Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Monty_Python2003
Clone Trooper
posted 01-11-04 02:32 PM EDT (US)     391 / 2270       
I got a question I don't think any of you can answer!

*Rocks back in forth in chair, with a lunatic expression on his face*

Nope.
Dark Force User
Clone Trooper
posted 01-12-04 02:42 PM EDT (US)     392 / 2270       
than you and no i cant answer your question

Triggers:15% Current Projects
Details:20% Assassin's
Units:25%

Dawidos
Clone Trooper
posted 01-17-04 05:21 AM EDT (US)     393 / 2270       
Ok, I need a help. I wanna create inscriptions at the start of my campaign (you know inscriptions which we always see at the start of movie)but I wonder how can I center text ? I saw that in some campaigns. Could somebody help me ? I will be pleasure
Darth Monty
Clone Trooper
posted 01-17-04 05:54 AM EDT (US)     394 / 2270       
It takes alot of trial and error. You need to use spaces to get the text exactly center.

MONTE
MEC - SD - JA - HoA
Marshal Vader
Clone Trooper
(id: MasterLordVader)
posted 01-17-04 10:53 AM EDT (US)     395 / 2270       
Sometimes there are strange little boxes if you do something wrong in spcing your text..

=====MarshalVader=====
Darkness? Yes.
My Recommendations

Dan daman
Clone Trooper
posted 01-17-04 01:12 PM EDT (US)     396 / 2270       
Hello my name is Dan daman. I am fairly new here AND I CAN'T
FIGURE OUT HOW TO HEAL MY UNITS USING TRIGGERS!!!!!
I mean I get sooooo jealous when I see somone else heal thier units using a trigger(In tjok whenever i walk near a bush it dissapears and I see a message that says <healing herbs> and i am healed) how do you restore health with a trigger?????????

[This message has been edited by Dan daman (edited 01-17-2004 @ 01:13 PM).]

Xcal
Clone Trooper
(id: Xcaliber)
posted 01-17-04 01:53 PM EDT (US)     397 / 2270       
This is simple, when walking up to the bush the triggers are.

Bring object to area: Area and unit to bring to.
Effect: Damage object: by the amount of the unit.
Effect2: Damage object but copy and paste a minus sign in front of the unit's exact health.

[This message has been edited by Xcaliber (edited 01-17-2004 @ 01:54 PM).]

roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-17-04 08:28 PM EDT (US)     398 / 2270       
You know sometimes you task objects to some areas and when they get there they don't face the way you want it, is there any ways to make the unit face were you want him?

Thanks

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 1,2 Remaking
Obi Wan - Becoming a Jedi 3
My Site
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS ROCKS!!!

Jedi Guardian
Clone Trooper
posted 01-18-04 04:56 AM EDT (US)     399 / 2270       
DON'T OPEN THE EFFECT WHITH THE MINUS SIGN !!!
It will turn back to zero!
Darth Monty
Clone Trooper
posted 01-18-04 05:01 AM EDT (US)     400 / 2270       
Roee, it depends on where you're tasking him and where he is standing. Tasking him to a space away from the space where you want him to go can actually get him to go where you want. It's stupidly complicated, but what can you expect from a faulty editor.

MONTE
MEC - SD - JA - HoA
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-18-04 10:15 AM EDT (US)     401 / 2270       
I was thinking of tasking him backwards and then back to the place i wanted him to be, but it looks bad so I'll try to think about something

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

SithKnight17
Clone Trooper
posted 01-19-04 01:47 PM EDT (US)     402 / 2270       
Hi, I am a noob. Oh, god, that sounded wrong.

Anyway, for a scenario I'm doing, I want to be able to land an X-Wing and pick up a Y-Wing.

It was all going good: I had downloaded the mod, and had an idea. I would click on the Y-Wing, remove the X-Wing and Landed Y-Wings, and put in new Y-Wings and, if possible, landed X-Wings.

First problem: You can't select a Y-Wing. So, there's a guy in front of it. But now it just doesn't work.

Could someone help?

roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-19-04 05:46 PM EDT (US)     403 / 2270       
Well, I didn't really understand what you're asking, if you could please try explaining it more

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

SithKnight17
Clone Trooper
posted 01-20-04 01:46 PM EDT (US)     404 / 2270       
Okay, sorry, it's complicated.

Basically, how can I get it so I can click on the landed Y-Wing, remove it, replace it with an X-Wing, and have a couple of Y-Wings in the air?

New Question: Is there anyway to kill a selected object?

roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-20-04 02:20 PM EDT (US)     405 / 2270       
you mean in the editor???

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Shadow999
Clone Trooper
posted 01-21-04 09:48 AM EDT (US)     406 / 2270       
Okay, I have a question, and I really don't want te answer to be something to do with downloading AI.

Since I'm still learning with GB, I don't want to jump into mods/add-ons immediately, I just want to use what's provided first to get a feel for the system. So, here's my question:

I am making "Cloud City Invasion" from the Empire's point of view, and for the second part you play as Darth Vader. You must make your way through Cloud City to Luke Skywalker, and battle with him. BUT, at some stage (When Vader steps on a Trigger) I want Luke to start making for a set point.

How do I make Luke run to a set location? I tried using the "Task" Effect but it did not work, Luke just kept fighting with me. Is there another way without using AI to get Luke to run his ass to the point where he jumps off?

roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-21-04 02:15 PM EDT (US)     407 / 2270       
you could change the diplomacy to ally, and when you want them to fight again, change it back to enemy

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Dark Force User
Clone Trooper
posted 01-21-04 10:30 PM EDT (US)     408 / 2270       
Hey all.

ok i got a major prob. in camp. u complet a obj and it crosses it out how do you do that?
and how do i add mission objs?

Shadow999
Clone Trooper
posted 01-22-04 04:08 AM EDT (US)     409 / 2270       
Thanks roee_co, but I already had that in mind. Anyway, I've fixed it now and now I have a new question... or two... or three. I may as well get them all down while I can remember them.

1) How d'ya make cutscenes? Like take control of units and make them fly off-screen, or whatever. Like as an example, could you tell me how to bring in an Air Transport, drop of five Repeater Troopers, and then leave again?

2) Why do my Scroll Camera/Snap Cameria Views never work? They're always red, even after I have set everything.

3) What does "Que last pop cap" or something like that mean in the triggers listings?

4) How do I make boss battles? Is it something to do with mods? Or can it be done with just the normal SWGB:CC?

SithKnight17
Clone Trooper
posted 01-22-04 10:12 AM EDT (US)     410 / 2270       
Can anyone help?
Jedi Guardian
Clone Trooper
posted 01-22-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     411 / 2270       
To Shadow999

1.Cutscences are made by the display instructions, task objects and change player triggers.
2.Your doing it wrong! Its not like set veiw in options. you have to click on the location.
3.Work it out youself or download the Scn design guide.
4.Use Triggers.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Guardian (edited 01-22-2004 @ 02:09 PM).]

roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-22-04 02:11 PM EDT (US)     412 / 2270       
1. put the five troops inside the transport, than task it to the place you want, and task it to someplace back.

2. You can't set the scroll view to an object, that's probably your problem.

3. Boss battles are different in each campaign. you need to think about an original idea for it, and it will need a great deal of triggers.

Hope I helped

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Dark Force User
Clone Trooper
posted 01-22-04 07:41 PM EDT (US)     413 / 2270       
basicly what im asking is how you add and remove mission objects?

lets say there is objects u half to save. and its says you half to in the mission objects(goals) so you do and it removes that mission object and adds a new one

[This message has been edited by Dark Force User (edited 01-22-2004 @ 07:43 PM).]

Shadow999
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-04 04:56 AM EDT (US)     414 / 2270       
Thanks roee_co and Jedi Guardian. With cutscenes, I was looking for something deeper, but now I understand it just involves the simple use of triggers. I'm greatly thankful towards you both about the tasking objets part. That helps a great deal.

Now I need to know how to freeze the player temporarily. But don't tell me. I'll try and figure it out for myself.

To Dark Force User:

If you want to add/removie objects this is simple, partially. The hard bit is removing a CREATED object, which I'm not even sure is possible.

Okay, to create an object, simply click on "Triggers" then add a new effect. (You'll probaly want to choose the condition yourself). In the effects list, choose "Create Object". Punch it the details and set the location, and waalaa. If one, when the condition is accomplished, the object of your choice will be activated in the location you provided.

To REMOVE an object, do the same as above but this time choose the effect "Remove Object". I don't know if you plan on removing the object you created, because I don't know how to do that. Maybe someone else does, but you can always task the object you created to another place on the map.Anyway, punch in your details on which object you plan to remove, and when the condition is fulfilled, the object that you selected will be removed.

Dark Force User
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-04 08:10 AM EDT (US)     415 / 2270       
i ment goals like mission objects not units or buildings.hehehe

SithKnight17
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-04 01:46 PM EDT (US)     416 / 2270       
Is anyone going to help?
roee_co
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-04 01:47 PM EDT (US)     417 / 2270       
I'm sorry but I really didn't understand what you mean

Projects:
The Mystery Islands
My Site

Sidious
Clone Trooper
(id: Darth Sidious)
posted 01-23-04 03:39 PM EDT (US)     418 / 2270       
If you want to kill a selected object, use this:

Trigger:
Condition: Select Object
Effect: Kill Object

You should do your Y-Wing trick this way:

Trigger: Remove old units [looping off]
Condition: Select Object
Effect: Remove Object [make as much of these as you need]
Effect: Activate Trigger: Create new units

Trigger: Create new units [starting state off/looping off]
Effect: Create object [make as much of these as you need]

Good luck!

Dark Force User
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-04 04:54 PM EDT (US)     419 / 2270       
MISSION OBJECTS! lets say you half to kill al the bad guys and when u are. some thing new pops up like. mission object

Shadow999
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-04 09:42 PM EDT (US)     420 / 2270       
Now I get it. This is what he means:

When a condition is fulfilled, how do I make new mission objectives pop up, like in the campaigns when a notice says "Objectives have changed" and it flashes. I wouldn't mind knowing how to do that myself.

But... now I have four questions... I hope they're not too diffiult. This should be the last batch of questions from me in a while.

- How do I lock teams in my own Scenario?

- How to I disable other teams resigning in a Scenario?

- How to I disable other teams barking out orders during my Scenario? ("Coverge and attack now!")

- How do I disable a group of units doing ANYTHING on any team (and disable that later?) I mean, moving, tlking, attacking, completely everything so they are vegetables. The "Freeze" Effect doesn't always work.

- Is there a way to create objects in bulk?

Thank you VERY MUCH.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames