Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.43 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars Battlefront II
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Battlefront II
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 06-09-17 09:13 PM EDT (US)         
Tomorrow is the start of the EA Play event, where the first look at at the new Battlefront's gameplay will be revealed. Thus far from what we heard, it's going to be a significant step up from the last game content-wise. If we're lucky, the gameplay will actually be tolerable.

Among the improvements:
- A class-based loadout system, instead of the freeform system used in the first game

- A full singleplayer campaign, told from the Imperial perspective

- The inclusion of all three film eras

- No community-breaking season pass; all post-launch content will be free.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 09-27-2017 @ 08:37 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 06-09-17 09:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 43       
I feel like there was already a Star Wars: Battlefront II... Seriously, EA, would a unique name be too much to ask? Given that Star Trek XI was confusingly just called Star Trek, I'm going to go with "yes, a unique name is too much to ask these days."

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 06-10-17 02:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 43       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE1IFtwlInY

It's pretty, but...

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 06-10-17 03:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 43       
Where the hell are my command posts...

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 06-10-17 05:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 43       
Bunch of gameplay:

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-10-17 07:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 43       
I did notice that the clone troopers use the Dee Bradley Baker voice instead of Temura Morrison.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-10-17 08:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 43       
So it's walker assault with an MTT...and controlling the MTT is still timed. Why bother controlling it at all then? They already have the AI move them, why not just have it shoot too? I want to drive a damn AT-AT, not move the guns around for 30 seconds.

And again...WHERE ARE MY COMMAND POSTS?!

The lack of which tells me that it's just going to be more boring ass random spawns with people running around simply trying to rack up kills. No holding of a hallway to protect your team's last cp and pray one of your better players can sneak through and capture another point.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 06-10-17 08:26 PM EDT (US)     7 / 43       
I did notice that the clone troopers use the Dee Bradley Baker voice instead of Temura Morrison.
Numbuh 4 is less expensive.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-11-17 05:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 43       
Why does EA hate driveable heavy vehicles?

Although, I suppose if you get an utter potato or dicktroll in it... it can screw the team even harder than any kinda of predictable route.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-11-17 06:33 PM EDT (US)     9 / 43       
Never stopped us during the original Battlefront games. And in the case of Walker Assault, well that's what kicking is for.

...Still want my command posts.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-11-17 07:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 43       
"The enemy has captured a command post! TAKE IT BACK!"

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 06-11-17 09:59 PM EDT (US)     11 / 43       

Significant improvements all around, it seems.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Xaph
Shalashaska
(id: Xaphianion)
posted 06-11-17 10:35 PM EDT (US)     12 / 43       
Dibs on Heavy.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-12-17 00:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 43       
Psh. Mine-planting n00b

I'm going to assume by "conquest mode" that means maps with my damn command posts...I just want to actually fight over the actual map not rushing to kill/protect a certain objective. Well at least there is hope of it in the game's future. Not that means much with EA.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-12-17 08:10 AM EDT (US)     14 / 43       
Well, it's not like it's being developed by the Bioware D-team, so... at least it should look and sound okay.

Admittedly, if a fully-suited Stormtrooper were to gripe, "My face is tired from dealing with everything..." that would at least be funny.

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 06-12-2017 @ 08:11 AM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-12-17 03:43 PM EDT (US)     15 / 43       
Thankfully Bioware isn't touching this. Say what you will about the EA fps line. DICE does some damn good work. I will say this game actually looks more intense and reliant on teamwork than the first one. And actual choke points! Yay! I love me some grenade fights.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-13-17 01:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 43       
Well, no matter how good it is... Star Wars Battlefront II (Part Deux) will never, ever be as good as this glorious and epic masterpiece.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-13-17 03:57 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43       
Should have italicized the word "ever"

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-02-17 10:10 PM EDT (US)     18 / 43       
Well shocker of shocks. To make up for the lack of paid DLC, they're gonna (potentially mind you, but this is EA) microtransaction the shit out of this game. While I haven't found a source to support this claim, they have said that the crates that contain star cards will be purchased with credits obtained in game, and a free crate will be given once per day.

Yay!

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 07-02-2017 @ 10:11 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-02-17 10:52 PM EDT (US)     19 / 43       
Yeah, but it has single-player, so... I'm not affected by stupid pay-to-win schemes.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-03-17 03:24 AM EDT (US)     20 / 43       
Well for your sake I hope the story in the campaign is good. Considering it's going to feature the First Order, I'm not holding my breath

Anyway, the biggest part of BF2's success was the multiplayer. Each faction having balanced units so players are forced to rely on their skill to contribute to their team. However, if their skill at fighting other players was lacking, you could easily play a support role via an engineer.

Now it's all combat (which I'm all for), but with players potentially having an advantage via what they get in these crates. Given EA's history, this game could easily become pay-to-win.

The worst part of it is, if the pay-to-win aspect renders the population lifeless like the first one, all EA would do is say "we gave you a single-player campaign, and you still didn't like it." I realize I'm putting words in EA's mouth now, but you have to admit it's not much of a stretch.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-03-17 07:12 AM EDT (US)     21 / 43       
The crates don't contain star cards or abilities directly; just modifiers that can be applied to them, all of which can be obtained through normal play.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 07-03-17 12:58 PM EDT (US)     22 / 43       
Relevant.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-03-17 03:54 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43       
The crates don't contain star cards
See I've been hearing they'll have star cards.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 09-27-17 08:38 AM EDT (US)     24 / 43       

Looking like a significant improvement over 2015's travesty. Open Beta for all systems starts next Friday.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-27-17 06:04 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43       
Indeed it does. Assuming the Open Beta will be dependent on Playstation Plus, I won't be able to join it. Y'all will have to tell me how it is.

Though what are the odds the only playable map for open beta is Theed?

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 09-28-17 01:48 AM EDT (US)     26 / 43       
Half-right. Theed and Fondor.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-28-17 03:28 PM EDT (US)     27 / 43       
Damn. So close

Well I especially want to know how the space combat is. I was a monster in the original BF2 space, and hopefully will be again.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 09-28-17 09:11 PM EDT (US)     28 / 43       
At the very least it seems like the aerial combat is no longer just 'hold lockon button, win game.' You also have full manual control over the craft; no more quick-dodge buttons.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-29-17 01:35 AM EDT (US)     29 / 43       
All true nitpicks on the original. But damn was I good at it

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-29-17 11:41 AM EDT (US)     30 / 43       
TIE Fighter update when.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames