You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2052 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-21-12 03:51 PM EDT (US)         

Welcome to Expanding Fronts
Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings countless new units, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to the classic LucasArts strategy game.

New Features
  • New Civilizations! Do battle with two entirely new playable civilizations; the seedy Zann Consortium crime syndicate, and the insectoid Geonosians. Each new civ is fully realized with a unique graphics set, as well as a competetive roster of new units and technologies.

• New Units and Techs! The standard unit and tech tree roster of each civ has been enhanced with numerous new units and techs, allowing more gameplay options than ever before. Use Transport Mechs to ferry infantry into battle; dominate the skies with the Interceptor; annihilate coastal defenses with Monitors; and much more!

• New Maps! Expanding Fronts provides players with over a dozen new Random Map scripts, based on various worlds from the Star Wars universe. Over 30 new terrain options, native buildings that provide benefits when captured, and an increase to maximum map size make these settings more unique than anything ever seen before in GB. From the wastelands of Jakku, to the snow-tipped peaks of Alderaan; the galaxy is yours to conquer!

• Enhanced Scenario Editor! The barriers of the editor have been shattered with countless new enhancements. Off-grid object placement, new terrains, countless new props, and completely new triggers make designing complex and compelling scenarios easier than ever before!

Can I help?
    Expanding Fronts is always looking for new helpers! We are currently in need of:
  • Skilled 3D artists who can create, animate, and render infantry, animals, structures, and vehicles.

• AI scripters to help ensure computer players know how to make effective use of all of the new units, techs, and features.

LATEST NEWS
    Expanding Fronts 1.2.1 Now Available!

DOWNLOADS
    Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Exe Installer)

Expanding Fronts V1.2.1 (Manual Installer)
    Google Drive Monthly Builds
    GExpanding Fronts V1.2.1a Hotfix

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    New Scenario Editor Guide
    Troubleshooting Guide

SCREENSHOT GALLERY
    (Select thumbnail to view full image)

GALACTIC EMPIRE

GUNGAN GRAND ARMY

REBEL ALLIANCE

ROYAL NABOO

TRADE FEDERATION

WOOKIEES

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

CONFEDERACY

ZANN CONSORTIUM

GEONOSIANS

OTHERS

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 05-26-2018 @ 08:54 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    (id: Admiral Zaarin)
    posted 07-30-14 05:41 PM EDT (US)     1226 / 2052       
    In short, one can never accuse Force Commander of trying to be anything but one of the worst SW games.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
    deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
    "But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
    What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    (id: Moff Yittreas)
    posted 07-30-14 05:43 PM EDT (US)     1227 / 2052       
    ...That's unfair, too.

The story was good, and God knows they tried, but... the technology just wasn't there, and what was there, they didn't know how to use it.

But yeah, I'd say the Jar Jar Dance Off or whatever it was is worse. Or, if we're counting "classic" LucasArts, then probably X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, since it was like what everyone feared ME3 would be when they announced the MP/Campaign tie-in.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    posted 07-30-14 05:48 PM EDT (US)     1228 / 2052       
    You'll note I didn't say the worst I said one of the worst.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 07-30-14 05:59 PM EDT (US)     1229 / 2052       
    Ehh.

Perhaps. I mean, there really are so many... pull up the "Star Wars games" page at Wookieepedia and I can tell you I haven't heard of most of them. Maybe among the serious, "not ten-minute edutainment jobs for preschoolers" games, it would qualify on that score.

But it's crime is just... thinking too big, trying to push its limits. But then limits pushed back. With a krogan charge.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    "Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    posted 07-30-14 06:25 PM EDT (US)     1230 / 2052       
    Fine, one of the worst major SW games.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 07-30-14 07:39 PM EDT (US)     1231 / 2052       
    "not ten-minute edutainment jobs for preschoolers"
    Gungan Frontier was actually a pretty decent ecosystem management sim...

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 07-30-14 07:45 PM EDT (US)     1232 / 2052       
    So was SimPark.

Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    posted 07-30-14 09:27 PM EDT (US)     1233 / 2052       
    And Droid Works was actually pretty awesome, even if it used the same awful engine JK did.
    Gungan Frontier was actually a pretty decent ecosystem management sim...
    Green glee takes over everything!!!

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 07-30-2014 @ 09:29 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 07-31-14 10:33 PM EDT (US)     1234 / 2052       
    I normally don't put up shots of models, because the stuff I make generally looks terrible when it isn't shrunk down to GB size. But this damned thing was so much of a pain in the ass to make I feel like I have to show it up close:

This is the Rusty Eagle. Based on the unit of the same name from everybody's favorite strategy game, Force Commander.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    DesoPL
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-01-14 01:49 AM EDT (US)     1235 / 2052       
    Looks interesing.

By the way... Clone Sniper got this model? http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060916013744/starwars/images/9/9e/Clone_Sniper.jpg
    Seanbb
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-02-14 06:36 AM EDT (US)     1236 / 2052       
    The next update will include new buildings and the other improvements (as the droideka barrier) which appear in the screenshots?

Pods, new maps & locations, new buildings...
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-06-14 09:59 AM EDT (US)     1237 / 2052       
    I briefly discussed doing new unit profiles with Dallows. We'll see.

res1fwfu
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-10-14 09:09 PM EDT (US)     1238 / 2052       
    I had an idea about adding a way to build heroes during the game. You could only build one of each hero at a time, and each time you go up an age another hero unlocks. I have seen a lot of Mods come close to this but have a major flaw, The Jedi Force Powers Mods has a a glitch where if you are slow building a unit before the hero you can stockpile the hero que, so I wind up with like 14 Darth Vaders. Which is why it might have be done in its own building. I have been messing around with the new genie editor ver 3.11. Trying to wrap my head around how to make something like this, maybe someone in this forum knows how. Either way thought it would make an awesome edition to this already awesome expansion pack.
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-10-14 09:13 PM EDT (US)     1239 / 2052       
    We've mulled over a few ideas on how to incorporate heroes into standard games. If/when we get something solid we'll get into details.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-11-14 09:11 AM EDT (US)     1240 / 2052       
    Our newest artist has been busy:

You can see more of his excellent non-Galactic Battlegrounds work here.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-11-2014 @ 09:14 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-11-14 10:19 AM EDT (US)     1241 / 2052       
    Very impressive.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-11-14 07:21 PM EDT (US)     1242 / 2052       
    Indeed, a fine-looking set of ships. Almost makes you want to sing...

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-11-14 10:03 PM EDT (US)     1243 / 2052       
    Can't help but notice this 2 year old thread is rapidly catching up to the Mod Help Thread in posts. A thread that has been around for over a decade.

Also, Zaarin, get in contact. Though Skype. Or Steam. Or carrier pigeon, something.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    DesoPL
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-12-14 00:48 AM EDT (US)     1244 / 2052       
    This looks very cool! Can't wait for more models from him.

By the way. K-Wing is more corvette than fighter?
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-12-14 11:06 AM EDT (US)     1245 / 2052       
    I'll try to remember to log on to Steam friends when I'm on...

res1fwfu
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-12-14 03:19 PM EDT (US)     1246 / 2052       
    Thanks rhys for the update on the heroes. So I read the post saying you were always looking for 3d graphic artists and genie programmers, what can i do to help? I am anxious to get this thing out and play it! I may not be able to do some of these things personally but I have a pretty good network and if you give me some ideas as to what we need to get this next update thing released sooner I will do my best to make it happen.
    John Rambo
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-12-14 08:28 PM EDT (US)     1247 / 2052       
    I have a couple little stupid questions, sorry if you get it a lot:

The beta that's been released, would you say it's stable enough to design a scenario with (say I stuck to using the empire stuff)?

Also if I were to, how would I credit the mods and such?

And finally, should I even this early in the mod development. Will this beta versions file be compatible with the final release (if you know)? I want to use the stuff, but not sure how it would work out.

EDIT: Also, a Kyle Katarn w/blaster, is there a plan to include him in a later version?

John Rambo
    _|_
    |

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?”
    ― T.S. Eliot

[This message has been edited by John Rambo (edited 08-12-2014 @ 08:42 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 08-13-14 09:32 AM EDT (US)     1248 / 2052       
    Oh boy.
    K-Wing is more corvette than fighter?
    The K-Wing is a combination Bomber/Attacker. Strong enough to wreck more or less anything on the ground, and tough enough to shrug off a lot of AA fire.
    So I read the post saying you were always looking for 3d graphic artists and genie programmers, what can i do to help?
    Usually, Sarthos handled any animations we need. He used a student copy of 3DS Max to do this. He's no longer a student, and thus no longer has access the software.

This means, we're completely stuck when it comes to adding new infantry, animals, walkers, and anything else that needs to actually move.
    The beta that's been released, would you say it's stable enough to design a scenario with (say I stuck to using the empire stuff)?
    Eh, maybe. A few things have been shifted around or removed.
    Also if I were to, how would I credit the mods and such?
    I don't think you'd need to? They're all in one place anyways.
    Will this beta versions file be compatible with the final release
    For the most part, yes. But again, I can't be entirely sure due to how many things have been moved around.
    Also, a Kyle Katarn w/blaster, is there a plan to include him in a later version?
    Should already be there. If not, he is now.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-13-2014 @ 09:33 AM).]

Maxisie
    Clone Trooper
    posted 08-13-14 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1249 / 2052       
    Hi, I'm new here, and I want to thank for all the great thing I've found here(such as campaigns, scenarios,etc) and to tell you are doing a great job in this project, as an awesome game like this one deserves it. Thanks for all and good luck.

[This message has been edited by Maxisie (edited 08-13-2014 @ 07:26 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 08-13-14 08:32 PM EDT (US)     1250 / 2052       
    Will there be attack subs to hunt boomers?

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames