Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.66 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Canon vs Legends
Bottom
Topic Subject:Canon vs Legends
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 05-27-17 10:28 AM EDT (US)         
While I like the "legends" of the Star Wars of old, I don't mind the canon Disney set for the Star Wars universe. I wanted to ask which of you guys prefer? the Canon star wars or the Legend Star Wars and why? What was so good about one or the other? why do you think it was better? You can also point out why you didn't like the part of it. I think the legends continuity had a pretty good run while it lasted. What I didn't like too much about it was the Yuuzhan Vong series. That wasn't exactly something I could come to terms with too well, but I don't outright hate it with a passion, like some people.

I am also not too fond of how HUGE and confusing the Skywalker progeny was. It was hard to keep up with the names of the characters when they were named so familiarly. That goes for the Organa/Solo family too. It was a little hard to keep up in the comics. By the way, since legends has been put down from canonicity, does that affect parts of our scenario design or does that remain intact? Actually, never mind... the thing I really wanted to talk about is the fact that without the legends continuity, some of SWGB's best campaigns probably wouldn't have existed without it, so probably a good thing we had it when it was around.

I do wonder, however, about how the new "Disney" canon will hold up? Legends has inspired so many tales over the years and Disney seems to be hand-picking their films' settings from that continuity. In a way, I guess that means it is still important, but technically it is still denounced by them as well.
AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 11-06-17 07:54 PM EDT (US)     61 / 66       
On the other hand, it's also probably our best bet of finally getting BluRays of Anastasia and Titan A.E..

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 11-09-17 08:42 AM EDT (US)     62 / 66       

...What. This is not from some crossover fic where the Klingons and the Galactic Empire joined forces. This is canon. His name is Commander Kanchar.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 11-09-17 09:48 AM EDT (US)     63 / 66       
But does he quote Shakespeare in the original Klingon? (Though to be honest he looks more like Qimpeq than Chang...)

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-09-17 11:04 AM EDT (US)     64 / 66       
He does look a bit like K'mpec.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 11-12-17 07:57 PM EDT (US)     65 / 66       
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-15-17 11:41 AM EDT (US)     66 / 66       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCP-Y4u-beQ

ICH BIN DER SENAT
NOCH. NICHT.

The Italian one sounds cool, too.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames