Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 31 32 33 34 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 12-04-16 06:38 PM EDT (US)     931 / 1043       
Figures. That blue-skinned demigod is always stealing everyone's glory.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 12-10-16 08:55 PM EDT (US)     932 / 1043       
I'm not sure of the point of tonight's episode. Sure, Maul's back... but nothing changed, really.

So, Maul uses the Force to communicate to Ezra and track him down. Ezra freaking out during the holocron thing caused the data to be scattered and swapped between the two of them, so some of the information Maul seeks is in Ezra's mind and vice versa. So after some verbal jousting with Kanan, Maul takes Ezra off to Dathomir to use Nightsister magic to properly swap the information.

So, they go to Dathomir and it's confirmed Maul is the last of the Dathomirian anything. Yay for that.

Also, Maul has a creepy shrine with an image of Satine and he still has the Darksaber. So, they do the ritual, get the information... and then the Nightsister spirits, awoken by the use of their magic, try to possess the two. They end up nabbing Sabine and Kanan, who trailed Ezra because their attempt to do the smart thing always ends up backfiring. <_<

Long story short, lightsaber fights ensue, Sabine is purged (the possession has a AoE restriction), and then Kanan is freed by Ezra offering himself for possession and then destroying the altar that powers everything. Brief recap of information, Sabine grabs the Darksaber, and end.

So... literally all that happens is Maul and Ezra get some slightly better hints about Obi-Wan and Sabine picks up the Darksaber. After all, in the previous episode, we already had "a planet with two suns" and references to desert. This did confirm that Obi-Wan is the key to defeating the Sith (y'know, because movies) and that he's who Maul seeks. But uh... that groundwork was already laid. >_>

So, yeah, the only major changes are Darksaber and the Nightsisters are super double-plus ubergone. Which, in fairness, is absolutely enough to make me seriously consider switching my RPGs to Disney canon.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 12-10-2016 @ 08:56 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 12-11-16 03:13 PM EDT (US)     933 / 1043       
I thought Ezra was getting hints about Luke, and Maul hints about Obi-Wan. They were just seeing roughly the same bits since...well, Tatooine.
My namesake invented them!
Your namesake was also a filthy traitor

And hey, Thrawn was still involved in that story!

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 12-11-2016 @ 03:15 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 12-11-16 04:46 PM EDT (US)     934 / 1043       
And hey, Thrawn was still involved in that story!
Yes, if I recall correctly he killed my namesake. (Well, I don't think Thrawn ever actually killed anyone personally...I think he had killed my namesake. :P )

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-16 01:28 PM EDT (US)     935 / 1043       
EDIT: Wrong thread!

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~

[This message has been edited by ISOmetric (edited 12-12-2016 @ 01:29 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-13-17 01:59 PM EDT (US)     936 / 1043       
Yay! The Geonosians are wiped out!

Except one queen egg that Ezra's little friend tried to hatch... which is later encountered by Vader and Aphra. A couple years later. I guess they grow fast.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-21-17 08:18 PM EDT (US)     937 / 1043       
The pacing of this show is its greatest weakness. They really get into character development in the second and third part... then have to slam through to a conclusion in the last three minutes. Which is a shame, because this had some really interesting character development that would've benefited from some decompression.

Now... my one problem is apparently Sabine--who was 16 when the show started and had had a brief career as a bounty hunter--also designed "terrible weapons" that were used to subjugate Mandalore. This child savant nonsense is getting quite taxing. Yes, yes, target demographic and all... but uuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhh. F**king stop it. I felt bad about having my orphaned Imperial spy graduate high school two years early to attend the Imperial academy (by essentially working through school breaks and the like)... but now Sabine apparently gives Krennic a run for his money. <_<

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-21-17 10:18 PM EDT (US)     938 / 1043       
Yep, no Force powers needed to use lightsabers effectively anymore. I guess you still need it to bat away blaster fire, but to just swordfight...

And confirmed that Sabine "designed" terrible weapons that were turned against Mandalore. Designed. As barely a teenager. However, good episode. Unexpected take at the end.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-22-17 07:51 AM EDT (US)     939 / 1043       
Maybe I should start watching this... I only got as far as about three episodes into S02... Rex was there, some dumb stuff happened, Rex was there...

EDIT: Okay, WOW, I've just watched a few more episodes and what is going on?

In a few words:

• Hondo's back... yippee? I guess he wasn't that bad.

• Fake B-Wing that DOESN'T DO THAT.

• Gina Torres is probably a badass - can't tell, not with that dialogue...

• REX IS FAT. ALSO FAT JOKES, THE BEST, RIGHT DISNEY??

• Kanan doesn't like Rex/Rex doesn't like Kanan/Rex and Kanan are best buds. One of those is correct, maybe.

• INTERDICTOR!

• Oh yeah, forgot Ahsoka was in this show...

• Some plonker refers to the Inquisitors as red-blades... *cringe*, hope that doesn't stick. Also, they're still super boring.

• Ezra's parents are dead. They're alive?? No, they're dead... But are they...?

• How old is Leia supposed to be here? Old enough to be running aid missions all by herself? Aight, got it... Queen of Naboo age-ranges and stuff, she's practically on her last legs I reckon.

• Clearly they didn't put armour into the designs of the Imperial walkers yet. Or... anything protective. One has its legs cut through by a lightsabre and the other topples from cruiser engine blowback.

• Mandalorian boss is bad at business, I think.

• Mando girl Sabine is a Visla. OOOOOH, PLOT POINT, THAT'LL BE BACK.

• And her mother was Deathwatch - I think maybe we're supposed to remember who that is, but hell if I do...

• Two weirdos chant their way home with space magic.

• Kanan refers to something as "wild space"... did he mean deep space? Probably, because wild suggests there's like, animals and stuff there, which can't be ri-

• NO WAIT THERE ARE HYPERSPACE WHALE-SQUIDS

• And yellow TIE Fighters with parts of their wings missing. Gotta get the toys out, amirite?

• It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

[This message has been edited by ISOmetric (edited 02-22-2017 @ 12:57 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 02-22-17 08:55 PM EDT (US)     940 / 1043       
    Kanan refers to something as "wild space"... did he mean deep space? Probably, because wild suggests there's like, animals and stuff there, which can't be ri-
    Wild Space is the region just beyond the Outer Rim. Mapped, but barely settled and properly explored. A haven for smugglers and people who want to avoid the authorities.

ISOmetric
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-23-17 09:24 AM EDT (US)     941 / 1043       
    And full of Hyperspace Whale-Squids too, I'll bet...

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-23-17 12:20 PM EDT (US)     942 / 1043       
    And the Zakuulan Eternal Empire according to TOR

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
    Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 02-23-17 12:22 PM EDT (US)     943 / 1043       
    That is why TOR is always non-canon.

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 02-23-17 12:28 PM EDT (US)     944 / 1043       
    Unless the white slavers* Disney say otherwise

(*good lord George >_< )

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 02-25-17 08:49 PM EDT (US)     945 / 1043       
    Good one, tonight. Colonel Yularen makes his return as a white-shirt. Thrawn fights some droids, then fights them again.

And Kallus is outed... and doesn't know his cover is blown. Oh, and he basically engineered the execution of a minor Imperial character from Season One.

Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-07-17 07:47 PM EDT (US)     946 / 1043       
    Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 03-07-17 08:53 PM EDT (US)     947 / 1043       
    With... everything going back to normal? <_<

Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-16-17 10:26 PM EDT (US)     948 / 1043       

Will it end here? Will Kenobi finish what he started so long ago?
    Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 03-18-17 08:00 PM EDT (US)     949 / 1043       
    So ends the arc that perhaps should not have been. I think a lot of fanboys are going to be pissed.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 03-18-17 09:59 PM EDT (US)     950 / 1043       
    This junk should never have happened to begin with, but that was probably the best fight Star Wars has seen in years.

ARMY STRONG
    "Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 03-18-2017 @ 09:59 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 03-18-17 10:27 PM EDT (US)     951 / 1043       
    NAU IT NEEDED FLIPPING AND TO BE 375 MINUTES LONG WITH ALL THE FORCE POWERS USED

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-19-17 07:30 AM EDT (US)     952 / 1043       
    Honestly, the "fight" was kinda irksome to me. They built up this eventual confrontation and it amounted to two minutes, most of it talking. Makes me wonder why they even bothered.

I didn't need George's flippy spinny shit. Just...I dunno, I expected more than what we got. I think most of it has to do with the fact that Rebels' pacing is kinda shit.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 03-19-17 12:22 PM EDT (US)     953 / 1043       
    The point is Obi-Wan has had nearly two decades to think about everything that has happened, to know Maul is still out there, to analyze and pick apart his technique... to prepare. Maul's blind arrogance and rage kept him thinking he was still the badass elite assassin, instead of a withered half-mechanical husk who has only matched his blades against half-trained Inquisitors and Padawans.

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-19-17 01:32 PM EDT (US)     954 / 1043       
    I'm aware, but it felt like there was no point to the whole thing. They almost had something when Maul deduced Luke's existence, but like I said, no point.

If they had Maul discover Luke BEFORE facing Obi-Wan, he could have threatened to take and train the kid himself. Tie it into his desire to kill Palpatine and Vader.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 03-19-17 05:48 PM EDT (US)     955 / 1043       
    There was no point, because bringing Maul back was an idiotic mistake built around really misguided fanservice.

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-20-17 04:06 AM EDT (US)     956 / 1043       
    Well no shit

But they could have at least made the best of it. Instead they took another guy's idiocy and kept it idiotic after making it look like they were turning it around into something moderately awesome. That's just half-assed creativity to me.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 03-20-17 10:14 AM EDT (US)     957 / 1043       
    I respectfully disagree and assert that, in this case, less is more.

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 03-20-17 10:29 AM EDT (US)     958 / 1043       
    Were George still involved, I'd agree with you. But this is supposed to be better. Again, half-assed.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
    Moff
    posted 03-20-17 12:48 PM EDT (US)     959 / 1043       
    How many more saber clashes would make it fully-assed? And how many more to make it properly Mirandized?

Elder Terrier
    Banned
    posted 03-20-17 01:13 PM EDT (US)     960 / 1043       
    Not many.

Although to be honest, I knew it was going to end like that: With Maul losing. I mean, that would've been.... what, their fourth re-match?

If you look at their last 3 re-matches, you'll see why I said that it was predictable. (Well, that and the obvious plot-armor Kenobi was wearing. )

Also note that I'm basing who "won" in the last three matches on who ran away as I know that they were basically stalemates, so I consider the "winner" as the person who kept their ground.

So here goes:

First Re-match: Maul and Savage Opress vs. Obi-wan Kenobi and Asajj Ventress over Raydonia (not counting their skirmish on Raydonia as they technically never dueled; more like beat him into unconsciousness and held him prisoner on their ship)

Winner: Maul and Savage. Kenobi and Ventress escape with their lives (barely), and Kenobi outright states, "We're outmatched."

Second Re-match: Maul and Savage Opress (and part of the Ohnaka Gang) vs. Obi-wan Kenobi and Adi Gallia (and Hondo Ohnaka and the few gang members still loyal to him) on Florrum

Winner: Kenobi. Although Gallia is killed, Kenobi takes on both brothers by himself, slices off Savage's arm, and forces him and Maul into a retreat with Maul saying "This plan... has failed." Meanwhile, the Ohnaka Gang re-unites and once Maul and Savage limp out of the building drive them out of the stronghold and shoot down their ship, whereupon it crash-lands and the two are thought to be "vaporized".

...Or are they?

Third Re-match: Maul, Savage Opress, and the Supercommandos. vs. Obi-wan Kenobi and the Nite Owls on Mandalore (though this is actually a little bit of a proxy re-match since there's no actual dueling between Maul and Kenobi)

Winner: Maul, though in the larger picture it's somewhat inconclusive (as are all of the duels, really ). Kenobi escapes Mandalore as it descends into chaos, while Maul and Savage are suddenly distracted by a new enemy: Maul's old master, Sidious.

So to break down: Round one, Maul wins. Round two, Kenobi wins. Round three, Maul wins. Notice a pattern?

So it's easy to figure out how Round four would go, and that's exactly what happens:

Fourth Re-match: Maul vs. Obi-wan Kenobi on Tattooine. That's it. No proxies, no help, no turncoats. Just Maul and Obi.

Winner: Kenobi as he finally ends what he started and heals the wound first broken open thirty years ago (by him, admittedly), and thus end the long and actually rather tragic life of a broken, vengeful, blood-thirsty horny-headed man who was at the prime in his life, fell from grace and is now finally and for once at peace.

SIDENOTE: Actually, come to think of it, Maul would have been an old man himself at that point, wouldn't he? I mean, assuming he was in his 20s in The Phantom Menace, that would at least put him in his 50s during the time of Star Wars Rebels. That is unless Dathomirian Zabraks have Wookiee-esque levels of longevity...
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 31 32 33 34 ··· 35  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames