Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Cancelled Star Wars Games
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cancelled Star Wars Games
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-17 05:04 PM EDT (US)         
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKJYGNBk7Ec

I get the feeling that every year a new Star Wars game gets cancelled and replaced, probably, with one that has less quality than the original game set for it. Even worse, more games got cancelled since Disney took over and the bucket list just keeps growing afterwards...

Any opinions on the matter?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 04-02-2017 @ 07:37 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 04-02-17 06:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Video tags are nonfunctional for Firefox users. Can you include URLs with the videos?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-17 07:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
There you go, it's fixed. I recommend not using Firefox too much though or get dependent on it, as that browser is more glitchy than I would normally even tolerate and I have tolerated with a lot of glitchy software in my day. That thing crashes too much. I would recommend using more stable browsers like Google Chrome or Opera... Hell, Even IE (internet explorer) is a more viable option, even though it's a little clumsy and hard to use now, I think.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-07-17 08:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
If EA had a lick of basic sense, they'd commission a TIE Fighter-style flight sim. So, we'll not be seeing that any time soon.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 04-07-17 08:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Flight sims don't exactly seem to be overly popular at the moment. On the other hand, neither do film-franchise tie-ins. I bet the next Star Wars game that isn't for mobile we see is a mediocre ME:A-inspired "RPG" from BioWare.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-07-17 10:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Obviously, flight sims are just waiting the next good one to make a comeback.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-08-17 11:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
I think they've become something of a niche market, sort of like point'n'click adventures--and of course niche markets are dominated by indie developers, and indie developers don't get licenses for major franchises. On the other hand, Double Fine seems to have developed a good working relationship with Disney, so who knows: we might not get a flight simulator but we might get a Star Wars point'n'click that manages to have a bafflingly obscene budget without it at all being clear why the game should require such a budget.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-11-17 10:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rmNXsaBFz0

Well... looks like KotOR is going to get butchered for new canon.

Then again, all we have for that era in the Disney Canon is:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/6021_BBY
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/3966_BBY/Canon
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/3277_BBY

Random references and a bloody calendar system. So the field is wide open, but, given KotOR built off existing lore and kinda tried to bridge the gap from Tales of the Jedi to the prequels (perhaps trying a bit too hard to be a bridge, since there was nearly four millennia for stuff to happen)... it will be in vacuum now. Perhaps we'll see the beginnings of the Sith, and their first downfall.

And they were kicking around the idea of Revan in TCW... with Karpyshyn on it, who knows? Hopefully, he won't go all God Mode this time.

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 04-11-2017 @ 10:54 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-11-17 11:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
KotOR was definitely pushing a little too hard to bridge a 4,000 year gap overnight. For example, in TotJ the Jedi married and had kids; now forty years later you're not allowed to do that because Prequels. And apparently you weren't allowed to do that then, either, based on what Cantankerous Grandpa Jolee Bindo has to say on the matter.

As for "the return of Revan," were they seriously going to bring him back 4,000 years later??? Thanks, I'll pass. Honestly, Revan was mildly interesting in KotOR, but it was TSL that actually made him a fascinating and complex character (albeit one clearly colored by the narrator--as in everything she did, Kreia obviously had an agenda in her Revan tales--but she told better stories about Revan than BioWare did).

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-11-17 12:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
I believe he would've been in spirit or illusion form. The first notion of inserting him was during the Mortis arc.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-11-17 02:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Ah, like the Nihilus holocron in Legacy. That's less awkward. I suppose it's easy to jump to the conclusion that Star Wars will choose the worst possible and most literal way of implementing something.

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 04-11-2017 @ 02:20 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames