Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 41 42 43 44 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Revan
GreenFan PAO 13
(id: LOrd_REvan)
posted 05-20-05 04:11 PM EDT (US)     1231 / 2270       
Sxy Fy

Go to the options section in the scenario design and disable the "Holonet Tranceiver" technology for player 1

-- Revan--

u called down the thunder...
...now reap the whirlwind !

[This message has been edited by LOrd_REvan (edited 05-20-2005 @ 04:12 PM).]

Lord_Vader81
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-05 04:53 PM EDT (US)     1232 / 2270       
Quote: I believe I can help. After you make the effect that names the unit, just click on the name of the trigger and the trigger should turn green.

Thanks for the help but I believe your misunderstanding me. After I change the name of the object the EFFECT still is red. Help will be appreciated.

j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-22-05 03:05 AM EDT (US)     1233 / 2270       
If I freeze a number of units, one of those units within the group will always move. I do not want to use Immobile Units AI Gold, is there another way to keep this one unit from moving?

Thanks.

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 05-22-05 03:13 AM EDT (US)     1234 / 2270       
You can surround it in cliffs, or set it to task infinitely on the same location. (I believe)

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-22-05 03:41 AM EDT (US)     1235 / 2270       
Surrounding him isn't an option, and the task infinity didn't work... Thanks anyway.
Uriah Rennie
Clone Trooper
(id: Theo T)
posted 05-22-05 11:55 AM EDT (US)     1236 / 2270       
Yeh, loop the trigger.

Theo
Last.fm Twitter

"Shut up Herr." - Arkhane
Nebulabear
Clone Trooper
posted 05-22-05 06:04 PM EDT (US)     1237 / 2270       
I am creating a cut seane how do you allow the player to see the map.
I love fambas
Clone Trooper
posted 05-22-05 06:45 PM EDT (US)     1238 / 2270       
You need to use map revealers.

Lover Of Fambaas
j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-22-05 09:57 PM EDT (US)     1239 / 2270       
I did loop the trigger... However that's not a problem now. Right now I want to know how to automatically deselect all the player's units currently selected, and unable to select any until I 'enable' it again.

Thanks.

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 05-22-05 10:01 PM EDT (US)     1240 / 2270       
Use the Change Ownership effect to change the units in question to another, allied player. The player won't be able to move the units, and it will also deselect them.

j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-22-05 10:08 PM EDT (US)     1241 / 2270       
Hmmm... it's funny, I was planning to do this but wanted another way. Well I'll give it a go, I'll have to put in a map revealer though. Thank you.
Pink Panther
Banned
posted 05-23-05 06:33 AM EDT (US)     1242 / 2270       
OK, theoretically when you 'Research Tech', the tech gets researched - right? Apparently not. See I'm relying on me being able to research stuff for the whole point of my upcoming campaign, and that seems to be ****ed as of now, as I can't do it.

And no I'm not trying to research stuff thats exclusive to another civ etc, I'm tryin to get the following (all for RA):

Integreated Pathfinder
Dexterity
Tougher Armour
Adv Powerpack
Hvy Armour

And it doesn't seem to be workin. Anyone shed some light on this please?

Xcal
Clone Trooper
(id: Xcaliber)
posted 05-23-05 11:43 AM EDT (US)     1243 / 2270       
Get a PC...Actually, to be honest...I've had the same problem...I can't remember how you fix it...Sorry.
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 05-23-05 01:26 PM EDT (US)     1244 / 2270       
You have to use Enable Technology (I think that's the name of the trigger, not 100% sure) to first enable the research of the technology, then use Research Technology to actually gain it for the player you want.

Pink Panther
Banned
posted 05-23-05 03:48 PM EDT (US)     1245 / 2270       
Thought so, and I did do that, but it still didn't work on some. Shity thing.
Pink Panther
Banned
posted 05-23-05 04:27 PM EDT (US)     1246 / 2270       
Right, tried it, and it now works, cheers Crazed. still doesn't work for comps though =/. And before anyone starts bithing, the double post was intentional because it marks it as a new post, an edit doesn't.

*leaves again*

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 05-23-05 05:06 PM EDT (US)     1247 / 2270       
Np Pinky.

j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-24-05 05:39 AM EDT (US)     1248 / 2270       
My current mission is driving me completely bonkers, problem after problem.

For a respawn method every five minutes, I use triggers to create some units (in the ownership of an allied player) and task them to a specific area (the player's base).

I have another trigger with the condition 'Objects in area', and the effect is to turn ownership over to me. All the details are exact, I have set the quantity to '4', yet when the four enter the zone, the player isn't given ownership of them. I've also made sure the trigger is a loop trigger, but still... it's just not working.

Theoretically, when FOUR heavy mech destroyers enter the zone, their ownership SHOULD be turned over to me. But it's just not working, I don't understand it. What drives me more insane is that it worked with one or two of the reinforcement groups previously, but now when I do it, it doesn't work!

Also... I have an objective trigger with three conditions, all of which are 'Destroy Object'. This trigger is set to 'off', but as soon it is activated the objective crosses itself out. You're thinking this means the three objects have already been destroyed right? Wrong. They're still there, and they haven't changed ownership or anything. GB's just being nutty. *Kills something*.

Thanks.

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 05-24-05 02:10 PM EDT (US)     1249 / 2270       
Is the Objects in Area condition looking for Player *number* units instead of Player 1? It should be looking for the player that controls the units (aka: the allied player you talked about)

Also, the Source in the Change Ownership should be the number of the allied player.

j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-24-05 07:08 PM EDT (US)     1250 / 2270       
Well, it's 'quantity', not player number.

And check for the second one.

Like I said it was working before, so my details must be right...

Thanks for the suggestions.

j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-25-05 06:43 AM EDT (US)     1251 / 2270       
Haha, solved the problem. It's quite funny.

See there's two things I always find problems linking back to in GBG:

1) There's ALWAYS an explaination as to why what you're trying to do won't work.

2) The reason why you CAN NEVER find why something is going wrong, is because it's most likely something small you missed.

In my case, forgetting to activate the trigger.

*Runs away*.

patine
Clone Trooper
posted 05-25-05 08:08 PM EDT (US)     1252 / 2270       
I'm new here, and I've got a bit of a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I admit I didn't leaf through this whole thread to see if it's been asked before. I disabled the building of Command Centers for two allied, TL-3 AI players, as I wanted the ones they began with to be objectives. I then found myself plowing through a cluster of 4 or 5 Command Centers each they'd built away from the ones meant to be objectives, and caught them starting more, on my playtest. I double-checked, and, yes, I'd disabled them for both players. What gives?! Does anyone know?
j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-05 07:49 AM EDT (US)     1253 / 2270       
Hi, I'm making a mission for my campaign based on Coruscant, and the populated atmosphere is a hard thing to create.

Firstly, how do I stop the 'civilian' team from throwing all the Rodians, Twi'leks, Aqualishs and so fourth together and making them march around the place in big groups? I want them to wander around (not have a frozen AI), but not like this.

Secondly, in the Shadows Of The Empire mod (I loved it), how did the creator manage to get the traffic to fly in perfect collumns over Coruscant? That one I'm dying to know.

And last, any other suggestions as to what to do regarding creating a populated atmosphere for a planet such as Coruscant?

Thanks very much.

j33
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-05 07:53 AM EDT (US)     1254 / 2270       
Oh, and for Patine, I don't know why the game is doing that but I think I have a solution.

Make a trigger with the condition "Objects In Area", fill in the details, (it's fairly straight forward, just cover the whole map), then make the effect 'Remove Object'. Don't set any objects, just drag the area zone right over the map.

Then again... the computer's resources will still be decreased from building those Command Centers... I don't know if that's okay by you or not.

Gamer1826
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-05 10:48 PM EDT (US)     1255 / 2270       
Alright, I'm having troubles with a map I'm making. Two, specifically that aren't simply bugs. First off, is there a way to allow you to see a certain Ally's units, or a certain area to do a cutscene, and then have that area be filled by the fog when done? If so, how?

The other problem is similar to the first. I need to be able to look over a certain area without the fog of war, but when I'm finished with it, I need the fog of war to return.

Details are appreciated.

HoloJek
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-05 10:50 PM EDT (US)     1256 / 2270       
Use ultimate map revealers. (use triggers to create them and then remove them when the cutscene is done)

[This message has been edited by HoloJek (edited 05-26-2005 @ 10:51 PM).]

Gamer1826
Clone Trooper
posted 05-27-05 03:16 PM EDT (US)     1257 / 2270       
Well, how do you make it so that you don't see the map revealer?
Revan
GreenFan PAO 13
(id: LOrd_REvan)
posted 05-27-05 03:18 PM EDT (US)     1258 / 2270       
Don't use the "ultimate map" revealer but the "map revealer 8"

-- Revan--

u called down the thunder...
...now reap the whirlwind !
Gamer1826
Clone Trooper
posted 05-27-05 05:20 PM EDT (US)     1259 / 2270       
Alright, now I have another question. For Cutscenes, what's the best way to make it so that your main characters are given to a computer character, but you aren't defeated and the map ends, and so that none of the map is revealed if you had another unit somewhere?
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 05-27-05 05:24 PM EDT (US)     1260 / 2270       
The answer is placing an Undefeatable Object. It can be placed like a unit or a building on a map, and it is invisible. It is essentially a player-owned thing that keeps them always alive. With that in place, you can change ownership of all units to a computer player without fear of Player 1 losing the game.

As for "and so that none of the map is revealed if you had another unit somewhere?", I'm not quite sure what you mean.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 41 42 43 44 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames