Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Astro
Clone Trooper
(id: Astro_mech)
posted 08-27-03 10:53 PM EDT (US)     181 / 2270       
Tesla Trooper, I think it is impossible to do that. I have tried before. The best you can do is just make the lazer hit the invisible target.

- Astro
Tesla Trooper
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-03 11:35 AM EDT (US)     182 / 2270       
Ok, thanks
If anyone figures out how to make it possible to do this, highly unlikely though, please let me know.

Tesla Trooper
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
posted 08-30-03 11:51 AM EDT (US)     183 / 2270       
I'm not sure if you can do that. When I first installed the All Units Mod, I basically just ignored all of the lasers and effects from the list. I may have once tried tasking one, but it didn't work.
Tesla Trooper
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-03 11:56 AM EDT (US)     184 / 2270       
Hmm...maybe if i tried a create object, and had them follow a trail into a wall or something...

And Echuu get on MSN

Tesla Trooper
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
posted 08-30-03 12:36 PM EDT (US)     185 / 2270       
I don't have MSN on this computer.
Geonosian Cook
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-03 05:32 PM EDT (US)     186 / 2270       
Okay, I'm going to ask a question that may make those who read it say: "What an idiot!" I'm not a beginner at scenario designing, but I'm not advanced. (I don't know how do AI and stuff like that that's outside the game) Anyway, my question: When one objective is complete, how do you make a new one appear?
BobaFett
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-03 05:39 PM EDT (US)     187 / 2270       
You use the same work you used for the first objective, only you make the trigger state: OFF and use an 'Activate Trigger' Effect in a trigger before it to turn it on whenever you please.

--------\BobaFett
----------\Rogue Creations
----------\Plague Of Darkness
Jango Fett 18
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-03 06:17 PM EDT (US)     188 / 2270       
What An Idiot!!

Just kidding!!

// \\
//Havoc\\
//Leader of XGI\\
//XGI Main Site | XGI Forums\\
Wtf is up with Hillary Clinton and her dead turtle?!
Geonosian Cook
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-03 12:15 PM EDT (US)     189 / 2270       
The "idiot" thanks you.
Jango Fett 18
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-03 10:44 PM EDT (US)     190 / 2270       
I seriously wouldn't say that if you asked a question!

// \\
//Havoc\\
//Leader of XGI\\
//XGI Main Site | XGI Forums\\
Wtf is up with Hillary Clinton and her dead turtle?!
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 09-01-03 03:14 PM EDT (US)     191 / 2270       
Question: How do you stop units from patrolling?
BobaFett
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-03 03:16 PM EDT (US)     192 / 2270       
Use the stop unit effect.

--------\BobaFett
Astro
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-03 04:35 PM EDT (US)     193 / 2270       
I have a question. How do you make a player unselect a unit using triggers? For example in TVS' turn-based templet, when you select Luke (or Leia) during a battle, they automatically get unselected. How is this done? Thanks!

- Astro
UlicQel Droma
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-03 05:04 PM EDT (US)     194 / 2270       
You create a Map Revealer then you remove it.

UlicQel Droma
Current Project: The Dorssian War
Secondary Project: The Shadows of the Sith
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 09-01-03 05:06 PM EDT (US)     195 / 2270       
A better way would be to change the unit to player X and then change it back to the original player immediately after.

Mace
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
posted 09-01-03 05:13 PM EDT (US)     196 / 2270       
Ulic, that has nothing to do with what he is asking. To make a unit automatically unselected, you would use the following trigger...

Trigger 1
Start: On
Condition: Object Selected - Unit
Effect: - Change Ownership - 1 to 2
Effect: (Optional) Flash Object - Unit

Astro
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-03 08:56 PM EDT (US)     197 / 2270       
Thanks Master Echuu!

Also, does anyone know of a good music/sound composer program that I can download? I would like to make some music for my new campaign.

- Astro

[This message has been edited by Astro_mech (edited 09-03-2003 @ 05:14 PM).]

Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 09-03-03 03:44 PM EDT (US)     198 / 2270       
Oh yeah...
Geonosian Cook
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-03 12:08 PM EDT (US)     199 / 2270       
At the moment, I'm working on a campaign based on the game, Clone Wars. I'm currenty working on a scenario that takes place on the Kashyyyk moon. In the game (Clone Wars), the Confederacy has buildings that look similiar to the RA's Tech 1 command center. So I tried to use the change ownership trigger (gaia RA cc to Confederacy)and it was working until my units walked near it and then it became myn. So at that point, I knew I could only give the CIA an RA cc that they can keep by making a player the RA. I'm picky about my scenarios and I don't want people to look at the diplomacy screen and see the RA listed as a player and say," The rebels? Uh..." Is there any other way to give a player a Tech1 RA cc without making the rebels a player?
BobaFett
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-03 04:57 PM EDT (US)     200 / 2270       
Cook, just select the unit/building in side the place unit area. Then which to the player that is the Confederacy, then you should have it still selected only when you place it, it will be the Confederacy's building/unit.

Astro_mech, there are many music editing programs that are good. But I use Audacity. I think you can find it here (note to mods: if giving the link is againest the CoC then please take it out)

*takes 200 post*

--------\BobaFett

[This message has been edited by BobaFett (edited 09-06-2003 @ 05:09 PM).]

iChris
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-03 05:21 PM EDT (US)     201 / 2270       
I have tried this many times and have failed to do so many times. Is it possible (without any mod) to make it so every 5 kills (whatever number), you would recieve a tribute(or some other effect). Now I do not know if there is any way to reset the status of the kills you have accumulated because that seems to be the problem. The Scenario Editor remembers how many kills you have and will not repeat after every 5 or so. Please help me because I really don't feel like doing a trigger for 6 players for every 5 kills :\.
BobaFett
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-03 06:43 PM EDT (US)     202 / 2270       
iChris,This method can be done with AI. Here is a guide for writing AI.

--------\BobaFett
Astro
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-03 11:43 PM EDT (US)     203 / 2270       
Thank you SO much Bobafett! I was afraid no one would answer me!

And Geonosian Cook: Hey, isn't Thule in that game? My new campaign has a scenario based on Thule! I am going to release a preview in a few days too!

- Astro
Geonosian Cook
Clone Trooper
posted 09-07-03 10:25 AM EDT (US)     204 / 2270       
Yup, Thule is on Clone Wars and I've been dying to start working on the scenario. I already have the terrain planned out, volcanic terrain with nova crystals spread everywhere. It's too bad there isn't any lightning in CC, because that would be usefull. Refering to my question earlier, could you do a create object trick to get the Confederacy an RA command center?
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 09-09-03 06:21 PM EDT (US)     205 / 2270       
HELP ME! In Coruscant Life, I have a lot of traffic going through narrow space. The problem is, it gets all clogged up. Anyone know how to fix this?

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Astro
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-03 07:02 PM EDT (US)     206 / 2270       
Sorry, Admiral_Zaarin, but I think the only way would be to make less units go through, or remove some units while the player can't see them.

- Astro
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 09-09-03 10:14 PM EDT (US)     207 / 2270       
Thanks, A_M. I think I'll try using the Starfighter AI, and changing the ownership of people I don't want to move.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
iChris
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-03 08:17 PM EDT (US)     208 / 2270       
If I do the every 5 kills thing with AI, will it be able to be played online? Or would the people who play it online need a patch? It is important that it is playable for all and not just the people who download a mod that I made.
Darth Nai
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-03 08:17 PM EDT (US)     209 / 2270       
This week, I had promised to release a demo version of
"Coruscant Adventures", my new scenario where you are a bounty hunter and earn money by doing different jobs, mostly hunting down powerfull figures with bounties on their heads. Unfortunatley, the demo release will be delayed because the game is constantly crashing while in campaign editor and tests, due to certain triggers I inserted. For exmaple, today I selected "change ownership" from the effects menu, and the game crashed. What causes triggers to crash the game and how can I avoid crashing when I create triggers?

Darth Nai, Co-leader of ASD (For AgeS we have been Dead)
Bet kindchen bet, morgen kommt der Schwed.
Stupidity quote of the week:
"We should invade their Muslim countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity!"
-Ann Coulter
Admiral Ra
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-03 09:57 PM EDT (US)     210 / 2270       
Hmmm...Try deleting the trigger and redoing it. There are some problems with triggers in SWGB, like the ...*tries to remember name* Follow object, change ownership triggers crash alot.

- Ye Olde Technical Artist - My Portfolio -
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames