You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.183 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 12-13-17 01:48 PM EDT (US)         
The Last Jedi is only a couple of days away from release. As such, a new thread has been opened for discussion of the film and surrounding materials, spoilers included. The previous thread opened by Keno is to remain spoiler-free. Violation of this will result in punishment as deemed appropriate by the moderation staff.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 04-19-18 04:12 PM EDT (US)     151 / 183       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Derla_Pidys

...Another character with a prominent facial feature strongly reminiscent of an anus. Um. Something we should know about the art department?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 04-19-18 04:49 PM EDT (US)     152 / 183       
Oh good lord

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-18 08:05 PM EDT (US)     153 / 183       
Am I wrong? Is that not an anus face?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-18 08:21 PM EDT (US)     154 / 183       
No no, it does.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-21-18 12:04 PM EDT (US)     155 / 183       
Re: The Sacred Jedi Texts
"The Aionomica, the Rammahgon, a dozen other mystic-sounding made-up names—the foundation of the ancient faith."
woke af

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-28-18 10:34 AM EDT (US)     156 / 183       

Not for the weak of heart. (So, Zaarin... FA, you might not like this. And that's on the basis of what I've seen by the two-minute mark )

[This message has been edited by Kousoku Senkan Moffgou (edited 08-28-2018 @ 10:35 AM).]

THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
(id: The Real Bryl)
posted 08-29-18 08:27 AM EDT (US)     157 / 183       
Saw most of the Plinkett review yesterday, still need to watch the rest.

I was a bit skeptical at first because of how much has already been said about TLJ, but Mike actually managed to break new ground (!!!) with this one. Will give more thoughts when I've finished watching it.

EDIT: looks like Rian Johnson hasn't watched it. Strange, after he said that he loves and fears RLM last year.

The "Real" Bryl
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

paulstreet.bandcamp.com

[This message has been edited by THE Fake Bryl (edited 08-29-2018 @ 11:05 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-29-18 09:47 PM EDT (US)     158 / 183       
I don't think RLM is really calling for a boycott... just the lazy joke. But I do think Mike's serious about not bothering with Episode IX until the shrieking of the fans forces him to go.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-18 00:52 AM EDT (US)     159 / 183       
Can't say I blame him, really. The whole thing has just been a shit show...Wish I didn't have to say no pun intended

THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
posted 08-30-18 07:29 AM EDT (US)     160 / 183       
Rian Johnson replied to my tweet. I'm kinda dumbfounded.

The "Real" Bryl

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-30-18 10:59 AM EDT (US)     161 / 183       
What did he say?

THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
posted 08-30-18 11:07 AM EDT (US)     162 / 183       

This is like the sort of thing I would expect a 12 year old who just discovered the internet to say. I guess you could say he subverted my expectations.

*teleports behind you* "nothing personnel, kid"

The "Real" Bryl

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-30-18 11:43 AM EDT (US)     163 / 183       
...What a twat.

Gotta put these up in RLMETP.

[This message has been edited by Kousoku Senkan Moffgou (edited 08-30-2018 @ 11:43 AM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-18 03:08 PM EDT (US)     164 / 183       
This is like the sort of thing I would expect a 12 year old who just discovered the internet to say.
Considering half the shit that comes out of his mouth, who's to say he isn't?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-30-18 07:29 PM EDT (US)     165 / 183       
And they released it as a standalone.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-02-18 09:47 PM EDT (US)     166 / 183       
Good news, everypony! The Last Jedi isn't bad, or even mediocre! All bad things said about it... are because of Russian hackers!

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-18 09:08 AM EDT (US)     167 / 183       
. . . huh?

Where does that come from?

Currently listening to: Emil Karma
Tann and Reath part two progress
Completely finished: one
Only Narrative needed: five
In progress: two
To be made: six
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-03-18 10:42 AM EDT (US)     168 / 183       
I bet all the bad reviews came from Macedonian bloggers.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-03-18 10:43 AM EDT (US)     169 / 183       
http://epicstream.com/news/TinyDiapana/Star-Wars-Ph-D-Study-Suggests-That-Most-Of-The-Last-Jedis-Trolls-Were-Bots

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/02/star-wars-the-last-jedi-rian-johnson-abuse-politically-motivated-russian-trolls?CMP=share_btn_fb

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-was-targeted-by-russian-trolls-study-says-1148475

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-russian-bots-derailed-last-jedi/

On the other hand...

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-18 01:29 PM EDT (US)     170 / 183       
And here I thought it was because we were all a bunch of misogynistic, racist, plebeians who wouldn't know art if it shot them in the foot with a slingshot loaded with ball bearings. Good to know.

Queen Jenny the Mediocre
Clone Trooper
(id: neo222)
posted 10-03-18 05:02 PM EDT (US)     171 / 183       
Well don't you know the new normal? Anyone who disagrees with you is a Russian bot.

(and cinematograpic failings)

I could move to a small town, and become a waitress...

[This message has been edited by Queen Jenny the Mediocre (edited 10-03-2018 @ 05:03 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-18 05:08 PM EDT (US)     172 / 183       
Jenny, if our board had a reaction button I would love your post.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-18 09:43 PM EDT (US)     173 / 183       
I am just so damn proud right now

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-04-18 10:53 AM EDT (US)     174 / 183       
And this is why you are all Moffu onii-chan's imoutos.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-18 04:58 PM EDT (US)     175 / 183       
...little sister?

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-18 06:02 PM EDT (US)     176 / 183       
Dammit, Moff. You watched a few shows of anime schoolgirls, that doesn't mean you speak Japanese!

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-04-18 09:33 PM EDT (US)     177 / 183       
It's that or you're a Pony. You pick. Do you wish for Moff to protecc or attac? <_<

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-18 10:09 PM EDT (US)     178 / 183       
If we're going by experience with anime, it might be me who would be the big brother.

Though honestly, we still have too few shows in common. You should fix that Moff.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-18 10:28 PM EDT (US)     179 / 183       
I think I'd rather you call me a damn pony before you mistakenly refer to me as a tentacle monster when you meant something entirely different

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-05-18 06:42 AM EDT (US)     180 / 183       
Though honestly, we still have too few shows in common. You should fix that Moff.
I like my moeshit.

But with explosions. Which means sometimes I'll have to watch Megumi's show. <_<

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 10-05-18 11:19 AM EDT (US)     181 / 183       
You mean Konasuba? I don't know man, I tried watching that one. It's pretty funny, but the fanservice was too much.

On the other hand, if you want moe, Lucky Star is worth a shot, so long as you understand it's pretty slow paced.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-05-18 12:11 PM EDT (US)     182 / 183       
Ohh... it's fanservicey? Then not into it.

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 10-05-18 12:31 PM EDT (US)     183 / 183       
There are some (Kobayashi, Carnival Phantasm ) that are worth watching anyway. Konasuba just isn't one of them for me. Admittedly, it's a parody, and I've noticed anime parody tends to go overboard in that regard.

Perhaps Interviews with Monster Girls would be better (there's fanservice but it's minimal). Nichijo, though I've never watched it, might be good too.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames