jedi, Yoda, talking is not your specialty.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 11-22-13 05:30 PM EDT (US)     990 / 2061       
    Before you go ahead and request every single thing on Wookiepedia, we're not adding anything and everything just for the sake of having it, otherwise we'd never be finished with this. It's hard enough finding or building the stuff we need. We've already got a plan as to what units are being put in, and there's really nothing you can list that we haven't already considered at some point - especially with the Empire.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 11-22-2013 @ 05:53 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    (id: Moff Yittreas)
    posted 11-23-13 01:59 PM EDT (US)     991 / 2061       
    Also, in game, there'd be no difference between a Katana fleet Dreadnaught and the standard build of the cruiser. It doesn't include crew complements.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
    RC1136 Darman
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-23-13 07:15 PM EDT (US)     992 / 2061       
    Nevermind...
    although I really would like to see, you know, Republic Commandos, Commando Droids, HAGs, all that...
    sorry, i just read your reply right after I posted...
    xD

"Begun, the Clone War has..." - Master Yoda
    Stick to training Jedi, Yoda, talking is not your specialty.

[This message has been edited by RC1136 Darman (edited 11-23-2013 @ 07:29 PM).]

Anubis63
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-25-13 04:48 PM EDT (US)     993 / 2061       
    Hey guys, I have a problem, here I use a computer with Vista I precise because it's maybe the problem, so i can't use Genied Ed this mother****er told me he can't find the file C:Programs files\SWGB\etc
    Can you help me please, I checked and the files is on his place.
    Canzah
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-26-13 07:23 AM EDT (US)     994 / 2061       
    I saw the trailer video for the mod as well as the screens of it in widescreen, but after I installed it, the game still doesn't support widescreen.
    Is my mod installation wrong or what? I really want to play in widescreen.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 11-26-13 07:49 AM EDT (US)     995 / 2061       
    There are some stability issues with the widescreen features, so they were not included in this release. Once it's working properly, we'll roll it out.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    albatross47
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-26-13 01:04 PM EDT (US)     996 / 2061       
    Hi! I just want to tell you that your mod is the best I've ever seen.
    Me and my friends who play this game encourage you for the next!
    Canzah
    Clone Trooper
    posted 11-27-13 08:13 AM EDT (US)     997 / 2061       
    I just hope your widescreen features will work in ALL SP campaigns, and not just Clone Wars like the Voobly hack. I really want to replay this game after all these days but I absolutely hate the Clone Wars campaigns.
    Achesun
    Clone Trooper
    posted 12-06-13 08:27 PM EDT (US)     998 / 2061       
    Hi, I'm a mod designer from Age of kings heaven. I tried the empire beta several days ago and was really an awesome mod. Nice work!

I saw you are looking for 2D/3D designers, and think I might be able to help a little bit. I've been modding AOK for a while, and since SWGB is quite similar to AOK, I think it would probably be similar modding it too. So here are two preview screenshoots of my work.

If you think these graphics are good enough in quality, I'll be happy to make more for this mod. There are some restraints, though, like non of the SWGB Modding tools works on my PC(asked for help but found no reasons), so I'll be likely to have to send the unit graphics in bmp format to you. Also due to my limited 3D modelling skill, I'll be only able to make humanoid units now because I've got a good template setup of doing that. Thanks of reading my post.
    ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 12-06-13 08:31 PM EDT (US)     999 / 2061       
    Those are nice, mate! Whether the team uses them or not, they're impressive!

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
    The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 12-06-13 09:00 PM EDT (US)     1000 / 2061       
    Looks nice.

Also, 1000th post! I've never actually gotten to do that before.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 83  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames