Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54 55 56 57 58 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
ebor_ebor
Clone Trooper
posted 02-22-06 08:57 AM EDT (US)     1651 / 2270       
Oops! My bad. I ment to say 1/0 but I had just got done with a long day and typed 1/1 instead. I have not had time to check your map but I will get around it asap.
WizardBoy
Clone Trooper
posted 02-22-06 10:32 AM EDT (US)     1652 / 2270       
Allright, thats good!

Don't forget to send a playtesting scenario to me, okay?
Or else the full version of your project.

Oh, please give comment on my map, to know if its good or not

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
The Wolfe
Clone Trooper
posted 02-24-06 07:40 PM EDT (US)     1653 / 2270       
Ok, I'm Making a scenario Where you've got people in the background that look like they're Fighting, But Without Hurting The Unit they're attacking, Like, On The Scenarios Where You're In The Jedi Academy(Luke's Jedi Academy) And You've got jedi padawans training, like that ecxept w/people in front of them. In The jedi academy scenario the jedi padawans were attacking nothing, How Did they do that? I want to freeze frame a bunch of jedi in attack mode, Tell Me How Please.

"Kaysh nayc jate at ni kyray."
-Boba Fett
(Mando'a translation of "He's no good to me dead"

[This message has been edited by The wolfe (edited 02-25-2006 @ 11:04 AM).]

Obey the CoC
Grognard
(id: The Legend)
posted 02-26-06 04:21 AM EDT (US)     1654 / 2270       
In the editor there's a unit called invisible target that can be placed where you like and the enemy will attack it.

Or you can use a invincibility trigger:

Looping trigger:
Damage Object: (Object), (ObjectHP)
Damage Object: (Object), -(ObjectHP)
(Copy and paste the - symbol and dont look at that effect again or it will change to 0 again.)

myself
JackXbox
Clone Trooper
posted 02-28-06 03:18 PM EDT (US)     1655 / 2270       
Is there a simple way to make it so when u start a game you can see the majority of the map if it is all Gaia? I need this for my Battlefront campaign but i don't wwant the whole map to be seen or you will see the troop selection etc.

Thanks

DarthJacob1153
Clone Trooper
posted 02-28-06 08:59 PM EDT (US)     1656 / 2270       
I think the only way to do that is by using the "Reveal Map" objects.

OOOO -DarthJacob1153- OOOO
Jorrel Fraajic (My Wookieepedia Profile)
(ŻŻŻŻŻŻ{{============= Custom Saber Shop =============}}ŻŻŻŻŻŻ)
JackXbox
Clone Trooper
posted 03-01-06 12:26 PM EDT (US)     1657 / 2270       
Thanks,
BTW is anyone would like to help me and the others at Ketchup Gaming with the game just drop me a line. When the maps are done it would be nice for some people to help with the triggers - i know what the triggers are but there are so many to do - if I do it by myself the game won't be released on schedule.

Thanks

JackXbox
Delta 618
Clone Trooper
posted 03-01-06 07:35 PM EDT (US)     1658 / 2270       
I need to know how to make taunt activated triggers. I want to make it to when I type in breach my units take specific positions. Basically just tell me how to add new taunts please.

Oh forget it...
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 03-02-06 03:17 PM EDT (US)     1659 / 2270       
I do not think that is possible. If it were, everyone would be doing it.

Quote:

if I do it by myself the game won't be released on schedule.

Simple solution. Don't have a schedule. It's finished when it's finished.

Whoa.
Delta 618
Clone Trooper
posted 03-02-06 05:10 PM EDT (US)     1660 / 2270       
Fudgy nuppleskins. I swear there was a way to add taunts. Well taunt commanded commando squad I shall never have you.

Oh forget it...
TenMinutePhantom
Clone Trooper
posted 03-12-06 05:24 PM EDT (US)     1661 / 2270       
Anybody have any tips on how to keep track of all your triggers when you get into like the 100's?

"Delicious jams and jellies?" National Treausure
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
posted 03-12-06 06:36 PM EDT (US)     1662 / 2270       
Yes. Name them. Seriously. If a trigger makes a guy named John die, name the trigger "John dies."

Or with dialogue, write the first part of it as the title of the trigger.

Whoa.
prepsmustdie
Clone Trooper
posted 03-19-06 11:28 PM EDT (US)     1663 / 2270       
ok how do u use the TauntSignal AI thing i set it as player 1 personality, then i set condition as ai signal 1, tehn the effect was recherch heavey armor, it dosent work! how do u work this thingy

thanks

Sierra Wolf
Omega
(id: Rossk)
posted 03-19-06 11:34 PM EDT (US)     1664 / 2270       
I had the same problem. You have to set the AI personality to TauntSignalAI for Player 2.

Sierra Wolf
Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-06 09:34 AM EDT (US)     1665 / 2270       
Delta, you mean totally new taunts? Like, new taunt sound files? Ok, for example you have a sound file called "RELOAD!!!". Copy that sound file (it should be mp3 AFAIK), look what taunts there are, and what taunt number you want. Like, "101, RELOAD!!!" will make the game play that file when you type 101 in chat. That way was tested by me...
space ruller
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-06 03:38 PM EDT (US)     1666 / 2270       
i am haveing some trouble trying to make an bridge trigger i can make the bridge appear but not dissapear with out using the destroy trigger but then i can't remake the bridge some one plz help
Spikerboy95
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-06 06:32 PM EDT (US)     1667 / 2270       
Hello im new to this site and i had a few question
1 how do i download single player scenarios?
2 how do i submit my own scenarios?
SilverSaber_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-06 07:04 PM EDT (US)     1668 / 2270       
I just answered that on the Scenario Design Newbie Guide page.

SilverSaber_Yoda
Currently Working On
STAR WARS SITH
RESIDENT EVIL: OPERATION PHOENIX
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-06 01:08 AM EDT (US)     1669 / 2270       
Ehh, might as well post a question that is very basic, but is bugging me.

People say you can task units that have not been created on the map yet. How?... I have tried a lot, including basically this:

Trigger1:
Effect Task Object.

I use the area part too specify a location where say, a Jedi Padawan is. I then set a location, say 5 tiles away. I do not use the object part, but set up the rest of it too specify a Naboo Jedi Padawan of Player 1, to move 5 tiles too the North. I test player 1 as Naboo and nothing happens. I look through the trigger, and its starting as on, no looping.

I add Condition timer 1.

Still nothing.

Apparently the Area part of task object dosen't work. It bugs and confuses me.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-06 05:53 AM EDT (US)     1670 / 2270       
AFAIK, after you select the area, you MUST press "Go to area" and then select location and press "go to location". Otherwise it won't work...
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-06 09:44 AM EDT (US)     1671 / 2270       
Yah, when you click "Go to area" or "Go to location" it is also a confirmation that it worked.

Also make sure you didn't accidently click an object while working with that trigger that may have tasked some one else to go to that location.

Whoa.
SilverSaber_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-06 10:18 AM EDT (US)     1672 / 2270       
Select Area is where the object is at before it goes. Select location is where it goes. Hope it helps.

SilverSaber_Yoda
Currently Working On
STAR WARS SITH
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-06 03:33 AM EDT (US)     1673 / 2270       
Wait, so I haveto press the go to area to activate the area part of the effect... WTF

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 03-30-2006 @ 03:34 AM).]

SilverSaber_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-06 03:00 PM EDT (US)     1674 / 2270       
no, if you don't select the area where the object is standing at. Then no. Just select the object and the location for it to go.

SilverSaber_Yoda
Currently Working On
STAR WARS SITH
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-06 07:06 PM EDT (US)     1675 / 2270       
I can do that, I am talking about tasking non-created objects. Like creating a stormtrooper and tasking it somewhere.

Dedicated RPer
SilverSaber_Yoda
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-06 08:42 PM EDT (US)     1676 / 2270       
ook, then just use the select area part to select the area where your non created stormtrooper will be standing.

SilverSaber_Yoda
Currently Working On
STAR WARS SITH
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-06 00:43 AM EDT (US)     1677 / 2270       
It's also a good idea that if there's more than one type of unit in the area you select to specify which kind of unit it is.

Whoa.
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-06 06:16 AM EDT (US)     1678 / 2270       

I create triggers like this.

CreateJedi

Effect Create object player 1 JediKnight(N)

TaskJedi

Condition objects in area(area=where JediKnight is created) JediKnight(N)

Task Object JediKnight(N) area where Jedi is created. Location= 5 squares to the north.

IT FAILS. The Jedi just stands there. The trigger does not work.

And yes, they are both on, no looping, and they macth eacthother in what unit is bieng created/tasked.

So, uhh...

Dedicated RPer
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-06 10:07 AM EDT (US)     1679 / 2270       
Is it the same player?

Whoa.
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 04-03-06 07:28 PM EDT (US)     1680 / 2270       
Yep...

I tried this in AoC too, and it didn't work(Long swordsman instead of Jedi Knight)

Dedicated RPer
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54 55 56 57 58 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames