You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Merai
Clone Trooper
(id: Commander Merai)
posted 12-10-06 05:54 PM EDT (US)     811 / 2495       
I must confess myself confused by the state of SWU, and this thread has not helped.

Please, someone clarify for me-

I wish to start an RPG (:O!!!!!!!!!!!) here in SWU. ...What now? Do I need to put it in this thread and see how much interest there is, or can I just start the thread? I also don't get the point of the "Moderators" thing. Anyone clear any of this up for me? I've been away from SWU too long, I want to return with a bang.

"I vote we rename this thread to Merai: Kicking Ass and Taking Names"- Scn Jedi
"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 12-10-06 06:33 PM EDT (US)     812 / 2495       
Moderators= people who run RPG's. That would be you. Yes, you do need to submit here and see if there's enough interest. if your idea is approved, it will become an RPG.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-10-06 06:46 PM EDT (US)     813 / 2495       
Just fill out the form in the MP.

Merai
Clone Trooper
posted 12-10-06 06:52 PM EDT (US)     814 / 2495       
While technically I can start an RPG without putting it here, it may well be boycotted as a result.

Resists urge to make smart but accurate comment about Persia

I was strongly thinking about a Jedi Purge RPG, as I once did before. The RPG would begin after the death of General Grievous, just after Anakin told Mace Windu of Palpatine's identity.

The reason for this somewhat strange starting place is that in a Jedi Purge RPG, I feel it's only fair that RPers get to play as Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, Mace Windu or Agen Kolar. Thus, it would swiftly move to a Palpatine/Jedi confrontation which could result in the Jedi surviving- even Anakin not turning theoretically. The only prerequisite would be that Sidious survive to enact order 66.

From there, the main brunt of the RPG becomes obvious- Jedi turned on by their commanders, struggling to survive, to reunite, with clones and sith hunting them across the Galaxy. Of course if it seemed too awkward, the RPG could begin after Mace's death Anyway, that's the pitch. I'll put together the details and title post tomorrow.

RPG Name: Jedi Purge
Moderator: Merai
Plot:

STAR WARS
JEDI PURGE

The devastating CLONE WARS are
nearing their end, and both
COUNT DOOKU and GENERAL GRIEVOUS
are destroyed, but the Galaxy
is far from safe.

Onthe planet Coruscant, Jedi
Knight ANAKIN SKYWALKER has
discovered the identity of the
Sith Lord Darth Sidious- he is
the Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine!

Anakin has imparted this information
to Jedi Master Mace Windu, who
prepares to destroy Sidious. But
the Dark Lord has plans of his own,
plans which include the thousands of
Jedi spread across the galaxy...
And Anakin is not nearly so sure
of his loyalties as he seems...

Character/Faction Based: Character based
[b]Number of people interested:
N/A

"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos

[This message has been edited by Merai (edited 12-24-2006 @ 04:35 PM).]

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 12-10-06 07:23 PM EDT (US)     815 / 2495       
Interested in Jedi Purge RPG. This seems like it could be a fun way to do a prequel to Seinen Eir, my character from the Original Trilogy RPG.

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Alexus
Clone Trooper
posted 12-11-06 10:50 AM EDT (US)     816 / 2495       

Quote:

<Resists urge to make smart but accurate comment about Persia>

*snigger*

Interested in Jedi Purge RPG

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 12-11-06 10:54 AM EDT (US)     817 / 2495       
Interested in the Jedi Purge RPG.

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice

[This message has been edited by Admiral Fyyar (edited 12-11-2006 @ 10:55 AM).]

Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 12-11-06 03:10 PM EDT (US)     818 / 2495       
FoO, can you add this logo, the Eriaduan Symbol, at the top of my ORII entry?

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
(id: The Real Bryl)
posted 12-11-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)     819 / 2495       
Interested in Jedi Purge RPG

And it could have all the Imperial big cheeses but younger and stupider

The "Real" Bryl
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-11-06 06:47 PM EDT (US)     820 / 2495       
Interested in JP!

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 12-11-06 06:50 PM EDT (US)     821 / 2495       
Interested in JP.

Mabye Lushros and Daulu could aid some Jedi.

Hmm...

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-11-06 11:04 PM EDT (US)     822 / 2495       
That's six!

And FoO, you can take Warlords off. It's gone.

CaptainKBX
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-06 01:16 AM EDT (US)     823 / 2495       
Why are you all interested in that one? you could do the same thing in mine!!!

KBX - A Villain's Fall and a Hero's Rise
Oh, crap. I always thought Andrea Italy was a girl!
Boba Fettuccini is my friend
Hey, if on a Species list, Human Male and Human Female are two different entries, does that mean they're different species?!?
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-06 01:44 AM EDT (US)     824 / 2495       
Not to rub salt in KBX's wound, but...

Interested in Jedi Purge.

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
KypJargon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-06 03:22 AM EDT (US)     825 / 2495       
To rub salt in KBn00b's wound.

Interested in Jedi Purge RPG.

Alexus
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-06 11:01 AM EDT (US)     826 / 2495       
Big M, you seem to have the people's attention

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
Merai
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-06 12:42 PM EDT (US)     827 / 2495       
<Bows> Thank you all.

Well, though it has yet to be updated into the main post, probably due to the swift support, () I'll put up the RPG tonight.

Now I may speak only for myself KBX, but what turned me personally off your RPG was it's sheer openness. You're an unknown quantity, so you should focus on a particular aspect, set out some good rules, give reasons why people should join YOUR RPG. That's just my personal advice, feel free to ignore it.

Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-06 01:36 PM EDT (US)     828 / 2495       
KBX, let me suggest something.

SWU is a very esoteric community. Its main particpants are not like the others forummers you may have seen. They aren't prone to disputes, nor are they prone to spam and they don't typically have the type of stupidity that inhabits other non-game forums. *OD*

Here, unlike there, you don't gain respect by acting like an idiot, or by acting in an outrageous manner to get attention. The people who are the most respected here are:

1. The people with the best writing ability.
2. The people who are fairly active.
3. The people who don't cause trouble.
4. The people who are friendly.

A good example would be Melkor1, a true legend.

Oh, and just for the record, FoO is the new DSF.

So, Mr. KBX, I recommend that you hold off on your RPG and instead join one. If you do join, be sure to follow what the existing members suggest. Then, once you've established a reputation for being able to reaosnably commit to participating, and after they get to know you are your posting style, then people will come to your RPG's. For instance...

Most RPe'ers have a favorite color to post in.

Mine is green.

Melkor's is green and lately crimson.

KypJargon, our oldest member by far, posts in pink and purple.

Of course, Friend of old has always posted in orange.

Melkor prefers upright military characters, the "estbalishment", and manipulative villains.

I prefer more straightforward villains, Emperors, and dissenters from the pre-existing order. A parade of heretics if you will. Basically, anything that doesn't fit a pre-existing mold will do nicely. (Oh, and I love the Old Republic Time Period. 25,000 BBY For the Win! ORII is still going to come out...) Oh, and rarely are my characters not evil.

Friend of Old prefers military characters and powerful characters, who are more braun then brains, along with "mysterious" characters.

Of course, this is just an rough estimation. I.E. EB is the first RPG where i controlled characters who were decidedly good.

So, in effect, just become active here joining other people's RPG's, take the advice others give you, estbalish a rep then start RPG's.

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-06 02:54 PM EDT (US)     829 / 2495       
Ahem, I would like to point out that I am the oldest RP'er active, since I have been RP'ing more or less actively since 11:16 AM the 25th of July 2003. Maybe I should get a life?

ADMIRAL FYYAR
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-06 02:59 PM EDT (US)     830 / 2495       
Oh, sorry Fyyar. I thought Kyp was older then you

Sic Transit Gloria.

KypJargon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-13-06 05:56 AM EDT (US)     831 / 2495       
Haha no, you were right. I used to have a different username though.

My First RPG

Haha no prizes for guessing who I was

Wait no found an earlier one ... same username as the first one...

Star Wars Neighbourhood 6

[This message has been edited by kypjargon (edited 12-13-2006 @ 06:12 AM).]

Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 12-13-06 06:18 AM EDT (US)     832 / 2495       
*glances over SWN*

ShadowDroid...now that's a name I've not heard in a long, long time...

Quote:

Melkor1, a true legend.

Sigged; thanks for the love, Persia.

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 12-13-2006 @ 06:23 AM).]

KypJargon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-13-06 06:47 AM EDT (US)     833 / 2495       
Yeah, he came back briefly, but left again.
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 12-13-06 07:27 PM EDT (US)     834 / 2495       
Speaking of first RPG's, remember this Kyp?

Maegereg
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
KypJargon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-06 01:59 AM EDT (US)     835 / 2495       
Haha yeah, my first foray into the world of Moderation and a complete disaster
DarkBeing
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-06 03:10 PM EDT (US)     836 / 2495       
Well it's been a little while since I posted here. Seeing as how you're all bringing up old RPG's I'd like to recommend that newer RP'ers check out my History of SWU RPG's to get a sense of what's come before.

Actually would anyone be interested if I changed that thread so that it included RPGs that have come about since its creation? It would give me something to do over break.

-DB

Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-06 03:25 PM EDT (US)     837 / 2495       
DB, long time no see!
Have you ever considered returning to the RPGs, I'm convinced you'd be welcome!

ADMIRAL FYYAR
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     838 / 2495       
I'd be glad to read it DB

Sic Transit Gloria.

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-06 07:17 PM EDT (US)     839 / 2495       
That definitely seems worth updating.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-16-06 02:06 PM EDT (US)     840 / 2495       
Jst asking, would anyone be interested in a pirate-based SW RPG?

RPG Name: Star Wars: Pirates of the Hydian Way
Moderator: Cheapy the Hutt
Plot: A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

STAR WARS
PIRATES OF THE HYDIAN WAY

It is four thousand years before the rise of the GALACTIC EMPIRE. The Sith Lords Revan and Malak, former Jedi Knights, have begun their vendetta aginst the Republic. Hundreds of Sith Warships lay siege to dozens of Republic member worlds. In return, they have pleaded to the Jedi Order for assistance. Reluctantly, they have accepted.

However, the war has yet to touch all parts of the galaxy. While the majority of the Outer Rim is under attack by Sith Fleets, the Core remains a safe haven for spacers, refugees, and merchants. Unfortuantely, it is also a haven for the scum of the galaxy. Pirates, bounty hunters, mercenaries, and thieves populate the Inner Rim worlds, under an illusion of safety, not knowing that when the war comes to them, they will have to forgo their rivalries and work together to survive...

However, one man in particular stands out. A man who has picked off cargo ships holding vast treasures almost on a whim. A man who has evaded all Republic efforts to put an end to his actions. A man who has no fear. That man is...

Character/Faction Based: Character
Number of people interested: Me

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames