Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 07-25-14 10:22 AM EDT (US)     331 / 1043       
Can't they just make a show that doesn't have, I don't know, a Jedi Knight and a Wannabe-Jedi Trainee in the main cast?
Not so long as Lucas has anything to say about it.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 07-25-14 12:16 PM EDT (US)     332 / 1043       
At least Ahsoka and Anakin have justification (...how far we've sunk to make that a positive example). But I guess, the Jedi Purge isn't totally complete now. Which means, in turn...

EVERYBODY DIES! "All of them die. These are positive changes."

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 07-25-2014 @ 12:37 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-06-14 08:51 PM EDT (US)     333 / 1043       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZn_TrwbPN8
I am at 1:39 and already rolling my eyes. After gagging twice. Gott in Himmel.

...Oh God, I thought he was mugging for the camera. At least it had some kind of explanation.

...I wanted to like Rebels. I really did. I... I want that seven minutes back. Now.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-07-14 10:31 AM EDT (US)     334 / 1043       
I watched it. My expressions throughout:

O_o
>.<
-_-

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-07-14 10:43 AM EDT (US)     335 / 1043       
Maybe I'm just spoiled from watching MLP all week... and being exposed to animation with good writing. Set my expectations too high. <_<

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-07-14 11:03 AM EDT (US)     336 / 1043       
Nope. Not true, Moff. I wandered onto the forum because my brains were being melted by some drivel my siblings were half watching on TV - and still Rebels pales in comparison.

The animation quality is awful, the "choreography" is boring (the Imperial officer trying to stop them escaping on the speeders is a perfect example: go back and watch, he just stands there), the script is complete and utter tripe sprinkled with faecal matter (consisting of mostly, "Who is that guy?"), the characterisation is already sickening:

Imperials: We're the evil dictators of the universe, mwahaha, evil evil evil...
Aladdin: I'm a cocky little bastard! Wait, what is this... gah, connection that I'm... gah, feeling? It's so, so... so strange... 'Kay, I'm back to being a bastard!
The Cowboy Jedi: Look, I'm the Han Solo Jedi! You guys wanted one of those, right? Guys?

Maybe you'd say it was unfair to judge characterisation after 7 minutes, maybe saying, "Come on, ISO, I'm sure they haven't had time to characterise anyone!" Oh, but they have. I've seen all I need to see to realise exactly who these characters are going to be. Like the thug guy: he has about three lines, and one of them is about killing a prisoner.

Very poor. I too really wanted to at least acknowledge this thing's existence, but I refuse to do even that. It doesn't exist. I'm still watching it though.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-07-14 11:08 AM EDT (US)     337 / 1043       
Look, I'm the Han Solo Jedi! You guys wanted one of those, right?
We already had one, and he was much cooler.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-07-14 11:19 AM EDT (US)     338 / 1043       
How about those slow-speed run-overs of the various Stormtroopers. I mean, we don't want the little kid to murder anyone in the first seven minutes... but we need slapstick and to smear egg into the Imps' faces so hard it scrambles itself!

That said, I did like Freddie as Cowboy Jedi. And I'll give Australian Grunt a chance, but only if he does at least one "heh heh heh." These goddamned idiots don't know how much their show would be improved with just a very simple, subtle nod to the superior works their actors have appeared in.

AND I STILL WANT AAYLA TO PASS REX IN THE CORRIDOR IN TCW EVEN THOUGH IT'S OVER

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-07-14 11:28 AM EDT (US)     339 / 1043       
AND I STILL WANT AAYLA TO PASS REX IN THE CORRIDOR IN TCW EVEN THOUGH IT'S OVER
I'm not sure I follow. The only connection I can make between Hale and Dee Bradley Baker is KND.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-07-14 09:20 PM EDT (US)     340 / 1043       
How many times must I explain?

"General."
"Rex."

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-07-14 09:52 PM EDT (US)     341 / 1043       
Ah, right. That would have been amusing. Even with Aayla's Orlesian French accent. And suddenly I hope Hale is playing an Orlesian in DA:I.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-07-14 09:56 PM EDT (US)     342 / 1043       
Well, maybe she'd drop the accent... just for that moment. Not like Filoni would know the bloody difference.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-07-14 10:10 PM EDT (US)     343 / 1043       
Actually, "Rex" in a French accent wouldn't sound horribly different. The French pronunciation of "general" though is very ear-pleasing. But I really like uvular consonants.
eneʁal/

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 08-07-2014 @ 10:13 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-07-14 10:14 PM EDT (US)     344 / 1043       
Actually, "Rex" in a French accent wouldn't sound horribly different.
My point exactly.

Just because I'm a lab drone doesn't mean phonology completely eludes me. You really should join us on Skype or ME3 with two-way audio set up. Und zen, mein freund, you vill learn... <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-07-14 10:27 PM EDT (US)     345 / 1043       
Didn't mean it that way. More thinking out loud.

Actually, because cross-linguistically our <r> sound is weird, I've noticed a lot of foreigners pronounce it as a /w/ rather than whatever their native <r> sound is--be it /ʁ/ for most French and German speakers, /r/ for other French and German speakers, /ɾ/ for Spanish and Italian speakers...Mostly in Hollywood French accents do French-speakers pronounce American <r> as a guttural. Something, I noted, Hale did correctly. One of the few lines I remember from the entire show: "Quickly! We must go befow we are attacked by mow of the cweatures."

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-07-14 10:33 PM EDT (US)     346 / 1043       
Hmm... well, she's not Quebecois, but I imagine she at least learned French at one point.
Meer is married to Belinda Cornish, a voice actress who has done work in BioWare games as well, most notably voicing Rana Thanoptis in the Mass Effect series, and Goldanna and The Baroness in the Dragon Age series.
Huh. How about that?

...Though I guess I should save these interesting tidbits for the Ventress novel thread. You know, so we have something interesting to discuss.

Sadly, no chance of Aayla showing up in Rebels. Unless her getting Sonny Corleoned in ROTS was just a flesh wound or fifty. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-07-14 10:37 PM EDT (US)     347 / 1043       
Hmm... well, she's not Quebecois, but I imagine she at least learned French at one point.
She is canadienne, but yeah, from what I understand she's from Vancouver. Like BioWare. I don't think learning French necessarily helps with a French accent, though; at least not in little things like that. On the other hand, I'm sure being a voice actor, even more than an actor in general, means having a good ear for dialect. I'd never know Hale was Canadian.
Rana Thanoptis in the Mass Effect series, and Goldanna
Ugh, Goldanna. I really hope she got killed in the Blight. >_<

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 09:09 AM EDT (US)     348 / 1043       

I feel a little sick. The Stormtroopers are worse than battledroids, the Mando is a non-lethal psychopath (?!?) and EVERYTHING IS BROKEN!

What's more depressing is how gushy the comments were on facebook...

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 10:37 AM EDT (US)     349 / 1043       
Make it go away! Burn it! >_<

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-19-14 11:47 AM EDT (US)     350 / 1043       
I still say Sabine is like some kind of human-form Rainbow Dash... but not EQG Dashie.

EDIT:
"I want her alive."
Uh, Cap... the trooper never said female.

Ugh. And everyone f**king bows to her. Disgusting.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 08-19-2014 @ 04:52 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 05:47 PM EDT (US)     351 / 1043       
Dallows and I were discussing a way to do this right. My train of thought took me to a Mando causing a distraction not with spray paint and paint bombs but with a flamethrower and a grenade launcher. Dallows was thinking more along the lines of:
somebody tries dicking around with stormtroopers and rightfully gets shot to pieces

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 05:50 PM EDT (US)     352 / 1043       
I'm going to side with Dallows on this one.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-19-14 06:38 PM EDT (US)     353 / 1043       
...So, the explosion is sufficient to detonate the fuel and ordnance on a TIE Fighter...

But only sprays some paint on the Stormies. Also, the explosion of the TIE doesn't, oh, blow that one trooper's head clear off his shoulders? Really?

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 06:59 PM EDT (US)     354 / 1043       
Exactly - it shows a shot of paint spattered stormtroopers to put the little kids' mind at ease... before blowing up the entire yard, certainly killing off the troopers inside. They should have been disintegrated in the first place, but that huge boom surely did the job.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-19-14 07:43 PM EDT (US)     355 / 1043       
You made me rewatch it...

There's no second blast after they show the dazed and paint-splattered Stormtroopers. I guess we could assume they're all actually turians and that really is their own blood they're spattered with...

Of course, that taints turians with Star Wars. And Rebels Stormtrooperness. <_<

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 07:46 PM EDT (US)     356 / 1043       
My bad - I thought it was still going on as she walked away.

Still nonsense though...

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-19-14 07:48 PM EDT (US)     357 / 1043       
It's so damn... sappy. I mean, if you're making Loony Tunes with lightsabers, fine, do it. But be honest about it. Don't promise us a Picasso and then smear your own feces on the wall and call it done. >_<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDwquiwRM

...The shot-for-shot ripoff of ANH is... ugh. But at least it's not grossly offensive to the intellect and actually has some amusing bits once you've choked down the bile from the casual and obvious ripoff. <_<

...Also, I kinda want Kanan to call Hera "Lola" just once. >_>

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 08-19-2014 @ 07:57 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-19-14 08:09 PM EDT (US)     358 / 1043       
God, the more I think about it... I'm gonna have to, like, go all the way back to ME1 with a brand new Shepard to soak in enough to wash the stench of Art Attack from my mind.

EDIT: For the love of... Sabine is supposed to be 16, to boot.

God. Damn. It.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 08-19-2014 @ 08:34 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 08:39 PM EDT (US)     359 / 1043       
Yeah, that one didn't make me quite as sick. the script was miles better than anything we've seen so far... not a masterpiece, but better. The droid I could end up liking - he doesn't speak.

Art Attack however, was disgusting. I'm writing an ME short story to rid myself of it - it might turn out to be equally as depressing, but it's making me feel better.

Also, I guess Sabine is just the new Ahsoka?

EDIT: The inquisitor's lightsabre is a Tron disk! He even keeps it on his back!

[This message has been edited by ISOmetric (edited 08-19-2014 @ 08:42 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 08:43 PM EDT (US)     360 / 1043       
The mid-riff baring attitude-filled teenager who is allegedly a good role model?

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames