You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.78 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread (SPOILER FREE)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread (SPOILER FREE)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 12-20-17 01:38 AM EDT (US)         
SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY "Big Game" TV SPOT

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY OFFICIAL TEASER

I couldn't come up with a better title and I know it's a bit early, but remembering the formula Disney's using, I was able to find out the official name of Star War's anthology. Also, It's supposed to be released FIVE MONTHS FROM NOW. That right now is the reason I made a thread for discussion of this film. It is centered on Han Solo and his adventures in his younger days, along with Chewie. Thanks to General_Rhys_Dallows, we now have a trailer to present for the thread and is placed in the OP for presentation.

What do you guys think the film will turn out to be?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-20-2018 @ 08:04 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 03-30-18 10:15 AM EDT (US)     61 / 78       
Crazed is right, though... this is prototyping for Kenobi, Leia, Fett... the problem is it's also showing fans that they don't know how to do those films justice. Again, everything we know about their background is going to be crammed into a five-day period of their lives.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-08-18 09:45 PM EDT (US)     62 / 78       
http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2018/04/breaking-new-solo-star-wars-story_8.html

Yup. There's stuff and things.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 04-08-18 11:21 PM EDT (US)     63 / 78       
...L3-37. We're off to a great start!

>_<

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-09-18 09:32 AM EDT (US)     64 / 78       
IT'S AN AT-ST! I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!

But it's slightly different so they broke new ground trying new stuff! STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS!

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 04-09-18 10:15 AM EDT (US)     65 / 78       

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-09-18 10:34 PM EDT (US)     66 / 78       
So remember when I asked, "What makes SW SW for you?"

http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,11925,,all

Round here, say? <_<

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 04-10-18 05:55 AM EDT (US)     67 / 78       
Funnily enough, what I said almost six years ago is still pretty much how I feel...

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 04-10-18 10:16 AM EDT (US)     68 / 78       
Likewise. And for further irony, TLJ taunted me with what I wanted--criticism of the Jedi apotheosis--and then gave me exactly what I said I didn't want: pointlessly EMO grit-for-grit's-sake dark.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 04-10-18 02:59 PM EDT (US)     69 / 78       
pointlessly EMO
Isn't that basically what they cater to now?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-11-18 05:19 PM EDT (US)     70 / 78       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cc5nvsZ_c

Huh.

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 04-11-18 07:53 PM EDT (US)     71 / 78       
That's actually pretty interesting. Actually pretty cool how it references the opening shot of the original movie, but then goes a different direction with it.

Currently listening to: Emil Karma
Tann and Reath part two progress
Completely finished: one
Only Narrative needed: five
In progress: two
To be made: six
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-11-18 08:54 PM EDT (US)     72 / 78       
If only the rest of the film did.

Queen Jenny the Mediocre
Clone Trooper
(id: neo222)
posted 05-28-18 05:09 AM EDT (US)     73 / 78       
Haven't seen it yet, so is it any good?

I could move to a small town, and become a waitress...
jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 05-28-18 07:36 AM EDT (US)     74 / 78       
Solo? Yeah, it's pretty good. It stays pretty safe and is mostly predictable, but it's a pretty fun ride.

Queen Jenny the Mediocre
Clone Trooper
posted 05-28-18 11:33 AM EDT (US)     75 / 78       
Just out of interest, how much does it tie into the overall 'bigger picture' of the SW universe at the time that is set? The impression I got is that it is quite... small scale, immediately concerning the characters but not really being part of the bigger picture of the geopolitical situation of the galaxy at the time (e.g. the rise of the Empire, the foundings of the rebellion)...

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 05-28-18 12:10 PM EDT (US)     76 / 78       
Yeah, it doesn't have much to say about the empire outside of Han brief time in the military, and the rebellion is only mentioned. It's mostly just the organized crime.

There is a sort of sequel hook at the end that might lead to something bigger, though.

Queen Jenny the Mediocre
Clone Trooper
posted 05-28-18 03:01 PM EDT (US)     77 / 78       
See, that's one of the reasons I was disinterested in this story in the first place. I find the wider conflict more interesting than just Oceans Eleven in space.

Still, people are saying it's good so maybe I'll give it a chance.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-28-18 08:51 PM EDT (US)     78 / 78       
Go see it. It's the first Star Wars movie released by Lucasfilm since 1983.

EDIT: In hindsight, this is unfair. The Force Awakens is also a Star Wars film. In fact, it's the original film. So, it's the first original Star Wars film since 1983.

[This message has been edited by Kousoku Senkan Moffgou (edited 06-07-2018 @ 10:20 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames