You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1641 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 55  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-05-2018 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 11-08-13 08:07 PM EDT (US)     301 / 1641       
Yet, I still hear the mocking cry of, "YOUSA MISSEN MESA!"

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-14-13 07:36 PM EDT (US)     302 / 1641       

Are these the Four Horsemen of the SWPocalypse?

Yeah, yeah, not politically correct... I know.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-19-13 02:46 PM EDT (US)     303 / 1641       
Arrrrgh... this is why trying to develop SW RPGs always ends up killing any goodwill SW has shakily constructed...

So, who thinks the speeder bikes in RotJ are cool? <_<

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 11-19-13 03:32 PM EDT (US)     304 / 1641       
Aside from it being probably the worst thing to use to navigate forests at high speed, they're pretty neat. Even though they could probably just fly right over most of the forest with that 25 meter flight-ceiling deal.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 11-19-13 03:40 PM EDT (US)     305 / 1641       
Personally I think speeder bikes are kickass.

OH! Moff, we could do an RPG about rival gangs on Imperial era Coruscant

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 11-19-13 03:45 PM EDT (US)     306 / 1641       
EA! Road Rash remake with Speederbikes, DO IT!

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 11-19-2013 @ 03:50 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-19-13 04:02 PM EDT (US)     307 / 1641       
Aside from it being probably the worst thing to use to navigate forests at high speed, they're pretty neat. Even though they could probably just fly right over most of the forest with that 25 meter flight-ceiling deal.
Yeah, if not for that whole 300+ mile-an-hour gale wind in your face...

For the poor clone to stay in the seat, that dinky little pad under his ass needs to have 11 times more friction than dry rubber on dry concrete. Let alone, you know... Ewoks, or Rebels without any face protection... <_<

GRAAAAAAAAAAAH STAR WARS WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?

EDIT: Huh. Apparently, people have driven motorcycles over 300 miles per hour.

EDIT2: ...But using weird, streamlined, enclosed driver compartments. Not open-air, guy-sitting straight up setups. :p

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 11-19-2013 @ 04:06 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 11-19-13 04:05 PM EDT (US)     308 / 1641       
It can go that fast, but I'd assume most people wouldn't push it that far.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-19-13 04:23 PM EDT (US)     309 / 1641       
But of course they do! It's so much more awesome when your chase scene is at half the speed of sound, so every novel writer will have a lightsaber joust at full speed!

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-19-13 04:34 PM EDT (US)     310 / 1641       
You never played the swoop level of Jedi Academy did you?

Using a saber on that thing is hard as hell

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-19-13 04:39 PM EDT (US)     311 / 1641       
Well, yeah, but not for Jaina or Jacen or Ben Skywalker or Anakin Solo or whoever we need or needed the action scene for. That's just some nobody from the games. <_<

...Oh, no wait, he's some kind of super-Jedi manufactured in a lab and he has multiple copies of himself. That way they could kill him after he lost some fingers in a duel and bring him back in a whole body... and not add details for the cover artists to have to recall. :p

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-19-13 04:47 PM EDT (US)     312 / 1641       
...Son of a bitch >_<

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-19-13 05:00 PM EDT (US)     313 / 1641       
It's basically ruined JA for me... even with Jennifer Hale having a goddamn lightsaber and a paragon/renegade interrupt on par with Kai Leng in TIM's office.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-20-13 10:58 AM EDT (US)     314 / 1641       
OMG OMG OMG OMG BIG NEWS ABOUT EPISODE VII

Guys, guys! R2-D2 is gonna be in Episode VII!

Stunning!

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 11-20-13 11:12 AM EDT (US)     315 / 1641       
Gasp! That was truly in doubt there for a second!

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-20-13 12:04 PM EDT (US)     316 / 1641       
I've heard a totally unsubstantiated rumor that there might even be lightsabers and spaceships!

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-13 12:33 PM EDT (US)     317 / 1641       
I heard that, get this, in addition to a lightsaber, someone is going to be duel wielding lightsabers!!!

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-13 12:41 PM EDT (US)     318 / 1641       
Because that's what you do in sequels. Duh.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-13 02:40 PM EDT (US)     319 / 1641       
The only thing that would be awesome with a lightsaber is someone pulling a Kreia and wielding three of them with the force.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-20-13 02:45 PM EDT (US)     320 / 1641       
I heard that, get this, in addition to a lightsaber, someone is going to be duel wielding lightsabers!!!
Ugh, let's hope not.
The only thing that would be awesome with a lightsaber is someone pulling a Kreia and wielding three of them with the force.
Being too low-key is not one of Abrams' problems. Let's not tempt fate.

Although, it looks like they're trying to put Kenny Baker out of a job with a fully robotic R2. That's not very nice.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-13 02:46 PM EDT (US)     321 / 1641       
Pricks

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 11-20-13 03:44 PM EDT (US)     322 / 1641       
duel wielding
Nope, they clearly need to trump Darth Maul by introducing a character with a triple-bladed lightsaber.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-13 04:07 PM EDT (US)     323 / 1641       
Because the double-bladed variety just wasn't impractical enough. I suppose it could work if it were like a trident...but that also wouldn't be very visually impressive. Forget three blades, it should have four. It's like a double-bladed only with two blades on each end! Or I suppose they could have someone dual-wield double-bladed lightsabers.
Being too low-key is not one of Abrams' problems.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 11-20-2013 @ 04:08 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-20-13 05:00 PM EDT (US)     324 / 1641       
Or I suppose they could have someone dual-wield double-bladed lightsabers.
TCW did that... in a direct attack on RedLetterMedia, too.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-13 05:35 PM EDT (US)     325 / 1641       
It was supposed to be a joke! Keelah, only Star Wars could take that seriously. >_<

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-20-13 06:04 PM EDT (US)     326 / 1641       
Well, Mike Stoklasa--in character as Mister Plinkett--made the remark about Dexter Jettster (and the obscene prevalence of lightsabers in the prequels that destroy the magic and mystique), "His fat, lumbering ass would get... killed by Darth Maul!"

Cut to a Besalisk Jedi... using two of Darth Maul's weapons.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 11-20-2013 @ 06:05 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 12-18-13 04:39 PM EDT (US)     327 / 1641       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Reproduction

Wookieepedia, why? (Page image features interspecies copulation)

And they updated it with a shot from the new pre-Republic Jedi comics. I don't know why the Jedi Knight is sleeping with the Rakatan Force Hound. Can anyone answer that?

John the Late
Jedi Padawan
posted 12-25-13 07:56 PM EDT (US)     328 / 1641       
Lol Moff that's plain hilarious.

Is this subforum officially considered dead now?
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 12-25-13 08:24 PM EDT (US)     329 / 1641       
"This special has never re-aired, and to this day George Lucas has apparently gone out of his way to make sure that nobody sees it. So just to recap: this is the guy who said this is okay and this is okay, which means this is the project that he was personally ashamed of. I'm gonna go over that again: thisokay, okay, personally ashamed of. There are not enough toilets in the world to contain the amount of shit-spewing fear that I am going through right now!"
The Nostalgia Critic begins his review of The Star Wars Holiday Special
I'm amazed they were willing to put up something so critical of George as the main page quote for Wookieepedia.

Also...

Damn TCW. To help make Geonosians more alien, it was originally stated that they don't make use of normal gauges and controls. They wear scent masks and use smell as their indicators...

But I guess that would've been too difficult to animate and deal with in TCW. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 12-26-13 10:46 AM EDT (US)     330 / 1641       
To help make Geonosians more alien, it was originally stated that they don't make use of normal gauges and controls. They wear scent masks and use smell as their indicators...
Huh. I have a cephalopodic alien species that communicates via pheromones; in consequence, they have special computers that instead of having monitors have pheromone emitters and vocalizers that convert the pheromones into vocal language (for when dealing with aliens like humans, of course).

« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 55  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames