Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14 15 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-14 08:49 PM EDT (US)     361 / 1043       
No no no... she just wears really tight clothes. And completely useless armour...

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 08-20-14 06:00 PM EDT (US)     362 / 1043       
Comparing Sabine to Ahsoka makes me feel sorry for Ahsoka.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 08-20-14 06:11 PM EDT (US)     363 / 1043       
So what's up with taking the last major Mando character and changing one letter of her name?

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-20-14 06:15 PM EDT (US)     364 / 1043       
I think I asked that when she was named.

Honestly, this is really sapping even my nostalgia for SW. I might need another stern discussion with FA where we try to slap each other into or out of SW fandom.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-27-14 08:10 PM EDT (US)     365 / 1043       
http://www.starwars.com/video/star-wars-rebels-entanglement-short

"Now you're under arrest."
*smash*

YAY FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST HONEST COPS!

"Zeb, are you embarassing the Imperials again?"
"Honestly, Kanan... it's hard not to."
F**K. YOU.

Oh... and then the Komedy. And apparently TIE Fighters run on antifreeze. <_<

Totally gonna rant about this on FB now. >_>

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-27-14 08:22 PM EDT (US)     366 / 1043       
YAY FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST HONEST COPS!
That was one thing of many many many things that irritated me about LotF. In Specter of the Past, Luke felt guilty for mind tricking stormtroopers; in LotF he didn't even twitch at mowing down allied security officers who were merely trying to detain him and were not even using lethal force to do so! >_<

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 08-27-2014 @ 08:25 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 08-27-14 09:30 PM EDT (US)     367 / 1043       
I might need another stern discussion with FA where we try to slap each other into or out of SW fandom.
Psh. No need for that.

Helpful tips to NOT get pissed off at Star Wars anymore than you already are:

1. Just stop looking at news outside of the new movies. TCW should have been more than enough proof that Rebels will be just as bad, if not worse.

2. Avoid the pro-abomination (I was gonna use another 'A' word, but I don't think it would have been appreciated) rants from various forumers. This technically falls under tip number 1, but I needed to be stated again.

3. Become a Legends person.

4. And this one is key! Go watch your favorite OT film and/or go play your favorite old school SW game. Don't analyze it. Just watch/play it, and remember the good times.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 08-27-2014 @ 09:31 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-27-14 09:53 PM EDT (US)     368 / 1043       
go play your favorite old school SW game.
If I weren't already involved in two RPGs (DA2 and Morrowind), I'd probably go play KotOR2 right now.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 08-27-14 09:57 PM EDT (US)     369 / 1043       
Been marathoning the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series for the past few days. First time I've actually played all of them to completion besides Academy.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-27-14 10:07 PM EDT (US)     370 / 1043       
I watched all the Jedi Knight cutscenes on Youtube recently. They were a lot campier than I remember from when I was twelve.

Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 08-28-14 00:18 AM EDT (US)     371 / 1043       
This. So...RPing, anyone?

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-28-14 01:30 AM EDT (US)     372 / 1043       
Sadly, there aren't enough people here anymore that we could have an awesome RPG. Hell, I'm still worried about Moff's

And I'm still trying to work on Onderon Part 2

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-28-14 06:41 AM EDT (US)     373 / 1043       
2. Avoid the pro-abomination (I was gonna use another 'A' word, but I don't think it would have been appreciated) rants from various forumers. This technically falls under tip number 1, but I needed to be stated again.
These play no role in my issues with SW RPing.
1. Just stop looking at news outside of the new movies. TCW should have been more than enough proof that Rebels will be just as bad, if not worse.
The EU does it too... here's what I meant about "ranting on FB:"
Some people chalk up my irritation with moments in Rebels or The Clone Wars as some kind of bias in favor of the Bad Guys. I'm just an Imp fanboy, mad about the stormies who have ALWAYS been silly, right?

Well, no. In A New Hope--aside from a never-removed blooper--Stormtroopers brutally murder Luke's family, Rebel soldiers, and the Jawas. In Empire, Imperial ground forces kill many of Luke's comrades and smash through the very headquarters of the Rebellion, forcing a large chunk of our heroes into several skin-of-their-teeth escapes.

So, with Stormtroopers degraded to comic relief by Rebels, including seemingly attempting to be intimate with imminently-detonating explosives just mutter a soft, "Uh-oh" at the last second... it DEGRADES what the heroes of the OT did. All of those narrow escapes and near misses... how USELESS and INCOMPETENT must Han Solo be to NEARLY get blasted by a bunch of Stormtroopers when a sixteen year old kid in Mando armor and 14-year old Jedi Space Aladdin take on even LARGER numbers and get away even more cleanly? How STUPID must Luke be? How PATHETIC Leia, or Chewie? I mean, CHILDREN have or will outstripped their accomplishments against the worthless wastes of armor seemingly in the Empire's employ. So... for these kids to do so well while our CHILDHOOD HEROES barely got by...

What's that say about the characters we admired?

And that's why I get annoyed.
They also did that in the EU, too... to a lesser extent--aside from the Jedi Prince books--but with way more of it. And I don't think I can just casually ignore the entire second of half of ROTJ... in fact, I have to more or less ape the bulk of it for my "grand rewrite" of the ending because otherwise, the Alliance is doomed.

So, basically... it's more "become a Thrawn Trilogy/TIE Fighter person." <_<
4. And this one is key! Go watch your favorite OT film and/or go play your favorite old school SW game. Don't analyze it. Just watch/play it, and remember the good times.
Analysis is how I have fun with bad things. :p

And just sheer time constraints. But, long weekend coming up... maybe.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-30-14 01:35 PM EDT (US)     374 / 1043       
http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2014/08/new-clip-from-star-wars-rebels-spark-of.html

AN IMPROVEMENT!

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-14 04:19 PM EDT (US)     375 / 1043       
Eh, yeah. A bit of an improvement. If it were all like that, the show would be somewhere between dull and mildly amusing, I think, but at least that's not burning hatred.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-30-14 04:27 PM EDT (US)     376 / 1043       
So... it will be just like TCW. But without the really epic action set pieces that added the squee factor. So... it's worse than TCW.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-14 04:42 PM EDT (US)     377 / 1043       
Eh... I was very rarely amused by TCW, from what I can remember. These may be the very best clips of Rebels, but that last one and the one with shooting Ties were hilarious by TCW standards.

Unless of course you include my hysterical laughter at how utterly pathetic some parts of TCW were... I don't count those occasions, because they made a little piece of me die every time.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-14 04:48 PM EDT (US)     378 / 1043       
That clip actually wasn't terrible. Well, the Space Alladin I could have done without, but Steve Blum's character I enjoyed

Still refuse to watch it.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-30-14 04:53 PM EDT (US)     379 / 1043       
Come on... watch it to see Aussie Grunt treat Stormtroopers like Ravagers. Then turn it off.
Eh... I was very rarely amused by TCW, from what I can remember. These may be the very best clips of Rebels, but that last one and the one with shooting Ties were hilarious by TCW standards.

Unless of course you include my hysterical laughter at how utterly pathetic some parts of TCW were... I don't count those occasions, because they made a little piece of me die every time.
This. And assuming I'll even get to view the "movie" (because OF COURSE it has its own pilot feature!)... scheduling conflicts may arise. <_<

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-14 03:08 AM EDT (US)     380 / 1043       
I can't even watch the show.

I don't get the channel that it is on.
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-31-14 02:57 PM EDT (US)     381 / 1043       
Actually just checked to see if I get it.

...I do.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-14 03:41 PM EDT (US)     382 / 1043       
Ha! I don't anymore

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-31-14 04:45 PM EDT (US)     383 / 1043       
I'll be sure to fill you on how they horribly destroy Vader's character during his cameos. They'll probably make him into another Grievous.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 08-31-2014 @ 04:46 PM).]

Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 08-31-14 05:27 PM EDT (US)     384 / 1043       
I'm going to add to FA's list with

5. Find other series with better writing. *points at ATLA, LOK, Game of Thrones*

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!

[This message has been edited by Gorog (edited 08-31-2014 @ 05:27 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-31-14 05:27 PM EDT (US)     385 / 1043       
Honor Harrington, MLP, Mac Walters' fanfic collection...

But then, FA's whole point was "how to keep enjoying SW even as it mutates from unholy abomination into an ungodly blasphemy against God and nature that mere contemplation of its features is guaranteed to drive mortal men mad." Not "how to get very far away." I did that. But I still kinda want to play with Star Destroyers.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 08-31-2014 @ 05:29 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-14 07:13 PM EDT (US)     386 / 1043       
5. Find other series with better writing.
DS9. KND.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-31-14 07:16 PM EDT (US)     387 / 1043       
...Season One and Two of TNG.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-14 07:26 PM EDT (US)     388 / 1043       
Season three of TOS. Any season of Voyager. Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

EDIT: To be fair, I just finished season 2 of TNG and it has some decent episodes, especially compared to season 1.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 08-31-2014 @ 07:27 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-31-14 07:41 PM EDT (US)     389 / 1043       
You mean it had "Q Who"... and even that had some questionable writing saved by DeLancie's ad-libbing.

And Barney might be going a bit far... but then, I was a little old for it when it came out. It's not generally noted for any kind of writing... at least TNG can be said to have had bad writing but still survived. TCW basically lasted five seasons by sheer force of George's will and, primarily, his bankroll. I don't know how ideological Disney is going to be. One season is almost certain, of course, but if it badly tanks...

EDIT: Okay, you also had "Where Silence Has Lease" and "The Measure of a Man."

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 08-31-2014 @ 07:50 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-14 08:03 PM EDT (US)     390 / 1043       
Three good episodes is more than season 1 had. Plus, I'm in season 3 now and the first quarter of season 3 is bad.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14 15 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames