You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.45 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » Playing Online? Multiplayer?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Playing Online? Multiplayer?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 08-25-08 09:54 PM EDT (US)         
I created this thread since I noticed a lot of people have been asking lately about where to play SWGB now that the Zone is offline. So, I created this thread to answer the questions. If anyone else has any additional questions, please post them as a reply in this thread. Thanks.

Where can I play online?

GameRanger runs a great operation for SWGB, and it's become the center of multiplayer gaming for Galactic Battlegrounds and Clone Campaigns. It is very active, sometimes exceeding 100 games of GB a day! Pretty good for an older game.

They support many games via a simple, fast and efficient application that should eliminate the need for complex port forwarding. It also supports various features, such as resuming saved games.

Voobly is an online service that mimics the MSN Gaming Zone of old, but stacks numerous new features on top of it. In addition to playing GB online, Voobly also has support for features such as live-streaming, windowed-mode, widescreen, and mod support. There are just as many players and games as you'll find on GameRanger, so give them both a shot if you get the chance!

You can also connect directly to players through IP address (ex: a number like 192.168.1.100). You don't utilize any other game lobbies like GameRanger, or Voobly. Instead, you have to coordinate your game beforehand. You can do that here, if you'd like, by saying that you'd like to play a game. You'll have to give out your IP address to these people (in private), but you'll be able to choose who you play with. This can be less or more complicated than using the game lobbies. However, giving out your IP address comprises a security threat, so be careful to whom you give it!

Help

If you are new to playing games online, please search this forum. There's years worth of information and troubleshooting on this board. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to post a new topic. Also, if you're totally new to multiplayer, you may want to read the
Essential Multiplayer Pre-Game Skills article.

If you have any questions about going online, please post them here. If you'd like to advertise a Direct IP game on our forums, please feel free to do so. Happy gaming!

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 03-19-2014 @ 03:56 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
JonhyWall
Clone Trooper
posted 02-24-10 09:33 AM EDT (US)     31 / 45       
I really love this game...I used to play this in msn zones, very good times...
But we don't have this anymore!!
So the best option is GameRanger, so let's play at this...
If you think that there are low number of people playing sw, stay there to increase the number!!
Let's keep this game alive!!
Gabriel Barsch
Clone Trooper
posted 03-13-10 09:04 AM EDT (US)     32 / 45       
hi guys

i just want to say that i really love this game, but ive never seen someone who play this game as good as me, so it will be awesome it i could play on-line

any tips ?
Swish_Swish
Clone Trooper
posted 03-14-10 05:17 AM EDT (US)     33 / 45       
@Scott Kevill: Oh, im how dumb?

Zaarin: And don't forget Vrook's famous bedside manners. It'd be more like, "Woman, if you don't stop that screaming this instant, I swear...And look how you got blood on my robes. Can't you see that bleeding on people messes everything up and leads to the Dark Side? No, of course you can't; you're too selfish to see that just like you always were."
SWGB Color FIX: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=61817&st=recent&f=1,61817,0,10
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 03-14-10 06:50 AM EDT (US)     34 / 45       
Hi Gabriel,

The most common way to play GB today is GameRanger. Hope that helps.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions

[This message has been edited by Crazed Ewok (edited 03-14-2010 @ 06:50 AM).]

ric6121824
Clone Trooper
posted 03-20-10 02:07 AM EDT (US)     35 / 45       
Well. Can a MAC player play SWBGCC with a PC user by using GameRanger?
And can a Mac connect to a PC with local internet?
Gabriel Barsch
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-10 05:23 PM EDT (US)     36 / 45       
is this works in spanish version ?, i would love to play with you guys
Swish_Swish
Clone Trooper
posted 04-16-10 07:17 AM EDT (US)     37 / 45       
im set up on game ranger now as swish_swish so anyone add me to there freinds list is kool.

Zaarin: And don't forget Vrook's famous bedside manners. It'd be more like, "Woman, if you don't stop that screaming this instant, I swear...And look how you got blood on my robes. Can't you see that bleeding on people messes everything up and leads to the Dark Side? No, of course you can't; you're too selfish to see that just like you always were."
SWGB Color FIX: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=61817&st=recent&f=1,61817,0,10
SniperJF
Clone Trooper
posted 05-06-10 02:24 PM EDT (US)     38 / 45       
I am:

SniperJF

I'm looking to start playing this game again. I was somewhat good back in MSN Zone but stopped playing when I got Jedi Academy and began to play Moviebattles II (great mod for that game I still play it up to today)

Anyway I guess you could say, based on the last like 4 games. I am a noob again since I'm not as good as I used to be, not to mention I loved Frontline which involved going into combat straight away rather than making an economy....so umm yeah ill be on daily this summer add me to play!

SniperJF
Mechazeep
Clone Trooper
posted 08-18-10 09:04 PM EDT (US)     39 / 45       
Anyone up for a game?
My user name is "MechaZeep"
KD_ZOET3
Clone Trooper
posted 02-28-11 02:41 AM EDT (US)     40 / 45       
Voobly have fixed there launher system now people starting to play back there come join there. voobly brings back the Zone.com. Game Ranger crashes alot.
Risk87
Clone Trooper
posted 07-21-12 06:50 AM EDT (US)     41 / 45       
Gameranger is the place to play and auto sorts port forwarding etc. It also has the most active community lots of players, many of them willing to help teach RM to the newer ones.
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-30-13 11:25 AM EDT (US)     42 / 45       
Updated the main post. IGZones has since been changed to Voobly, and Gamespy no longer exists.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-28-17 08:47 AM EDT (US)     43 / 45       
EDIT - Okay, New question... What is a Port-Restricted Cone NAT Router?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-28-2017 @ 10:39 AM).]

IBMedic
Clone Trooper
posted 04-13-17 01:48 AM EDT (US)     44 / 45       
I think Voobly.com should work.
Ritayoung
Clone Trooper
posted 10-14-17 07:23 AM EDT (US)     45 / 45       
Right now I am playing Battlefield 1 and The division game.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames